Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam Classic > Serious Sam Classic Workshop > Serious Sam Classic Mods

Serious Sam Classic Mods General mod discussion for Serious Sam 1 goes in this forum, also any tutorials/tutorial requests that have not been added to Serious Sam Wiki yet.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-14-2004, 11:33 AM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
PETN

Default Serious Armageddon

I stopped creating PD; 'cause I've been busy with other things and one of those things is been thinking about doing a mod. I was going to made two maps to release here "Cave of Suffering & PD" But I didn't finish 'em. So that's why I'll create this mod. It's a cooperative mod! It's the most biggest Coop mod ever for TSE. I know it will be released after SS2 is released. But I'm gonna do this mod for people, who has SSTSE, but don't like to buy SS2. If someone wants, he can help me. It has two new bosses (mental's new soldier and Mental itself). It's not the REAL battle, cause real battle is in Sirius in SS2 I think. It's like a warmup before the real battle. But here is the story:

Mentalís attacks have been stopped for a while. Thereíve been no attacks for a 5 months. Everyone thought that Mental was dead and they thanked Sam and sam lived his normal life.
Few days later Samís homecity was under attack by a huge monster (Da new bad monster) and a huge Mentalís army was attacking from the space. Thousands of soldiers was sent to attack to the planet, where the monsters came from. That planet was Pluto. General is listening radio message from the soldiers that have made it to the spacestation, that is in Pluto, but suddenly General heard screaming, explosions, gunfire, and alien sounds.
General: Whatís going on? Respond!
But it was totally quiet. Then another alien spaceship attacked and General send Sam to go there.
And Samís Adventure Starts!

It has over 13 new enemies, and it will take much time for me to create them all and the animations etc. But someone can help me if he wants!
But it has over 40 Levels!!
here's the list of levels:

1. Spaceship
2. SpaceStation Part 1
3. SpaceStation Part 2
4. The Well
5. Pompei City (Not sure if I spell it right)
6. Vesuvius
7. Castle
8. Tomb Of Tutankhamon
9. Babylonian City
10. Forest
11. Cave Of Suffering
12. Snow Mountains
13. The City
14. Mentalís Fortress Part 1
15. Mentalís Fortress Part 2
16. Mentalís Fortress Part 3
17. Unknown Spacestation
18. Tower Of Death
19. City Of Souls
20. Quiet City
21. Spacestation Of Mars
22. Planet Mars
23. Planet Neptunus
24. Planet Venus
25. Spacestation Of Venus
26. SpaceCity
27. Oblivion
28. Turbine
29. Space Ocean Station
30. Poison Station
31. Mentalís Laboratory
32. Mentalís Facility
33. Moon
34. Moon Base
35. Eye Of Mental
36. Gate To Heaven
37. Infinity Road Part 1
38. Infinity Road Part 2
39. Infinity Road Part 3
40. The Final Battle

Plus the Intro And Outro!
Btw you would think now, that is this only an adventure in space? Well actually not. There are some levels in space, like the first three levels. But Sam will travel once again in time.

Iím gonna create the World Bases and Models for every levels first so I can post some pics sooner!

Well. What do you say?
Old 09-14-2004, 11:43 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
blahblahblah

--Fragman-- is offline Send a message via ICQ to --Fragman-- Send a message via AIM to --Fragman-- Send a message via MSN to --Fragman--

I say that you have planned way to many levels and won't finish the mod with such high goals. Stick lower at the beginning, and maybe increase your targets if you see that you can do it.
Also, how much do you know about coding and modelling?
Because you will need that for such a project.

--------------------------
My Page!
Old 09-15-2004, 04:15 AM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Razardous

The Serious Spoon is offline Send a message via ICQ to The Serious Spoon

Like Fragman said, this is gonna be a HUGE project, however, it sounds very nice! If you finish it, I think I really will enjoy playing it . Oh, and one more thing: Do you really think there's someone who has SS:TSE and doesn't wan't to buy SS2??? I don't think so...

"And yet be reminded by the Gods that though cooperation is a friendly pursuit, friendly fire is righteous in its purging of the vile and corrupt. Let ye not be deserving of its wrath for the hoarding of power-ups."
Old 09-15-2004, 09:59 AM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Game like Hames

Blues Cowboy is offline Send a message via ICQ to Blues Cowboy

Great idea, but why not wait until you know the capabilities of the SS2 editor? That might just save your mod becoming obsolete before it's even finished.

Just a thought, after all, I'm completely green in the field of maps and mods. But if you do go ahead, I'll watch this one with interest.

R.I.P. Fiendan's Baby. You've gone to a better place now...
Old 09-15-2004, 01:39 PM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
PETN

Well. I guess there are some ones, they will buy SS2 more later, when it's released, but will still play TSE and they will enjoy playing the mod, before playing SS2 (or somthing like that. Whatever) Well haven't learned pretty much about coding, but i've seen how to create more damagining guns(haven't yet tried) etc.
And about modelling, I know how to make the polygons as triangles and have made few models, I'm using Lightwave 7. I was thinking that it should have 12 enemies. One of them was going to be a zombie Sam (like a beheaded guy), but it's Sam model with reworked texture, but i think that's not such a great idea, 'cause the Samplayer .mdl files doesn't have a good enemy animations and can't rework the texture. So it will have 12 enemies. I will also get ADSL at the end of September, so the uploading things will be easier.

EDIT: Oh! And I know how to move some things in the model (Like the model's hands, fingers) using the skelegons.

