Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Gaming > Serious Sam

Serious Sam This is the place to discuss anything that either spans multiple games or doesn't fit with one specific game!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-20-2017, 11:21 AM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Master of Kalamzoo
 
Captain_Russia's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Tropico
 
Captain_Russia is offline
Default Bogus Detour Officially hits the store page today

http://store.steampowered.com/app/27..._Bogus_Detour/

As of June 20nd, the game can now be bought for $15 (minus the promo)
__________________
It's been an honor to be have been part of this site for so long
captainrussiacptnrss07@gmail.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 06:44 PM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem
 
Dave3d's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
 
Dave3d is offline
Default Re: Bogus Detour Officially hits the store page today

I just saw this on gog.

I just want to ask devolver: Can you make any other Sam game (besides Croteam) NOT top-down or side scroller?
I think they are wasting what could be good fps/tps Sam games (of course only CT gets to do AAA Sam), while watering down the Sam name with these, I hate to say it, Gearbox gay, over the top (not in a good way), pixelly shooter type games.
On the surface they have everything we want: Coop, MP, Shooting, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH, etc. But, they are just so, I again hate to say it, stupid (looking. I have only played the very 1st game which was double d I think? and it was ok. But re-doing the same game over and over and over in top-down and side scrollers is getting boring. And, the whole retro thing? Why not make it with zombies also?).
AND charging $15 for what is essentially a free type mobile game on android or ios?


Sure, you are getting the Sam name out there, but at what cost?
When CT's AAA game comes out, is anyone even going to notice with this rash of throwaway mobile games thats been released over the years?
I dont know....

Sorry it sounds harsh.
I just wish they would do more with the IP than what they are doing.

Last edited by Dave3d; 06-22-2017 at 04:32 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 04:30 AM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy
 
Solais's Avatar
 
Croteam Representative
Joined: Nov 2009
 
Solais is offline
Default Re: Bogus Detour Officially hits the store page today

You are objectively wrong. Especially if you think it's a "free type mobile game". This thing took years to develop and hard work. It got a lot of content and its quality is top notch. It even does some things better than CT's mainline Sam games. You are not just harsh, but incredibly insulting towards the developers. It's like if you spit in their face because they dared to make a game.
__________________
Since Old Lost Age I Shine

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop


While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.

Last edited by Solais; 06-21-2017 at 04:33 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 07:32 AM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜
 
Scratch's Avatar
 
Crackshell Developer
Joined: May 2007
Location: Heiloo, Netherlands
 
Scratch is offline
Default Re: Bogus Detour Officially hits the store page today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave3d View Post
I have only played the very 1st game which was double d I think? and it was ok. But re-doing the same game over and over and over in top-down and side scrollers is getting boring.
Why is that different than Croteam releasing 3D Sam games over and over and over again?

Also I'd love to hear some ideas for "do more".
__________________
I'm a cat by the way. I'm also everyone's most hated critic.
(Opinions expressed are my own)

Nimble Writer - now available on Steam, Itch.io.
CodeCat, my blog that I need to update - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution or Bogus Detour. Please use the appropriate community hubs for that.)
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 08:56 AM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen
 
Discy's Avatar
 
Seriously! Khnum
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: The Netherlands
 
Discy is offline
Default Re: Bogus Detour Officially hits the store page today

I'm normally not at all into pixel art top down shooters, but Serious Sam's Bogus Detour is the shit in the awesomest way possible. The developers put a lot of time, effort and love into it and it's definitely not cheapening the Serious Sam franchise. It has a lot of depth, attention to detail and longevity for the amount of money you'd pay. To answer your question about the retro style, the credits of the game has six developers. That's six guys who made this whole game with sprites, so every frame of every 'model' has to be drawn by the artist. Animated stuff like players and monsters have to draw it for every angle used (so eight times).

This post isn't meant as an attack, I'm just saying it might not be your type of game but don't judge it by its deceiving cover.
__________________
"Is there any better Gerüstbaufirmenvorarbeiterschlüsselanhängerfarbenwasserlöslichkeitskontrollchemiker than discy? No!" -Shrinker
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty


Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:48 PM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum
 
Artman40's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Location: House in suburbs
 
Artman40 is offline
Default Re: Bogus Detour Officially hits the store page today

Let's see the gameplay...

