Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam 3

Serious Sam 3 Everything you want to know or say about Serious Sam 3!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-20-2017, 05:17 AM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Default Interesting thing I found out about 2nd to last level in Serious Sam 3

Apparently, a large part of this level takes place in Ramesseum.

Ramesseum was a memorial temple dedicated to pharaoh Ramesses II.

For anyone who doesn't know yet, Ramesses II did a battle against Hittites. He had poor scouting and planning with the Hittite army arriving before expected time. Only last-minute reinforcements in the battle saved the battle for becoming a defeat for them. After that a peace treaty was signed with Hittites.

However, Ramesses II did a lot of propaganda after that, announcing how he single-handedly and heroically defeated the Hittite army in a battle.

So basically, this means that Sam humiliates Ramesses II by single-handedly defeating Mental's army on a ground dedicated to a pharaoh who claimed to single-handedly defeating the opposing army.
Old 08-20-2017, 05:38 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

Default Re: Interesting thing I found out about 2nd to last level in Serious Sam 3

Obviously Sam's motives include giving the proverbial middle finger to a long-since deceased Egyptian pharaoh based on a vague piece of trivia nobody who isn't a dedicated scholar on the subject or a random person who would search this kind of info on the internet would know instead of focusing to activate a time travel device as a last-ditch effort to save his own race from an all-encompassing evil marching them unrelentingly towards its own extinction.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty

Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)
Old 08-20-2017, 06:58 PM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Default Re: Interesting thing I found out about 2nd to last level in Serious Sam 3

It was probably just a coincidence.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:04 AM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Hey I wouldn't put it past Samuel to go the distance with that kind of depth. This is after all the guy who blew the Sphinx the hell up real carefully.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:05 PM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

I didn't say it was intentional. Just an interesting fact about Ramesseum.