Last edited by Grimmjaw; 09-15-2004 at 02:07 PM.
Old 09-16-2004, 01:08 PM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Leprechaun, BOO!

Earthling is offline Send a message via ICQ to Earthling Send a message via AIM to Earthling Send a message via MSN to Earthling

40 levels?

That's more than the amout of levels in both FE and SE combined, and those were done by a team of professionals working for something like 7 years (granted, they coded an engine in the meanwhile, but still)...

Try making one single player level, or a two-level episode first. Then see about the rest of them.

Seriously, trust me on this one.
Old 09-16-2004, 02:15 PM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Hey ladies

Glowing Red Stove Top

Fiendian is offline Send a message via ICQ to Fiendian Send a message via MSN to Fiendian

Sounds great but the amount of levels is WAY too much for one mapper to do, you would need like 5 - 10 more highly experienced and talented mappers.

But otherwice, this sounds good.

Also, wait for SS2, then start.
Old 09-16-2004, 02:17 PM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
PETN

Well. every level don't have to be so huge ones (like many CT levels are pretty huge). I don't mean that I'm gonna finish this mod within few months. I Know it will take more than year, and playing SS2 will slow me down, a little. If I play it trough only once. And I'm not saying that I'm gonna make this mod all by myself. I asked that people could help me too! I should still take a look, and maybe I'll decide to drop some levels. But we'll just have to wait and see.

EDIT: I made these mountains last week. I'm gonna use it at the castle level. Think it needs improvement?

http://www.uploadyourimages.com/img/119459teh1.jpg

http://www.uploadyourimages.com/img/101162teh2.jpg

Last edited by Grimmjaw; 09-16-2004 at 02:26 PM.
Old 09-16-2004, 03:37 PM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
Ugh-Zan III

Looking verry nice atm! You could add a little more "life" to it perhabs. Some kind of trees, plants, rocks, lakes, bridges, etc... just something to make it more alive.

And about your mod....well, only time will tell if you'll be able to make it. Till then - good luck, I'm looking forward to see improvemts.
https://www.artstation.com/artist/zocky
Old 09-16-2004, 05:14 PM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
Hey ladies

Glowing Red Stove Top

Fiendian is offline Send a message via ICQ to Fiendian Send a message via MSN to Fiendian

Bridges and rocks are dead.
j/k

Looking awesome! , but it has to be more than good looking terrain, gameplay and creativity is also important to make a popular and fun mod.

And ALOT of work too.
Old 09-17-2004, 06:08 AM   #11   Add To Ignore List  
PETN

Well I've only made the mountains. And yes it needs rocks, snow trees, etc etc.
Old 09-19-2004, 05:33 AM   #12   Add To Ignore List  
PETN

Iím gonna make these maps.

Intro
Outro
Spaceship
Spacestation Part 2
The Well
Castle
Tomb Of Tutankhamon
Cave Of Suffering
The City
Mentalís Fortress Part 3
Unknown Spacestation
Spacestation Of Mars
Planet Venus
Spacecity
Oblivion
Poison Station
Moon
Gate To Heaven
Infinity Road Part 3
The Final Battle

The Levels in Progress: Tomb Of Tutankhamon, Castle & Unknown Spacestation.

If someone wants to do the mod with me. Tell me what youíre going to be.
Mapper, Modeler or Coder. You can also make models, and levels too. If u want to. If noones with me, then I gotta create everything by myself and thatíll take years!
Old 09-22-2004, 11:25 AM   #13   Add To Ignore List  
PETN

It has few weapon replaces too. Well I got one for Grenade Launcher!
I got this pic from Turok 2. Well it's textures would be improved a little. Here's a little pic for someone, who wants to model. Otherwise I have to model it by myself.
Attached Images

Old 09-22-2004, 11:28 AM   #14   Add To Ignore List  
PETN

Another pic of the Grenade Launcher
http://forums.seriouszone.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17011

Last edited by Grimmjaw; 09-22-2004 at 11:31 AM.
Old 11-23-2004, 07:39 PM   #15   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

Zerg-OverMind is offline Send a message via MSN to Zerg-OverMind

So how finished are you on this mod? And did you like what I made? That little walk through the mountains game i made. I think I MAYBE able to help because I'm working like hell I'm working on 2 mods at once (it's hell)

"You sing along! You get the horn! This is your favourite song!" - INSTILL, Horn

Admin Plus 1.1
// If you find a bug with this let me know

SS Hacking
Old 11-25-2004, 11:52 AM   #16   Add To Ignore List  
Mental

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues Cowboy
Great idea, but why not wait until you know the capabilities of the SS2 editor? That might just save your mod becoming obsolete before it's even finished.

Just a thought, after all, I'm completely green in the field of maps and mods. But if you do go ahead, I'll watch this one with interest.
He can always either convert the maps and stuff into SS2 (god knows how), or he can re-create them. By then he might have also thought of more things to put into it
Old 11-26-2004, 10:24 AM   #17   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

Cool mod. Do your best to make it come out! I don't care if it'll come in 2 years.. It'll still be cool.

I'd like to help you, but I'm working on my mod too, and I'm already a bit backward for my mod, so I can't help you.. But anyways, my mod is going to be a truly new game (even the entities: ex: touch field will be Area Trigger, and it'll have a whole different properties & such)...

It'll be like a new game.
Anyways, keep workin' on your mod. I'd love to play it!