Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam HD

Serious Sam HD Discuss anything and everything about Serious Sam HD, the official remake of SS:FE on Serious Engine 3.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-29-2013, 11:52 AM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

Default Everybody appears as hacker

We just wanted to play our Coin Coop weekend game but after some time we all appeared as hacked except the Host. Seems like in Russian forums people already complain about the same problems.

And no we are not hacking. And its really really annoying and we dont want to mess up our leaderboards.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:00 PM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Default Re: Everybody appears as hacker

Sorry for the inconvenience. But that "hacking" marker in the playerlist is the speedhack detection. It is only there for other players to see. It is not recorded permanently anywhere once you exit the server.

It is our attempt to temporarily patch the speedhacking problem. I very well allow the possibility that it is not perfect, which is why we didn't give it any persistence. Just to be safe no permanent damage is done.

If everyone is cheater except host, it would mean that the host himself is speedhacking. this particular situation might be due to some bug in the code. Or perhaps he really _is_ speedhacking.

Please let me know if you learn any details about this. Thanks!
Old 03-29-2013, 01:26 PM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

Oh come on guys. It is obvious that "anti-speedhack" is "oversensitive" to some OS services or processes. We tried to change host and everytime all players except the host were "hacked" and all players saw themselves and other as hacked. Same situation at different servers. Almost all people are hacked. Isn't it strange that 80% of community speedhacking? I think that system isn't tested enough. Please test it better and fix as soon as possible. And btw if you are reading this already, couple words about "broken" enemy spawns in various SS HD levels. SS community already found all "defective spawns" and "triggers" through editor. As I know SS player "R-Mistrow" reported it to you long time ago with all ID of triggers and spawns that work improperly. Having such detailed information it is very easy to fix that. Also about some survival maps where script are corrupted and a lot of enemies that supposed to spawn according to scenario does not spawn. Please NOTE that for your future updates and fix it finally.

P.S. And those "hacked" status don't appear immediately. During 1st minute of playing. And it can disappear sometimes for couple seconds and then reappear.

Last edited by lumius; 03-29-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:15 PM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Hey,

Me I'm meeting a new problem : I can't even join a cooperation server, my game crashes with the message :
"The application has malfunctioned and it will now close. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please send error log to the technical support."

Weird... I already met that message, but it was just random crashes, but now it always happens when I join a server :/
Wtf ? :p
Old 03-29-2013, 05:44 PM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Maybe the server is just outdated. Try connecting to one of my SSNL co-op servers.

Nimble Writer - now available on Steam, Itch.io.
CodeCat, my blog that I need to update - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution or Bogus Detour. Please use the appropriate community hubs for that.)
Old 03-29-2013, 06:49 PM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Black Star

Seriously! Creative Moderator

This happened to us while playing noams "The Portal" map to Finzy, SeriousCsaba, Francy and Sly.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/devosta...85129883197710
Old 04-03-2013, 01:25 AM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Just a quick update: we've made the speedhack detector more resilient to bad network conditions. A patch will be issued soon, maybe even a beta today.

Regarding that list of rare defects in HD levels... Thanks everyone for reporting those! It is being fixed and the update content will be released at a point. Note, however that we probably will not be directly updating the HD levels. Doing so would mean invalidating all savegames, which is not worth it. There's alternative approach for that, but it will take some time before we can ship it.