Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > General > Arts & Entertainment

Arts & Entertainment Talk about the stuff that makes you jive! Music, art, movies, anime, TV, YouTube, whatever! You can even show off your creations here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-07-2014, 07:47 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Notorious
 
Marko J's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: The Morgue
 
Marko J is offline
Default What are your Favorite/ Top 20 Actors

List your top 5/10/15/20 actors and also your most favorite. And of course from all of those list your top 1 most favorite actor and which you think is the best actor in the world.

TOP 20 ACTORS
20. Scott Adkins
19. Willem Dafoe
18. Michelle Rodriguez
17. Leonardo DiCaprio
16. Samuel L. Jackson
15. Norman Reedus
14. Jet Li
13. Ellen Page
12. Alex O'Loughlin
11. Wentworth Miller
10. Antonio Banderas
09. Chris Tucker
08. Michael C. Hall
07. Jackie Chan
06. Jim Carrey
05. Dolph Lundgren
04. Jason Statham
03. Jean-Claude Van Damme
02. Arnold Schwarzenegger
01. Sylvester Stallone

FAVORITE ACTORS
=====================
01. Sylvester Stallone
02. Arnold Schwarzenegger ╠══ Childhood Heroes!
03. Jean-Claude Van Damme
=====================

04. Jason Statham
05. Dolph Lundgren

TOP 1
Sylvester Stallone

What are yours?
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:06 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
...
 
AntonioR's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
 
AntonioR is offline
Default Re: What are your Favorite/ Top 20 Actors

So, my list, in more or less random order:

Tom Cruise
Harisson Ford
Clint Eastwood
Michael Douglas

Bruce Willis
Sean Connery
Jim Carrey
Arnold Schwarzenegger

Honorable mentions:
Sigourney Weaver for her role in Aliens, Robin Williams, Jack Nicholson, Will Smith, Russel Crowe, Mel Gibson, Michael J. Fox, Kevin Costner...

So yeah, you could say I'm a 80s and 90s guy.


(How can you list Ellen Page, she is just a pretty face not a real actress? And where the hell are her hips ?)

Last edited by AntonioR; 07-08-2014 at 06:10 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:33 AM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Notorious
 
Marko J's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: The Morgue
 
Marko J is offline
Default Re: What are your Favorite/ Top 20 Actors

I also like the 90s/80s guys and I like your list.

About Ellen Page. Play Beyond Two Souls and you'll see her talent Infact I should of listed her closer.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:52 AM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
</3
 
Mkbewe's Avatar
 
King of the Cathedral
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Poland
 
Mkbewe is offline
Default Re: What are your Favorite/ Top 20 Actors

1. Jackie Chan
2. Arnold Schwarzeneger
3. Will Smith
4. Morgan Freeman
5. Jet Li
6. Martin Lawrance
7. Jim Carrey
8. Tom Hanks
9. Sylvester Stalone
10. Antonio Banderas

Generally I like action or comic actors.
__________________
Serious Sam The Next Encounter Classic for PC - WIP
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:56 AM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Notorious
 
Marko J's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: The Morgue
 
Marko J is offline
Default Re: What are your Favorite/ Top 20 Actors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkbewe View Post
1. Jackie Chan
2. Arnold Schwarzeneger
3. Will Smith
4. Morgan Freeman
5. Jet Li
6. Martin Lawrance
7. Jim Carrey
8. Tom Hanks
9. Sylvester Stalone
10. Antonio Banderas

Generally I like action or comic actors.
for the list
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 08:10 AM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
...
 
AntonioR's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
 
AntonioR is offline
Default Re: What are your Favorite/ Top 20 Actors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marko J View Post
I also like the 90s/80s guys and I like your list.

About Ellen Page. Play Beyond Two Souls and you'll see her talent Infact I should of listed her closer.
I only know her from Inception, and that movie was focused too much on DiCaprio, other actors including her where there just to explain the plot and how all that dream stuff works.

I have nothing against her, but I have yet to see a movie where she carries all or most of the weight of the movie on her own shoulders (eg. Julia Robert in Erin Brockovich). Unfortunately movies with lead female roles are rare, or they are not well known or just get lost in Hoolywood action blockbuster bs.

Even those women in Prometheus were lame even though the movie was based on ALien with a good female lead.

Last edited by AntonioR; 07-08-2014 at 08:14 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 08:16 AM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Notorious
 
Marko J's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: The Morgue
 
Marko J is offline
Default Re: What are your Favorite/ Top 20 Actors

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
I only know her from Inception, and that movie was focused too much on DiCaprio, other actors including her where there just to explain the plot and how all that dream stuff works.

I have nothing against her, but I have yet to see a movie where she carries all or most of the weight of the movie on her own shoulders (eg. Julia Robert in Erin Brockovich). Unfortunately movies with lead female roles are rare, or they are not well known or just get lost in Hoolywood action blockbuster bs.

