Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam HD > Serious Sam HD Workshop

Serious Sam HD Workshop The official forum for Serious Sam: HD projects, be it maps, mods, or something else.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-11-2014, 03:18 AM   #121   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

Default Re: [PROJECT]Serious Sam HD: Extended - Open Beta Testing (Open Beta 2 is OUT!)

Can someone make a secrets guide for this second beta??? If there's another update of this extended version, just add only the new secrets???... You can help me for Serious Sam 3 Extended and Serious Sam HD Extended new secrets if someone want to...

Last edited by Nevermore2790; 04-11-2014 at 03:43 AM.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:40 AM   #122   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Default Re: [PROJECT]Serious Sam HD: Extended - Open Beta Testing (Open Beta 2 is OUT!)

The project is not even done yet. Who knows, I might change a few secrets.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:27 AM   #123   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
The project is not even done yet. Who knows, I might change a few secrets.
That's why the secret guide also needs to be updated when the project has been updated... I also noticed a framerate drop in Clerical Wards (in the yard to your left from the start). It most likely happen when you are in the pond with a bridge, and you are facing the starting courtyard. Also, are you planning to add those Storm Elemental, Earth Elemental and most of your enemies from your new Enemy pack (the enemy pack we are using that includes new enemies from the Forgotten City)???

I also have a suggestion for Clerical Wards... Could you remove that ramp leading to the other side in the Holy Spirits part of the level (the ramp that connects to the area that requires 4 keys). It's because if the ramp is there, there are two ways to get to the same area...

So how's the progress of your Extended Project???

Last edited by Nevermore2790; 04-11-2014 at 09:00 AM.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:52 AM   #124   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Yeah, I know about that framerate drop, been trying to fix it for so long, without success...

For the enemies, you'll have to wait and see.

As for the ramp... no I won't remove the ramp. I added it BECAUSE I wanted a second way to get to the area. The Holy Spirits part was designed to be a more freeroam area where you can decide yourself which order you'll get the keys. There are actually three ways to get there and I originally planned adding a fourth one, but it didn't work out.

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:03 PM   #125   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

I think there is a bug (or I just screw it all up) on Clerical Wards (on the Holy Spirits part) in which you need to find 4 keys. I collected the ankhs. However, I only need 1 more ankh key. I forgot where it is, or I think I collected all of the ankhs, but only 3 ankhs were a success and 1 disappeared (I tried going near that keylock, but no key inserted). Yes, I collected all of 4 ankhs because I scoured the area. It would be best if we can only pick 1 ankh at a time. 1 on that side temple to the left of the start (that has a 2nd floor), 1 replacing the Double Barreled Shotgun, 1 on that area where secrets 4 and 5 of Holy Spirits is and 1 on the graveyard area.

Last edited by Nevermore2790; 04-11-2014 at 12:24 PM.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:06 PM   #126   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

I think I also have a suggestion for TSE. If it's possible, it would be best if the Spaceship where Sam is, the Spaceship's movement is so fast (speed of light) that it sent them centuries or millenium later. Then, crashed on Palenque...... The Timelock in Teotihuacan instead of sending him further in time, he was sent back in time to the Persian era....... just my idea. And then, the choice now belong to you.

Last edited by Nevermore2790; 04-11-2014 at 12:09 PM.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:34 PM   #127   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore2790 View Post
I think there is a bug (or I just screw it all up) on Clerical Wards (on the Holy Spirits part) in which you need to find 4 keys. I collected the ankhs. However, I only need 1 more ankh key. I forgot where it is, or I think I collected all of the ankhs, but only 3 ankhs were a success and 1 disappeared (I tried going near that keylock, but no key inserted). Yes, I collected all of 4 ankhs because I scoured the area. It would be best if we can only pick 1 ankh at a time. 1 on that side temple to the left of the start (that has a 2nd floor), 1 replacing the Double Barreled Shotgun, 1 on that area where secrets 4 and 5 of Holy Spirits is and 1 on the graveyard area.
One of them disappeared? That's weird... The only one that have a chance of not working is the one that replaces the double shotgun but I never experienced a bug with that. Will check.

Quote:
I think I also have a suggestion for TSE. If it's possible, it would be best if the Spaceship where Sam is, the Spaceship's movement is so fast (speed of light) that it sent them centuries or millenium later. Then, crashed on Palenque...... The Timelock in Teotihuacan instead of sending him further in time, he was sent back in time to the Persian era....... just my idea. And then, the choice now belong to you.
Persia (or its new internal name, Babylonia) episode will take place before the Mesoamerican episode, this was already planned out.

