Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam 4

Serious Sam 4 The place to talk about Croteam's next title: Serious Sam 4! What do you know? What do you hope to see in the next Sam game?

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-30-2018, 08:58 PM   #91   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Default Re: Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass revealed

Never been a big fan of open worlds in FPS's. SS games have always had huge maps when outside without the need of a RPG crutch like an open world. SS games are run and gun FPS games. I do not want to be bored by having to travel hundreds of miles on foot or by vehicle collecting little bits and pieces along the way on little side quests to get to my next encounter. All I want from SS4 is more of SS:FE-SS3 just in new places. I want the same gameplay because that is what I like about SS games just in new and different environments. I certainly don't want to see any RPG creep of any kind in SS4. Next thing you know we will be having to upgrade Sam and weapons by collecting skill points by killing X number of aliens. Or using skill points to buy ammo or weapons. Spending an hour or more making Sam look like we want him to to make him our own.

I see a big influence from The Talos Principle visually as well . The trailer looked nice. The grass looks nice but the more realist they make the game the harder it is to retain the feel of the game. It's harder to see things in the environmental clutter.
Old 05-01-2018, 08:36 AM   #92   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapedOffRoad View Post
Never been a big fan of open worlds in FPS's. SS games have always had huge maps when outside without the need of a RPG crutch like an open world. SS games are run and gun FPS games. I do not want to be bored by having to travel hundreds of miles on foot or by vehicle collecting little bits and pieces along the way on little side quests to get to my next encounter. All I want from SS4 is more of SS:FE-SS3 just in new places. I want the same gameplay because that is what I like about SS games just in new and different environments. I certainly don't want to see any RPG creep of any kind in SS4. Next thing you know we will be having to upgrade Sam and weapons by collecting skill points by killing X number of aliens. Or using skill points to buy ammo or weapons. Spending an hour or more making Sam look like we want him to to make him our own.
Serious Sam 4 is not what you think it is. According to one of the developers, it's just the same SS experience, but with bigger levels. Same gameplay, no RPG elements at all.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:32 AM   #93   Add To Ignore List  
(⌐■_■)

I hope that Croteam will add something new like new enemies or weapons, or at least bring grenade launcher back.
Old 05-01-2018, 01:14 PM   #94   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

I think the weapon and enemy system should be more flexible, according to Solais. I would love to have the Chainsaw back, and I can't wait to see a few innovative weapons in there as well.
Old 05-01-2018, 02:23 PM   #95   Add To Ignore List  
CNT
Albino Cyclops

YouTube Video: Sirian Mutilator Bracelet

at least this won't come back...
Old 05-01-2018, 03:14 PM   #96   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

I love the mutilator. It was fun, playing with it.
Old 05-02-2018, 04:30 AM   #97   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

So SS4 is before SS3 or after ?
Old 05-02-2018, 05:43 AM   #98   Add To Ignore List  
ideas but no skills

Seriously! Archivist/Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezilla View Post
So SS4 is before SS3 or after ?
Before.
Old 05-02-2018, 06:31 AM   #99   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikaCommando View Post
Before.
OK
Old 05-04-2018, 04:50 AM   #100   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

It's about damn time. The sequel to one of the best FPS series is finally coming.

I fully trust Croteam to once again, make an awesome FPS. All I have to say is: Don't forget the story. I know it's not the main focus of this series, but I really dig the setting and the little lore there is around it. Getting to find out how Earth came to its eventual defeat at the hands of Mental is going to tell us a lot of interesting things. Hope to see a lot of destroyed cities, symbolic monuments and such. Maybe even a big battle between Mental's and Earth's army, the outcome of which we all already know.

The only thing that completely disregarded any lore and threw the little story there was out of the window was SS2, so you wouldn't believe how happy I was when it was proclaimed non-canon and to be replaced with something new and fitting. For me, Sam is still in the spaceship he acquired at the end of Second Encounter and on his way to Mental. SS2 never happened.

Oh and one more thing. Please make NETRICSA like in FE and SE, not BFE. I liked that much more. Giving you details not just about enemies and weapons, but environments, new areas and such. Just put a "detail" button to every entry, which will launch the presentation like in BFE version.
Old 05-04-2018, 11:46 PM   #101   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maska322 View Post
I hope that Croteam will add something new like new enemies or weapons, or at least bring grenade launcher back.
I would like to see the return of the older enemies from SSFE/SE that were left out of SS3. I didn't have an issue with the new enemies in SS3 because it was in the near future and the original games were in the past. Over the eons of time, I could believe they died out and were replaced by the newer creatures.

On the silly side it would be fun to ride a dino again like in SS2. Part of me would like Badass to be SS2 done the way they wanted to do it. Not the way they were forced to do it , which would likely make it very different however something brand new is certainly welcome as well.

