Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam HD > Serious Sam HD Workshop

Serious Sam HD Workshop The official forum for Serious Sam: HD projects, be it maps, mods, or something else.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-19-2014, 08:41 AM   #151   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

Default Re: [PROJECT]Serious Sam HD: Extended - Open Beta Testing (Open Beta 2 is OUT!)

Read my previous 2 posts before you read this....

I have an idea for your levels in Serious Sam HD Extended. So far, only the first 2 episodes will be here. Episodes 3 - 6 will be soon (once you already start it).

HERE ARE THE LEVELS:
1.) Hatshepsut
2.) Sand Canyon
3.) Tomb of Ramses III
4.) Valley of the Kings
5.) Moon Mountains (Secret Level)
6.) Oasis
7.) Dry Valley
8.) Dunes
9.) Memphis - Suburbs
10.) Memphis - Sewers
11.) City of Memphis - Metropolis
12.) Metropolis - Inside Temple of Ptah
13.) New Kingdom - Clerical Wards
14.) New Kingdom - The Grand Obelisk
15.) Alley of the Sphinxes - Approaching Thebes
16.) Thebes - Common's District
17.) Hatshepsut (Revisited)
18.) Underbelly
19.) Thebes - Karnak
20.) Thebes - Amon Complex
21.) Sacred Yards (Secret Level)
22.) Thebes - The Sacred Lake
23.) Thebes - Main Temple of Amon-Ra
24.) Thebes - Precinct of Mut
25.) ???????? (You are on your own about this unknown level between them)
26.) Thebes - Luxor
27.) Luxor Temple
28.) Along the Nile - Abydos
29.) Along the Nile - Lower Egypt
30.) The Great Pyramid

Are there levels here in the selection that needed to be removed, or are there any levels in between the levels I posted??? Feel free to remove the levels in this list... P.S: What's the best level for a level where the player leaves Karnak and enters Luxor?? The level must consist that alley from "The Dark Bride" from Serious Sam 3. It would be best to return the "City of Memphis" in Metropolis instead of Memphis only. Change Great to Grand in the level after Clerical Wards (the level name is already there). Also, why is the setting now is in 1100 B.C?? Back then it was 1378 B.C. In Serious Sam 3, Sam said he'll see Mental in 3000 B.C??? That's very weird...... Also, change Dayr el-Bahri to Deir el-Bahri to fit with the Serious Sam 3's spelling and real life spelling (I hope so).... Another one thing, why is the level Hatshepsut in the level stats uses the Welcome to NETRICSA as a background image instead of the Hatshepsut Temple in the background, and you can use the skybox in the Grand Obelisk Enhanced from your Grand Obelisk level?? One final thing, It would be best in Metropolis onwards, the New Kingdom levels should be very far away since they are in the other side of Memphis.... I think that's all for now....

A TRIVIA:
Do you know (I just knew this) that Karnak is the most unique level in all of the Serious Sam games which takes place in Egypt......

Last edited by Nevermore2790; 04-19-2014 at 10:04 AM.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:25 AM   #152   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

Default Re: [PROJECT]Serious Sam HD: Extended - Open Beta Testing (Open Beta 2 is OUT!)

You certainly have a lot to say about this mod.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:25 PM   #153   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Let's just say "No" to that entire post.

How the project goes, the levels, story whatnot have been decided for a long time now, and I won't change it to your likings.

There won't be a level between Karnak and Luxor, since it would be basically Common's District and Alley of the Sphinxes backwards. There won't be the alley from SS3 there between the two, because that's historically and geographically incorrect. SS3 is full of geographical problems, unlike SS1/HD, which at least TRIES to use specific geographical stuff; in the Egypt campaign, at least (like the shape of Karnak and its layout).

The 3000 BC thing in SS3 is used because A) it sounds better B) Sam doesn't actually know where he is going, but it sounds cool.
For SSHDX, I changed the setting to 1100 BC, since that's the closest date where all the locations Sam visits have been somewhat in existence. The original date for example was before the reign of Ramses III, so it would be strange to be in his tomb.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:06 PM   #154   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

It's fine....... Hmmm...... I just hope it can help..... Anyway (I posted it again so you can think of it), what do you think will be the inside parts of Valley of the Jaguar?? Are you going to use Palenque2 to it because I think Palenque3 fits for the outside parts?? And finally that ValleyCam which plays in a cutscene when you found the valley.

Last edited by Nevermore2790; 04-19-2014 at 08:32 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:52 AM   #155   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

Can you still change the Est. Time for some levels?? Some levels are impossible to beat under the Est. Time (most likely Dry Valley, Temple of Ptah and Clerical Wards)...
Old 04-22-2014, 02:04 AM   #156   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Since I never really set an Est. Time for them, then of course they are unbeatable. I completely forgot about them, thanks for reminding me.

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:48 AM   #157   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

It would be best as well to use some skybox Croteam used in Serious Sam 3 as well for this project.. Sometimes I don't know why for me is annoying to use the same skyboxes in Serious Sam HD too much... If and only if I know how to make my own skybox.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:19 AM   #158   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Well, most skyboxes in SS3 are the same as the ones in SSHD.

