Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > General > Arts & Entertainment

Arts & Entertainment Talk about the stuff that makes you jive! Music, art, movies, anime, TV, YouTube, whatever! You can even show off your creations here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-05-2014, 03:06 PM   #61   Add To Ignore List  

Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched

Anyone seen the trailer for the new Terminator movie ? It seems they mixed all the terminator movies including the TV series into one movie and made a giant hole in the time and space continuum.

Also I think if you watch the trailer you wont even have to watch the movie because of how much they showed.
Old 12-05-2014, 04:12 PM   #62   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

I just wanted to hear the new Sarah Connor shout "WHERE ARE MY DRRRAGONNNS!"

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:44 PM   #63   Add To Ignore List  
Hey ladies

Glowing Red Stove Top

Fiendian is offline Send a message via ICQ to Fiendian Send a message via MSN to Fiendian

I have only accepted Terminator 1 & 2's existence so far, I doubt this one will change a thing but you never know I guess.
Old 12-09-2014, 04:04 AM   #64   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

Terminator 3 was okay as well I guess. I haven't seen 1 and 4.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:42 AM   #65   Add To Ignore List  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiendian View Post
I have only accepted Terminator 1 & 2's existence so far, I doubt this one will change a thing but you never know I guess.
Same here. The problem is that the more they play with time travel the story starts to make less sense. Well, that could be said for every story that includes time travel.
Old 12-09-2014, 02:43 PM   #66   Add To Ignore List  
Ugh-Zan III

Guardians of the Galaxy. 9/10. I was really positively surprised by it. Especially the whole environments, the tech, the cities...just awesome.....
https://www.artstation.com/artist/zocky
Old 12-09-2014, 03:57 PM   #67   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Guardians of the Galaxy. Best superhero movie ever, while not being a superhero movie, instead of a classic sci-fi flick that we really needed for a long time now.

1 Sisko out of 1 Picard and 2 Kirks

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 12-09-2014, 05:59 PM   #68   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Talking the raccoon ? Niiice lol
Old 12-09-2014, 10:01 PM   #69   Add To Ignore List  
Black Star

Seriously! Creative Moderator

Frozen 9/10

I was really surprised that it was that good actually. I've felt with Elsa a lot in this. Olaf was also really enjoyable.

Last edited by Devostator; 12-09-2014 at 10:04 PM.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:08 PM   #70   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

Ive seen it at the start of year and yeah it was really good. Olaf is my fav and he's funny. Good movie.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:24 PM   #71   Add To Ignore List  
I AM YOUR REDEEMER

The Maze Runner:

The action was good, but me and my three friends were all left confused at to what the plot actually was, and not in a good way like Inception. I'm surprised it got such high reviews on IMDB.

Wow you failed so much in Life, that you need such things as fun. - Gnaarwarian
Last hax0red by Jetroid; 01-01-1970 at 12:00 AM.
Old 12-10-2014, 04:11 AM   #72   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Hmm, I think Frozen is a little bit overrated. I think the story was all over the place, especially in the second part. The songs were also "used up" too early, so the whole second half was without any.

Old 12-10-2014, 08:31 AM   #73   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

Yeah I think they should spread out the songs a little, but keep the action to the middle/end I really liked that part. The first bit was kinda saddening.
Old 12-10-2014, 03:10 PM   #74   Add To Ignore List  
Praise the Sun!

I saw Interstellar not long ago.

Awesome movie, really great and worth watching. It's no 2001: A Space Odyssey in my eyes, but it's damn well worth watching.
Old 12-10-2014, 03:14 PM   #75   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

I did like Frozen quite a bit. One of the better movies that Disney has created in many years. With that being said, having the media being over-saturated with Let it Go and everything related to Frozen has led me to never wanting to watch the movie again.
Old 12-10-2014, 06:53 PM   #76   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_Vasile View Post
I saw Interstellar not long ago.

Awesome movie, really great and worth watching. It's no 2001: A Space Odyssey in my eyes, but it's damn well worth watching.
I haven't seen that but my brother recommends it to me. I'd assume it'll be good.
Old 12-11-2014, 03:13 PM   #77   Add To Ignore List  

I watched Plan 9 from Outer Space (1959). 1/10, I don't have anything to say about it.
Old 12-11-2014, 05:53 PM   #78   Add To Ignore List  
Praise the Sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzy View Post
I haven't seen that but my brother recommends it to me. I'd assume it'll be good.
You should listen to your brother

When I said "it's no Space Odyssey" I kind of was just saying that so as not to overly hype it.

It really is a great science fiction film with proper space travel stuff and it's, well, just watch it

It is literally awesome as in awe inspiring.
Old 12-11-2014, 07:01 PM   #79   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

I was going to watch it when I have time
Old 12-14-2014, 08:35 PM   #80   Add To Ignore List  
The one and only!

Thee Goat Pig is offline Send a message via ICQ to Thee Goat Pig Send a message via AIM to Thee Goat Pig

(going back a few conversations)

I don't think any of the Terminator movies is really bad. I do think they get worse with each one, but none of them has crossed into bad territory yet. Yes, that's right, I didn't like 2 as much as 1. I was downright disappointed when I saw it in theaters actually. It breaks the continuity of 1, Arnold is pussified, I just didn't care for it as much. 3 was needed to correct that (the future needs to happen for people to be sent back to the past for the future to happen ). Sure, it had some problems, but not enough for me to hate it. 4 also had problems (too much redundant self sacrifice in the end), but still, wasn't bad, and introduced some interesting things.

