Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam 4

Serious Sam 4 The place to talk about Croteam's next title: Serious Sam 4! What do you know? What do you hope to see in the next Sam game?

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-22-2017, 05:41 AM   #211   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Default Re: SS4 new enemy ideas

Let me try another enemy with another different function:

Elektronist

Description: A strange natural supporting enemy.

Health: About 2 rockets worth of hp.

Attacks: Elektronist shoots out what could be described as antiprojectiles. They have a slow speed. About the speed between player walking and player running. These projectiles have a huge 30 splash radius. However, to neutralize the antiprojectile, you (or any enemy) have to bump into the projectile which neutralizes it.

While these enemies aren't dangerous on their own, with other enemies they would often change the way you approach the battle.
Old 07-22-2017, 06:23 AM   #212   Add To Ignore List  
Zumbul

Torpedo kamikazes from Random Encounter - Plz add them to the main game. They would behave like underwater sirian bulls (that means you can doge their charge) but they will explode on contact with you and terrain. I think they would have to have 10 hp.

Big Marsh Hopper - it will run at you then it would stop at some distance and prepare to do a big leap at you. When it hits the ground it explodes. 60 hp. You would be able to doge the jump by going directly at the enemy position just after it leaped. I do not think that we currently have such attack doge in the game.

Also I want a tweak to the lava golem. Each time it does a flinch animation it also does an explosion that hurts nearby enemies (other golems are not affected).

Other than that I don't have ideas for whole enemies but i got some properties that some enemies could have:
  • enemy runs or hits a bit faster when it has less hp (it would disincentive the usage of rapid fire weapons like minigun in favor of 1 hit 1 kill weapons like shotgun, rocket launcher etc)
  • enemy has projectiles that are dogeable by simply crouching
  • enemy instead of having flinch animation instantly teleports to some random location (not too far away from current position)
  • enemy that will start attacking other enemies when they have hurt it (I think it would enable some cool plays where we purposely bait other enemies to attack this enemy)

Last edited by majan_pl; 07-22-2017 at 06:31 AM.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:22 PM   #213   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

I would actually like an enemy that can avoid you by crouching. Perhaps it would be some kind of ...headhunter. I wouldn't want it to fire something superfast though. Perhaps with a projectile like this:

http://www.clker.com/cliparts/z/n/4/z/Q/b/radio-waves-hi.png

As for enemy that gains speed when losing power, this could also be an interesting addition.

Teleporting flinching enemy could be a bit tough decision. I remember there is an idea somewhere about enemy with multiple lives where upon every death, its "core" moves away from its position of death or something like that.

I don't know about an enemy that attacks other enemies when hurt. Perhaps another kamikaze-type unit?
Old 07-27-2017, 05:53 AM   #214   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Let me try one more:

What about an enemy whose attacks vary depending on (targeted) player's health?

Let me try:

Endurance: 4 rockets.

Attacks:

Player having 1-25 health+armor: Shoots a single projectile at the player in that's significantly slower than beheaded rocketeer's projectile.

26-50 health+ armor: Shoots simultaneously 2 projectiles at the player: 1 that's significantly slower than beheaded rocketeer's projectile and one that's almost as fast as beheaded rocketeer's projectile.

51-75 health+ armor; Same as above but in addition, shoots 2 projectiles (significantly slower than beheaded rocketeer's) sideways.

76-100 health+ armor: Same as above but instead of shooting projectiles sideways, it shoots 2 projectiles each side in the same manner as it shoots projectiles in the front.

101-150 health+ armor: Same as above but fires those 2 projectiles in the front twice per attack.

151-200 health+ armor: Same as above but also fires those 2 projectiles per side twice per attack.

200-299 health+ armor: In addition to above, fires a concentric ring that expands outwards and needs to be jumped over (at least when being on flat ground). Other enemies are immune to this attack.

300-400 health+ armor: In addition to above, fires another concentric ring shortly after first one that expands outwards that needs to be crouched under (at least when being on flat ground). Other enemies are immune to this attack as well.

So interesting thing about this enemy is that priority of taking this enemy down depends on your own health. When having near maximum health, it should be taken care of fairly soon but when having low health, it becomes a very low priority target.
Old 07-27-2017, 12:10 PM   #215   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

An enemy like above reminds me of an enemy that should use (as damage) something like shock waves, wind or whichever like one that launches a vortex at you, or blows the player away or something.. Crouching could be a tactic certain enemies should use as well, and jumping if so..(like they slowly approach you) or maybe an enemy with a giant shield that blocks most attacks.... I am also thinking of an enemy like the alpha fishman enemy as well...
Old 07-27-2017, 02:20 PM   #216   Add To Ignore List  
Zumbul

Two new ideas:
  • Enemy that will die on its own even when it takes only 1 hp. It will lose hp gradually on it's own (bleed to death).
  • Enemy that will keep on living for X amount of seconds after it has reached 0 HP. Additional damage taken in that period won't speed up it's death (I think that this would be a cool variation of Kamikaze).

