Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam HD

Serious Sam HD Discuss anything and everything about Serious Sam HD, the official remake of SS:FE on Serious Engine 3.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-12-2013, 10:53 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

Default Rate of fire, recoil...

Those 2 things are really all I wanted to change there and I can't seem to do it.

Rate of fire can be changed on some weapons but say, the Double Shotgun? Nothing I change actually changes the speed of the weapon.

The pistol's recoil drives me nuts everytime I use it, but I can't find anything for that either.

I expected these things to be real obvious. I'm talking about SS3 here. In SSHD, I could easily find and change the rate of fire for all the weapons, but not here.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:58 PM   #2   Add To Ignore List  

Default Re: Rate of fire, recoil...

The rate of fire for certain weapons is handled by the actual firing animation. I believe that's the case with the double barrel shotgun. If you want to make it faster, you'd have to make the firing animation shorter.

Recoil is also handled through animations. The skeletons for guns have an extra bone called "ViewMover" (or something along those lines). The first person camera follows the animated movement of that bone. To get rid of the recoil, you'd have to delete the keyframes for that bone.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:43 PM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

Default Re: Rate of fire, recoil...

Okay. Makes sense, but I'm not sure how to get to the weapon's animations and change them.