...and you can't 100% run this game.
__________________
◉⏝◉
█▓▒░▒▓█▓▒░▒▓█▓▒░▒▓█
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 02:23 PM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy
 
Solais's Avatar
 
Croteam Representative
Joined: Nov 2009
 
Solais is offline
Default Re: Bogus Detour Officially hits the store page today

What do you mean? As far as I know, there are no infinite spawners in the game.
__________________
Since Old Lost Age I Shine

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop


While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 03:08 PM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen
 
Discy's Avatar
 
Seriously! Khnum
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: The Netherlands
 
Discy is offline
Default Re: Bogus Detour Officially hits the store page today

I think he means this new thing where you're not allowed to lock your player up.
__________________
"Is there any better Gerüstbaufirmenvorarbeiterschlüsselanhängerfarbenwasserlöslichkeitskontrollchemiker than discy? No!" -Shrinker
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty


Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 03:31 PM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp
 
NoMercy Rider's Avatar
 
Seriously! Beardmaster
Joined: Jun 2001
Location: Oregon, USA
 
NoMercy Rider is offline
Default Re: Bogus Detour Officially hits the store page today

Also worth mentioning... Devolver has no control over the Serious Sam IP. AFAIK, Croteam has full control over the Serious Sam IP, Devolver just acts as the marketing and distribution side of business. So if you want to blame anybody... Blame Croteam

With all that being said, it seems pretty shallow to judge a game solely because it consists of pixelated graphics. I think a top down shooter is the absolute perfect genre for Serious Sam. Not to mention Hotline Miami is one of my favorite games... So I am really excited for this game.

And to mention that this game won't have lasting appeal is just silly. This is made by the same developers who made Hammerwatch. A game that did very well and still has a strong following.
__________________
Requiescat en Pace.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 04:41 AM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy
 
Solais's Avatar
 
Croteam Representative
Joined: Nov 2009
 
Solais is offline
Default Re: Bogus Detour Officially hits the store page today

Also easy to use map editor.
__________________
Since Old Lost Age I Shine

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop


While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 04:11 PM   #11   Add To Ignore List  
Master of Kalamzoo
 
Captain_Russia's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Tropico
 
Captain_Russia is offline
Default Re: Bogus Detour Officially hits the store page today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
You are objectively wrong. Especially if you think it's a "free type mobile game". This thing took years to develop and hard work. It got a lot of content and its quality is top notch. It even does some things better than CT's mainline Sam games. You are not just harsh, but incredibly insulting towards the developers. It's like if you spit in their face because they dared to make a game.
Croteam still has a better idea then most 'sub-par AAA companies who arn't indie'. And what I mean is: They don't ask for kickstarters like alot have lately, they make cheap-filler games to pay for the major ones; if I recall, that's what HD was; a means to help pay for the making of SS3.
__________________
It's been an honor to be have been part of this site for so long
captainrussiacptnrss07@gmail.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 04:11 PM   #12   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem
 
Dave3d's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
 
Dave3d is offline
Default Re: Bogus Detour Officially hits the store page today

Sorry, I didnt like hotline miami either.
I have played a lot of top down games, that are more 3d type than this game seems to be. This game, from the video's shown, is like a flat map, with characters on top of the map. Its not even like the 2d/3d type games of old, from the video's.

And Solias, I am sorry if you worked on it, and got your feelings hurt. But other people have opinions besides you. And just because someone made something, whether its a video game or something in the real life world (something you can touch/feel/handle), and it took them years or even just months to do, doesnt mean its good, just because they spent time making it.
Will other people like it? Most definitely, as lots have posted here that like it.

But, you need a hard look at yourself, because you get all pissed off at people who say anything bad about either a sam game, or anything that has been coded.
I have endured 14 YEARS (actually, I still take shit even though I dont work there any more, so 17 years of shit) of people telling me I am shit, and that Symantec/Norton is shit, and everything that comes out of the Symantec/Norton facilities is shit.
I dont take it as someone spitting in my face, or pissing on me, or shitting all over me, even though I had spent years working on a project and people didnt like it.

People have opinions, its life. Some people dont like some things, others do.
Get a thicker skin, buddy. You are going to need it to get through life.
And, as someone who works for Croteam, your posts reflect on CT also.

