Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > General > Off Topic Forum

Off Topic Forum Discuss anything and everything in this forum.

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in Seriously! web hosting if the price was right?
Yes 5 83.33%
No 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-29-2014, 08:02 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

Cool Seriously! Offers Webhosting?

Seriously! is looking for clients interested in some fairly cheap hosting that will help offset our own hosting costs to keep the site going and will allow us to upgrade to an even better service provider.

If you are looking for web hosting for a personal website/blog, clan, or community site we may be able to come to a mutually beneficial arrangement (wink).

If you are interested please send me a PM, or post your response to this thread, with what you are looking for in: storage space, bandwidth, and other special features. Include any links to sites you already have.

Please note: we may create a separately branded site specifically for this if it becomes popular enough. Also, if we reach a specific goal ($20/month) in pledges we will immediately move to a new service provider to increase our speed and overall resources. We want to make sure that you are satisfied with your hosting service!

By the way, we aren't looking for one generous person to shell out $20/month (would be nice, though). The goal is to have enough clients that it adds up to at least meet our goal. We will try to offer as fair a price as we can afford.

Thank you!
Old 04-30-2014, 03:20 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO

Default Re: Seriously! Offers Webhosting?

Yes, have been looking into hosting my own site for a while now. I'd be mostly interested in hosting my own portfolio site, bandwidth doesn't have to be a whole lot, as long as it supports php and mysql (possibly more, eg. java/tomcat?). PM me for more details? I could afford 10$ monthly I believe, depending on how good the service is.

Last edited by Finzy; 04-30-2014 at 03:24 AM.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:46 AM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

Our current service provider does not support Tomcat, but the new one I am looking at does. Both support Java JRE, PHP, and MySQL.

For $10/month I can offer 5gb of storage space and up to 100gb of bandwidth per month. You can also register a domain and point it to us at no charge.

We are not currently running mail servers since we have our domain set up to work through Gmail, but I can get those running again if you would like to use POP3/SMTP mail. You can also choose to go the Gmail route (my recommendation).

As for service quality, I would plan to put you on the new server immediately, with Tomcat support. The new provider runs all its servers on SSD RAID arrays which are ultra-fast and virtually fail-proof. With weekly backups and network protections in place it should be fairly secure and reliable.

Last edited by Louva-Deus; 04-30-2014 at 04:52 AM.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:07 AM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO

Awesome. Well I'll have to think about it a while first, I'll let you know when I've made up my mind. The storage space and bandwidth sounds good, for my needs anyway. I'd mostly just be hosting "showcase" stuff like demos and university projects made with java.

No idea if I need a mail server (probably not), gmail is likely ok, I use it myself too.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:11 PM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Seasons Smashings

just throwing it out there that if S! ever wanted assistance with site costs to improve Seriously!,the support is here.
Old 08-15-2014, 10:02 AM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

Thanks man! May take you up on that.