Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam Classic

Serious Sam Classic Discuss anything and everything relating to Serious Sam Classic and its 2 parts; The First Encounter and The Second Encounter.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-10-2001, 04:10 AM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

Ok all of you Serious Sam fans...  I just downloaded a bunch of the user created levels for Serious Sam.  My question is, what file do you install these levels into and how do you play them??  Have not figured this out yet.  I downloaded both deathmatch and coop levels.  Any help would be appreciated!!  Thanks
Ivar
Old 07-10-2001, 04:23 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  

sartophiketle is offline Send a message via ICQ to sartophiketle
.gro files go in the serious sam root directory and the .wld files should go in the levels>> root dir for coop and levels/deathmatch/ for dm obviously, i think thats how it goes, im at work at the moment so i can't check, but basically just have a look for where the normal game levels are installed and put you singleplayer/coop levels there and have a look for the desert temple level and put all you deathmatch maps there and you should be fine.
Old 07-10-2001, 10:28 AM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
World Designer

Deathmatch, Tbn, Wld and Vis files go into ?:\Program Files\Croteam\Serious Sam\Levels\Deathmatch

Coop, Tbn, Wld and Vis files go into ?:\Program Files\Croteam\Serious Sam\Levels

Gro files go into ?:\Program Files\Croteam\Serious Sam

And then you need to open the &quotersistant_Symbols.ini file thats in the ?:\Program Files\Croteam\Serious Sam\Scripts folder and find this line

persistent extern INDEX sam_bShowAllLevels=(INDEX)0;

And change the zero to a 1, exit and save and you should be all set to load your new maps from the Custom Level menu and or from the Start Server menu.

And please start your Tech Questions threads from now on in the Tech Section of this board and also try using the search function here first before posting, because if you had done that with this question you would have seen its been answered before, a few times.

Thanx

INTRUDER

(Edited by INTRUDER at 11:16 pm on July 10, 2001)