Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Gaming > Garry's Mod

Garry's Mod An experiment! That's what this game is all about, so let's discuss, play, make, and more!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-01-2006, 09:57 AM   #31   Add To Ignore List  
Hey ladies

Glowing Red Stove Top

Fiendian is offline Send a message via ICQ to Fiendian Send a message via MSN to Fiendian
Default Re: Garry's Mod 10 on Steam today

Quote:
Originally Posted by D w K View Post
As I fellow modder, I think it's great that he is finally getting paid for all of his hard work. Making a mod is no easy task, and usually requires a huge amount of time. His mod has to be one of the most impressive and creative ones that I've ever seen, and it didn't get to be that way with a few hundred hours of coding.

For example, for all of the thousands of hours of blood, sweat, and tears I put into the Sam 1 Parse Errors, I got 2 things from only one person. A slightly used 120 gig hard drive and a brand new 6600GT.

So let's see here, if I put in say, 3k hours (prob a decent estimate since I sank every bit of my spare time into it for about 2 years) and got 2 gifts whose worth totals about $350, I ended up getting paid about $0.12 an hour...

Don't get me wrong, I loved making the mods and even chose to put myself through that madness again, but it would be nice to have some kind of reward other than hearing, 'Nice Mod!'.

How many of you would spend countless hours of your free time for a few compliments? You'd have to be Insane...
Very good post D w K.
But I think I know one person that fits into the last paragraph of your post, Typhoon-man doesn't seem to have anything against people modding for countless hours for no money.

But hell, you deserve a 8800 GTX for your hard work, at least that.