Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam 3

Serious Sam 3 Everything you want to know or say about Serious Sam 3!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 12:58 AM   #121   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots
 
Pan's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Looking for Snake
 
Pan is offline
Default Re: Does anyone actually PLAY Serious Sam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboy View Post
with cheats enabled well done guys and girls !
Ugh what are you complaining about now?
__________________
"Don't you have to be told to do things to be considered a slave?"
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:32 AM   #122   Add To Ignore List  
Lurker
 
Dankzaii's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Isengard
 
Dankzaii is offline
Default Re: Does anyone actually PLAY Serious Sam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekazuya0.60 View Post
well i didn't know as i don't have the whole law in my head


You don't need to learn the entire history or the laws and obligations of your country to know that piracy is bad.

Even if you have the X360 version, you can't use that as an excuse to download a pirated (or as I say, a Cheated) version of the game, it would be like stealing $40 to Croteam, yeah I know you already payed for the X360 version, but if you want the PC one, you need to pay for it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekazuya0.60 View Post
even I just wanted to see the scorpion...
There are lots of articles and videos in Youtube about it, even the day of release the video with the scorpion was shown.

THAT'S why Internet exists kids!

To be a legit member of Seriously! and to look for stuff you want to learn or watch about.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:39 AM   #123   Add To Ignore List  
Ugh-Zan III
 
Brute's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
 
Brute is offline
Default Re: Does anyone actually PLAY Serious Sam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekazuya0.60 View Post
can we finnaly stop talking about that -.-"


EDIT: only if i buy games from croteam, they would be rich i buyd every single serious sam in the full prize when they camme out, just don't have ss hd and ss 3 bfe pc version! now see how much that costs!! for some ss games i have all versions like ss hd tse...
You don't have to buy them all, but that does mean you don't have to play them all. There are tons of games I'd like to play but can't because I'm too poor. That's life. You can't justify stealing/piracy because games cost a lot. They cost a lot to buy because they cost a lot to make. As such, Croteam would not be rich even if you "buyd every single serious sam in the full prize when they camme out." It's because of pirates like you that honest customers like us are charged so much for games these days.

It's going to be difficult to convince everyone to stop talking about it when you insist on continuously trying to justify yourself for actions that are clearly not condoned by the communal majority. I'm honestly surprised you haven't been banned yet for your continual support and advocacy of piracy.

PS: Your original excuse was that you only pirated it because you wanted to see the scorpion. Now you claim it's because you wanted it on multiple platforms but didn't have enough money to re-buy it. Sounds like you need to get your story straight.
__________________
.

Last edited by Brute; 11-07-2012 at 05:41 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:56 AM   #124   Add To Ignore List  
Ugh-Zan III
 
Brute's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
 
Brute is offline
Default Re: Does anyone actually PLAY Serious Sam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekazuya0.60 View Post
oh fine so now im a pirate?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekazuya0.60 View Post
I might leak some comfidential builds and do beta connected stuff but stealing a final product, i would be never able to do that!
You already did.
__________________
.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:06 AM   #125   Add To Ignore List  
Ugh-Zan III
 
Brute's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
 
Brute is offline
Default Re: Does anyone actually PLAY Serious Sam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekazuya0.60 View Post
i told what i had if a man doesn't understand that the DRM is like a code to prevent pirates of playing, it's the same if i have or not
Try re-writing that? I have no idea what you mean.

Punctuation may help.
__________________
.

Last edited by Brute; 11-07-2012 at 06:41 AM. Reason: ironically edited for clarification
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:20 AM   #126   Add To Ignore List  
Untitled
 
Joined: May 2011
 
StealthToast is offline
Default Re: Does anyone actually PLAY Serious Sam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekazuya0.60 View Post
now seriously stop with that talk or ill get mad!
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/200/420/BRTky.jpg?1321408042

PS: Btw, might as well rename the thread to "Does anyone actually BUY Serious Sam?" now.