I don't know what to think of Genesys, other than it has some cool visuals, and a terrible name.
Yes...God is a sniper.:D - ZEN
Old 12-14-2014, 10:05 PM   #81   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

What a coincidence I just watched Terminator 2 yesterday
Old 12-15-2014, 01:02 PM   #82   Add To Ignore List  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thee Goat Pig View Post
(going back a few conversations)

I don't think any of the Terminator movies is really bad. I do think they get worse with each one, but none of them has crossed into bad territory yet. Yes, that's right, I didn't like 2 as much as 1. I was downright disappointed when I saw it in theaters actually. It breaks the continuity of 1, Arnold is pussified, I just didn't care for it as much. 3 was needed to correct that (the future needs to happen for people to be sent back to the past for the future to happen ). Sure, it had some problems, but not enough for me to hate it. 4 also had problems (too much redundant self sacrifice in the end), but still, wasn't bad, and introduced some interesting things.

I don't know what to think of Genesys, other than it has some cool visuals, and a terrible name.
I feel more or less the same, none of the movies were bad. I would compare terminator 1 and 2 with Alien 1 and 2. First movies were more horror/thriller, while the second ones were more a blockbuster action movie. All were very good in its own way.

T 3 was just more of the same, felt like they were just trying to milk the franchise a bit more and I didn't like it much. It had no fresh ideas.

T 4 was an OK idea, but could have been much better if the world was more like in T 1 and 2 flashbacks. It should have been a bit more futuristic and darker, you know, like the 80s vision of the robot apocalypse.
Old 12-15-2014, 01:22 PM   #83   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Slayer

10/10. Great acting, fun theme and setting. Really enjoyed it! It's a funny twist but a serious movie.
Old 12-15-2014, 02:32 PM   #84   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

The book was better.

Old 12-17-2014, 04:03 PM   #85   Add To Ignore List  
Praise the Sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan View Post
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Slayer

10/10. Great acting, fun theme and setting. Really enjoyed it! It's a funny twist but a serious movie.
I need to rewatch that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMercy Rider View Post
The book was better.

May be, but the only thing I know for real is that I'll probably never know that for myself.

Also, I watched Noah recently. The 2014 one. Why the **** did I even watch it...

I think it's almost so bad it's almost good...

That rock giant CGI seems so bad and cheesy. Noah himself is such a total dick-ass. I didn't know Russell Crowe can play a character I'd hate in some way, so I guess that's impressive...

The main "Bad Guy" was cool (played by Ray Winstone, can't say I really know of him, but he made for a great "bad guy" I'd say). Also the character played by Anthony Hopkins was fun.

(Also I can never get over the whole incest aspect of any Noah story... You can't ****in save a species with two specimens of different genders, or maybe you can, I'm no biologist, but it just seems... absurd. Just, all that incest!)

So idk, 5/10 - IGN?

I don't like giving numbered ratings, let's just say I wouldn't recommend it

Last edited by evil_Vasile; 12-17-2014 at 04:13 PM.
Old 12-17-2014, 06:52 PM   #86   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

Abraham Lincoln... Vampire slayer. Only watched the first quarter to the end, but that parts good so I give that a 8/10.
Old 12-20-2014, 03:56 AM   #87   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

I give it a 42.
Old 12-20-2014, 06:42 AM   #88   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

Woah ... I'm gonna rewatch it as well full and see how it goes. How it rates ..
Old 12-20-2014, 07:31 PM   #89   Add To Ignore List  

Watched Sunshine from 2007. I really like this type of lite sci-fi space movies, but unfortunately this is one of those that feels like the screenwriter and the director went out of ideas at the 1 hour mark. It's not zombies this time, but it's pretty damn close. The director said he was inspired by 2001, Alien and Solaris... and that's about it. If you are inspired by something, at least try to add something yours to it. Also the "zombie" part feels like it was stolen from Event Horizon, which was much better IMO.

I also watched Watchmen (2009). It was a bit messy, like the director didn't know should it be a film-noir, action movie or a quest of self exploration. But kudos for the ending, it's really a refreshing idea for how to save the world.

Last edited by AntonioR; 12-20-2014 at 07:39 PM.
Old 12-22-2014, 02:02 PM   #90   Add To Ignore List  
The one and only!

Thee Goat Pig is offline Send a message via ICQ to Thee Goat Pig Send a message via AIM to Thee Goat Pig

The Last Stand - 8/10

A fun return to movies for Arnold Schwarzenegger after his stint in the governors office. The action was fun, the characters were fun, the jokes made me laugh. I have to take points off for some of the action being a little over the top though. Yes, that's right, I want my action scenes to make more sense than they do in movies. When multiple people that are militarily trained are firing a thousand bullets at one target, I expect that target to get filled with holes. Also, there is a bit with a Corvette vs an SUV, it would have ended with a crushed Corvette...

Sabotage (yes, more Arnold) - 7/10

What was supposed to be a suspense/thriller movie was retooled by the studio to be more action oriented. I can understand that, but I can see what the director was originally going for as well. Without seeing what was originally filmed, I can't say how much better it would have been, but I can see how it wasn't as good as it could have been. Still entertaining, still worth watching, but the action brings it down again, with some of the same complaints about the last one. Too many bullets flying without anyone targetted getting hit (though it does show what can happen to bystanders), trained marksmen not hitting their targets in way too close situations to miss, and stuff like that.

Jack Reacher - 7/10

It was a 9/10 up until the final gun battle. I'm tired of climactic firefights. I would have enjoyed it more if he had taken the info to the FBI like he threatened to do. But anyway, I really enjoyed the parts where he was using actual detective skills to figure out what was going on and who was playing what part around him. I can also see in the way things played out how the story was written for a 6'-5" behemoth of a man and not a shorty like Tom Cruise.

Don Jon

I don't know how to rate it right now. I guess it was well made and I enjoyed it a bit, but something inside me isn't allowing a number to be affixed to it.
Yes...God is a sniper.:D - ZEN