Old 04-22-2014, 09:33 AM   #159   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
Well, most skyboxes in SS3 are the same as the ones in SSHD.
You can use HDR_Stormy01 (The Guardian of Time), HDR_Stormy02 (The Power of the Underworld), and that skybox from the early version of The Dark Bride if you really want. I think HDR_ClearBlueSky01 (The Lost Temples of Nubia) can be used as well in your upcoming levels...

Best to use HDR_ClearBlueSky02 (Alley of the Sphinxes, The Grand Obelisk, Broken Wings, No Place to Hide, Under the Iron Cloud, The Silent Riddler, Unearthing the Sun, The Dark Bride and Born Again) in Dry Valley than using HDR_Cloudy09 (Suburbs, Karnak Demo, Sierra de Chiapas, Palenque Demo, Valley of the Jaguar, The Elephant Atrium and Summer in Cairo).

P.S: I hope someone will help me make my own custom skyboxes in case you want it, but I still need training - more training. I really need an easy tool to create it for Serious Sam HD and Serious Sam 3??

Last edited by Nevermore2790; 04-22-2014 at 09:46 AM.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:59 AM   #160   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

You basically need to do 5-6 images (the 6th one for the bottom is optional), tga files that somehow fit together. Then named the same way as the official ones named, based on which direction to one image refers to; so like, the sky on the north is X, then X should be named Background_N.tga, then converted to tex using the editor.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:01 AM   #161   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

Quote:
You basically need to do 5-6 images (the 6th one for the bottom is optional), tga files that somehow fit together. Then named the same way as the official ones named, based on which direction to one image refers to; so like, the sky on the north is X, then X should be named Background_N.tga, then converted to tex using the editor.
What tool should I use (an easy tool)??
Old 04-22-2014, 11:06 AM   #162   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

What tool? I dunno what tool people use to create backgrounds. I'd think that they take photos of skies with a special 360 camera and then cut the image up with photoshop or something.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:53 AM   #163   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

Quote:
What tool? I dunno what tool people use to create backgrounds. I'd think that they take photos of skies with a special 360 camera and then cut the image up with photoshop or something.
Oh man, looks like it's less possible to make a custom skybox from scratch in Serious Sam HD and Serious Sam 3... even if this is an unrelated part of the thread along with the things we've posted..... By the way, does the skybox from the Classic Games works in HD?? If it works, I can use that tool they made in the Classic Games then do something...

FYI: I really don't know where the 13th Lore Tablet is placed. I'm sure it's in Clerical Wards...

Can you also have a death sound for the Khnums? They have no death sound. You can use the Serious Sam 3 one....

Last edited by Solais; 04-24-2014 at 12:28 PM.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:28 PM   #164   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Please don't multipost. If you want to say something new, and there was no post since then, just edit the last one. Merging your last three.

Death sound cannot be added due to lack of edit data to edit the animations.

Old 04-24-2014, 03:36 PM   #165   Add To Ignore List  
Lurker

You can always reanimate them by yourself Solais
Old 04-24-2014, 04:22 PM   #166   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Not something I can do.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:10 PM   #167   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

Can you move that original secret area in Alley of the Sphinxes? It seems that it's in a "sun-kill" area. AND, place a wall on those buildings as if it is part of Thebes itself.

About the Khnums, you can ask for help if there are any good people who can do it...
Old 04-26-2014, 05:32 AM   #168   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

It's in a sun kill area, yes. Like in the original.

Those background buildings are part of Thebes, as the Alley of the Sphinxes IRL is actually in the middle of Thebes, not the road to the city. It's a road between the Karnak Temple Complex and Luxor Temple.

Won't ask help about the khnum.

Old 04-26-2014, 09:40 AM   #169   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

Quote:
It's in a sun kill area, yes. Like in the original.

Those background buildings are part of Thebes, as the Alley of the Sphinxes IRL is actually in the middle of Thebes, not the road to the city. It's a road between the Karnak Temple Complex and Luxor Temple.

Won't ask help about the khnum.
Can you make that secret area just like in the default HD. I find it both in Classic and in HD that the area is just near the sun-kill area (In default, you can get there without being hurt). Well, that concludes the Khnum issue. I hope you can just fix their walk animations as well as Ugh-Zan. Also, I noticed that sometimes Khnums move in a straight direction when killed. Anyway, how much progress done? Do you want to bring back the classic sound of the Serious Speed powerup when Sam picks it up instead of it using the Serious Jump sound?

Last edited by Nevermore2790; 04-26-2014 at 10:23 AM.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:12 AM   #170   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Haven't worked on SSHDX for the last two months due to being busy IRL and helping out the NEHD team for probably the last time (at least, being this involved with the project, I'll still guide them). It's really irritating me, that I wanted to finish the TFE part this June, and now, I don't think I'll be finished with the Episode 1 polish even; especially considering the stuff that will soon come up IRL. Hopefully I'll be able to finish things up this summer, even though I wanted to work on SS3X during that time.

Old 04-27-2014, 12:03 AM   #171   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

Are you planning to change Karnak's background image in NETRICSA?