Last edited by StealthToast; 11-07-2012 at 06:30 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:40 AM   #127   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜
 
Scratch's Avatar
 
Crackshell Developer
Joined: May 2007
Location: Heiloo, Netherlands
 
Scratch is offline
Default Re: Does anyone actually PLAY Serious Sam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan View Post
All my games are purchased legally. You think I could pirate things with MY internet speeds? BAHAHAHA No. It's more convenient to buy a disc, plus I like being able to patch my games and play online. =P So doing it the right way is always best.
I've had some people who asked me to play Borderlands 2 with them, only to find out they were all running a pirated copy, so I couldn't join because I have a Steam copy. *sigh*
__________________
I'm a cat by the way. I'm also everyone's most hated critic.
(Opinions expressed are my own)

Nimble Writer - now available on Steam, Itch.io.
CodeCat, my blog that I need to update - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution or Bogus Detour. Please use the appropriate community hubs for that.)
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:41 AM   #128   Add To Ignore List  
Ugh-Zan III
 
Brute's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
 
Brute is offline
Default Re: Does anyone actually PLAY Serious Sam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
I've had some people who asked me to play Borderlands 2 with them, only to find out they were all running a pirated copy, so I couldn't join because I have a Steam copy. *sigh*
Wow that's... depressing.
__________________
.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:53 AM   #129   Add To Ignore List  
Praise the Sun!
 
evil_Vasile's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: The Internet
 
evil_Vasile is offline
Default Re: Does anyone actually BUY Serious Sam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute View Post
It's because of pirates like you that honest customers like us are charged so much for games these days.
/Disagree

I think we're charged so much for games because publishers CAN charge so much for games and we still buy them. The pirating is just an excuse for them to do so. I'm sure that even if piracy wasn't a problem they'd find some other excuse.

Not that there aren't fair priced games out there. I'm just talking about the standard 60$ = 60€ AAA bigshots.

Why charge less when people are willing to pay more?...


Re: New thread title:

Buy? Nah, I just messaged Croteam on Facebook one day saying "Yo, I heard you made this cool game with naked boob harpy-lady witch spiders and Egypt, can I have it for free because why not?" And they responded something like: "Woah, you have guts asking us for free stuff like that, ok, here are twenty copies!"

You won't find any proof of that ever happening though because it was actually in a parallel universe.

Also in another parallel universe they just responded with: " Shirley you can't be serious!" To which I said: "I am serious. And don't call me Shirley."

Last edited by evil_Vasile; 11-07-2012 at 06:56 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:53 AM   #130   Add To Ignore List  
Banned
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Germany
 
Gnaarwarian is offline
Default Re: Does anyone actually PLAY Serious Sam?

An interesting juristic fact: In some Country (like mine Germany) law say this, if you are bying a game which requires an Account the purchase contract should be included the Steam EULA to sign by bying.
How many of you would buy a game then if you gotta sign before making the purchase contract, you had to sign a 10-100 page EULA?

Also like everybody knows before bying big compilcated things, you still got the right to say first i read the whole contract. Which includes the Steam EULA in my example.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:11 AM   #131   Add To Ignore List  
Ugh-Zan III
 
Brute's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
 
Brute is offline
Default Re: Does anyone actually BUY Serious Sam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_Vasile View Post
/Disagree
I think we're charged so much for games because publishers CAN charge so much for games and we still buy them. The pirating is just an excuse for them to do so. I'm sure that even if piracy wasn't a problem they'd find some other excuse.
I suggest you look into the issue more. Statistical studies just don't support that. It's very difficult for game developers to regain the development costs with sales these days due to how exponentially expensive it is to make modern, AAA games. Additionally, piracy has a crippling effect on game sales, often undermining the economic viability of making a game at all if it's going to be released on the PC platform. Even with all of EAs price-gouging bullshit, even they are trying to move away from conventional, $60 game-models (and into free-to-play) because standard games are simply not economically viable (sorry for sounding redundant there, but it's late and I don't feel like thinking of an applicable synonym ).