And, for others, as to doing more with the IP?
How about a Third Person Shooter?
How about a First Person Shooter that isnt triple A, but maybe just a short jaunt of a game (maybe 4-5 hours of play, kinda like Homefront, or EDITED: Remembered the game name: Bulletstorm), or maybe something episodic, like the new Hitman games do it, a short little game that you can play for a little bit, but isnt side scroller or top down? How about a just MP game (although I know these are hard to get people into, and the cost might not come back, but a free online shooter with pay for skins of people, weapons, XP deals, stuff like that)?
Something new we can look forward to the next REAL SS game, and not just a pixel game. Something that will remind people that SS is a SERIOUS game, and a AAA game, that AAA is where its roots came from and still are.
I know SS: HD's were for that thing in the first place (and maybe to guage interest in a new game), but NOT keeping that going is not a good thing, especially with no hype around a new SS game, no E3 precence ever, no global SS precence ever (until just before the game releases, and then it isnt a really big announcement usually). I think new games that are in the tradition of the original games wouuld keep that FPS crown looking forward to more, and that giving them side scrollers and top down shooters may be hurting the series (even though it IS getting the SS name out there, its getting it out there as sidescrollers and top down shooters, what most people nowadays would consider phone/tablet type games).

I am not trying to deride anyone, or their work (and in my 1st post, I think I was trying to say 'RASH', but ended up with both 'rash' and 'trash' somehow, probably because I had just taken my pain pills, and it had just kicked in (and, I write something, then try to go back and re-write ite it, and end up with some things in the wrong place, and doubles of something I had written, and mispellings all of the time). It should have read 'a rash of these type of games'. So, I am sorry that I did say 'trash', but I really didnt mean to. I meant to to say 'rash'.
I am going to edit the original post to remove what I had written, since it wasnt what was meant to be said. And my apologies to those who read it and got hurt by it.
(its not the worst typo I have had. I had actually written a short review of a game that said it 'SHOULD have blown chuncks' (but it didnt), and instead wrote 'Should have blown chinks', and I ended up getting an infraction for it, and it was just a mis-spelling, heh).

Last edited by Dave3d; 06-22-2017 at 06:35 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 04:18 PM   #13   Add To Ignore List  
Master of Kalamzoo
 
Captain_Russia's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Tropico
 
Captain_Russia is offline
Default Re: Bogus Detour Officially hits the store page today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave3d View Post
But, you need a hard look at yourself, because you get all pissed off at people who say anything bad about either a sam game, or anything that has been coded.
I have endured 14 YEARS (actually, I still take shit even though I dont work there any more, so 17 years of shit) of people telling me I am shit, and that Symantec/Norton is shit, and everything that comes out of the Symantec/Norton facilities is shit.
I dont take it as someone spitting in my face, or pissing on me, or shitting all over me, even though I had spent years working on a project and people didnt like it.

People have opinions, its life. Some people dont like some things, others do.
Consider your a guy who says he's not social (and has a fully private-uncustomized steam profile to prove it), I don't buy this. Solaris is the main-gate staff between SS's loyal players and Croteam itself. You? I don't think so, you don't want to get involved in 7smoke and are hardly involved in S! affairs (yet Louva has kept you player of the week in the group :p)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave3d View Post
Get a thicker skin, buddy. You are going to need it to get through life.
I think he has, he's legit enough he works for Croteam, He's made some of the best mods for the games, and he deals with (as mentioned above) direct player>Croteam interactions, could be wrong on this, but that's what I see him doing most of the time here, anyways enough said.

Don't know why your getting your pants all bunched up Dave

EDIT: As far as I see it, Dave just doesn't like BDTour's style simply because it's retro and he feels that it should be cheaper just because of that because "Graphics define the valve of a game"
Anyways, if Drama starts up, atleast it wasn't my fault this time, I've said my piece and if Dave&Solaris wanna knock heads go right ahead (Or you know, lock the topic? Up to you)
__________________
It's been an honor to be have been part of this site for so long
captainrussiacptnrss07@gmail.com

Last edited by Captain_Russia; 06-22-2017 at 04:22 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 04:57 PM   #14   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem
 
Dave3d's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
 
Dave3d is offline
Default Re: Bogus Detour Officially hits the store page today

I was actually trying to think about the Sam franchise, and it NOT being started to being looked at as an'Indie' type of company, that makes only pixelly or top down type games, instead of triple A type games like the past SS games HAVE been.
They havent released a game since SS3: BFE, and that was what? 2011?
All the new gamers now know about SS is these indie games.
When CT releases a new game, what are they going to think? Oh, a new mobile type game, ok, whatever.