Old 04-11-2014, 07:59 PM   #128   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

I posted a while ago when you are not online. I post that are you going to return that SpaceshipEngine.wav (located in Sounds/Cutscenes/Spaceship in the .gro files) sound for the Spaceship in The Great Pyramid since the Spaceship is very quiet? Also, that Bridge (Bridge.ogg - located in Music/Cutscenes folder in the .gro files) music that is playing in the Classics when you have the Fire Element in Valley of the Kings?

Last edited by Nevermore2790; 04-11-2014 at 08:04 PM.
Old 04-12-2014, 03:26 AM   #129   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Umm, this is a forum. It doesn't matter if you post when I'm offline or not, I'm gonna read it. And yes, I did read it and will change them if necessary.

Old 04-12-2014, 08:46 PM   #130   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

Quote:
Umm, this is a forum. It doesn't matter if you post when I'm offline or not, I'm gonna read it. And yes, I did read it and will change them if necessary.
Just update when the SpaceshipEngine.wav and Bridge.ogg is a success for the next version....
Old 04-13-2014, 03:30 AM   #131   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Bridge.ogg will be possibly used. The Great Pyramid level won't appear in the next Open Beta I'm planning (which will be most likely the last, as I don't want to spoil everything in public betas until release).

Old 04-13-2014, 09:50 AM   #132   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

Quote:
Bridge.ogg will be possibly used. The Great Pyramid level won't appear in the next Open Beta I'm planning (which will be most likely the last, as I don't want to spoil everything in public betas until release).
Okay then, I still hope you'll return that sound. Still doing The Second Encounter Extended?? It would be best to do it once the final version of The First Encounter Extended is finished?? I think TSE Extended will be a little shorter than TFE Extended due to the levels being large.

Any ideas for the MenuLevel (FlyOver)??? Are you going to use TFE's or something unique from scratch??
Old 04-13-2014, 10:32 AM   #133   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

There'll be a TSE Extended of course, and it will be huge the same.

But only after TFEX is done.

Yes, there will be custom MenuLevel, but I leave that for the end.

Old 04-14-2014, 12:54 AM   #134   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

In Alley of the Sphinxes, Sam should say "Look at the size of that thing!" before he picks up the Cannon. After he picks up the Cannon, he should say "Owned!" Just like the default....
Old 04-14-2014, 03:15 AM   #135   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

Okay, I have no idea (I feel like giving up) where the secret you were talking about that is located somewhere in the beginning and that switch that will lower that +100 health with pills in The Sacred Lake...... Any ideas where those things are?????
Old 04-14-2014, 03:30 AM   #136   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Quote:
In Alley of the Sphinxes, Sam should say "Look at the size of that thing!" before he picks up the Cannon. After he picks up the Cannon, he should say "Owned!" Just like the default....
He still says "Look at the size of that thing!", because I haven't changed that. Dunno about Owned, haven't played the original for a while.

Quote:
Okay, I have no idea (I feel like giving up) where the secret you were talking about that is located somewhere in the beginning and that switch that will lower that +100 health with pills in The Sacred Lake...... Any ideas where those things are?????
First room. In the lake, on the wall.

Old 04-14-2014, 03:47 AM   #137   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

Quote:
He still says "Look at the size of that thing!", because I haven't changed that. Dunno about Owned, haven't played the original for a while.

First room. In the lake, on the wall.
Can't understand that..... please specify Okay I already get that hard to find secret in the beginning. It's that freaking crate pyramid from Sacred Yards again!!!

Last edited by Nevermore2790; 04-14-2014 at 03:57 AM.
Old 04-14-2014, 03:58 AM   #138   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Those are the two secrets. I can't help you more, I already said too much. I'll make sure to change their positions in the next patch.

Old 04-15-2014, 01:16 AM   #139   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

Are there any plans on fixing Ugh-Zan's walking animation in game?? I mean Ugh-Zan now walks moving his hands just like in the Classsics and in the NETRICSA description of him.... Also, when he got shot by the Spaceship's Beam, Ugh-Zan should have a pain sound on it... In HD, he seems quiet when he got shot by the beam of the Spaceship..... Are you planning for him to have 2 roar sounds just like in the Classic??
Old 04-15-2014, 02:33 AM   #140   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Dunno. Also, what is wrong with the walking animation being the same as the classics?

Old 04-15-2014, 08:20 AM   #141   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

Quote:
Dunno. Also, what is wrong with the walking animation being the same as the classics?
Ugh-Zan uses a T-pose while walking while his NETRICSA description in HD doesn't (just like in the Classics)..
Old 04-15-2014, 12:55 PM   #142   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

A t-pose? What?

