Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam Classic

Serious Sam Classic Discuss anything and everything relating to Serious Sam Classic and its 2 parts; The First Encounter and The Second Encounter.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-04-2001, 02:49 AM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

I like SSFE but i have to admit i didnt play it nearly as much is i still play UT.  Why?  Cause i love to start UT up for a bot match quickie when time alots.  Like if im typing a paper or somesuch i can go frag some ass real quick and get back to work (or play for hours).  UT was great.  The bots were highly customizable and it had hella mutators.  The next same needs some bot love. &nbspLEEAASSEEEE!  One thing that bugs me about Half Life is the lack of bots and i still play the hell outta HLDM on my LAN (do weapons get better in an fps?).  Capture the flag is always fun too but im thinking that warped mod that ships with ssse will have some sort of capture the flag.  Well, mabe im crazy but i love my bots and i hope to see some soon.
*my 0.2*
Old 12-04-2001, 03:54 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Fluffy Teletubby

Many teams declared they're starting to work on bots, either for the basic Serious Sam or for their own mod. I have no idea what happened with them mod... This topic pops up every other month or so, and the only replies are from people who say that others are working

On a general note, I started working on bots for my SS++ mod but scrapped the entire mod because nobody uses it. If someone wants the algorithms and interface I've written, let me know (it's not much, but it's a good start).
Old 12-04-2001, 03:22 PM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

Id love to see something smooth come ouuta this but im no programer :/  Im barely a UT mapper i just like SS frag matches etc.. and id abolutly love bots so if anyone out there want to pick this up and run with it looks like Iirion Claus has a good start fer ya...
PLEEAASSEEEEEEEE
Thx
_Oreo
Old 12-05-2001, 02:40 AM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

Yeah, I wanna frag in DM, and I'm not allowed to play games online.
Old 12-05-2001, 05:29 AM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
angry

SeriousGrandpa is offline Send a message via ICQ to SeriousGrandpa
IC, you did WHAT??!!! O_O
SCRAPPED THE SS++ MOD????
reconsider your idea. If the next ver of SS++ features bots, it would be a planetary sucsess!
btw., you know that our *secret* mod will use SS++, don't you?

Fragments of the past: SeriousGrandpa's
Use the Fork, because there is no Spoon.
Old 12-06-2001, 07:59 AM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Fluffy Teletubby

Quote:
Quote: from SeriousGrandpa on 9:29 am on Dec. 5, 2001
reconsider your idea. If the next ver of SS++ features bots, it would be a planetary sucsess!
Will it be a success? People asked for various features that SS++ answers, but nobody uses it, although it's smaller than many of the single player maps available. If I add bots it'll require work on the mapper's side, and I think people are simply too lazy for it. We'll see about it once the SDK for v1.05 is released.

SG- don't worry about the secret
Old 12-06-2001, 11:34 AM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

Well, like most said, SS++ overwrites SS and most are worried it could corrupt some data. It shouldn't be a problem anymore since v1.05 came out which allows you to load mods through the editor.
Old 12-06-2001, 01:55 PM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Iirion, will SS++ work with 1.05?  If so, I'll download and use it.  I just did'nt want to overrite my dll's.

If ya can load/unload it, then I think a lot more people will use it including me.

I got the patch, but I'm waiting to finish my map for Croteam.  I don't want ANY glitches.

I had a case of the tesselated nurbs once. The doctor cured me, and I'll not be eating there again.