Even those women in Prometheus were lame even though the movie was based on ALien with a good female lead.
Just play the game or watch the trailer, it's all her performance also you can watch
Juno and see her performance there too. But I'm telling you, you'd be impressed by the game!
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:15 AM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
「HORY SHET」
 
Sedinus's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Kurwaland
 
Sedinus is offline
Default Re: What are your Favorite/ Top 20 Actors

Rowan Atkinson, Brad Pitt, Jim Carrey, Jimmy Carr, Schwarzenegger, Eastwood, Ford. That's it.
__________________

Last.fm | MyAnimeList.net
S!'s MVP (Most Valuable Pole)
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:10 AM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots
 
Pan's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Looking for Snake
 
Pan is offline
Default Re: What are your Favorite/ Top 20 Actors

Here's my 20. I dislike most actors.

1. John Wayne
2. Jackie Chan
3. Sylvester Stallone
4. Sam Neill
5. Jeff Goldblum
6. Harrison Ford
7. Arnold Schwarzenegger
8. Jet Li
9. Laura Dern
10. Bruce Lee
11. Will Smith
12. Adam Sandler (early career only)
13. Owen Wilson
14. Robert Downey Jr
15. Denzel Washington
16. Clint Eastwood
17. Tom Hanks
18. John Cleese
19. Rowan Atkinson
20. Nicholas Cage

Top 5:
1. Sam Neill
2. Jeff Goldblum
3. Jackie Chan
4. John Wayne
5. John Cleese
__________________
"Don't you have to be told to do things to be considered a slave?"
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:13 AM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
</3
 
Mkbewe's Avatar
 
King of the Cathedral
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Poland
 
Mkbewe is offline
Default Re: What are your Favorite/ Top 20 Actors

Oo yeah, Rowan
I forgot about Eddie Murphy
__________________
Serious Sam The Next Encounter Classic for PC - WIP
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:45 AM   #11   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜
 
Scratch's Avatar
 
Crackshell Developer
Joined: May 2007
Location: Heiloo, Netherlands
 
Scratch is online now
Default Re: What are your Favorite/ Top 20 Actors

I only know 6 of them in the list of OP. I don't care about actors.
__________________
I'm a cat by the way. I'm also everyone's most hated critic.
(Opinions expressed are my own)

Nimble Writer - now available on Steam, Itch.io.
CodeCat, my blog that I need to update - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution or Bogus Detour. Please use the appropriate community hubs for that.)
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:41 AM   #12   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy
 
Solais's Avatar
 
Croteam Representative
Joined: Nov 2009
 
Solais is offline
Default Re: What are your Favorite/ Top 20 Actors

I kinda agree with Angelo. When I watch movies, I usually try to suspend my disbelief and see the actors as the actual people they try to play, instead of the actors themselves. Can be hard to do it, sure, especially if there are a lot of familiar faces, like.... about everyone on Pan's list, but still trying to see the character in movies, not the actor.
__________________
Since Old Lost Age I Shine

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop


While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:59 AM   #13   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp
 
NoMercy Rider's Avatar
 
Seriously! Beardmaster
Joined: Jun 2001
Location: Oregon, USA
 
NoMercy Rider is offline
Default Re: What are your Favorite/ Top 20 Actors

Not sure I can come up with 20, but here is my list in no particular order. My basis for a "favorite actor" simply comes down to if I will watch a movie simply because XX actor is in it.

1. Robert de Niro (though his recent roles have been pretty 'meh')
2. Jackie Chan
3. James Gandolfini (see comments in the top TV show thread)
4. Will Smith
5. John Wayne
6. Tom Hanks
7. Johnny Depp (say what you want, but he is able to tackle a wide array of roles)
8. Sylvester Stallone
9. Bruce Willis
10. Denzel Washington
11. Michelle Rodriguez
12. David Tennant
13. Milla Jovovich
__________________
Requiescat en Pace.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 05:43 PM   #14   Add To Ignore List  
Notorious
 
Marko J's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: The Morgue
 
Marko J is offline
Default

Oh I've forgotten Rowan Atkinson and Johnny Depp :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
I kinda agree with Angelo. When I watch movies, I usually try to suspend my disbelief and see the actors as the actual people they try to play, instead of the actors themselves. Can be hard to do it, sure, especially if there are a lot of familiar faces, like.... about everyone on Pan's list, but still trying to see the character in movies, not the actor.
Not every actor can do every character.
__________________

Last edited by Solais; 07-08-2014 at 06:44 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:45 PM   #15   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy
 
Solais's Avatar
 
Croteam Representative
Joined: Nov 2009
 
Solais is offline
Default Re: What are your Favorite/ Top 20 Actors

Then they can't be very good actors to begin with.
__________________
Since Old Lost Age I Shine

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop


While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:47 PM   #16   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots
 
Pan's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Looking for Snake
 
Pan is offline
Default Re: What are your Favorite/ Top 20 Actors

I roll my eyes at this thread sometimes, saying a-yo. That comments lame-o.
__________________
"Don't you have to be told to do things to be considered a slave?"
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 03:43 AM   #17   Add To Ignore List  
Lurker
 
Dankzaii's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Isengard
 
Dankzaii is offline
Default Re: What are your Favorite/ Top 20 Actors

1-to-20: Sonja Kinski, thanks to her Zoey exists <3
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 06:59 AM   #18   Add To Ignore List  
Notorious
 
