Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam 4

Serious Sam 4 The place to talk about Croteam's next title: Serious Sam 4! What do you know? What do you hope to see in the next Sam game?

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-23-2012, 06:51 PM   #181   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

Default Re: Serious Sam 4 ideas ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute View Post
Please don't kill me.
That'd make Brute angry.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:38 PM   #182   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

I think we need more Egypt.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:55 PM   #183   Add To Ignore List  
Ugh-Zan III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan View Post
That'd make Brute angry.
Quite.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:37 PM   #184   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute View Post
Please don't kill me.
You are trying to be dramatic or ? Cause it isn't working ...
Old 09-26-2012, 12:51 PM   #185   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinSerious View Post
You are trying to be dramatic or ? Cause it isn't working ...
It's a joke. We make those. It's this new risque angle we're going for on S!
Old 09-26-2012, 02:43 PM   #186   Add To Ignore List  
Ugh-Zan III

Hm, egypt would be a fresh new environment......
https://www.artstation.com/artist/zocky
Old 09-27-2012, 07:03 AM   #187   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zocky View Post
Hm, egypt would be a fresh new environment......
Badumtss ...
Old 09-27-2012, 07:13 AM   #188   Add To Ignore List  
Ugh-Zan III

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinSerious View Post
You are trying to be dramatic or ?
Closer to "?" than "dramatic," but I think the word you're looking for is "sarcastic."
And yes, I was being sarcastic.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #189   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

Serious Sam 4 should be a continution of the style of Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter and Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter and should take place in these locations...

Mars

Ancient Japan

Ancient Greece

Atlantis

Nazi Germany

(Just imagine Sam killing aliens and Nazis)

Also, if they can... maybe they can get a hold of SLAYER and SLAYER can write the music for Serious Sam 4.....

Just imagine...

Old 10-13-2012, 02:01 AM   #190   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Wink Re: Serious Sam 4 ideas ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSeriousofSamXX View Post
Serious Sam 4 should be a continution of the style of Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter and Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter and should take place in these locations...

Mars

Ancient Japan

Ancient Greece

Atlantis

Nazi Germany

Also, if they can... maybe they can get a hold of SLAYER and SLAYER can write the music for Serious Sam 4.....

Just imagine...

Wow! You read in my mind! I prefer the old school Sam style, when he travel in time in amazing environment. Ancient Greece is, in my opinion, the best location for the next game
Old 10-13-2012, 10:12 AM   #191   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clonejac View Post
Wow! You read in my mind! I prefer the old school Sam style, when he travel in time in amazing environment. Ancient Greece is, in my opinion, the best location for the next game
I'd love it if Sam gets to kill Nazis and aliens.... That'd be awesome!
Old 10-13-2012, 11:01 AM   #192   Add To Ignore List  
Just-a chillin'....

Honestly, I'm tired of this whole 'must stay old-school, nothing new'. As I do want Sam's mass monster and run and gun style, I also want something different and new to the series. Sam 3 took a step towards this direction... sort of. They created these characters, introduced them and what not and then... in the first 5 minutes of gameplay, almost every one of them dies. And then Hellfire is introduced alter out of nowhere, having not a clue who she is or was, and then she also dies. Serious Sam 4 should be a sequel to TSE in my opinion where he is finally headed to Sirius. There is no telling what Croteam would do to him on his way there.
But the game needs something new. I'd like more characters, different style weapons (not just different fire rates, each weapon being almost entirely different in a way, while also keeping the old set of weapons), and some other things. I want to keep some of the same style, but I want a more deep story I guess you could say.

So...

Serious Sam 4:

+ More Characters, which play a role in the story

+ Different Weapons, not just different fire rates, or instance create and hit-scan weapons, but rather something unique for each weapon (Acid Splurger, let acid tear open faces of aliens)

+ New Stuff, not just constant repeats of the Encounters. I want something NEW.

+ maybe the return of Zumb'ul and the Zorgs? :3 hehehe

Actually one thing Sam really needs is a theme song! Hero I guess can be called the theme, and as awesome as it is, I really think we need something different for the theme. Not sure how to describe this one. But this is what I really want for Sam 4.

