Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam HD

Serious Sam HD Discuss anything and everything about Serious Sam HD, the official remake of SS:FE on Serious Engine 3.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 03:55 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

Default Why do I keep hearing random growling?

I've played through both FE and SE a few times. Great games, lots of fun (you all knew that already) but for some reason I keep hearing this strange growling noise that seems to be following me everywhere. It sounds really close as if there's a monster right around the corner waiting to attack but I can never find anything. At first I thought maybe it was something that was supposed to be guarding a secret but it happens randomly at different parts in the game. I've heard it after clearing out the court yard outside of the Tower of Babel, towards the end of Legend of the Beast, and inside the Lava Caves. It's always really close too, even if I'm out in the open, as if the monster was right behind me.

Or . . . maybe it's just Sam's stomach grumbling. Poor guy must be starving after everything he's been through (he never got his hot meal and beer).

It's a little unnerving as it makes me feel like I'm about to be ambushed at any second by something I can never see. It's not game breaking or anything. It's just weird and I have no idea what to make of it. Am I the only one hearing this? Please don't let me be the only one. I have enough voices in my head without hearing a Kleer breathe down my neck.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:01 PM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

Default Re: Why do I keep hearing random growling?

you will kill that mob, just continue
Old 04-05-2013, 04:44 PM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Hehehe, they can be quite scary. I had the same fear when I first heard... I think the beheaded's growl, in classic SS1. Btw, I know those growls you are talking about, the one in Legend of the Beast is an interesting (but kinda lazy) coincidence on your part.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:47 PM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

The mob is dead. I made sure of that. On more than one occasion I searched every nook and cranny of the level to make sure I hadn't left anything alive but the growling persists and I am perplexed. But as I said, it's not game breaking or anything, just rather irksome.

Quote:
Hehehe, they can be quite scary. I had the same fear when I first heard... I think the beheaded's growl, in classic SS1. Btw, I know those growls you are talking about, the one in Legend of the Beast is an interesting (but kinda lazy) coincidence on your part.
Oh good! I'm slightly less insane than I thought!

Last edited by MetisLeigh; 04-05-2013 at 04:55 PM. Reason: reply while typing my first post
Old 04-05-2013, 04:53 PM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

It is the Idle sound of a Lava Golem. In Legend of the Beast, the Khnum got the same Idle sound, most likely because it was so noticeable and scary.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:59 PM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

I remember working on my Serious Sam 3 Slender map and hearing this grunting noise every now and then because I simply used some random Serious Sam 3 enemy... it was scary to say the least.

Nimble Writer - now available on Steam, Itch.io.
CodeCat, my blog that I need to update - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution or Bogus Detour. Please use the appropriate community hubs for that.)
Old 04-05-2013, 05:12 PM   #7   Add To Ignore List  

The only growling I know of comes from idle monsters. Only thing I can think of is there's an enemy tucked away somewhere that you can't find.

If not, then yeah, you're a little crazy.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:16 AM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO

There's an Amnesia grunt somewhere just waiting to get its claws on you and rip off your testicles.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:32 AM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finzy View Post
There's an Amnesia grunt somewhere just waiting to get its claws on you and rip off your testicles.
If it's testicles he's after he's going to be very disappointed.