Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Gaming > Serious Sam

Serious Sam This is the place to discuss anything that either spans multiple games or doesn't fit with one specific game!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-08-2017, 08:21 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

WTWASP is offline Send a message via MSN to WTWASP
Default Custom Screenshots "directory" tweak

Since I highly doubt this topic already exists (but if it does, could someone kindly link me to it), I am posting as a new topic here.

This one is for us old-timers who are still enjoying the classic First & Second Encounter games (NOT the HD or VR reboots).

My question is : Is there any way to create screenshots while in-game, and have them instantly created/sent as jpg files to a pre-selected/chosen directory?

Purpose : I would like to create screen capture images of my favorite SS levels without having to stop the game and paste the "PrScr" data (to an image editing program, like MS Paint) from the clipboard each and every time.

My "Clive Barker's Undying" game does this, and I am hoping SS may have a similar function/feature (or at least a capacity/potential for it) as well?

I once acquired a nifty trick to increasing Save Game slots by editing the "Game_startup.ini" file in the "Scripts" folder of the game's files directory.

I am hoping there is such a similarly simple edit that can be done, if the command is not already available (and I am just unaware of it)?

My knowledge of HTML and other coding is very limited, so, if there is any kind of adding or modifying to any game files to be done, I hope that it's not too complicated or risky.

Thanks.

~ W
Old 05-09-2017, 08:47 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

Default Re: Custom Screenshots "directory" tweak

To my knowledge you can't, but you can use a program like IrfanView to batch process the entire folder with minimum programming knowledge involved. I can tell you more if you're interested.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty

Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)
Old 05-09-2017, 10:16 AM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Default Re: Custom Screenshots "directory" tweak

Yes, just use the F11 or F12 button... The file creates instatly in own folder "screenshots" in the main directory. Only think that the file created will be in .tga, but I'm using FastStone Image Viewer for pictures view and this free program supports a lot of image files - jpg, png, bmp, tga, pcx, jpg2000, tfa, cr2, mrw, nef, psd, crw and more...