Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > General > Off Topic Forum

Off Topic Forum Discuss anything and everything in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-03-2014, 12:36 PM   #31   Add To Ignore List  
Seasons Smashings

Default Re: The Narf Movement

I don't get it. What has Gnaarwarian done wrong?
He's a very unique and colorful individual on here, and while his English may not be perfect, he's still understandable for the most part and has never caused anyone trouble at least since I've been back.
Honestly it just seems like the trouble is coming from the individuals complaining about him.
If you have a problem with someone take to PM, but this singling people out thing really needs to stop. It's so childish.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:43 PM   #32   Add To Ignore List  
Oh Long Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Serious Godzilla* View Post
I don't get it. What has Gnaarwarian done wrong?
He's a very unique and colorful individual on here, and while his English may not be perfect, he's still understandable for the most part and has never caused anyone trouble at least since I've been back.
Honestly it just seems like the trouble is coming from the individuals complaining about him.
If you have a problem with someone take to PM, but this singling people out thing really needs to stop. It's so childish.
What im complaining about is how he spams the chatbox with unfunny and repititive jokes,and i just cant stand it when im talking with someone/some people and then he just starts going all "guys how to coock in cock" and then pika gets all wet and boom,whole chatbox is filled with all of this and i cant contiune my conversation. he is also sometimes randomly spamming threads with "FREE PHIL THE MARMOT",regardless of it being the subject. when i was spamming a SPAM thread i was taken care off pretty heavily. so i want to understand why can he do it? because he's "like that"?
Old 09-03-2014, 12:48 PM   #33   Add To Ignore List  
ideas but no skills

Seriously! Archivist/Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by noam2000 View Post
Is this why you're not too bright and can barely use paint?

in all seriousness,i dont mind all these "RANDOM POOP LOL",even i do it sometimes a lot maybe i dunno,problem with gnaarwarian is that he REFUSES TO TALK NORMAL. he thinks he's funny and unique because he wont stop talking all idiotic and this is also why you are his only friend. he keeps spamming chatboxes and threads with "FREE PHIL THE MARMOT". he's basicly the reason why i dont enjoy coming to the chatbox anymore,everytime i start having a convesation with someone he then starts going all "PIKA TELL ME ABOUT YOUR SEX LIFE". and then you reply to him with "LOL GNAAR SO FUNNY",and then all my conversation with this person is gone because you two have to spam the chatbox with stupid shit.
when i asked him nicely to calm a little with his "jokes",he told me to deal with it. this is why i am not a big fan of his like you,because he gives zero crap about others and only wants to spam this whole forum with his stupid goddamn phil the marmot.

back when sedinus made that gnaarwarian thread,he suddenly started being serious and asked people to stop insulting him. i thought he finally came to his senses and is gonna calm down a bit,but nope, i was wrong,its a ****ing mental case. he said that he doesnt care if we dont like his jokes and we just need to deal with him spamming our threads and chatbox nonstop. so why should i have respect for him when he dont have respect for me?
"Why should I have respect for him when he don't have respect for me?" is one of the most childish questions there is. You don't just go around demanding respect so that you feel like you earned enough to give it back. If anything, Gnaarwarian should be respected for being one of the more stable person around here. Seriously, it's not like leaving him alone is that hard of a task. So yeah, just deal with it, because it's nothing more than just another forum poster, posting his thoughts.

Besides, from my experience, most of the time he talks about random stuff is when the chatbox is dead or inactive. Even when he talks "nonsense" during active conversations, it's not particularly bad enough that you will lose the will to converse, unless you have some sort of psychological issues. Also, chatbox is for small talk, which is what he's doing, so there's nothing wrong there too. When it is active, we have multiple people chatting with multiple other people, and a little @name: to specify who you're talking to doesn't hurt. In case if you miss a message all you need to do is to scroll up. If you can't continue a conversation over a petty thing like that, perhaps you need to reflect on yourself.

As for his forum posts, once again it's just a post of some stuff you don't understand. Not like he's insulting you in Russian. And although to you it seems like he's trying to derail the thread, I can tell that he does not intend to. It's the people who responded to him that are at fault, along with the people who decided to join on. If he didn't care about us, he wouldn't post at all. I find his posts rather enjoyable from the usual stuff we have here anyway.

