Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Gaming > Game Talk

Game Talk Talk about your favorite games! Arrange play times! And more!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-11-2017, 06:59 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Default E3 2017

Okay. Holy shit.

Thoughts on the Xbox conference?

My personal highlight was the upcoming Life is Strange prequel. The first few seconds of the trailer I immediately recognized it and freaked out, crying ensued. Holy shit I am SO FUCKING HYPED.

Nimble Writer - now available on Steam, Itch.io.
CodeCat, my blog that I need to update - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution or Bogus Detour. Please use the appropriate community hubs for that.)
Old 06-11-2017, 10:13 PM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Default Re: E3 2017

Anthem looks cool.

Edit: Um... yeah... Bethesda did not need their own conference this year...

Last edited by LordAngus; 06-12-2017 at 12:46 AM.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:49 AM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

DooM VFR - It looks like now Sam leads, DooM follows...
Old 06-12-2017, 04:15 AM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Devolver's press conference killed it. Also thanks to that a lot of people are asking us about "Earliest Access" now

CodeCat, my blog that I need to update - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution or Bogus Detour. Please use the appropriate community hubs for that.)
Old 06-12-2017, 06:45 AM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

I do hope Doom VFR will have proper locomotion too, not just teleporting.

Ori 2 (Ori and the Will of Wisps) might be the only reason I will ever use the Win10 store, even though I hate its very existence.

Ubisoft sunk to a new low with Asscreed Origins. They said they will "rethink" the series, and I actually had some sort of hope. But not like this. NOT LIKE THIS.

Anthem looks cool and was confirmed to be possible to be played in solo, so that's okay for me.

That pirate game looks cool too.

Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus HYPE!

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.

Last edited by Solais; 06-12-2017 at 06:47 AM.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:11 AM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

What about SS VR release date, also SS3 Fusion add-on?
Old 06-12-2017, 11:15 AM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

My thoughts so far: Skipped the EA conference, seems like the only thing worth mentioning is Anthem, which does look AMAZING. Bethesda, aside from Wolfenstein II, felt like a big dud. I just don't think they had enough to show to warrant a standalone press conference. While Doom VR seems interesting, I just remain skeptical. Doom in 2D gave me slight motion sickness at times, I can't imagine what VR will be like

Microsoft really surprised me this year. They spent 10 minutes at the beginning talking about the Xbox One X (XOX?), another five minutes talking about backwards compatibility, and the odd 5 minute Porsche endorsement. Other than that, the rest of the conference was a machinegun volley of game after game. Lots of console exclusives... since MS has taken the approach that all their exclusives will be available on Win10 and have cross play. It was also refreshing to see a conference that didn't feature Gears of War or Halo... at all! And they showcased a very diverse cast of games.

My thoughts on specific games:
  • Anthem - This game looked absolutely gorgeous, I can't wait to see more of this.
  • Life is Strange Prequel - YES YES YEES! I was a bit skeptical when I heard an announcement of a sequel. Considering the original game had a certain amount of finality to it. Makes perfect sense that it would be a prequel and can't wait to see what they do with the story.
  • Ori - Looks gorgeous... can't say much else. But this reminds me that I really need to play the original Ori
  • Metro Exodus - Everything looked amazing... but everything looked pre-rendered. I'd have liked to see some actual gameplay, but that's the new E3 approach.
  • Sea of Thieves - Looks like such a great playground game and an amazing time with friends. But I don't know how it will play if you are only by yourself, which might be a big turn off.
  • Crackdown 3 - Terry Fucking Crews, hell yeah. But lol, aside from that, I am cautiously excited about this game, especially since Crackdown was one of my favorite games on the 360. Graphics from the gameplay seemed pretty outdated though... need to see more.
  • State of Decay 2 - Looks interesting, but since I've never played the first one, I don't really know what to expect.
  • Assassins Creed Origins - I am officially hyped for this game... it would take a lot to bring me down from this hype train. All the leaked rumors appear to be true and that just makes my heart happy. So far it is checking off all the right boxes. Same team that made AC4: Black Flag? Check. Set in my favorite environment, ancient Egypt? Check. Sailing and riding horses/camels back in? Check. Completely re-worked parkour, stealth, and combat? Check. No mini-map for a more immersive experience? Check. A larger world that promises to incorporate more RPG elements? Check. I am excited and this just might be the title I am looking forward to the most.
Old 06-12-2017, 11:20 AM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

