Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam Console Editions

Serious Sam Console Editions The place to find all you ever wanted to know about the console releases of Serious Sam!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-07-2005, 05:42 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

Default Some questions about Next Encounter (PS2)

1. Does the Next Encounter has anything to do with The First and Second Encounter?

2. What score would you give SS: Next Encounter? (0 to 10)

3. Is there a multiplayer mode in the game? Where you can play with bots? And if so, does it contain a COOP-option?

4. How long does it take for an avarage player to complete the game and how long for a beginner?

5. How are the levels? Are they the same size as SS: Second Encounter? And how many levels are in the game?

Thanks for (trying) to answer these question... I'm looking for a cool PS2 game and i might be getting SS: Next Encounter... So, help me out!

Last edited by Woutsie; 05-07-2005 at 05:52 PM.
Old 05-07-2005, 06:51 PM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
λ

Shrinker is offline Send a message via ICQ to Shrinker Send a message via AIM to Shrinker Send a message via MSN to Shrinker

1. It plays in the universe, but is not a sequel or something
2. never played
3. mp surely, bots surely not, coop i guess yesss
4. never played
5. probably smaller and a bit less detailed because of the console environment
   Arrival Mix | Tree of Life

Old 05-07-2005, 09:11 PM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Seriousy Scottish

Manicsubsidal is offline Send a message via MSN to Manicsubsidal

Well on the GC version co-op was available as me and my cuson completed the game this way
The next day, on the way back to the garage, I received a call on the hands-free phone from the tracker company. “Your car’s been stolen, sir,” said the man. “I’m sure it hasn’t,” I said, “because I’m in it.”

It is important to understand that the technical beta release does not have the stability of released Microsoft software.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:40 PM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woutsie
1. Does the Next Encounter has anything to do with The First and Second Encounter?

3. Is there a multiplayer mode in the game? Where you can play with bots? And if so, does it contain a COOP-option?

4. How long does it take for an avarage player to complete the game and how long for a beginner?

5. How are the levels? Are they the same size as SS: Second Encounter? And how many levels are in the game?

Thanks for (trying) to answer these question... I'm looking for a cool PS2 game and i might be getting SS: Next Encounter... So, help me out!

The PS2 version has online play and its great. Im trying to start a club to play FPS online and next encounter on on my game list. If you want to join up go here for more info.

Last edited by Louva-Deus; 05-09-2005 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:54 AM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

K i'm getting the game tomorrow!
Please people, try to answer all 5 questions
Old 05-09-2005, 05:25 PM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

*Sigh* Here goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woutsie

1) Yeah, they all contain timelocks. Further nothing.

2) 6.5

3) There is multiplayer. Coop mode, simple deathmatch, hold the flag and pass the bomb.

4) I'm a regular SS player. It took me 9 days to beat it on normal. So a n00b should be able to do it in about 2 weeks on normal... Not sure though.

5) It has around 40 (not sure, been a while since I played it) small levels. They are quite detailed though.

And some of the cutscenes of it are fricking HILARIOUS!!! Like the one after you beat the first boss.

And ofcourse, the quotes by booger (John Dick, official voice of mr. Sam.) make me laugh every time by listening to them.

If you're a die hard Sam fan, you should get it.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty

Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)
Old 05-10-2005, 05:47 AM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Razardous

The Serious Spoon is offline Send a message via ICQ to The Serious Spoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnector
If you're a die hard Sam fan, you should get it.
Even if you do not have a PS2?

"And yet be reminded by the Gods that though cooperation is a friendly pursuit, friendly fire is righteous in its purging of the vile and corrupt. Let ye not be deserving of its wrath for the hoarding of power-ups."
Old 05-10-2005, 07:45 AM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

Indeed. SO BUY IT YOU ASSHAT!!!
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty

Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)
Old 05-14-2005, 02:11 PM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

Ima get is asap.. getting serious sam gold monday/tuesday, so i'll order next encounter in a couple of days/weeks
Old 11-13-2005, 11:04 PM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

RichmanRush is offline Send a message via ICQ to RichmanRush

I finally found it for ps2 at a local Fry's for like $20. Glad I bought it, I wasn't let down. Single player wise, I think the Xbox version is the best so far (haven't finished the ps2 one yet), and MP wise I go for the PC. But all in all, I haven't really been let down by any Serious Sam title yet, but the closest so far has been SS2. Not because of content, but because of compatibility and screwy game menus (PC).
Old 11-14-2005, 12:24 PM   #11   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

elbryan42 is offline Send a message via ICQ to elbryan42 Send a message via AIM to elbryan42

1. It's a side story. It's made my Climax instead of Croteam. So it's a different story, new graphic style, etc.

2. 10/10

3. Yes, there's multiplayer. Online. Haven't ever played it since I hate multiplayer.

4-5. There's 42 levels in all. 11 of which are locked so that you must get Gold Medals on a certain amount of levels to unlock them. It took me a couple weeks beating the main levels. The levels are pretty huge (yes, as big as SE levels), with plenty of levels. In the later levels, it's very insane (at times more insane than any other SS game). It's MUCH longer than SS2. It starts off quite easy, so it seems like a cakewalk. But by the last episode, it's as tough as SS1, if not tougher.

There's tons of types of enemies, three vehicles (Serious Jeep, Serious Sub, Serious Combine), alternate ammo types, new weapons, more animation for enemies (though they have less polys than other SS games) and more. And you'll love the Super Combo Killing Sprees!

Read my review for more:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/review/R72958.html

I say pick this one up as soon as you can. The Gamecube version is already super rare. And I'm guessing after the holiday season with sales, bargain bins, and such all stock will be cleared.

I highly recommend it. I can't decide which I like better, SS1 XBox or Next Encounter.