Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > General > Arts & Entertainment

Arts & Entertainment Talk about the stuff that makes you jive! Music, art, movies, anime, TV, YouTube, whatever! You can even show off your creations here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-11-2014, 08:33 AM   #31   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched

Is the Armageddon your talking about the one with Bruce Willis and his men go out in space to destroy a big asteroid? But that ones good - 8.5/10 for me.
Old 11-11-2014, 05:00 PM   #32   Add To Ignore List  
Notorious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzy View Post
Is the Armageddon your talking about the one with Bruce Willis and his men go out in space to destroy a big asteroid? But that ones good - 8.5/10 for me.
Yeah thats the one
Old 11-11-2014, 05:55 PM   #33   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

^^ Awesome movie!!!
Old 11-11-2014, 06:52 PM   #34   Add To Ignore List  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marko J View Post
And if you didn't watch the other Rambo movies I suggest you go on and watch them and also they have less blood and gore in them
I watched those movies so long ago it feels like it was in the last century
Old 11-12-2014, 10:36 AM   #35   Add To Ignore List  
Notorious

Cool, I am excited to see the next Rambo sequel, if Stallone doesn't plan on making a new Expendables sequel
Old 11-13-2014, 02:08 PM   #36   Add To Ignore List  
The one and only!

Thee Goat Pig is offline Send a message via ICQ to Thee Goat Pig Send a message via AIM to Thee Goat Pig

Big Hero 6 was a lot of fun. I saw it this afternoon with my sister and her children. The short before it, Feast, made my cry in a good way. 8/10 for the whole experience. The after-credits scene also made me laugh.
Yes...God is a sniper.:D - ZEN
Old 11-13-2014, 02:22 PM   #37   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

Good to know, TGP. I might have to see it.
Old 11-13-2014, 03:42 PM   #38   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

I really want to see that movie. I was sold as soon as I heard that it was the same studio that made Wreck-It Ralph. I planned to watch it on Veteran's Day, assuming that most people would still be working. Bad mistake Because all the kids were gone from school and all the stay at home moms were at the theater.

So we ended up seeing Gone Girl instead. It was a very suspenseful movie that I liked. Unfortunately I can't talk too much about it without giving away huge twists. The only thing was that the ending was pretty bloody awful. It turned a great movie into an 'okay' movie.
Old 11-13-2014, 04:13 PM   #39   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

Just by the title alone, people'd think it was a chick flick.
Old 11-13-2014, 05:47 PM   #40   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

I saw it on the rating at 8/10 so it really is a good movie. I am going to check it out soon and watch it see how it goes
Old 11-13-2014, 06:47 PM   #41   Add To Ignore List  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan View Post
Just by the title alone, people'd think it was a chick flick.
Yeah, I thought that as well, but I might check it out one day. Really a misleading title.
Old 11-13-2014, 07:04 PM   #42   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

Without giving too much away, it is probably the polar opposite of a chick flick. In fact, I think many chicks would be pissed by the storyline.
Old 11-14-2014, 11:24 AM   #43   Add To Ignore List  

I thought Prometheus(2012) was one of those movies you need to watch for the second time to really appreciate, but I was wrong. That movie is a train wreck.

Minor spoilers:
Someone would say that they left some questions unanswered on purpose, but when you put a skinny blonde girl in the movie that seems to be all important and stuff just so she could get laid with a big black captain(actual scene) and get killed by a spaceship that rolls on her like in Loony Tunes... then no, I think the scriptwriters and producers actually didn't know what to do with the plot and characters. Other characters were flat and boring as well. Only the android had some life in him, but his actions are completely unprovoked, unexplained, illogical... He just goes there knows how to open doors, how to infect people, how to fly a star ship and talk with the Aliens... I guess something had to move the plot from A to B.

4/10 Uninspired waste of 130 million dollars on such a great franchise. The only positive thing about it are the visuals (which they copied from the original movies). They intentionally attracted the audience by convincing them this was a prequel to Alien, they used the setting and visuals, and then they just threw it all away.

PS: There was a prequel/remake of The Thing released in 2011 which is a much better movie than this. At least they didn't try to reinvent the wheel and they stuck with the formula of the original. Of course it was a box office flop and probably nobody watched it because there were no big names connected to it.

Last edited by AntonioR; 11-14-2014 at 11:36 AM.
Old 11-14-2014, 11:36 AM   #44   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

How ... I watched that one it was okay but not 100%. I also watched that other one Total Recall awesome totally!
Old 11-14-2014, 11:47 AM   #45   Add To Ignore List  
Banned

I understand Prometheus at the 1st time of seeing, cause i have a friend which is a big Alien movie fan.
Old 11-14-2014, 11:54 AM   #46   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

I remembered watching Aliens and Predators and ghosts of mars. They were good. And resident evil thats good too.
Old 11-14-2014, 12:44 PM   #47   Add To Ignore List  

Since Alien is one of my most favorite movie franchises I have high standards. Even if I could forget the original movies and look at the movie as standalone film the plot development and flat characters make it a very mediocre and forgettable experience.

Last edited by AntonioR; 11-14-2014 at 12:46 PM.
Old 11-14-2014, 01:31 PM   #48   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

I'll just say I am pretty much the worst movie (or heck, even game) critic out there. I pretty much enjoy everything that I watch. I don't really bother trying to pinpoint plot holes or poor story arcs. Very few people ask for my opinion since I enjoy just about everything There are very few movies that I can say that I loathed.

With that being said, I actually liked Prometheus.
Old 11-14-2014, 01:49 PM   #49   Add To Ignore List  
Ugh-Zan III

Xmen Days of the future past...rather ok movie but my god scifi just can't do without time travel, can it.
https://www.artstation.com/artist/zocky
Old 11-14-2014, 03:47 PM   #50   Add To Ignore List  
Praise the Sun!