About that other thread. Jokes are fine, but seriously though I think you guys took it a bit too far. His posts are nothing against the rules; it's not even spam to begin with; and it isn't even annoying or insulting. He just posted some stuff he wanted to say, and the next second some internet-savvy teens start to crap on him in a figurative manner. Therefore, it isn't really surprising to see him getting snap like that after all the shit he's taken. And no, he can't just deal with it because he doesn't deserve the flak. He's far more tolerant than most, you know.

tl;dr If you can't understand him, just ignore him.

Last edited by PikaCommando; 09-03-2014 at 12:50 PM.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:49 PM   #34   Add To Ignore List  
Seasons Smashings

Quote:
What im complaining about is how he spams the chatbox with unfunny and repititive jokes,and i just cant stand it when im talking with someone/some people and then he just starts going all "guys how to coock in cock" and then pika gets all wet and boom,whole chatbox is filled with all of this and i cant contiune my conversation. he is also sometimes randomly spamming threads with "FREE PHIL THE MARMOT",regardless of it being the subject. when i was spamming a SPAM thread i was taken care off pretty heavily. so i want to understand why can he do it? because he's "like that"?
No, your right Noam, it shouldn't be like that and if I could I would but I can't do anything because I'm not a Mod, but hopefully they will address this concern. Then again spam has been an issue across the board so hopefully with the new rules they are making this will be addressed.

Last edited by *Serious Godzilla*; 09-03-2014 at 12:54 PM.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:50 PM   #35   Add To Ignore List  
Oh Long Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikaCommando View Post
"Why should I have respect for him when he don't have respect for me?" is one of the most childish questions there is. You don't just go around demanding respect so that you feel like you earned enough to give it back. If anything, Gnaarwarian should be respected for being one of the more stable person around here. Seriously, it's not like leaving him alone is that hard of a task. So yeah, just deal with it, because it's nothing more than just another forum poster, posting his thoughts.

Besides, from my experience, most of the time he talks about random stuff is when the chatbox is dead or inactive. Even when he talks "nonsense" during active conversations, it's not particularly bad enough that you will lose the will to converse, unless you have some sort of psychological issues. Also, chatbox is for small talk, which is what he's doing, so there's nothing wrong there too. When it is active, we have multiple people chatting with multiple other people, and a little @name: to specify who you're talking to doesn't hurt. In case if you miss a message all you need to do is to scroll up. If you can't continue a conversation over a petty thing like that, perhaps you need to reflect on yourself.

As for his forum posts, once again it's just a post of some stuff you don't understand. Not like he's insulting you in Russian. And although to you it seems like he's trying to derail the thread, I can tell that he does not intend to. It's the people who responded to him that are at fault, along with the people who decided to join on. If he didn't care about us, he wouldn't post at all. I find his posts rather enjoyable from the usual stuff we have here anyway.

About that other thread. Jokes are fine, but seriously though I think you guys took it a bit too far. His posts are nothing against the rules; it's not even spam to begin with; and it isn't even annoying or insulting. He just posted some stuff he wanted to say, and the next second some internet-savvy teens start to crap on him in a figurative manner. Therefore, it isn't really surprising to see him getting snap like that after all the shit he's taken. And no, he can't just deal with it because he doesn't deserve the flak. He's far more tolerant than most, you know.

tl;dr If you can't understand him, just ignore him.
*sigh* fine,sorry for not liking your little crazy friend, ill just close the chatbox and let you enjoy your wacky funny conversations.

Last edited by noam2000; 09-03-2014 at 12:56 PM.
Old 09-03-2014, 01:05 PM   #36   Add To Ignore List  
ideas but no skills

Quote:
*sigh* fine,sorry for not liking your little crazy friend, ill just close the chatbox and let you enjoy your wacky funny conversations.
cool, let's commemorate this moment of peace with a picture of gnaarwarian himself

http://i.imgur.com/KSvRuoF.png
Old 09-03-2014, 01:08 PM   #37   Add To Ignore List  
Oh Long Johnson

*unsubs*
Old 09-03-2014, 01:16 PM   #38   Add To Ignore List  
ideas but no skills

Hey, don't be like that, I made an image showing that coexistence between people of different personalities can forum in peace.

http://i.imgur.com/ZaFNdX2.png
Old 09-03-2014, 01:28 PM   #39   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Quote:
Last time he did the Phil the Marmot thing on the chatbox, he was banned from it because of spam. While he continues being himself, lately he didn't spam the same thing over and over (or if yes, please report! We can't see everything!), hence there was nothing we could/should do.