The LIS prequel is not LIS2 by the way. It's a separate studio making it, actually:

Quote:
Season 2 is still coming from the original LIS team. This is just a prequel story made by a different developer to tie people over until season 2.
Also yes, I liked State of Decay 1 a lot, looking forward to the sequel

Old 06-12-2017, 11:33 AM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

Ah, that makes a lot more sense for LiS. But now my original thoughts have returned... I'm very skeptical in regards to how they will continue the story from season 1. The game had a very Donnie Darko vibe to it and everything culminated to the ultimate finale. It truly felt like there was a finality to the story. It's going to be odd to see how they actually plan to continue the story. And without venturing into spoiler-land, I'm not sure it will be quite the same now that certain elements from the first game will be missing.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:32 PM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Sigh.
Prediction: Wolf II will suck.
And that makes me sad, as I loved Wolf TNO
Wolf II seems to me to be Gearbox software does Fallout on the Doom engine.
And I was all excited when I saw you post about it, I stopped watching my tv show and immediately went to youtube.
Now, I am just disappointed.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:44 PM   #11   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

In other news Ubisoft is shipping a very limited edition (only 1,000 copies) of Assassin's Creed Origins for the very affordable price of $800. What a steal, get it while you can!
Old 06-13-2017, 01:00 AM   #12   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

The highlight of the show (so far) is when Michel Ancel got teary eyed with glorious response to the Beyond Good & Evil 2 trailer. No gameplay was shown, but the promise of something coming was enough to get the crowd excited. Michel has fought tooth and nail for over a decade to execute his vision. Good for him.
Old 06-13-2017, 02:29 AM   #13   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave3d View Post
Sigh.
Prediction: Wolf II will suck.
And that makes me sad, as I loved Wolf TNO
Wolf II seems to me to be Gearbox software does Fallout on the Doom engine.
And I was all excited when I saw you post about it, I stopped watching my tv show and immediately went to youtube.
Now, I am just disappointed.
...? Why? It looks exactly the same as TNO.

That being said, this E3 was pretty disappointing IMHO. No Sam 4, no Death Stranding, no Shenmue 3, no FF7 Remake, no RE2 remake, no The Last of Us Part 2, no Starfield, no Elder Scrolls 6, the most prominent announcement was Beyond Good and Evil 2 which I'm not really interested in anyway.
Old 06-13-2017, 05:21 AM   #14   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Yeah, the Beyond Good and Evil 2 trailer was something else, holy shit.

And I have to say, after they showed proper Asscreed Origins gameplay... I was actually wrong about it when they first announced it. And now, I'm actually interested in it? The world is ending?

The Sony conference was boring. Mostly stuff we already seen and DLCs.

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 06-13-2017, 08:54 AM   #15   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

So with this year's E3 coming to an end it's time to talk about the real stuff.

For when is the SS4 reveal scheduled?
Old 06-13-2017, 09:31 AM   #16   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO

Nothing that interesting for me yet...Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer was pretty neat I suppose? (if that was E3 ) I haven't played the original Beyond Good & Evil but I'm all for a sequel on that too.

Crash Bandicoot Trilogy announcements have been great so far, glad they're adding in new content as well. The game looks pretty as heck as well.
Old 06-13-2017, 11:41 AM   #17   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

Trying not to be biased, since I only own a XB1, but I did take the time to watch Sony's press conference. It felt pretty disappointing TBH. I mean, they showed a lot of great trailers, but there really weren't any new announcements that weren't shown last year. Spider Man does look amazing though.

Since the only remaining conference is Nintendo (which I don't care much about), I'm going to go ahead and compile my list now. Games that I am really excited about:
  • A Way Out
  • Assassin's Creed Origins
  • Crackdown 3
  • Cuphead
  • Life is Strange prequel
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps (still need to play the first game!)
  • The Last Night

Games that are on my "wait and see more" list:
  • Anthem
  • Code Vein
  • Far Cry 5
  • Metro Exodus
  • Shadow of War
  • Sea of Thieves (I want to like this one, but I know it will only be fun with a solid group of friends)
  • Wolfenstein II
  • Beyond Good & Evil 2 (honestly this was just a teaser, so can't really judge anything yet)

Overall I liked a lot of the trailers. But like always, wish that we saw more gameplay. But I feel like I've got a pretty solid lineup of games coming this year!