And one more thing...

Quote:
You've got to be f***ing kidding me. Never ever EVER should a Serious Sam game have a soundtrack produced by someone like this. Damjan should always do the soundtrack ,or someone who can properly take his place. Serious Sam's music plays a huge role in the games. Go and turn off the music and play and see if you get the same feeling. Yeah.

My name is Mongo, and I like Gnaars. And Cookies. Mmmm... Cookies!

Last edited by Mongo; 10-13-2012 at 11:07 AM.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:01 AM   #193   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnaarwarian View Post
Also Atlantis based almost of Greek Mythology, so you got to decide 'Ancient Greek' or Atlantis.
Not really, Atlantis was certainly something unique in Next Encounter.

I agree with Mongo, though to be honest SS2 had a good idea about characters. Aka, having situational characters, unique to the planet/episode, who's role really is just there to represent their people and incite the rebellion against Mental's troops. SS2 has at least a sense of "let's create a rebellion to **** shit up" to its story and I'd love to see something like that again, just more fleshed out and less silly.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.

Last edited by Solais; 10-13-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:10 PM   #194   Add To Ignore List  

More characters is the last thing I want. I think being alone in a strange environment filled with monsters is at the core of Serious Sam's atmosphere. Having more characters takes that away. I thought SS3 had a decent balance. You have that lonely feeling throughout most of the game but you still have occasional exchanges with Hellfire and the people at HQ. But I wouldn't be disappointed if they scrapped all other characters and just went with Sam and Netricsa, like it was in FE and SE.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:53 AM   #195   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

They should continue both storylines from the end of ss hd tse or from the end of ss2 when he found out the mental escaped... That was really dissapointing !
Old 10-14-2012, 09:05 AM   #196   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

I agree with your ideal viper, but I don't think having situational characters like that would be that different. While SS2 had such as well and even NPCs, it still had the same feeling (however diminished that feeling was due to the style). There could be characters, but still having Sam to be a loner, kinda like in SS3, just more fleshed out.

Actually one more thing I'd love if some of those situational characters would be enemies. Taunting Sam while he is making his way to that enemy character. It is good to kill big monsters, but I'd like to fight enemies with a little more personality as well.

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:37 AM   #197   Add To Ignore List  
Just-a chillin'....

Quote:
More characters is the last thing I want. I think being alone in a strange environment filled with monsters is at the core of Serious Sam's atmosphere. Having more characters takes that away. I thought SS3 had a decent balance. You have that lonely feeling throughout most of the game but you still have occasional exchanges with Hellfire and the people at HQ. But I wouldn't be disappointed if they scrapped all other characters and just went with Sam and Netricsa, like it was in FE and SE.
You have a really good point, and I agree. I do love the being all alone atmosphere the encounters set off, but adding more characters a bit more of story would spice it up and make it a tad bit different (perhaps a lot different). I wasn't really thinking about gameplay characters in most scenarios, just characters related to the story's progression.

One thing which might be cool is to add another playable character. Like switch between Sam and the other character every few levels or so. This could add a lot of possibilities.

Quote:
Actually one more thing I'd love if some of those situational characters would be enemies. Taunting Sam while he is making his way to that enemy character. It is good to kill big monsters, but I'd like to fight enemies with a little more personality as well.
Ah! I love those kinds of situations in games. You are charging your way through the bombarded city on a tower... as he speaks over an intercom, and as screams and explosions go off in the background of war--You reach his point, and it's the final duel! .... wait, am I getting a bit weird?

Old 10-14-2012, 09:37 AM   #198   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

I must be the only person that loves having AI controller soldiers fighting with me in shooters. XD I hate being alone in games, gets dull.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:27 AM   #199   Add To Ignore List  
Just-a chillin'....

Quote:
I must be the only person that loves having AI controller soldiers fighting with me in shooters. XD I hate being alone in games, gets dull.
No you're not alone. I love having allies. It's just that the original feel of Sam was being that you are the only one there and then being suddenly surrounded by hordes of monstrous abominations.

