Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > General > Off Topic Forum

Off Topic Forum Discuss anything and everything in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-21-2014, 12:32 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
ideas but no skills

Seriously! Archivist/Slave

Default Reading your past messages

Anyone here reads the things they wrote years ago once in a while? It can be old emails, messages, comments, art, music, video recordings, anything that involves you from years ago. How do you feel when you see how the you back then acted like?
Old 08-21-2014, 02:12 PM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

Default Re: Reading your past messages

Sure, I especially enjoy reading some of my earlier posts in this forum... back when I was only 13 years old Such an immature kid... guess not much has changed Cool to get an interesting nostalgia trip though.

Interesting Serious Sam experience with my freshman English teacher (Link):
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMercy Rider
Today during English class, I found out my English Profressor plays lots of video games and on of his favorites is Serious Sam! I'm going to play DM with him tonight, I hope I don't get fragged too much, cause I don't want to lose to my teach . We ended up talking about great video games like HL, Doom, etc. for about an hour after class. This might give me the A I wanted in this class .
This one was interesting, hearkening back to the days that I was just short of hating the Xbox. Who knew that a year later I would buy my own Xbox and fall in love with the console and Halo (Link):
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMercy Rider
I just wonder who said they hated the XBox cause it was made by Microsoft? Nobody. I agree with Smithboy, it doesn't look as impressive as the media has made it out to be. The graphics may be good, but I wonder about the games that will be released, if there will be any good ones, AFTER the game has been released for some time. I own a PS2, not for the graphics, even though I think they are good, but for the great games that they are still releasing. But the XBox doesn't really bother me, in fact, my friend bought one, I just think MS could've done better (and I have no grudge against MS, I actually like MS).
Old 08-21-2014, 03:38 PM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

I try not to, because I know they are embarrassing. And these posts can be as new as last week.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:44 PM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Lurker

In 2016 each and every single of both your posts and messages will have that goddamn <.<
Old 08-21-2014, 04:30 PM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Black Star

Seriously! Creative Moderator

I only do if I need a nostalgia kick
Old 08-21-2014, 04:52 PM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

Oh... and while digging through old emails, I happened to find three renders from the era that I was learning 3ds Max in high school. I have a cousin that works at Pixar and at the time I was determined to follow in his footsteps. Drastically changed that idea once I went into college Somehow I lost all the other renders that I did, I used to have quite the portfolio, but at least I found three.

http://imgur.com/a/pGE1i
Old 08-21-2014, 05:27 PM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Oh Long Johnson

http://forums.seriouszone.com/showth...light=tomatoes

i still dont understand
Old 08-21-2014, 05:43 PM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

No.

Nimble Writer - now available on Steam, Itch.io.
CodeCat, my blog that I need to update - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution or Bogus Detour. Please use the appropriate community hubs for that.)
Old 08-21-2014, 05:59 PM   #9   Add To Ignore List  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMercy Rider View Post
Oh... and while digging through old emails, I happened to find three renders from the era that I was learning 3ds Max in high school. I have a cousin that works at Pixar and at the time I was determined to follow in his footsteps. Drastically changed that idea once I went into college Somehow I lost all the other renders that I did, I used to have quite the portfolio, but at least I found three.

I didn't know you were going down that path at one point. Those renders aren't bad for a highschool course. If things turned out differently, we might have been coworkers.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:27 PM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

Hell, doesn't that go for anything? Like if things turned out differently you'd be gay for each other or maybe you'd have your own hilarious sit com on prime time.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:52 PM   #11   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

Of course you would go there Pan

But yeah, I was pretty serious about it. I was even researching colleges with decent animation programs available. Lol, thinking back at it, I was even considering a few different colleges in Texas. But dunno, I guess when I entered my senior of high school I realized that I lacked the imagination to be successful. I could imitate and recreate somewhat effectively, but when it came to inventing a new idea, I was crap. So I chose a less imaginative field... engineering
Old 08-21-2014, 07:04 PM   #12   Add To Ignore List  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan View Post
Hell, doesn't that go for anything? Like if things turned out differently you'd be gay for each other or maybe you'd have your own hilarious sit com on prime time.
And if things had turned out differently, the world might have spontaneously exploded hundreds of years ago and none of us would have existed. But that's awfully random.

Quote:
Of course you would go there Pan

But yeah, I was pretty serious about it. I was even researching colleges with decent animation programs available. Lol, thinking back at it, I was even considering a few different colleges in Texas. But dunno, I guess when I entered my senior of high school I realized that I lacked the imagination to be successful. I could imitate and recreate somewhat effectively, but when it came to inventing a new idea, I was crap. So I chose a less imaginative field... engineering
I'm not that great at it either, but I (maybe foolishly) went for it anyway. I'll have to get back to you on whether or not I'm successful.
Old 08-22-2014, 01:09 AM   #13   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

Quote:
Originally Posted by noam2000 View Post
fun fact: the word "tomato" derives from the nahuatl (aztec) word "tomatl", which refers to the green tomatillo. the name they gave to the red tomato was actually "xitomatl", but the spanish invaders exported them under the name "tomate" and screwed it up for everyone

ontopic: i always keep many sharp objects close at hand in case of the emergency in which i would accidentally stumble upon my internet posts from ages past and require immediate ocular emancipation

Last edited by Bad Joe; 08-22-2014 at 01:12 AM.
Old 08-22-2014, 01:15 AM   #14   Add To Ignore List  
ideas but no skills

Seriously! Archivist/Slave

Quote:

http://i.imgur.com/mR4MSsf.jpg

This is pretty awesome for a high-schooler.

Too bad my old emails when I was in school are mostly me falling for scams
I know I'm stupid, but never knew I was THAT stupid. Perhaps feeling embarrassed about your past messages are a sign that you've grown and learned more?