Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam 3

Serious Sam 3 Everything you want to know or say about Serious Sam 3!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-05-2012, 12:23 AM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Lurker

Default Serious Sam 3: BFE Main changes from Beta to Final Game

Obviously, the beta isnīt the final version of the game, but all weapons were changed,

No weapon or Dialogue is like in SS3 beta:

Sam contacts Rodriguez (Jones): "-Stone Cominī Where ya? Rodriguez I told you i will be there in a minute -Itīs Jones, Rodriguez took a shot in the Chest, He says heīs really bad, Whereī you Dawg, -Just take cover, iīm on my way on HQ in an instant -Oh Jesus Chri.... - Oh S#!t " Beta version

Final version ---->"-Stone Cominī Where ya? Rodriguez I told you i will be there in a minute -Itīs Jones, Rodriguez too... Oh Jesus Chri.... - Oh S#!t "

Sam Hands (Main Changes): When Sam ripped a Gnaarīs eye, the eye throwing-distance wasnīt big like in Final Game (You can see this changes in your Game and Rich Knuckles Help-Line Trailer #3)

Sledgehammer: Itīs position was Changed, the weapon is now more down and you can see just one hand, in the beta The Sledgehammer was bigger, when Sam sprinted, both Hands were visible, in the final game, only 1 hand is visible(You can see this changes in your Game and a Serious Sam 3: BFE 10 Minutes Gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMpiLLPWaN0)

SOP38 Semi-Automatic Pistol: In the Beta, the pistol is black colored, when you look at the sun, the Beta Pistol looks more Shinier than the Final Version Pistol, also the firing sound is more weaker, but the Reload Sound was Unchanged(You can see this changes in your Game and a Serious Sam 3: BFE 10 Minutes Gameplay [the same gameplay posted in the Sledgehammer])

12- Gauge Pump Action Shotgun: The only change was the firing sound, When Sam "pumps up" the shotgun, in the beta version the pump up sound was the same as the reload sound, in the final version the pump up sound was changed, and the reload sound, kept the same sound(You can see this changes in your Game and a Serious Sam 3: BFE 9 Minutes gameplay[The Silent Riddler Part])

Double Barrel Coach Gun: The Shotgun color was grey-like, in the final game, is totally black, the reload sound was like in Serious Sam Classic (the FIRE sound was the same as the final version) and the shotgun was bigger than the final version (You can see this changes in your Game and a Serious Sam 3: BFE 9 Minutes gameplay[The Silent Riddler Part])

M29 Assault Rifle: The sound was almost the same as the SOP38 Pistol, considering the Sprint action, the gun was in a line like this /
in the final version, the sprint action is Horizontal, And in the left-side of the weapon, a tube-like Thingee was next to the weapon (You can see this changes in your Game and a Serious Sam 3: BFE 9 Minutes gameplay[The Silent Riddler Part])

XM214-A Minigun: The Main change was the minigun didnīt have any color or form, the look was like a tube, the sound was different, also, in the right side, Sam hand was visible, both hands were visible in the beta version, In the final version, only one hand is visible (You can see this changes in your Game and a Rich Knuckles Help-Line Episode #1 or Serious-Chaos Trailer)

XPML21 Rocket Launcher: The Rocket Launcher from beta version, when a rocket was fired, the rocket moved to the left then another rocket suddenly appeared, the rocket was white colored, in the final version the rockets are green, when fired, another rocket launcher moves from left to the middle of the weapon, considering the beta version rocket, the rockets were shinier than the final ones (You can see this changes in your Game and a Serious Sam 3: BFE 9 Minutes gameplay[The Silent Riddler Part] and a Rich Knuckles Help-Line episode #1)

C4 Demolition Charge: The only difference from the beta version to the final version, is the time Sam throws the C4īs, that was the only change (You can see this changes in your Game and a Serious Sam 3: BFE Weapons Trailer)

XL2 Lasergun: This weapon had 2 beta stages: #1 the weapon model was the same as Serious Sam HD (You can see this changes in your Game and a Serious Sam 3: BFE Making-of Video) #2 The weapon was in the same position but this time with a different weapon skin, in the final version, the weapon was in a different position, the 4 cannons are visible, but the Firing sound was unchanged (You can see this changes in your Game and a Serious Sam 3: BFE Weapons trailer)