Using the Classic-like Background:

http://i.imgur.com/fiOmQ8Y.jpg

I made one in HD, but I can't remove the Cheat HUD:

http://i.imgur.com/hfrfe8C.jpg

instead of using that Ankh Pool background....

Taking a screenshot really annoys me sometimes because I noticed that Obelisks in Serious Sam HD are more taller than their Classic counterparts.. (It's quite unnoticeable)

Another "things" if it suites you:
- I may help you get cool background pictures if you and I want, but everything is in your hands.
- Add more buildings in the Karnak levels most likely the First Pylons just like in the XBox version in which there are more pylons, obelisks and buildings.
-BTW: What are your 5 levels planned before The First Pylons?? Also, make the Minigun and the Laser appear earlier (most likely in between those 5 levels before First Pylons) instead of the Minigun appearing in Amon Complex and the Laser in the Main Temple due to how long those 5 levels between the First Pylons have.. Put that "Night has caught us, but there is no time to sleep...bla...bla..bla" somewhere. I think in Alley of the Sphinxes (since the level is in night) or Common's District or just never put it there. Better change that First Pylons from Morning has caught us, but there is no time to sleep bla....bla...bla.... into Morning has caught us, with night over, bla....bla...bla.... I think?? Finally, are those buildings that are inaccessible will be accessible in the early levels before the First Pylons?? You can see those as well in the same level and most likely acting as decorations..

A tip:
Finish first all the Episode 2 levels first before polishing all the levels.. It will make your job a little bit easier.

Last edited by Nevermore2790; 04-27-2014 at 02:19 AM.
Old 04-27-2014, 05:47 AM   #172   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Will see.

Old 04-27-2014, 06:03 AM   #173   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

Quote:
Will see.
So, how's the picture tell you?
Old 04-27-2014, 06:37 AM   #174   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

I won't change the current picture in SSHD.

Old 04-27-2014, 07:14 AM   #175   Add To Ignore List  
Lurker

You know Solais, looking at those pictures Nevermore posted, I actually will encourage you in saying, maybe you should make all night levels like in SSC, a blue-ish night with several flares and those galaxy textures you see in the intro, I think they'd give a nice detail to the nights.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:09 AM   #176   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

They are blue-ish nights, like Alley of the Sphinxes. I don't want to use the galaxy textures, because the Great Pyramid level uses those, and I want that level to have a unique background.

Old 04-27-2014, 09:43 AM   #177   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

Quote:
They are blue-ish nights, like Alley of the Sphinxes. I don't want to use the galaxy textures, because the Great Pyramid level uses those, and I want that level to have a unique background.
Why not make those "things" transparent?? As if it can't be seen. Anyway, Serious Sam HD doesn't even have a "default" night skybox. They just used those day or sunset skybox and then darken them up just like the skybox in The Pit. That level uses the same skybox from Holy Spirits. If only there's a way to make custom skybox?? Try test those Classic skyboxes in a test map and see if it works in Serious Sam HD or 3. If it works, maybe I can use a tool they used to make a new skybox and it includes night skies. However, I really need to train myself how to make a skybox. If all else fails, I guess it all depends on you now.

Anyway, where does Hatshepsut revisited will start and will end? What will be the level before this and after this level?? Sometimes the "will see" doesn't help if it is too much.....

BTW - The Great Pyramid only uses one galaxy texture and it is that Milky Way texture.....

Can anyone tell me about that skybox change trigger that was present in the Classics but not in HD (e.g. The Great Pyramid was in sunset then later on it is now night in the Classics, but in HD, it remains night for the entire level up to the final fight. AND, Land of the Damned in which when the player enters the Lava Caves, the skybox changes to the skybox used in the final area with the Ice Castle)?? So far the only thing that works are those Stormy skyboxes...

One last thing - I kinda like that background picture I posted in my opinion better than the default one. I mean every background picture of the levels in Serious Sam HD are almost identical to their Classic counterparts with the exception of Karnak.... I don't know why it's always Karnak..... You should maybe change the background picture of the Sacred Lake during the polishing time. It would be best if the "camera" is really facing the lake and it can be seen (it's really optional if you want).

During polishing time, it would be best if the ObeliskExtended music is synchronized. Maybe, you can extend the middle part of the music (0:09 - 0:25 no need to extend the end part of the music - put it to default).
Maybe do the style of this picture:

http://i.imgur.com/jvh2RHo.jpg?1

For the Rising Obelisk background instead of an edited version of the HD default one.

It would be best to answer all of these questions or suggestions I posted so you can make a choice and we already have an idea for everything... Thank you Just don't really hurt me

Last edited by Nevermore2790; 04-30-2014 at 09:18 PM.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:21 PM   #178   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

(This one is different from that last post because it's not related)

Seriously, I don't know where's the switch that lowers secret 3. I felt giving up already. I'm already in that giant lake and I can't find anything.. SERIOUSLY!! HELP ME!!

Just give me a tip on that part....

LEVEL: The Sacred Lake
Old 05-02-2014, 05:29 AM   #179   Add To Ignore List  
Lurker

Oh boy....
Old 05-02-2014, 05:30 AM   #180   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

No.