Marko J's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: The Morgue
 
Marko J is offline
Default Re: What are your Favorite/ Top 20 Actors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan View Post
I roll my eyes at this thread sometimes, saying a-yo. That comments lame-o.
Then stop opening it. Very simple.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:52 AM   #19   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots
 
Pan's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Looking for Snake
 
Pan is offline
Default Re: What are your Favorite/ Top 20 Actors

It wasn't aimed at you.
__________________
"Don't you have to be told to do things to be considered a slave?"
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:56 AM   #20   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy
 
Solais's Avatar
 
Croteam Representative
Joined: Nov 2009
 
Solais is offline
Default Re: What are your Favorite/ Top 20 Actors

Then I don't get why it was aimed at me. I replied to Marko that if the actors can't sell their characters as separate characters, only themselves, then they are really not good actors. There are actors that can play certain characters and can't play others, that is true. But if an actor cannot act the character they are supposed to act, then they are not good actors, just people being themselves. When I watch anything, film or series, I don't want to see actors, I want to see characters in a story. I don't care about actors, I care about good characters in a cool story.
__________________
Since Old Lost Age I Shine

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop


While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.

Last edited by Solais; 07-09-2014 at 09:58 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:46 AM   #21   Add To Ignore List  
Notorious
 
Marko J's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: The Morgue
 
Marko J is offline
Default Re: What are your Favorite/ Top 20 Actors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
Then I don't get why it was aimed at me. I replied to Marko that if the actors can't sell their characters as separate characters, only themselves, then they are really not good actors. There are actors that can play certain characters and can't play others, that is true. But if an actor cannot act the character they are supposed to act, then they are not good actors, just people being themselves. When I watch anything, film or series, I don't want to see actors, I want to see characters in a story. I don't care about actors, I care about good characters in a cool story.
The best character ever created not the actor but the character for me will always be Derek Reese, the dude on my avatar.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:35 AM   #22   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp
 
NoMercy Rider's Avatar
 
Seriously! Beardmaster
Joined: Jun 2001
Location: Oregon, USA
 
NoMercy Rider is offline
Default Re: What are your Favorite/ Top 20 Actors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
Then I don't get why it was aimed at me. I replied to Marko that if the actors can't sell their characters as separate characters, only themselves, then they are really not good actors. There are actors that can play certain characters and can't play others, that is true. But if an actor cannot act the character they are supposed to act, then they are not good actors, just people being themselves. When I watch anything, film or series, I don't want to see actors, I want to see characters in a story. I don't care about actors, I care about good characters in a cool story.
That kind of reinforces all of our points. All of the actors listed in this thread excel at something, whether it be acting, action choreography, or a mixture of both. Obviously "bad actors" wouldn't make it onto these lists... okay unless they were so bad they were good

I think it comes down to you misinterpreting my post about watching most movies if one of my listed actors is in the movie. While that's true, I don't watch a movie thinking "Oh hey, it's Johnny Depp!" Like you, I follow the the characters in the storyline, not the actors. Keeping the Johnny Depp example going, I think of him as Captain Sparrow, Sweeney Todd, Edward Scissorhands, etc etc etc while watching the movie, not Johnny Depp.

When I said I watch a movie because a certain actor is in it, that's because that actor has an excellent track record of solid performances so chances are good that I will enjoy the movie. Not simply because a certain somebody was in the movie.

I guess I just don't really understand what point you are trying to make that is contrary to the lists we've already made.
__________________
Requiescat en Pace.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:45 AM   #23   Add To Ignore List  
Ugh-Zan III
 
Zocky's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2002
Location: Slovenia, EU
 
Zocky is offline
Default Re: What are your Favorite/ Top 20 Actors

Patrick Stewart, Woopy Goldberg pretty much....
__________________
My Art Thread: link
UDK map - Yakushi-ji Temple wip
My portflio:
https://www.artstation.com/artist/zocky
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:58 AM   #24   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy
 
Solais's Avatar
 
Croteam Representative
Joined: Nov 2009
 
Solais is offline
Default Re: What are your Favorite/ Top 20 Actors

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMercy Rider View Post
That kind of reinforces all of our points. All of the actors listed in this thread excel at something, whether it be acting, action choreography, or a mixture of both. Obviously "bad actors" wouldn't make it onto these lists... okay unless they were so bad they were good

I think it comes down to you misinterpreting my post about watching most movies if one of my listed actors is in the movie. While that's true, I don't watch a movie thinking "Oh hey, it's Johnny Depp!" Like you, I follow the the characters in the storyline, not the actors. Keeping the Johnny Depp example going, I think of him as Captain Sparrow, Sweeney Todd, Edward Scissorhands, etc etc etc while watching the movie, not Johnny Depp.

When I said I watch a movie because a certain actor is in it, that's because that actor has an excellent track record of solid performances so chances are good that I will enjoy the movie. Not simply because a certain somebody was in the movie.

I guess I just don't really understand what point you are trying to make that is contrary to the lists we've already made.
My original reply was to Angelo's, not yours or anyone else's. I just said what I think about actors.
__________________
Since Old Lost Age I Shine

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop


While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:10 AM.