Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam Console Editions

Serious Sam Console Editions The place to find all you ever wanted to know about the console releases of Serious Sam!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-03-2012, 09:06 AM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

Default Serious Sam Next Encounter best game ?

am i talking for myself if i say i think Next Encounter is the best Serious Sam game of all (I'm not including SS3, never played it so i won't judge it)

Serious Sam FE was pretty cool, nice enemies,but became boring after a few levels. at some point you already seen all enemies and the egyptian design becomes boring and all over the same. Comparing this to Next Encounter, i would choose the last one.

Serious Sam SE was better dan FE in my opinion, more weapons, enemies and especially more variation in level design. The bosses were also cool, but i still think the Next Encounter has more variations. That makes Next Encounter still better in my opinion

Serious Sam 2, well, this game was not populair. It was still cool sometimes and got some (not many) cool enemies (Albino, T-mech) NE is still better.

Next Encounter was whole different, it had classic AND new enemies (new ones were cool, like the dragons). I liked the Ancient Rome part, and also the three bosses were kickass. The enemies in the last world (Atlantis) made the game complete. I always had the feeling SS NE was SS2, instead of SS2.

I'm glad there will be a HD remake by the Russian SS Society, can't wait to play since i lost my Gamecube version
Old 06-03-2012, 09:16 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Default Re: Serious Sam Next Encounter best game ?

I wouldn't call it the best game, it had many obvious flaws. However it had just SO MANY really really AWESOME ideas that should be inherited by the other games, it is incredible. The levels are kinda bland, but the settings are cool, and there are a lot of cool ideas. Also the last episode, it's one of the best locations in any SS game. Tower of Confusion - one of the best levels in the SS series. It is not the best game, but it is near the top definitely.

SS1/SSHD is the best imo, because I count both TFE and TSE as one; if I do that, then some of your - quite valid - points become moot.

But yeah, NE is a very good game, it has its flaws, some because of the limitations of the console, but it also had very good ideas, Atlantis and the Alternative Ammo being my favorites.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:06 PM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

However it was the best game or not, i think we're both share the same opinion about this game. I think it's also a 'forgotten' episode in the SS Series, sadly. The 4 Enemies from Atlantis (Atlantis warrior, killermani rider, the scorpion and spider) were one of the best enemies of all, and if i remember, there was a kickass atlantis level which could teleport you to egypt, asia and ancient rome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
I wouldn't call it the best game, it had many obvious flaws. However it had just SO MANY really really AWESOME ideas that should be inherited by the other games, it is incredible. The levels are kinda bland, but the settings are cool, and there are a lot of cool ideas. Also the last episode, it's one of the best locations in any SS game. Tower of Confusion - one of the best levels in the SS series. It is not the best game, but it is near the top definitely.

SS1/SSHD is the best imo, because I count both TFE and TSE as one; if I do that, then some of your - quite valid - points become moot.

But yeah, NE is a very good game, it has its flaws, some because of the limitations of the console, but it also had very good ideas, Atlantis and the Alternative Ammo being my favorites.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:03 PM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Hey ladies

Glowing Red Stove Top

Fiendian is offline Send a message via ICQ to Fiendian Send a message via MSN to Fiendian

The biggest flaw about NE is that it isn't available for the PC.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:12 PM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Serious Sam Next Encounter is VERY hard !
Old 06-04-2012, 08:09 AM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

I also remember Next Encounter having more levels than FE/SE ?
Old 06-04-2012, 08:22 AM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Next Encounter has 32 Normal Levels and 11 Lost levels, 43 in total, though most of them are shorter than the ones in SS1, due to memory.

Complete SS1, PC version has 27 levels. With the SSHD DLC, it has 30 levels.

The Xbox version of SS1, that has both TFE and TSE in a single game, also had some levels split up, due to the same memory restrictions as Next Encounter. The Xbox version of SS1 has 36 levels.

For comparison purposes, SS2 has 42 levels.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.