AS-24 Devastator: This weapon left unchanged from beta to final version, no changes detected (You can see this changes in your Game and a Serious Sam 3: BFE Weapons trailer)

RAPTOR 16-MM Sniper Rifle: The only change was the weapon skin, the firing sound is the same (the same from beta version and Serious Sam HD) also, Sam elbow was ALMOST visible, in final version, Sam wrist is the only Arm part visible (You can see this changes in your Game and a Serious Sam 3: BFE Weapons trailer)

SBC Cannon: The only change was the firing sound, in beta version the sound was like Serious Sam Classic, in final version this sound was changed

THOSE WERE ALL WEAPONS CHANGES More Notable Changes Soon
__________________________________________________ _______________________

GENERAL CHANGES:

All levels were cloudy in beta version, in the final game Summer in Cairo, Into the Spider Nest (Arachnoid Boss Battle), The Dark Bride (Final Part), The Power of the Underworld, The Last Man on Earth and The Guardian of Time are the only levels with clouds (You can see this changes in your Game and a Serious Sam 3: BFE Weapons trailer)

In beta version the Ammo, Health and Armor "color" was the same (Red), in the final version The Ammo is Yellow-Colored, The Health is Red-Colored and the Armor is Blue- Colored (You can see this changes in your Game and a Serious Sam 3: BFE 9 Minutes Gameplay)

The Serious Sam HD HUD was the same in the beta version, in the final game the HUD was changed.

In "The Power of the Underworld" the sky looks more clear than the final version (You can see this changes in your Game and a Serious Sam 3: BFE Serious-Chaos Trailer[When Sam decapitates the Khnum] or The Making-of Video [The Last 6 seconds])
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
Attached Images

Last edited by Dankzaii; 04-06-2012 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Trying to found all weapons & other stuff changes
Old 04-06-2012, 12:36 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Just-a chillin'....

Default Re: Serious Sam 3: BFE Main changes from Beta to Final Game

Quote:
SOP38 Semi-Automatic Pistol: In the Beta, the pistol is black colored, when you look at the sun, the Beta Pistol looks more Shinier than the Final Version Pistol, also the firing sound is more weaker, but the Reload Sound was Unchanged
The weapons were unfinished. This was a placeholder model.

Cool thread idea though! You've spotted some neat changes.

My name is Mongo, and I like Gnaars. And Cookies. Mmmm... Cookies!
Old 04-06-2012, 12:28 PM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Bio
Mechanoid

The rocket launcher looked alittle different in the beta.

Early Screenshot:
http://static.arstechnica.net/assets/2011/08/serious_sam_split_screen_mp_4player-4e44874-intro-thumb-640xauto-24592.jpg

Final Version:
http://www.pcper.com/files/imagecache/article_max_width/news/2012-02-22/TR_SS3_1.jpg

In Rich Knuckles Helpline Trailer #2, starting around 0:47, if you listen closely to when the cannon was firing, it sounded like it used the original SS1 Cannon firing sounds.

Last edited by Bio; 04-06-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:35 PM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

I think I can reveal that the RL looked the same, but the model of the Rocket was still the same model as in SSHD.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:31 PM   #5   Add To Ignore List  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
I think I can reveal that the RL looked the same, but the model of the Rocket was still the same model as in SSHD.
Considering it's fairly obvious from early screenshots and videos, you probably don't need to "reveal" it.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:36 PM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper45 View Post
Considering it's fairly obvious from early screenshots and videos, you probably don't need to "reveal" it.
That is why I can reveal it.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
Old 04-07-2012, 01:19 AM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Hey, interesting Post !

Thanks a LOT Valerie Valens !
Old 04-07-2012, 02:32 AM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
Ugh-Zan III

Brute is offline Send a message via MSN to Brute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
That is why I can reveal it.
*can't
Old 04-07-2012, 10:41 AM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

The bride witch seemed to go through many changes, or am I overlooking something?
and the scrap jack has a metal replacement on his shoulder on his artwork, yet it's not there in the final game.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:57 AM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
Black Star

Seriously! Creative Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeNeRiC_DeTeCteD View Post
The bride witch seemed to go through many changes, or am I overlooking something?
and the scrap jack has a metal replacement on his shoulder on his artwork, yet it's not there in the final game.
And he shoots plasma or something similiar. He looked more badass as now