I would actually like some scenarios with allies in Sam, but I do also want the old "on my own" feel.

Old 10-14-2012, 11:29 AM   #200   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

More like Call of Duty.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:06 PM   #201   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

Teddila is offline Send a message via Yahoo to Teddila

Quote:

Mars

Ancient Japan

Ancient Greece

Atlantis

Nazi Germany

Just imagine...

I really like the ideas, especially the episode where Sam is killing Nazis
And check the parody universe of Downfall:http://hitlerrantsparodies.wikia.com..._Parodies_Wiki
Old 10-14-2012, 02:25 PM   #202   Add To Ignore List  
Ugh-Zan III

I'm for more characters, or atleast i'm not against it, but what i would really like to see, is more intresting story.

I mean, it can still be mostly oldschool shooter, but what i would like to see, is some sort of mistery, that you slowly uncover. It doesn't have to be TOO complex, for example, those alien scenes in ss3 (underground) were good example. You already start asking yourself, "who made these? What are these? What is their function? etc". Would be cool if slowly, you would see more and more of these and slowly uncover what is the story all about.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:39 PM   #203   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddila View Post
I really like the ideas, especially the episode where Sam is killing Nazis
Thanks! And Sam gets Lugers and MP40's in that episode and at the end of that episode he kills a clone of Hitler sent by Mental!
Old 10-14-2012, 03:06 PM   #204   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

Teddila is offline Send a message via Yahoo to Teddila

Quote:
Thanks! And Sam gets Lugers and MP40's in that episode and at the end of that episode he kills a clone of Hitler sent by Mental!
Can Sam also kill Himmler, Goebbels, Goring, Keitel, Jodl, Krebs, Gunsche, Speer, Fegelein and Burgdorf?
And check the parody universe of Downfall:http://hitlerrantsparodies.wikia.com..._Parodies_Wiki
Old 10-14-2012, 04:01 PM   #205   Add To Ignore List  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
I agree with your ideal viper, but I don't think having situational characters like that would be that different. While SS2 had such as well and even NPCs, it still had the same feeling (however diminished that feeling was due to the style). There could be characters, but still having Sam to be a loner, kinda like in SS3, just more fleshed out.

I disagree about SS2. SS2's feel and atmosphere was about as far away from FE and SE as you can get. I never got that foreboding lonely feeling at all. There were too many characters, Netricsa dialogue, and other silly stuff for it to ever have that kind of feeling.

It would be cool if bosses were more fleshed out though. I thought that was the direction they were going with with the Witch Bride when they first showed concept art of her, but that wasn't the case.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:07 PM   #206   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnaarwarian View Post
But Serious Sam was never built with realistic or historic intention, you still know Teddila + XXSeriousofSamXX?

Or would you include in Call of Duty 2 Darth Vader, a SciFi Character?
Wha-?
Old 10-14-2012, 04:22 PM   #207   Add To Ignore List  
Banned

I want to show the difference in Scenario Setting in Shooters. CoD 2 uses the 'real' Battles of the WW2 as Atmosphere.

If you built for example in FE an ancient Egypt Scenario (what wasn't exactly historic, like the battles of WW2 in CoD 2) and filled it with (a lots of, much) Alien Monsters, you are able to create epic and big battles, but you won't created the same Atmosphere as in CoD 2.

That CoD got a more military and darker Atmosphere, you would agree?

Also my example wasn't meant to be as realistic, its exaggerated.

Last edited by Gnaarwarian; 10-14-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:31 PM   #208   Add To Ignore List  
Ugh-Zan III

cod has atmosphere?
Old 10-14-2012, 05:18 PM   #209   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Actually yes. That's why COD sells that well because it has a well defined atmosphere. But little else.

Old 10-14-2012, 07:05 PM   #210   Add To Ignore List  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
Actually yes. That's why COD sells that well because it has a well defined atmosphere. But little else.
CoD sells well because for some reason people like to log countless hours into its multiplayer modes. I doubt single player or its atmosphere is of importance to its main audience.