Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam Classic > Serious Sam Classic Workshop > Serious Sam Classic SDK

Serious Sam Classic SDK Discuss coding ideas & problems or show tutorials and code snippets.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-06-2004, 12:55 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

Default Max Ammo Question...

Can anyone point me to what I'd need to alter to allow for max ammo changes to exceed 999? I've altered the common.h header to allow for larger max ammo, but everything is still capped by the 999 cap. I'm assuming there's some bit flag or something I need to change, but I'll be damned if I know where to look. Or is it somehow hard coded somewhere for some reason? Any help, muchly appreciated.

- Z
Old 04-06-2004, 01:06 PM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Beware the buttcat

LactosetheIntolerant is offline Send a message via ICQ to LactosetheIntolerant Send a message via MSN to LactosetheIntolerant Send a message via Yahoo to LactosetheIntolerant

well, seeing as the hud allows for only 3 digits on the ammo display(i think) it might just be a hud problem, in that it displays 999 but the actual ammo value is higher. do some cprintf's to print the actual ammo value to the screen. im just guessing though.

Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Old 04-06-2004, 01:08 PM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

That's what I thought initially as well, but after a quick test, it's definitely capped at 999.

Any thoughts on where this is being capped?

- Z
Old 04-06-2004, 01:38 PM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Updating Fool

Check out your other thread Zapaan
Old 04-10-2005, 06:46 AM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

I did see some code specifying 'celing' values for this in 'PlayerWeaspons.cpp' check around line 2096 in TFE pack.

Code:
m_iMaxBullets  = ClampUp  ((INDEX) ceil  (MAX_BULLETS  * fModifier ) , INDEX (999));
That looks to me like it specifies a ceiling value of 'm_iMaxBullets' to be 'MAX_BULLETS * fModifier' but it ALSO specifies 999 - I guess one represents the engine hard max [999] and the other the header defined 'soft' max.

You can prolly search all files for 'INDEX(999)'.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:24 AM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

Default Re: Max Ammo Question...

It's not capped at 999, I saw it go to 4000 before on some mod but I don't know how. I just know that it's not capped at 999. This was from 7 years ago I'm just adding to it.