Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam 2

Serious Sam 2 Discuss anything and everything about Serious Sam 2, the official sequel to SS:FE and SS:SE.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-08-2009, 08:02 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
neb
Gnaar

Default I have a couple of questions (new to ss)

Hi, i'm new to serious sam, my first serious game was the ps2 serious sam and i thought it was awesome. Now, i just got a copy of serious sam 2 from my friend. So i installed it, patched it, and starting playing. But theres a couple of problems i have that need fixing.

Number 1: How do i disable auto-aim? I hate that quick screen lag whenever you move your mouse over an enemy because of the auto-aim, but i can't find the option to disable it.

Number 2: How to i get rid of the black bars on the top and bottom of the screen in widescreen mode? I have a 1440x900 monitor and I need to have it in widescreen. But the stupid black bars are just plain stupid and annoying, I have no idea what they were thinking when they put that in, but i want it disabled, it hurts my eyes.

Number 3: Why is the sound so muffled and low? I have an excellent sound card, and yet the sound is still low and very bad quality. Is it just the game?
Old 11-08-2009, 09:43 PM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Hey ladies

Glowing Red Stove Top

Fiendian is offline Send a message via ICQ to Fiendian Send a message via MSN to Fiendian
Default Re: I have a couple of questions (new to ss)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neb View Post
Number 2: How to i get rid of the black bars on the top and bottom of the screen in widescreen mode? I have a 1440x900 monitor and I need to have it in widescreen. But the stupid black bars are just plain stupid and annoying, I have no idea what they were thinking when they put that in, but i want it disabled, it hurts my eyes.
If aspect ratio and resolution do not match, you will get black bars or stretching (black bars is better in my opinion), Croteam can not bend the rules of mathematics bud. Anyway, open up the console in-game, or open up Sam2.ini in Serious Sam 2\Content\SeriousSam2 and type/find gfx_fAspectRatio (case sensitive), the correct number for your resolution is 1.6. So it should read like this; gfx_fAspectRatio = 1.6

Quote:
Number 3: Why is the sound so muffled and low? I have an excellent sound card, and yet the sound is still low and very bad quality. Is it just the game?
Sound effects are rather shoddy yes. But if you hear the music poorly as well then something is wrong.

Last edited by Fiendian; 11-08-2009 at 10:00 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:53 PM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Hey, Fiendian, does SS2 for PC have auto-aim? Because I don't remember PC version having auto-aim..

250% Pure Evil Purple (Psycho) Sandwich.

Thank you very ****ing much.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:57 PM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
neb
Gnaar

Thanks, I forgot about the aspect ratio. They didn't have the option for it in the menu.

Is there anyway to disable auto-aim?
Old 11-08-2009, 11:01 PM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Hey ladies

Glowing Red Stove Top

Fiendian is offline Send a message via ICQ to Fiendian Send a message via MSN to Fiendian

I don't remember auto-aim being present when I played SS2.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:40 AM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
neb
Gnaar

Well somtimes when i move my mouse really fast, or when im pointing at a certain area i get this thing thats sort of like an fps drop but it seems more like the game freezes on and off really fast. I can't exactly put my finger on it. I mean, i have a really good pc, but its doing this. I thought maybe because it might lock on to an enemy when im moving my crosshairs passed enemies but im not sure. It's like the mouse is skippy.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:03 AM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO

There's definitely no auto-aim in the game, I can confirm that. Unless you do get an fps drop whenever you point at an enemy (you can test by opening the console with the key under esc and typing "prf_bShowFPS=1" without quotes), I'd guess it's your mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neb
Have you went to the sound settings and checked if everything is okay there? E.g if the sound provider (or whatever ) is set to software emulation, you'll get poor sound. Set that to hardware and enable EAX if it's not enabled.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:47 AM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
Razardous

The Serious Spoon is offline Send a message via ICQ to The Serious Spoon

Auto aim was available as a cheat.

"And yet be reminded by the Gods that though cooperation is a friendly pursuit, friendly fire is righteous in its purging of the vile and corrupt. Let ye not be deserving of its wrath for the hoarding of power-ups."
Old 11-09-2009, 12:06 PM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
Hey ladies

Glowing Red Stove Top

Quote:
Well somtimes when i move my mouse really fast, or when im pointing at a certain area i get this thing thats sort of like an fps drop but it seems more like the game freezes on and off really fast. I can't exactly put my finger on it. I mean, i have a really good pc, but its doing this. I thought maybe because it might lock on to an enemy when im moving my crosshairs passed enemies but im not sure. It's like the mouse is skippy.
That sounds like mouse lag to me. It could also be the multi-core issue but I doubt that.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:36 PM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
#AltFurry

Valerie Valens is offline Send a message via AIM to Valerie Valens

Try turning off anti-aliasing and/or lowering bloom. You might see a slight improvement.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:15 PM   #11   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Auto aim=U
Old 12-11-2009, 01:23 AM   #12   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

I think I know what he is talking about.
It was much more prevalent when using the 'mounted' weapons (like that circular lazerblaster thingy that you sat in and shot) on my system. It kind of felt like a left over from the gamepad joystick to me. Like it was kind of cycling through the 90-45 degree's of the joystick (if that makes sense) when you tried to move fast.
It irritated me too.
But, SS HD does not have that (yippeeeeeeee).

Or, he could mean that he wants a fixed crosshair, like they did as an option in SS HS, instead of a roaming crosshair.