A user here posted a very informative article on the issue not long ago. I almost want to say it was Viper, NMR, or AS, but I can't recall who for the life of me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekazuya0.60 View Post
this is even more borning than it was!
I am now almost certain you are a simple troll.
__________________
.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:26 AM   #132   Add To Ignore List  
Oh Long Johnson
 
noam2000's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
 
noam2000 is offline
Default Re: Does anyone actually PLAY Serious Sam?

wow,from a thread that was about if anyone plays SS3,it became a thread about pirating

long ago i used to pirate too,since there was a problem everytime i tried to purchase a game,i tried so much to fix it but nothing helped,and i thought why shouldn't i play the game i love? i had no other choice than to pirate (sadly),but than i got myself a visa and fixed everything :p, and now i always buy games (i even bought games that i pirated)

PS: Please Dont kill me

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/9766/cutecatfaces2.jpg

Last edited by noam2000; 11-07-2012 at 07:31 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:16 AM   #133   Add To Ignore List  
Banned
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Germany
 
Gnaarwarian is offline
Default Re: Does anyone actually PLAY Serious Sam?

@Brute: What about the revolutionary step to make a game cheaper, lets see take minus 10$ or 10?

What about to get away from the crazy idea, that the player must seen (or it must showed him) the most action in the first hours of the game, isn't one of the difference between game and movie its interactive, why not let these go through stortytelling!?

But wait lets not ask the gamers what they want, no the publishers got analysts.
Hoooray, Hoooray they read out what we, the gamers, want!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:11 AM   #134   Add To Ignore List  
Praise the Sun!
 
evil_Vasile's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: The Internet
 
evil_Vasile is offline
Default Re: Does anyone actually BUY Serious Sam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute View Post
I suggest you look into the issue more. Statistical studies just don't support that. It's very difficult for game developers to regain the development costs with sales these days due to how exponentially expensive it is to make modern, AAA games. Additionally, piracy has a crippling effect on game sales, often undermining the economic viability of making a game at all if it's going to be released on the PC platform. Even with all of EAs price-gouging bullshit, even they are trying to move away from conventional, $60 game-models (and into free-to-play) because standard games are simply not economically viable (sorry for sounding redundant there, but it's late and I don't feel like thinking of an applicable synonym ).
It is true that I don't have any solid data to back my thoughts on the issue, but I wouldn't just trust statistics either.

I just don't think that big companies can justify prices with the piracy argument.

EA for example and the Mass Effect series, they have the game with the base price, as far as I know it has some priced DLC, then there's all the Razer peripheral line which I bet brings them some hefty profit, plus any other such similar cross-media deal.

Also I don't agree with piracy being related just with the PC when I know that at least in my country, xbox-es and Wiis get pirated just as much. (And probably other consoles that aren't the PS3).

I don't really see how accurate data on piracy could be aquired in the first place, unless you slip in your software some routines that somehow monitor if a copy is pirated or not and send you feedback. (Which might violate some privacy laws?... I really have no idea there.)


... and I'm not saying that they should lower the standard $60 dollar price either, just not charge more in euros...

Or at least do as Croteam and others do and price things accordingly to the country you're selling them in.

Don't sell things here at the same price as in the UK where people have way bigger incomes and expect everyone to buy it.


Edit: I do agree that it's probably hard for developers to regain the developing costs; _developers_, not publishers that is.

Last edited by evil_Vasile; 11-07-2012 at 11:17 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:51 AM   #135   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy
 
Solais's Avatar
 
Croteam Representative
Joined: Nov 2009
 
Solais is offline
Default Re: Does anyone actually PLAY Serious Sam?