Thats what I was trying to get across.

But, I dont always word things well, and most times people dont get what I am trying to say.

As for me being a private person Captain? What does that have anything to do with my personal opinion?
What does THIS discussion, about a totally different game, have to do with Louva and 7Smoke?
Nothing, thats what.
Sorry, that right there earned you an 'Ignore' forever from me.

As for what is it? I am on top of whose list for what? I know nothing about this.

This has nothing to do with anything but my opinion about the choice of games that has been coming out with the SS name on them, and the future of the SS franchise.

And, I already appoologized for the original post.
Here is another appology, if the 1st one wasnt clear enough:
I am sorry that I had posted what I had posted. It contained an error that should not have been in the post. I take full responsibility for the error. It is my fault, since I should have done more due diligence in reading and editing what I had written. I was not trying to trash the game, the developers, or anyone even remotely related to the game.

Is that appology clear enough?

And, thank you Solias for pointing that out to me.
But, I think it could have been better worded. Also, I appologize to you personally, as my reply could have been a lot less harsh, and also better worded.

Last edited by Dave3d; 06-22-2017 at 05:09 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 07:09 PM   #15   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen
 
Discy's Avatar
 
Seriously! Khnum
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: The Netherlands
 
Discy is offline
Default Re: Bogus Detour Officially hits the store page today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Russia View Post
EDIT: As far as I see it, Dave just doesn't like BDTour's style simply because it's retro and he feels that it should be cheaper just because of that because "Graphics define the valve of a game"
Anyways, if Drama starts up, atleast it wasn't my fault this time, I've said my piece and if Dave&Solaris wanna knock heads go right ahead (Or you know, lock the topic? Up to you)
I'd just like to point out that your tone isn't helping anything. Your post is pretty contentious and disrespectful towards Dave. Having a private profile and not being a part of Croteam does not invalidate his personal opinion. And the fact that someone takes time and energy to be part of a Serious Sam community is enough, and frankly I think you owe Dave an apology for saying he's hardly involved in affairs because he has gone above and beyond by hosting games (which you took plenty of part in, as you might recall) for as long as he was physically able. Maybe you missed that part: He didn't quit hosting events because he got bored but because he was physically unable to. Discussion is great, but you should be respectful to others and Dave has already apologized for the way his post was worded and could have been misinterpreted.

That's all there is to say, the discussion between Dave and Solais has recovered itself so locking isn't necessary and further off-topic discussion should be taken to private messages.
__________________
"Is there any better Gerüstbaufirmenvorarbeiterschlüsselanhängerfarbenwasserlöslichkeitskontrollchemiker than discy? No!" -Shrinker
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty


Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 02:15 AM   #16   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy
 
Solais's Avatar
 
Croteam Representative
Joined: Nov 2009
 
Solais is offline
Default Re: Bogus Detour Officially hits the store page today

I didn't work on the game, I'm just simply saying that it's insulting to just spit on developers like that. Did you play the game? Did you try it? Because if not, your feedback on its quality is invalid. If you played the game and didn't like it, that's okay, you can say why you didn't like it and that's good feedback.

It's okay if you don't like its genre or looks and don't want to play it either., that's normal. But if you don't even play it, don't give it a chance, then you really have no say about the overall quality of the game without actually checking it. Or saying that its developers are bad. Especially how you say that they shouldn't even charge money for their hard work. That part is the most insulting. (Also platformers and top-down shooters are not mobile/tablet games, how they could be when mobiles don't even have proper controls for such games? I think you are thinking about the wrong genres.)

As for Croteam not releasing a new game since SS3: That's wrong, because Talos Principle. And since then the only SS game released was Bogus Detour... oh wait, no, because they released SSVR: The Last Hope, TFE VR and TSE VR as well. And Serious Sam Fusion 2017. I'm sure people will see the series as FPS still. One single top-down twin-stick shooter won't change that. (And if you think I'm not thick skinned enough, just visit the Steam forums for Fusion. That's what I have to deal with daily.)