-EDIT- Also... did I miss it or did Croteam not announce anything at this E3? I thought they were going to announce one of their projects?
Old 06-13-2017, 11:48 AM   #18   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMercy Rider View Post
-EDIT- Also... did I miss it or did Croteam not announce anything at this E3? I thought they were going to announce one of their projects?
Devolver did say that yes, I was expecting something at Sony's conference and was surprised to not see anything there. Maybe we'll hear it from Devolver's social media and press releases.

(Unless they somehow partnered with Nintendo, releasing something on the Switch maybe )

Edit: Actually, we also have the "E3 Coliseum" left but I don't know if it's relevant at all: https://www.e3expo.com/show-info/3203/e3-coliseum/

Last edited by Scratch; 06-13-2017 at 11:50 AM.
Old 06-13-2017, 01:50 PM   #19   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

I don't watch E3 since it's always just Call of Duty 38575, Dudebro Sports 2018 (now in 4k!!!!), and Assassin's Creed 596938 but I picked up some info from other people since everyone was talking about it.

I'm glad that Ace Combat 7 got another trailer but I'm not glad that it's delayed another year. No SS4, no Talos 2, no SOMA/Penumbra/Amnesia sequel, no new Metal Gear ever again, no Kojima update of any kind, Yakuza 6 still far away. I am not joking when I say that I will probably die of old age before some of these games come out. The golden window has already passed and I hardly have time to play anything anymore as it is.

Also I heard that the theme Microsoft's conference was 4k. Who cares? Call me when every game on their system consistently does 1080p 60fps with at least some AA and other reasonable settings that will finally put it on par with a PC from 8 years ago. Can't believe they're seriously releasing a $500 console. Which market are they targeting? This is the PS3 pricing blunder all over again. Only thing missing was RRRRRRRRRRRRiiiiiiiddgeee Rrrrrraaaaccceeerrrrrr!!

The PS4 Pro and Scorpio were a mistake. One of the allures of a console is buying it once and being set for that generation. Now devs are apparently gimping their releases by targeting the more powerful consoles instead of ensuring that the games run well on the standard versions, thereby screwing the vast majority of the console market.
Old 06-13-2017, 02:18 PM   #20   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

... So that's my Nintendo DMCA'd AM2R. They were also working on a Metroid 2 remake. They also announced Metroid Prime 4.

I should be happy, I should be ecstatic that the Metroid franchise was resurrected. And in a way I am. But I'm also angry. AM2R was worked on for 10 years. 10 years of sweat, love and effort. FOR FREE. You don't pull that, you give them a job and a pay them handsomely for all that! Like, they could have been like SEGA, fans doing 2D stuff, they doing the 3D stuff. but no.

I still want to play this "Another Another Metroid 2 Remake". But I'll always see this just the "Another Another" one, no the -real- remake. The only way I'd be completely okay with it, if the AM2R guys were given credit and there was a free addon to AAM2R to play AM2R. Like an unlockable version, or something.

Old 06-13-2017, 02:26 PM   #21   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

I know that Rockstar sticks their nose up at E3 but it was rumored that RDR2 was going to pop up at the Sony conference and a small part of me wanted to believe that. So add RDR2 to the "fuck man I wanted to see this at E3" list I made earlier.

Here's the most positive thing I can take from this year's E3 though: there is a FUCKTON of games coming out next year. God of War, Red Dead Redemption 2, Metro: Exodus, Days Gone, Anthem, Spiderman, probably Serious Sam 4, probably The Last of Us 2, maybe Death Stranding, and I'm sure I missed something.
Old 06-13-2017, 03:29 PM   #22   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordAngus View Post
...? Why? It looks exactly the same as TNO.