Also a possible tweak to my previous idea
Quote:
Originally Posted by majan_pl View Post
  • enemy instead of having flinch animation instantly teleports to some random location (not too far away from current position)
Instead of teleport it could have fast sideway dash.

Last edited by majan_pl; 07-27-2017 at 02:25 PM.
Old 07-27-2017, 03:52 PM   #217   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Quote:
Two new ideas:
  • Enemy that will keep on living for X amount of seconds after it has reached 0 HP. Additional damage taken in that period won't speed up it's death (I think that this would be a cool variation of Kamikaze).

I think something similar was suggested before. More precisely, enemy that can cast other enemies to have such attribute.

Another function I tried to came up with is something like that:

An enemy that takes damage worth of 6 rockets to kill. When it spawns, its attacks are rather dangerous but after receiving 1 rocket worth of damage, it is severely weakened and becomes rather low priority target.

Fighting this enemy alone would be rather anticlimatic but when there are multiple of them or they're combined with other enemies, things get more interesting.
Rather than focus-firing them down, a better strategy is to just shoot them for a bit so you could deal with other enemies, including unweakened versions of these enemies. Once higher-priority enemies are gone, you can finish them off.
Old 07-30-2017, 07:14 AM   #218   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

That being said (enemy that lasts a few seconds before dying) should have the opportunity to score a few shots to the player, probably like the walkers did on the original SS where they shot an additional rocket once killed; except in the case this one would be for a bit longer, and the time can be random so the player could be unexpectedly shot if thinking that he shot and killed the enemy.
Old 08-06-2017, 07:45 PM   #219   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

What about a neutral enemy or enemies? As in enemies that only attack you when provoked. Think of the giants in Skyrim. The sand dune whale things in SS3 kind of fall under this category but I was thinking creatures that are actually in the level and not just a barrier surrounding the perimeter. I think it would add an interesting layer of strategy. If these neutral "enemies" all attack you it would be virtually impossible to survive but you can avoid them if you're careful enough. Oh, and they will attack Mental's minions if they piss them off.
Old 08-06-2017, 07:51 PM   #220   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Sort of like minigun turrets?
Old 08-06-2017, 07:55 PM   #221   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Not really. Minigun turrets are not provoked, they're just turned on or off. And they're stationary. I'm thinking a thinking entity that's mobile.
Old 08-08-2017, 02:32 PM   #222   Add To Ignore List  
Zumbul

Quote:
Quote:

I didnt realize that very similiar enemy is already in THL :d

Anyway I think I came up with an enemy projectile idea that would encourage the usage of shotgun. It has this properties:
  • It is a swarm of projectiles that flies together towards sam (there is a set distance between each projectile)
  • They are undestroyable for the most part.
  • Each x seconds they will change color for a brief moment and Sam will be able to shoot them down
The idea is that single shotgun shoot will be able to destory them all at the same time while with rapid fire weapons it will be impossible (you would need few color changes to kill them all). Rocket launcher could be used as well when timed correctly but I think that the slow rocket speed would make it hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordAngus View Post
What about a neutral enemy or enemies? As in enemies that only attack you when provoked. Think of the giants in Skyrim. The sand dune whale things in SS3 kind of fall under this category but I was thinking creatures that are actually in the level and not just a barrier surrounding the perimeter. I think it would add an interesting layer of strategy. If these neutral "enemies" all attack you it would be virtually impossible to survive but you can avoid them if you're careful enough. Oh, and they will attack Mental's minions if they piss them off.
I like this idea. It is like those additional challenges that 1hp pills secrets give you. I also like it being able to attack other enemies.

Last edited by majan_pl; 08-08-2017 at 02:35 PM.
Old 08-10-2017, 05:43 AM   #223   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

I liked the really awesome and silly idea of how (i think on one secret in Babel) there is a giant gizmo and upon killing it, baby gizmos or parasite-like gizmos (mini multi-enemy boss) come at you, quite funny and health draining (if unprepared for it though) but that was a really cool and funny idea on that level when collecting a small pill. It's also funny how it is in plain sight as well.