My only contribution to this talk is asking a question: How much did the games cost back then? I mean for things like the NES, SNES and the other consoles of the time.
__________________
Since Old Lost Age I Shine

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop


While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:07 PM   #136   Add To Ignore List  
Banned
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Germany
 
Gnaarwarian is offline
Default Re: Does anyone actually PLAY Serious Sam?

Cartridges are more expensive than DVD's or CD's. But the productions were cheaper.
Interesting Question. Also I'm not saying that Developers should get less money.
It's still a question of participation and a question of which contracts they got and sign (both Developers + Publishers).
I don't wanna pay the Lawyers and Managers of the publisher.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:16 PM   #137   Add To Ignore List  
Ugh-Zan III
 
Brute's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
 
Brute is offline
Default Re: Does anyone actually BUY Serious Sam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnaarwarian View Post
@Brute: What about the revolutionary step to make a game cheaper, lets see take minus 10$ or 10€?
What about it? Collective action problems aside, I don't see something like that changing the revenue distribution of the gaming industry all that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnaarwarian View Post
What about to get away from the crazy idea, that the player must seen (or it must showed him) the most action in the first hours of the game, isn't one of the difference between game and movie its interactive, why not let these go through stortytelling!?
But wait lets not ask the gamers what they want, no the publishers got analysts.
Hoooray, Hoooray they read out what we, the gamers, want!
Not sure what you're getting at, there. You're basically saying you want all developers to aim more toward the hardcore crowd. I do, too. But it's not going to happen because it's not financially optimal to do so. By cutting out the casual market, you limit sales drastically, making it even harder to compensate for development costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_Vasile View Post
Also I don't agree with piracy being related just with the PC when I know that at least in my country, xbox-es and Wiis get pirated just as much. (And probably other consoles that aren't the PS3).

I don't really see how accurate data on piracy could be aquired in the first place, unless you slip in your software some routines that somehow monitor if a copy is pirated or not and send you feedback. (Which might violate some privacy laws?... I really have no idea there.)
Well, it's going to be hard to debate anything if you don't trust statistics, but:
1) Statistics do show that in countries like the US, although piracy exists for concoles, it's drastically less than on the PC.
2) Those statistics are judged by comparing the game's sales from release up until when the first pirated crack shows up on popular torrents. Once that happens, game sales always drop rapidly, unindicative of typical time/sale relationships seen on consoles, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_Vasile View Post
... and I'm not saying that they should lower the standard $60 dollar price either, just not charge more in euros...
Or at least do as Croteam and others do and price things accordingly to the country you're selling them in.
Don't sell things here at the same price as in the UK where people have way bigger incomes and expect everyone to buy it.
I can't really comment on this end, as I'm not too familiar with international business or monetary value.
__________________
.

Last edited by Brute; 11-07-2012 at 12:19 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:48 PM   #138   Add To Ignore List  
Hey ladies
 
Fiendian's Avatar
 
Glowing Red Stove Top
Joined: Nov 2002
Location: Iceland
 
Fiendian is offline Send a message via ICQ to Fiendian Send a message via MSN to Fiendian
Default Re: Does anyone actually PLAY Serious Sam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
My only contribution to this talk is asking a question: How much did the games cost back then? I mean for things like the NES, SNES and the other consoles of the time.
A lot. This is an aspect of the industry that hasn't changed all that much over the past decades.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:59 PM   #139   Add To Ignore List  
Black Star
 
Devostator's Avatar
 
Seriously! Creative Moderator
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Germany
 
Devostator is offline
Default Re: Does anyone actually PLAY Serious Sam?