I watched John Wick. Did I mention I watched John Wick?

It was badassfully done! John mother-****ing Wick is a badass hitman, and he delivers some badass revenge to a bunch of unfortunate Russians.

But seriously, I think it's a great action movie. Would definitely rewatch it some day.

(What's with movies lately and Russians? Are they foreshadowing some cold war shit or what? Or are they more noticeable now that Russia is being all spooky like.)
Old 11-14-2014, 04:08 PM   #51   Add To Ignore List  

I wish I could watch some new movies like Interstellar in a movie theater, but the closets one is 60 km away

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMercy Rider View Post
I'll just say I am pretty much the worst movie (or heck, even game) critic out there. I pretty much enjoy everything that I watch. I don't really bother trying to pinpoint plot holes or poor story arcs. Very few people ask for my opinion since I enjoy just about everything There are very few movies that I can say that I loathed.

With that being said, I actually liked Prometheus.
Can you remember that scene when that alien ship fell down and started rolling and those two women ran in a straight line and didn't remember to simply go left or right. Then one got killed and other one was saved by a rock ? Loony tunes You must have found that silly in a movie like that.

Last edited by AntonioR; 11-14-2014 at 04:23 PM.
Old 11-14-2014, 06:15 PM   #52   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

I'm kinda similar when it comes to movies, or even series (especially Doctor Who). I just switch off my brain and try to enjoy them. Too bad, for me, I can't really enjoy movies nowadays, besides a few exceptions. Most of them are like this gloom and doom drama bs taking itself too seriously. I kinda wish movies were like back in the 80, 90s, when they took themselves utterly non-serious but still super brilliant! (At least, when it comes to the stupid blockbusters.)

Only with games I'm so nit-picky and choosy, even though I like most of the genres. But that's because games are my medium and my focus in life.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
Old 11-14-2014, 06:46 PM   #53   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

60 kms away? Wow, you must either be in a far off town from the city or they don't care about cinemas. In my city they are no cinemas in the city itself, though there is one about 3-4 kms from my house.
Old 11-14-2014, 07:36 PM   #54   Add To Ignore List  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
I'm kinda similar when it comes to movies, or even series (especially Doctor Who). I just switch off my brain and try to enjoy them. Too bad, for me, I can't really enjoy movies nowadays, besides a few exceptions. Most of them are like this gloom and doom drama bs taking itself too seriously. I kinda wish movies were like back in the 80, 90s, when they took themselves utterly non-serious but still super brilliant! (At least, when it comes to the stupid blockbusters.)
My brain is turned on/off depending on the movie. I watched few episodes of Doctor Who and I liked it. The show isn't meant to be taken seriously, so they can make that magic screwdriver do what ever they want as far as I'm concerned. But if the movie is taking itself seriously like you said, well, then it's a different story and I can't ignore if it's throwing random crap at me. I can't approach something like Ace Ventura and Shawshank Redemption the same way.

@Buzzy: Yeah, here where I live there is basically nothing. The nearest "city" is 60 km and it is a dump if you ask me. There is a town nearby but the only entertainment there are supermakets and cafes.

Last edited by AntonioR; 11-14-2014 at 07:41 PM.
Old 11-15-2014, 05:25 AM   #55   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

I liked doctor who the christopher eccleson and David Tennenant ones were best.
Old 11-15-2014, 05:41 AM   #56   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

I want Pacific Rim 2.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
Old 11-15-2014, 11:39 AM   #57   Add To Ignore List  
The one and only!

Thee Goat Pig is offline Send a message via ICQ to Thee Goat Pig Send a message via AIM to Thee Goat Pig

Just watched The Darjeeling Limited. I enjoyed it, as awkward as it was (as awkward as all Wes Anderson movies are). 8/10.
Yes...God is a sniper.:D - ZEN
Old 11-16-2014, 05:32 PM   #58   Add To Ignore List  

For some reason I was skipping Apollo 13 (1995) for 20 years, but with that Rosetta mission news and all I decided to watch it this time.

Really a great movie. What surprised me is that it all actually happened. Imagine being stuck in a broken space craft and have to fly around the Moon and back. I liked it much more than Gravity, you can't beat a real life story. A bit embarrassing I didn't know about what happened to Apollo 13 before.

Based on a true story/10
Old 11-17-2014, 01:01 PM   #59   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

I managed to watch Interstellar this weekend. I loved it a lot. Lots of great performances and I feel like a lot of emotions were logical given the experiences that were happening. While it is heavily Sci-Fi, there were a few parts that just seemed a bit too far fetched, but overall the movie was rooted in pretty solid theory. The ending got really weird though, but it worked well with the context. Definitely recommend it to folks.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:13 AM   #60   Add To Ignore List  
Hey ladies

Glowing Red Stove Top

Fiendian is offline Send a message via ICQ to Fiendian Send a message via MSN to Fiendian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_Vasile View Post
I watched John Wick. Did I mention I watched John Wick?

It was badassfully done! John mother-****ing Wick is a badass hitman, and he delivers some badass revenge to a bunch of unfortunate Russians.

But seriously, I think it's a great action movie. Would definitely rewatch it some day.
Saw it just over a week ago. A really good popcorn action film, what else would you expect, it's John goddamn Wick.

EDIT: Also saw Interstellar last weekend, great story, great acting, great audio and video effects, overall a solid package.

Mini-spoiler: It was a very nice touch how they made subtle moments early in the film influenced by events later in the film by playing around with spacetime a bit, I didn't see it coming at all and was like "Ooooohh, nice!" when it was revealed towards the end.

Last edited by Fiendian; 11-20-2014 at 12:23 AM.