That's the thing, gnaar rarely actually goes against the rules (with the exception of not listening to mods and admins, which is a bannable offense in many communities, but I don't really enforce that, since not everyone likes me, really ), and as such, it is outside of the work of Admins and maybe even mods (though not sure of that). In a way, it is something the community itself have to sort out.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
Old 09-03-2014, 01:58 PM   #40   Add To Ignore List  

Quote:
What im complaining about is how he spams the chatbox with unfunny and repititive jokes,and i just cant stand it when im talking with someone/some people and then he just starts going all "guys how to coock in cock" and then pika gets all wet and boom,whole chatbox is filled with all of this and i cant contiune my conversation. ....
If you can't stand them and their jokes, simply write a script that gets their messages out of your view or replaces them with something you find funny. "Faggotry deleted" for example.
Personally I use a script that gets colonvee shit out of my view. (@LD that's how I noticed biteme.php )
You can use Greasemonkey addon if you are using Firefox, Tampermonkey for Chrome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais
since not everyone likes me, really
Is that to me?
Old 09-03-2014, 03:05 PM   #41   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Well, if you think that, then yes. But it wasn't aimed at a particular person, just a general feeling I have.

I personally use Greasemonkey to make the Chatbox like 2-3 times bigger, so messages won't get lost that fast.

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:43 AM   #42   Add To Ignore List  
ideas but no skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnaarwarian View Post
I listen to Admins, i only do not like People which are so full of Arrogance and Selfsatisfaction like you.

That is really how you like people to change or not Solais?

Be honest everyone who isn't like you or on your Noveau, you can't accept these Peolpe. Isn't this your view of respect?

Yes ok i make some jokes about some Cliches, but ok Seriouszone is a Matrix without any Human Users and Connection to RL.
My jokes are really easy to reply with same Stupid Nonsense.

And how about not focus on me always old stuff in every situation, that is the reason why i write then inside cb 'i didn't mean these' or 'i even don't use the word Doom'. Wait ignore that, it must protect you from Rethinking about Things.

And yes i'm fine with that Sedinus does not like me. From 6 Billlion people 5 do not like. WoW. Someone Call the Newspapers please for this Headline.
Awesome. Every person has his own interests and not everybody like everyone. :

Btw, if i ask you can tell me what you do not like on me. This quest is serious.
Result Most of the Time: Nothing.
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/614/639/9df.gif
Old 09-04-2014, 01:53 PM   #43   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

What are you even talking about? I never said that people should change or anything like that, nor I'm arrogant or not accepting people.

The only thing I told you originally was just to try to be a little more friendly, because many people doesn't seem to like you that much. There's one thing about being yourself, which you can be and there's other when the community itself is being bothered.

Also what's "Noveau"?

Old 09-04-2014, 03:19 PM   #44   Add To Ignore List  
Feelin' Festive

Noveau
Seems like a strange word to use. :L

Gnaarwarian, I apologise for the harsh things I said. I don't think I said many, but then, I sometimes say things without remembering it.

Wow you failed so much in Life, that you need such things as fun. - Gnaarwarian
Last hax0red by Jetroid; 01-01-1970 at 12:00 AM.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:28 AM   #45   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

It was never my intention to be mean towards Gnaar either.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:02 AM   #46   Add To Ignore List  
ideas but no skills

Eh, Gnaar is already hands-down the friendliest person on the site, he don't need no change.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:23 AM   #47   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Well, he shouldn't get butthurt when people say the things he says are wierd, because they are.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:22 AM   #48   Add To Ignore List  
ideas but no skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordAngus View Post
Well, he shouldn't get butthurt when people say the things he says are wierd, because they are.
How are the things he say weird?
Old 09-07-2014, 05:12 PM   #49   Add To Ignore List  
mfw holidays

is this thread just another gnaar's thread?

The hand has five fingers, capable and powerful,
with the ability to destroy as well as create.
Open your eyes, open your mouths,
Close your hands and make a fist.

22:06 - ♠T-ReXx: it's bain's amazing trap
22:06 - ♠Jetroid: Is it amazing?
22:06 - ♠T-ReXx: no