@evil_Vasile @Brute I see you both changed the name to BUY
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:38 PM   #140   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy
 
Solais's Avatar
 
Croteam Representative
Joined: Nov 2009
 
Solais is offline
Default Re: Does anyone actually PLAY Serious Sam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiendian View Post
A lot. This is an aspect of the industry that hasn't changed all that much over the past decades.
My point is that I heard/read that games were more expensive back then, like 100 USD and such. With that in mind, games are actually the cheapest now.
__________________
Since Old Lost Age I Shine

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop


While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:40 PM   #141   Add To Ignore List  
Hey ladies
 
Fiendian's Avatar
 
Glowing Red Stove Top
Joined: Nov 2002
Location: Iceland
 
Fiendian is offline Send a message via ICQ to Fiendian Send a message via MSN to Fiendian
Default Re: Does anyone actually PLAY Serious Sam?

I think that could be right about N64 games, don't know about others.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:43 PM   #142   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp
 
NoMercy Rider's Avatar
 
Seriously! Beardmaster
Joined: Jun 2001
Location: Oregon, USA
 
NoMercy Rider is offline
Default Re: Does anyone actually PLAY Serious Sam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
My point is that I heard/read that games were more expensive back then, like 100 USD and such. With that in mind, games are actually the cheapest now.
IIRC, and my memory fails me since I was pretty young and naive at the time, but I do recall NES/SNES games being about $20-30 USD... maaaybe $40. But not even close to the $100 you claim. And I believe N64 and PSOne games marketed for about $40-50. However, I don't have any solid data to back that up, but I seem to recall paying that much.
__________________
Requiescat en Pace.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:52 PM   #143   Add To Ignore List  
Praise the Sun!
 
evil_Vasile's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: The Internet
 
evil_Vasile is offline
Default Re: Does anyone actually BUY Serious Sam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute View Post
Well, it's going to be hard to debate anything if you don't trust statistics, but:
1) Statistics do show that in countries like the US, although piracy exists for concoles, it's drastically less than on the PC.
2) Those statistics are judged by comparing the game's sales from release up until when the first pirated crack shows up on popular torrents. Once that happens, game sales always drop rapidly, unindicative of typical time/sale relationships seen on consoles, etc.
Hmm, that's interesting! I think I'm gonna read up on the subject some more these days.

Just because I don't trust statistics doesn't mean I shouldn't/won't look at them; it's more of a I'm vaguely suspicious about them kind of mistrust, not the I don't believe their lies kind of trust.

I'd be a fool to deny that piracy doesn't have an impact on sales entirely now wouldn't I?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Devostator View Post
@evil_Vasile @Brute I see you both changed the name to BUY
Well only I did, Brute quoted me so he has the same post title too.

I see none of YOU are playing along with it though! Tisk tisk.

Last edited by evil_Vasile; 11-07-2012 at 01:59 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:53 PM   #144   Add To Ignore List  
Hey ladies
 
Fiendian's Avatar
 
Glowing Red Stove Top
Joined: Nov 2002
Location: Iceland
 
Fiendian is offline Send a message via ICQ to Fiendian Send a message via MSN to Fiendian
Default Re: Does anyone actually PLAY Serious Sam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMercy Rider View Post
IIRC, and my memory fails me since I was pretty young and naive at the time, but I do recall NES/SNES games being about $20-30 USD... maaaybe $40. But not even close to the $100 you claim. And I believe N64 and PSOne games marketed for about $40-50. However, I don't have any solid data to back that up, but I seem to recall paying that much.
Well I found this after a quick google search, maybe people sharing foggy memories...
http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/26428506
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:56 PM   #145   Add To Ignore List  
Black Star
 
Devostator's Avatar
 
Seriously! Creative Moderator
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Germany
 
Devostator is offline
Default Re: Does anyone actually BUY Serious Sam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_Vasile View Post
Hmm, that's interesting! I think I'm gonna read up on the subject some more these days.

Just because I don't trust statistics doesn't mean I shouldn't/won't look at them; it's more of a I'm vaguely suspicious about them kind of mistrust, not the I don't believe their lies kind of trust.