That being said, this E3 was pretty disappointing IMHO. No Sam 4, no Death Stranding, no Shenmue 3, no FF7 Remake, no RE2 remake, no The Last of Us Part 2, no Starfield, no Elder Scrolls 6, the most prominent announcement was Beyond Good and Evil 2 which I'm not really interested in anyway.
Not really.
Its like they gave it to Gearbox studios to make, and gearbox tried to make it look like TNO, but they injected their 'stupid kiddie humor' into it.
Did TNO seem 'silly' or 'funny' to you? It didnt to me. It had its few small moments of humor, basically 1 liners, interspersed throughout the game, but it was more a 'serious' type game with excellent shooting all over the place.
I know this isnt representative of the game, as its mostly all cutscenes, but this 'reveal' just looked very very silly to me (something that gearbox would think was funny, but its way too much), compared to the serious adulty type TNO game.
Also, it seems like it is going to be VERY cutscene-y to me, because TNO had some very good cutscenes, but they did not dominate the game, the gameplay dominated the game, but this 'seems' like the cutscenes will dominate the game instead of the gameplay (shooting).

Again, this is just based on what we got to see, but it seems that way to me.
I hope I am wrong, as I loved TNO, but disliked its followup The Old Blood (and everyone said that was the exact same as TNO, but it wasnt either).

The reveal actually reminded me more of Fallout and that 1 Xcom game all the people that loved Xcom hated (pretty recent Xcom).

I will keep an eye on Wolf II, and I hope the more they show the more I will like it.
And, keeping an eye on The Crew 2 and FarCry 5, and Need For Speed Payback.
Nothing I have seen acually interests me as in a 'must have' game though.

EDIT:
Scratch that.
METRO: EXODUS looks freaking awesome!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trFAe0HZtDE
Its the only game I am going to try to save my steam wallet for, except that it is Windows 10 and Xbox only.
WTF ?
There are still viable other options out there like Win 8/8.1, win 7, and Steam!
Seems MS is trying to buy everyone off to make their games 'Xbox' (because what is win 10 but xbox windows? ) only.
Sigh.

Last edited by Dave3d; 06-13-2017 at 04:49 PM.
Old 06-13-2017, 03:37 PM   #23   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

My list is:

- Metroid Prime 4
- Another Another Metroid 2 Remake (Metroid: Samus Returns)
- Ori and the Will of Wisps
- Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus
- Anthem
- Cuphead
- Sea of Thieves (maybe)
- Skull & Bones
- Assassin's Creed Origins (maybe)
- Beyond Good & Evil 2

Edit: Oh yeah and Sonic Mania and Sonic Forces, of course, but I knew about them before.

Last edited by Solais; 06-13-2017 at 06:28 PM.
Old 06-13-2017, 04:46 PM   #24   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Well, RPS has every PC game from E3 here:
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...2017-pc-games/
Old 06-13-2017, 09:19 PM   #25   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

So Talos VR was revealed on Twitter & Steam Store I guess. A little bit silently but oh well.

Old 06-13-2017, 10:05 PM   #26   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

As now I watch SpiderMan PS4 on YT - Look very awesome.

Ori and the Will of the Wisps - Yes that awesome....

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - Hahaha that look like into early 70s. Deep Nazis still roaming...

God of War PS4 - Really good.

Call of Duty WW2 PS4 - Great. Its time stop play on my PC.

Days Gone - Good

Last edited by Wezilla; 06-14-2017 at 01:03 AM.
Old 06-13-2017, 10:48 PM   #27   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

The grenade dud scene in the trailer for Wolf 2 is the only thing I can think of that is remotely "silly" but it still seems tonally consistent in comparison to the first game if you ask me.
Old 06-14-2017, 02:55 AM   #28   Add To Ignore List  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordAngus View Post
The grenade dud scene in the trailer for Wolf 2 is the only thing I can think of that is remotely "silly" but it still seems tonally consistent in comparison to the first game if you ask me.
How about that cartoon lizard in the end?
Old 06-14-2017, 04:48 AM   #29   Add To Ignore List  
I AM YOUR REDEEMER

And Ferguss smashing a biscuit into his face? And Blazko killin' Nazis in a wheelchair? Or the fact that Resistance Leader and Blazko are talking and drinking Whiskey whilst bullets fly in through the window?

Wow you failed so much in Life, that you need such things as fun. - Gnaarwarian
Last hax0red by Jetroid; 01-01-1970 at 12:00 AM.
Old 06-14-2017, 05:37 PM   #30   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

I dunno, I found it the same serious/silly as TNO.