Old 04-15-2014, 08:27 PM   #143   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

Play The Great Pyramid level or watch a video of it in Serious Sam HD.... Ugh-Zan walks without moving his arms.... He's walking in a T-Pose mode, but in NETRICSA, he's walking animation is fixed.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:32 AM   #144   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Hmm, I looked it up. It's actually a similar kind of "non-bug" that's currently plaguing my Khnum-Lite enemy, which is that for some reason, the model plays the run animation instead of the walking animation, due to the speed of the enemy. I don't know if this can be fixed (btw the run animation is not in T-pose, the t-pose of the model is different, with the arms lowered), but I'll look into it.

By the way

I have been thinking, and I think the development of SSHDX is getting a little out of hand, due to other obligations and projects. I think I need a more tighter schedule, so I'm thinking about polishing Episode 1 to shining, then creating the intro for it and everything, THEN, I'd release that on the workshop, so people at least have something to play that's mostly finalized. Then, I'd work on the rest of the episodes and slowly releasing them as well.

After all, Episode 1 is content complete and only needs polishing.

But we will see if I decide doing this. What do you think, everyone?

Old 04-16-2014, 08:07 AM   #145   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

Quote:
Hmm, I looked it up. It's actually a similar kind of "non-bug" that's currently plaguing my Khnum-Lite enemy, which is that for some reason, the model plays the run animation instead of the walking animation, due to the speed of the enemy. I don't know if this can be fixed (btw the run animation is not in T-pose, the t-pose of the model is different, with the arms lowered), but I'll look into it.
So, you already noticed Ugh-Zan's walking animation right??? Just like it bugged your Khnum Prime (Lite)......?? :|

Any way, about the development, it would be best to start double timing so TFE Ex will be finished sooner in a fast way..... do not forget most of our suggestions and recommendations especially that return of the Bridge music on Valley of the Kings and the Spaceship sound on The Great Pyramid. Looks like I'm going to delete the Extended Content again when there's another update.... hmmm... looks like it's another moment to be patient again.... would be best to polish both Episode 1 and 2 (and add those levels like the Common's District and Hatshepsut Revisited) so you can now start on the Great Pyramid....

ANOTHER (OPTIONAL) SUGGESTION:
- It would be best if you make Alley of the Sphinxes set in the sunset just like in the classic then the next levels will be in the night. Finally, in Karnak, it will be set in the morning just like the default HD version of the level... Does Amon Complex's skybox fine..... it looks like it's still dark after the sunrise...... (yeah the sky it used is the same as The Grand Cathedral)???

Last edited by Nevermore2790; 04-16-2014 at 08:14 AM.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:44 PM   #146   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Double timing is not possible due to IRL stuff. I'm a busy person, so it cannot be really finished sooner than it can be.

Also, I won't start of the Great Pyramid for quite a while, there's a lot of maps before that one.

Alley will be at night, as the intro cutscene of the second episode will show it at sunset. The night will then progress, the levels showing the moon going across the sky. Amon Complex is still at morning, just like First Pylons and Underbelly (the level preceding First Pylons).

Old 04-17-2014, 01:07 AM   #147   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

It would be best most likely in TSE, make use of Serious Sam XBox musics as well. For example: The City of the Gods - when the player makes his/her way inside the underground part of the level, the music will change to Inner Sanctum's music than using The City of the Gods music. Same goes to Ziggurat, when the player makes his way to the Gates (the one with two gems to be touched to open the door). No need to change the music in the last level anyway since it fits better... Or, a level using Serious Sam XBox's music.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:34 AM   #148   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

SSXbox music will be used for completely new levels, with the exception of Palenque3; that will be used on Valley of the Jaguar, like in SSXbox (since in the original and in SSHD, the level uses the same music as Sierra de chiapas.)

Last edited by Solais; 04-17-2014 at 03:36 AM.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:07 AM   #149   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

Quote:
SSXbox music will be used for completely new levels, with the exception of Palenque3; that will be used on Valley of the Jaguar, like in SSXbox (since in the original and in SSHD, the level uses the same music as Sierra de chiapas.)
It would be best if you will use Temple of Gilgamesh and Gates of Persepolis musics as well. They are one of the best Serious Sam 1 musics. Also, what will be the music of Valley of the Jaguar when you are inside??? Palenque2 or still the same music or the original music??? Add that ValleyCam music just like in Serious Sam XBox when you are already outside for the first time in the level... It fits on that scene...

Last edited by Nevermore2790; 04-17-2014 at 06:10 AM.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:38 AM   #150   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

Once you get to the last level (The Grand Cathedral), make the level a classic feeling. Powerful meteors, sunbeams in front of you and finally the Cathedral using its Classic layout. I like the Classic layout of the Cathedral better..