I'd be a fool to deny that piracy doesn't have an impact on sales entirely now wouldn't I?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devostator View Post
@evil_Vasile @Brute I see you both changed the name to BUY
Wasn't here something supposed to be?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:00 PM   #146   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp
 
NoMercy Rider's Avatar
 
Seriously! Beardmaster
Joined: Jun 2001
Location: Oregon, USA
 
NoMercy Rider is offline
Default Re: Does anyone actually PLAY Serious Sam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiendian View Post
Well I found this after a quick google search, maybe people sharing foggy memories...
http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/26428506
That link really doesn't help anything. Like I said, my memory is foggy, and that link doesn't help. I wish there was solid evidence, like an old magazine ad with the price listed. Within that thread, there are several different price ranges people are listing. I am seeing a few $70 N64 claims and some $50 claims.

I do seem to recall paying around $70 for Perfect Dark, but it also came with an expansion pack for the N64.
__________________
Requiescat en Pace.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:03 PM   #147   Add To Ignore List  
Black Star
 
Devostator's Avatar
 
Seriously! Creative Moderator
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Germany
 
Devostator is offline
Default I am 1 and what is this

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_Vasile View Post
Well only I did, Brute quoted me so he has the same post title too.

I see none of YOU are playing along with it though! Tisk tisk.
Ah
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:32 PM   #148   Add To Ignore List  
有毒物質
 
librin.so.1's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Kaunas, Lithuania
 
librin.so.1 is offline
Default Re: Does anyone actually PLAY Serious Sam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan View Post
People always tell me these DRM horror stories but I've never experienced them. I must be lucky or the games I play just never include 'em. Dunno. I hear Spore was awful but luckily I never bought that.
I have.
I cannot play Crysis. It always crashes on startup on my machine. I google'd the crash message and found out that SecuROM is at fault here. Even when I had a fresh windows installation with drivers, OS updates, DX, steam+crysis, all the other things required by crysis and nothing else at all, it would still crash. Have not been able to solve this yet.
The one time I played crysis was on my old machine, where it works. But, playing Crysis on 800x600 with everything set to low and having 15 FPS average is not very fun....

Well there is one way to "solve" it - use a cracked executable with secuROM disabled, but I have been reluctant to try this method. Due to it being a legal gray area. And I don't want to get my steam acc suspended for playing a game I bought...
__________________
it just werx, fam.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:34 PM   #149   Add To Ignore List  
Hey ladies
 
Fiendian's Avatar
 
Glowing Red Stove Top
Joined: Nov 2002
Location: Iceland
 
Fiendian is offline Send a message via ICQ to Fiendian Send a message via MSN to Fiendian
Default Re: Does anyone actually PLAY Serious Sam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMercy Rider View Post
That link really doesn't help anything. Like I said, my memory is foggy, and that link doesn't help. I wish there was solid evidence, like an old magazine ad with the price listed. Within that thread, there are several different price ranges people are listing. I am seeing a few $70 N64 claims and some $50 claims.

I do seem to recall paying around $70 for Perfect Dark, but it also came with an expansion pack for the N64.
There is no one true answer. Every country and even every area within a country will have a large range of prices for the same products. You will have to pick a country/area and focus on collecting data for that in particular.

One would also be inclined to go for the root; see what publishers of various games were charging per unit, since that eliminates the price variance introduced by the stores that buy those units.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:12 PM   #150   Add To Ignore List  
Lurker
 
Dankzaii's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Isengard
 
Dankzaii is offline
Default Re: Does anyone actually PLAY Serious Sam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
My only contribution to this talk is asking a question: How much did the games cost back then? I mean for things like the NES, SNES and the other consoles of the time.
1990:

Super Mario World Cartridge: $40

Today:

Super Mario World Cartridge: The seller gives you $40

  Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Classic Serious Sam II, does anyone still play it? etsamiamb Serious Sam 2 12 12-10-2012 04:38 AM
Cant launch Sam......Help! Stevo Serious Sam 2 19 04-16-2008 11:59 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:15 PM.