Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > General > Off Topic Forum

Off Topic Forum Discuss anything and everything in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-03-2003, 10:04 AM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Quoth is offline Send a message via ICQ to Quoth Send a message via AIM to Quoth Send a message via MSN to Quoth
Default Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne

The Warcraft expansion has been out a month now (I'm now finally ordering it) - when Reign of Chaos came out we had a huge thread, does anyone here have the expansion now? Am I the only one still playing Warcraft (classic or Throne)? I'd love to play a few games with forum members, battle.net is so competetive it's hard to get a good old fashioned fun game. Anyway, my new account is Ascetic on europe server, but I play on US sometimes, so if anyone wants a game, put your account down here.
Old 08-03-2003, 07:23 PM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Residant Player

DaPlaya is offline Send a message via ICQ to DaPlaya

I have the expansion, i got it for my b-day (july 27th).
my advice about single player is play it on hard mode, don't touch normal mode. i finished the whole first campaign in one day on normal mode (wasn't my first time through though). Also those bonus campaigns are adictive as hell.

I'm:
DaPlaya on Lorderon

I'm entering The Frozen Throne Torunament 1 on 1 that will be happening this weekend (the 9th or something) on Lorderon Battle.net.
The tournaments are quite fun things to play (i did try the 2 on 2 but it was rather hard to find a team mate).
Your foe is well equipped, well-trained, battle-hardened. He Believes his gods are on his side. Let him believe what he will. We have the tanks on ours.
Life is a prison, death shall be my release
"If we fail, then I was not destened to rule, and am deserving of my death"
Old 08-03-2003, 11:57 PM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Direwolf Founder

BurnHavoc is offline Send a message via ICQ to BurnHavoc Send a message via AIM to BurnHavoc Send a message via MSN to BurnHavoc Send a message via Yahoo to BurnHavoc

I;ve been playing it with my friends from the day it came out
If I were not an atheist, I would believe in a God who would choose to save people on the basis of the totality of their lives and not the pattern of their words. I think he would prefer an honest and righteous atheist to a TV preacher whose every word is God, God, God, and whose every deed is foul, foul, foul.
- Issac Asimov

Wii Number [2504 6833 4090 9541]
Old 11-22-2003, 08:05 PM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Cuppa tea?

I got this about a month ago... Bestr expansion pack for a game that ive played in a VERY long time... well worth the money..
Old 11-23-2003, 12:27 AM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
The Village Idiot

berbano is offline Send a message via ICQ to berbano Send a message via AIM to berbano

Very good expansion. The normal campaign is a bit easy, but very well done. Gotta love the Crypt Lord too .
Old 11-23-2003, 12:30 AM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Cuppa tea?

You know what i enjoyed the most... when you go to costum game and select the lil game where you have to walk a single hero through the city... PIMP little sub game....
Old 11-23-2003, 01:07 AM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Direwolf Founder

BurnHavoc is offline Send a message via ICQ to BurnHavoc Send a message via AIM to BurnHavoc Send a message via MSN to BurnHavoc Send a message via Yahoo to BurnHavoc

Yeah, there are going to be 2 more chapters of that

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.blizzard.com
October 29, 2003
Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos & The Frozen Throne Patch Update
Now that the Diablo II 1.10 patch is available on Battle.net, the next Warcraft III update, patch 1.13, has gone into the final stages of testing. The patch will include many significant additions, including Acts II and III of the Orc Campaign, several new World Editor features, updates to many of the maps, and numerous balance adjustments. We expect it to be released in the next few weeks. Prior to the patch’s release, we will also be changing the lineup of maps currently available for ladder play.

In addition to the patch, we will also be releasing the art tools used for Warcraft III. These tools will allow advanced users to create and implement new art in the game, adding an unprecedented level of customization.

As always, we thank you for your patience and support.
and a bonus for custom game developers (Custom Games in some cases outclass the normal multiplayer. Hell, one custom game set (Defense of the Ancients) had mods that blizzard used when they made Frozen Throne (Where do you think the "Blink" ability came from? DotA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.blizzard.com
Warcraft III Art Tools Now Available!
The Warcraft III Art Tools are now available for download. Comprising a set of plugins for Discreet®’s 3ds max®, these tools allow advanced users to create, modify, and quickly preview models and animations, including particle and ribbon effects, that can be used in custom maps created with Warcraft III’s World Editor. Please note that Blizzard does not directly support the Warcraft III Art Tools, and the technical support staff will not be able to respond to any related inquiries. However, detailed and illustrated instructions on how to use the software are included with the download, and we have also created a new forum for Warcraft III Art Tools users.
If I were not an atheist, I would believe in a God who would choose to save people on the basis of the totality of their lives and not the pattern of their words. I think he would prefer an honest and righteous atheist to a TV preacher whose every word is God, God, God, and whose every deed is foul, foul, foul.
- Issac Asimov

Wii Number [2504 6833 4090 9541]

Last edited by BurnHavoc; 11-23-2003 at 01:11 AM.
Old 11-23-2003, 10:39 AM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
Recursively Defined

Walt is offline Send a message via ICQ to Walt Send a message via AIM to Walt Send a message via MSN to Walt Send a message via Yahoo to Walt

It's an entertaining expansion pack, yes, but it didn't capture my interest. RTS games don't tend to. I thought the tower defense secret level was...interesting.
Old 11-23-2003, 11:29 AM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
Mental

strossos is offline Send a message via AIM to strossos

I have the original warcraft game and I just use it to play UMS (use map settings) games all the time, tower defence.. Yea, thats where it is at.
Old 11-23-2003, 08:09 PM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
Residant Player

DaPlaya is offline Send a message via ICQ to DaPlaya

i have to say i did love the first level in the orc campaign when i played it for the first time, it alomst seems like they are attempting to blend warcraft 3 into world of warcraft style gameplay .. i cant wait for that next patch, then only 2 more levels remaining before i can finish the orc campaign fully.

anyone tryed playing a 12 player free for all, with just you and 11 INSANE class AI players?
they're not that hard to defeat overall.
Your foe is well equipped, well-trained, battle-hardened. He Believes his gods are on his side. Let him believe what he will. We have the tanks on ours.
Life is a prison, death shall be my release
"If we fail, then I was not destened to rule, and am deserving of my death"