Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Gaming > The Talos Principle

The Talos Principle The home of The Talos Principle: a new IP developed by Croteam.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-20-2015, 05:50 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Default Really enjoying this game

In a world full of spoilers, walkthroughs, lets play videos etc, I find this game really refreshing to just sit back and ignore all that and just work stuff out myself. Sometimes I get stuck but the EUREKA! moment of solving it is really worth it.

I'm now on playthrough 2. First I chose to be "good". Next I chose to redo everything and most puzzles I just blitzed through as I remembered them. There were a few I got stuck on .. some for longer than the first time around! I think first time I stumbled on the solution by accident, so hadn't really thought too much about the mechanics, or the placement of things.

This playthrough I'm going to super thorough and look for EVERYTHING

I don't want to risk spoilers for anyone, but I'm now focussing on 23 stars/looking for terminals/recordings/QRs.

I'm going to go for 100% achievements. Currently 14 left to go.

How many other people REALLY sucked at the larger tetromino based puzzles .. but are getting a knack for it now? Or maybe its just more patience?

I have a few theories about the story/philosophy. As I progress and have less physics puzzles to solve, I am left wondering about that more and more.
Old 01-20-2015, 06:17 PM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Default Re: Really enjoying this game

Yeah, I enjoyed the fact that you just had to figure it out, without the game literally showing you what to do as so many games do these days.

I also liked the philosophical aspects, as I generally enjoy discussion relating to that particular theme.

However, I did mostly everything on my first playthough as I just went slowly through (think I spent like 20 hours on it). Then I jumped on the two guides here to get the last few stars that I couldn't find the locations of - mainly to see the 3rd ending.

Gonna have to go through a second playthrough at some point, just so I can chat some more with those terminals.
Old 01-21-2015, 06:45 PM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Last night I got to my 2nd of the endings. I enjoyed this one more than the first as I had more puzzles to solve to get there, as well as the challenges and what happened at the end.

Next up I have those stars to track down, silver puzzles, level 6 (I forgot ALL about that last night after the puzzle on 5!)

as well as the QR/terminals/audio bits.
Old 01-25-2015, 04:15 PM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

After getting frustrated looking for stars, after a day off I am back to making progress. It seems to be one of 3 types.

Stars I can locate and unlock.
Stars I can locate .. NO idea yet how to get to them
Stars I can't even find ..

The balance of rewards/challenge is REALLY well done.

I've been spending time looking to read all the terminals now and Milton won't talk to me until the end now
Old 01-28-2015, 04:54 PM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Well I'm talking to myself, but I'm progressing and got to my second set of silver sigil puzzles. Cat's Cradle is a bit of a nightmare! Simple yet so tough at the same time.

10 more stars to find after that ..
Old 01-28-2015, 07:11 PM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

To be honest, by the time I got to the silver sigils, I found them quite easy to complete. Had a harder time with some of the other puzzles.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:49 PM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

its a bit mixed for me. 3/6 I've passed first go. One I walked out and came back, another I was missing a needed component.

One of the "easy" red ones I was stuck on for a long time .. just didn't work out what to do
Old 02-03-2015, 04:07 PM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Talking to myself update I've since solved Cat's cradle .. had one of those moments where you accidentally do something and partly reveal the solution to yourself. That was nice, much more fun that watching/reading a walkthrough.

I'm sitting on 8 stars now, I know there are still stars in A3,A4, C3 and 2 others (unknown but suspect tower/hub)

Last night I found the one in A5 when I was getting frustrated and thinking .. how much effort do I put in before I give in and use a guide? At that moment I found what I needed to solve it