Anyways, that's my 2 cents on this. You didn't need to apologize, because you didn't insult me personally, I just thought your attitude towards this game and its developers was unjustified.
__________________
Since Old Lost Age I Shine

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop


While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.

Last edited by Solais; 06-23-2017 at 02:33 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 06:27 AM   #17   Add To Ignore List  
Master of Kalamzoo
 
Captain_Russia's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Tropico
 
Captain_Russia is offline
Default Re: Bogus Detour Officially hits the store page today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave3d View Post
I was actually trying to think about the Sam franchise, and it NOT being started to being looked at as an'Indie' type of company, that makes only pixelly or top down type games, instead of triple A type games like the past SS games HAVE been.
They havent released a game since SS3: BFE, and that was what? 2011?
All the new gamers now know about SS is these indie games.
When CT releases a new game, what are they going to think? Oh, a new mobile type game, ok, whatever.

Thats what I was trying to get across.
And he makes a really good point, CT hasn't officially released anything Sam for a while now (pretty sure dave isn't counting the VR games) and it's starting to feel like the while Half Life 3 ordeal. But once again we'll have to wait and see once SS4 lands, just hopefully, not after forever.

Now I did really enjoy Serious Sam Double D, but I get what Dave is going at, he doesn't want the Sam Series to look indie, and that's fine, but up until Croteam does give us the next title this is what we've got sadly.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Discy View Post
I'd just like to point out that your tone isn't helping anything. Your post is pretty contentious and disrespectful towards Dave. Having a private profile and not being a part of Croteam does not invalidate his personal opinion. And the fact that someone takes time and energy to be part of a Serious Sam community is enough, and frankly I think you owe Dave an apology for saying he's hardly involved in affairs because he has gone above and beyond by hosting games (which you took plenty of part in, as you might recall) for as long as he was physically able. Maybe you missed that part: He didn't quit hosting events because he got bored but because he was physically unable to. Discussion is great, but you should be respectful to others and Dave has already apologized for the way his post was worded and could have been misinterpreted.\
Yeah, I think I pushed the limits too hard while forgetting those BL2 sessions we had with Target and Trigger and how there are many, many others who have done less for S! than Dave.
I'll apologize 'privately' though I'm not sure how effective it'll be since I'm now ignored forever.
__________________
It's been an honor to be have been part of this site for so long
captainrussiacptnrss07@gmail.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 08:46 AM   #18   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜
 
Scratch's Avatar
 
Crackshell Developer
Joined: May 2007
Location: Heiloo, Netherlands
 
Scratch is offline
Default Re: Bogus Detour Officially hits the store page today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Russia View Post
And he makes a really good point, CT hasn't officially released anything Sam for a while now (pretty sure dave isn't counting the VR games) and it's starting to feel like the while Half Life 3 ordeal.
You know this is how people thought of Sam 3 as well, right?
__________________
I'm a cat by the way. I'm also everyone's most hated critic.
(Opinions expressed are my own)

Nimble Writer - now available on Steam, Itch.io.
CodeCat, my blog that I need to update - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution or Bogus Detour. Please use the appropriate community hubs for that.)
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 09:33 AM   #19   Add To Ignore List  
Master of Kalamzoo
 
Captain_Russia's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Tropico
 
Captain_Russia is offline
Default Re: Bogus Detour Officially hits the store page today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
You know this is how people thought of Sam 3 as well, right?
SS2-2005
SS3-2011

Yeah, I was one of those people too
There's a reason SS3 is the first game I ever owned on steam, I just wanted it that badly that I got the steam account I have today.
__________________
It's been an honor to be have been part of this site for so long
captainrussiacptnrss07@gmail.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 06:38 PM   #20   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen
 
Discy's Avatar
 
Seriously! Khnum
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: The Netherlands
 
Discy is offline
Default Re: Bogus Detour Officially hits the store page today

The gap between Serious Sam 2 and 3 was huge for Croteam, though. After the Sam2 release Croteam still spent a lot of time patching the game, finishing up the tools for release and working on the Linux port. Then the tactical shooter project that didn't end up being finished and hugely downsizing really increased the time until Sam3. After Sam3 we've had the JotN and Talos and now Croteam is working full-force on Sam4. So this time it is different.
__________________
"Is there any better Gerüstbaufirmenvorarbeiterschlüsselanhängerfarbenwasserlöslichkeitskontrollchemiker than discy? No!" -Shrinker
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty


Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 11:18 AM   #21   Add To Ignore List  
Master of Kalamzoo
 
Captain_Russia's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Tropico
 
Captain_Russia is offline
Default Re: Bogus Detour Officially hits the store page today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discy View Post
The gap between Serious Sam 2 and 3 was huge for Croteam, though. After the Sam2 release Croteam still spent a lot of time patching the game, finishing up the tools for release and working on the Linux port. Then the tactical shooter project that didn't end up being finished and hugely downsizing really increased the time until Sam3. After Sam3 we've had the JotN and Talos and now Croteam is working full-force on Sam4. So this time it is different.
Yeah, that's what I keep hearing and I don't doubt this, we know for a fact SS4 exists privately. It's just alot of fan are getting impatient and the only thing we've had since SS1 was the VR and indie games (also Talos).
Honestly, I really still don't have an issues with this, it only means SS4 is going to deliver when it comes. Just when it comes is questionable; and this is what Dave and others have a problem with because quite frankly: it it starting to look like development hell.

Remember how many of us were mad at the non-existence of the editor and deathmatch in SS2, and how you had to DOWNLOAD the patches off the file system? Man those were the days.
__________________
It's been an honor to be have been part of this site for so long
captainrussiacptnrss07@gmail.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 11:51 AM   #22   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem
 
Dave3d's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
 
Dave3d is offline
Default Re: Bogus Detour Officially hits the store page today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
I didn't work on the game, I'm just simply saying that it's insulting to just spit on developers like that. Did you play the game? Did you try it? Because if not, your feedback on its quality is invalid. If you played the game and didn't like it, that's okay, you can say why you didn't like it and that's good feedback.

It's okay if you don't like its genre or looks and don't want to play it either., that's normal. But if you don't even play it, don't give it a chance, then you really have no say about the overall quality of the game without actually checking it. Or saying that its developers are bad. Especially how you say that they shouldn't even charge money for their hard work. That part is the most insulting. (Also platformers and top-down shooters are not mobile/tablet games, how they could be when mobiles don't even have proper controls for such games? I think you are thinking about the wrong genres.)

As for Croteam not releasing a new game since SS3: That's wrong, because Talos Principle. And since then the only SS game released was Bogus Detour... oh wait, no, because they released SSVR: The Last Hope, TFE VR and TSE VR as well. And Serious Sam Fusion 2017. I'm sure people will see the series as FPS still. One single top-down twin-stick shooter won't change that. (And if you think I'm not thick skinned enough, just visit the Steam forums for Fusion. That's what I have to deal with daily.)

Anyways, that's my 2 cents on this. You didn't need to apologize, because you didn't insult me personally, I just thought your attitude towards this game and its developers was unjustified.
I dont need to play the game.
There was plenty of video.
And, do you know about this thing called 'youtube', where people do first looks and walkthroughs of games? Its really cool. You can get a VERY good idea what a game is like by watching other people play. You should try it sometime. You can actually form an opinion of a game without actually playing it.

And, I never said ANYTHING about the developers, EVER, in any post. YOU infered that I was attacking the devs.

I never said they should not charge ANYTHING for the game. I was merely pointing out that this game type is usually free on mobile os'es, and $15 is pretty steep for something you can play on a mobile device for free.

And, I never said CT didnt release anything since SS3. I said they had not released a FPS SS game the likes of SS, SS TSE, SS2, SS3. (and, I really didnt know they had already finished VR games, as VR is not available to me and I dont follow it at all, for any game, so didnt know they had shipped anything Sam releated since 3).

And, why do you assume that I dont like top down, or side top, or side scrollers?
I have LOTS, have played, have enjoyed (as I even said in my post about double d), many of these types of games.
But do you know what? I dont play them on pc anymore. Why? I now play mostly on mobile devices, for free. And, I am old, and dont change my ways very quickly, and lots of people much younger than I have found this out too. Why pay for something when you can get it for free on mobile devices? I was just trying to point out that the price point was pretty steep for that type of game, not that they shouldnt get payed for their work at all.