I'd like to see some of them worlds that they wanted to do in the original games but never got realized. I think it would be great if they managed to add the multiple gravity fields that the original games had but were missing from the SS3 engine into the new engine. It adds additional options to gameplay.

Sadly I doubt I will be able to update my hardware anytime in the next year. I can't and won't pay what they want for a new GPU currently thanks to the scumbag crypto miners and I seriously doubt my Radeon 5700 will play SS4 at all or if it did well enough to enjoy. I really need to replace my system. It's 5-6 years old , ancient.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:30 AM   #102   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

Here's a reminder: Serious Sam 4 is not going to be the SS2 Croteam originally imagined. In fact, it will be set before BFE, in Europe. On the plus side, modern day Europe in SS doesn't sound as bad as modern day Egypt in BFE. Just wait 'til E3 for more info.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:43 AM   #103   Add To Ignore List  
(⌐■_■)

Modern day Europe?
Just imagine kamikazes running at you screaming ALLLAAAAHUU AKBAARRRR, then Sam realises that it wasn't headless kamikaze.
Old 05-05-2018, 10:29 AM   #104   Add To Ignore List  

Old 05-05-2018, 11:45 AM   #105   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Sam(BG) View Post
"Remasters"? You mean the HD versions? How they will change them? Via regular updates? Or they are planning completely new remakes? When to expect that (no matter update or new remake)? Will they affect the ordinary HD editions, or only the Fusion Hub ones?
They will eventually remaster-update all of fusion with changes to story, levels, and gameplay.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Old 05-05-2018, 03:12 PM   #106   Add To Ignore List  
(⌐■_■)

SerIOUS SeMMM DLC neW 3 LEveLL OnEEEE WeaPOn upgRadE anD alternaTiVE enDING for 20$$$$$$$$$$ + ShiRT foR KamiKAzuuuuUU FrEEEE TRY now!1111one!1
Old 05-05-2018, 11:30 PM   #107   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maska322 View Post
Modern day Europe?
Just imagine kamikazes running at you screaming ALLLAAAAHUU AKBAARRRR, then Sam realises that it wasn't headless kamikaze.
I wonder what year it's going to be based in or whats going to be in it but I like the trailer for the new SS4 though
Old 05-06-2018, 03:01 AM   #108   Add To Ignore List  
有毒物質

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louva-Deus View Post
They will eventually remaster-update all of fusion with changes to story, levels, and gameplay.
[citation needed]
Old 05-06-2018, 03:26 AM   #109   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

As long as there is no 2 gun limit, its all good.
I REALLY hope they will let people like me play just a tiny bit of the game, so I, or someone as sensitive to aa and mutli layers of a frame, play to see if it makes us sick or not.
Probably THE worst thing about bfe was that I got naseous in 5 to 20 minutes, and couldnt play much, but just in tiny 5 minute sessions.
The fov plus the seeming 20 layers of just 1 frame was what made me sick.

As long as those 2 things dont happen, cant wait for it.
Also, a 'renewed' or 'remastered' ss2 sounds very cool. As long as no 'hi, hello' every 2 seconds through the whole game. That had some great things in it, like the clowns and the football 'gameplay'. The little bit of having to do something a little different than just strafe gun, backwards gun, was refreshing. Mind you, I am talking about just the different gameplay the was added by the different enemy, instead of a new enemy that made you do the same exact thing gameplay wise.
Oh, sorry, and no enemies on ground/walls/cieling, that KILLED bfe gameplay and pace.
I hope they redo Next Encounter along with ss2. I am trying to play it on ps3, but the lack of aa and the very very pixelation and jaggies everywhere makes it hard to play the game. It hurts my eyes. I got to the vehicle part, and had to stop, as it just got hard to maneuver the vehicle. It was better walking. I am lucky to be able to play though, have wanted to try it since I heard of it. If it were in the HD engine, it would be frikin awesome, as the HD engine made everything play VERY well, like the original ss and sstne. I think that is much more important than having it in the new engine, or bfe engine, or the latest greatest engine that looks the best. That HD engine embodied the feel of Serious Sam so much more than anything that came after, that its not even funny. I would take ss4 on the HD feeling engine over ss4 on a super great 4k omled hdr engine, that gets the 'feel' of ss wrong but looks fantastic. (I hope the devs get what I mean by this. The HD's FELT like ss. EVERYTHING was spot on feeling, except maybe the jumping. It just 'felt' like ss).
Old 05-06-2018, 09:35 AM   #110   Add To Ignore List  

Quote:
Did George Lucas buy Croteam or something ? Just leave the old games alone and move on.
Old 05-06-2018, 12:12 PM   #111   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