You seem to like to read into things that arent their.
Like I said, anything Sam related or coding related you have a trigger that everyone is trying to trash them.
Thats ok.
I know developers have very big ego's, and are never wrong, and everything they do is perfect because they made it and spent a LOT of their time on it (and nobody, not even me, like to have something they have made or are very passionate about belittled in even a very slight way).

Anyway, as I posted for the 3rd time, I was worried about the Sam franchise itself being wattered down by these types of games (because "I" am passionate about SS games).
But, its not my ip, I am not involved with CT or Devolver, and apparently my opinion does not matter at all (even though "I" am a big supporter and customer of the ip).

But, dont worry, this is my last post about anything SS related.
Thank you Solais.
You are an excellent representative for CT.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 12:05 PM   #23   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜
 
Scratch's Avatar
 
Crackshell Developer
Joined: May 2007
Location: Heiloo, Netherlands
 
Scratch is offline
Default Re: Bogus Detour Officially hits the store page today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave3d View Post
I know developers have very big ego's, and are never wrong, and everything they do is perfect because they made it and spent a LOT of their time on it (and nobody, not even me, like to have something they have made or are very passionate about belittled in even a very slight way).
That's a little closed minded. I'm going to assume you meant to write "I know some developers"
__________________
I'm a cat by the way. I'm also everyone's most hated critic.
(Opinions expressed are my own)

Nimble Writer - now available on Steam, Itch.io.
CodeCat, my blog that I need to update - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution or Bogus Detour. Please use the appropriate community hubs for that.)
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 12:53 PM   #24   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem
 
Dave3d's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
 
Dave3d is offline
Default Re: Bogus Detour Officially hits the store page today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
That's a little closed minded. I'm going to assume you meant to write "I know some developers"
Hehe, yes.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 06:39 AM   #25   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy
 
Solais's Avatar
 
Croteam Representative
Joined: Nov 2009
 
Solais is offline
Default Re: Bogus Detour Officially hits the store page today

I do not have a trigger about coding or SS that makes me see everyone trying to trash them (I trash them enough myself), where did you even get that idea? Especially coding. I'm not a coder, why would I ever be offended by that, lol?

Anyways, you seem to be overreacting to just some simple discussion. Eh.

(Also, if you didn't notice my signature, what I say on this forum is not representative of Croteam unless I speak in blue. This is a system in place because I was a member of this forum before I was a member of Croteam. To be honest, -this- is actually something I find a problematic attitude, that just because I was hired by a team, I somehow "merged into the hivemind" and am one of them. I don't like when others did this, and I don't like it even now. I am me, and I was of this community years before I was a member of CT.)
__________________
Since Old Lost Age I Shine

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop


While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.

Last edited by Solais; 06-25-2017 at 06:44 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 12:26 PM   #26   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum
 
Artman40's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Location: House in suburbs
 
Artman40 is offline
Default Re: Bogus Detour Officially hits the store page today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
What do you mean? As far as I know, there are no infinite spawners in the game.
Not even those antaresian spiders coming out of holes?
__________________
◉⏝◉
█▓▒░▒▓█▓▒░▒▓█▓▒░▒▓█
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 01:35 PM   #27   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜
 
Scratch's Avatar
 
Crackshell Developer
Joined: May 2007
Location: Heiloo, Netherlands
 
Scratch is offline
Default Re: Bogus Detour Officially hits the store page today

Those spiders are actually not infinite. The gnaar spawners in the first level for example are infinite as far as I'm aware, though.
__________________
I'm a cat by the way. I'm also everyone's most hated critic.
(Opinions expressed are my own)

Nimble Writer - now available on Steam, Itch.io.
CodeCat, my blog that I need to update - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution or Bogus Detour. Please use the appropriate community hubs for that.)
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serious Sams Bogus Detour Hipshot Serious Sam Indie Series 369 06-22-2017 07:56 PM
[News] New video and screenshots of Serious Sam's Bogus Detour released! Squadala Serious Sam Indie Series 0 07-02-2015 09:31 PM
Store Wars Quaar-Jet Off Topic Forum 3 07-08-2005 10:38 PM
Men Only, The store for women MasterEvilAce Off Topic Forum 14 06-14-2002 10:08 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:06 PM.