IMO Back in 2009/2010 CT should released "Serious Sam HD" as one, whole, connected and completed game. And since then to keep the engine updated.
Old 05-06-2018, 12:27 PM   #112   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

Quote:
Why would they do that when the old games sans 2 have already been ported to Fusion? I highly doubt that they would see a return of investment in doing something like that. Therefore I don't believe you.
Old 05-07-2018, 09:56 AM   #113   Add To Ignore List  
CNT
Albino Cyclops

Am I missing something? Is next SS game going to be 16-bit game? Why wouldn't the the next and ever all SS games be in HD? What's different to worry if the games will or not be in HD (as in High Definition)? Is the concern about people still trying to keep running 486 PCs? Like other post said, leave the older SS games alone and move on (invest more time) with newer games. Once again, the next SS would have been out already if it wasn't for The Talos Principle (although it may was meant to be a test engine to make new SS more productive).

Turn the knob to HD and leave it there!
Old 05-07-2018, 11:23 AM   #114   Add To Ignore List  
(⌐■_■)

Add cover mechanic, reload to all weapons, can carry 2 - 3 weapons only, all enemies have hit scan, character progression, weapons upgrades, side quests, Serious Sam with black skin because racism, no blood because that would be too brutal for people, microtransactions (save games, new game +, weapons skin and mods, cards that would boost player and weapons), scripted sequences and parkour.

Boom this is how you kill good old school game!
Old 05-08-2018, 11:51 AM   #115   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNT View Post
Am I missing something? Is next SS game going to be 16-bit game? Why wouldn't the the next and ever all SS games be in HD? What's different to worry if the games will or not be in HD (as in High Definition)? Is the concern about people still trying to keep running ...
No, we are talking about the engine.
The Serious Sam HD engine was awesome. It felt just like the old Serious Sam games.
The BFE engine, on the other hand, felt nothing like Serious Sam (I know that gameplay comes into it also, but the engine was just terrible, what with having 30 different frame layers just to get 1 frame in-game, kind of like photoshop and having tons of layers, 1 for background, 1 for back light, 1 for background enemies, 1 for background enemie lighting, 1 for background shadows, so on and so forth, with at least 3-4 for just dumb dust particles it felt like).
Trying to render all of that caused me to get very sic, as I could, and still can, see a lot of the layers in the game, and thats what seemsd to make me sic.
The HD engine, on the other hand, seemed to be made without all of the different layers, like the old school games they were based on (or, at least there were less layers, or better outout so my mind didnt see them).

Thats why I said I wouldnt mind 4 being on the old HD engine (I know it wont be, but it would probably be the best game since the HD's if it was, lol), because if its on the modified BFE engine, then I probably wont bother with it, because it will probably make me sic.
Also, the multi-layered mele animations in BFE made me SUPER sic. I couldnt, and stil cant, use the mele at all in the game, because it makes me instantly sic.
Its also why I wanted to be in on the alpha/beta, to make sure they realize this kind of stuff affects LOTS of users and that if they have someone who is like me and sensitive to these kinds of things, they can nip it in the bud and ship without these problems.
But, they wont.
They will ship it no matter if it makes people sic or not.
Old 05-08-2018, 11:57 AM   #116   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

The engines of Serious Sam never made me feel sick. I still think they hold up after all these years.
Old 05-08-2018, 04:35 PM   #117   Add To Ignore List  
CNT
Albino Cyclops

I see... kinda like some people are sensitive to fluorescent lights. So, it's the High Definition Engine, not the 1080p High Definition screen resolution. Example: swinging light dots when looking back and forth at the sun. HD Engine means better FPS (Frames Per Second), I just assume needing the latest fastest CPU makes it look/run better. I just never paid attention to the details of the Engine, nor the sounds thereof (I am Deaf, and sometimes games doesn't have subtitles, they better keep subtitles FOR ME!), or even tried any mods... I just play it.

Like this?
YouTube Video: Serious Sam HD
Old 05-08-2018, 06:09 PM   #118   Add To Ignore List  
(⌐■_■)

^ This mod is bad. I mean I would love Croteam for more enemy types, but not like this.
Old 05-08-2018, 10:39 PM   #119   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

That reminds me of that enemy from SS2 originally (the ogre like one) on the preview image (whatever that enemy was called i forgot the one on the MDigbo missions ).. But I also like the idea of that blue demon as well And YES I do like it as well that video (great one!) especially the new kinds of enemies (especially the Zorgs) as well although they have different weapons. Pretty nice video though..!
Old 05-09-2018, 06:34 AM   #120   Add To Ignore List  
(⌐■_■)

For me it hurts that enemy types have different colors only (and weapons). The only enemy I would accept in Serious Sam is that biomech with parts of reptiloid, because it looks cool.