Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam 3

Serious Sam 3 Everything you want to know or say about Serious Sam 3!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 03:40 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

Default Hands/Weapons disappearing during Co-op play.

Due to the frequency of this problem lately, I thought I'd reach out about it.
More and more often I seem to be losing Sam's hands during co-op play. They disappear from the screen (along with any weapon I had equipped) rendering me a useless ragdoll out on the field. This only happens when I am NOT the host. It seems to be a bug where the game forgets what is supposed to be equipped. This leaves me with no ability to fight. I can only walk, jump and, duck. I can't even run away from enemies because the game doesn't let you Sprint while it's changing from hands-with-gib, back to hands-with-weapon.
The trigger is somewhere between the melee move and switching back to previous weapon.
Here's the scenario:
You're holding a weapon and you melee a Kleer
the animation of your hands go from hands-holding-weapon, to animation of tearing off head, to right hand holding kleer head.
If you sprint even 1 step the Kleer head flies out of your hand and the animation shows your hands move off screen (VERY briefly) only to return holding your previous weapon.
If you melee several enemies in a row and are running in between the animation is constantly changing. At some point the game forgets what is supposed to be next and just forgets to return my hands/weapon to the screen.
I am now completely useless in a fight except to attract enemies away from my co-op partner. Unfortunately I cannot run because you can't run during the moment of gib-back-to-weapon animation while your hands are off-screen.

I'd say out of the 15-20 times this has happened, I DID eventually get my weapon back randomly on two occasions. Otherwise I have to suicide (there goes my health and armor I just collected) or quit and rejoin.
This negatively affects game score in some games.

This has been happening a lot in the last 2-3 weeks.
If I am the server it doesn't happen, or at least hasn't happened.

My ping is usually 32-56. Game plays very well otherwise.

Any thoughts?

Oh, a bit unrelated, sometimes the gib in my hand (such as a Kleer head) gets overwritten on every melee model. So if I pull on spider heads, the Kleer head is displayed during the melee move. this seems to have saved to several of my game files so all melees show a kleer head no matter what the enemy is. Not a big deal but kind of silly lookin'. (Breaking juvenile scorps necks that have a kleer head show up for a second)
Old 11-29-2012, 03:47 PM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Black Star

Seriously! Creative Moderator

Default Re: Hands/Weapons disappearing during Co-op play.

Happened to me when playing Serious Fantasy: Legends with Pan and Finzy but not that often
Old 11-29-2012, 03:50 PM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

Happens a shit load to me, it seems to be lag related. Can't find any cause. Drives me nuts.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:54 PM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

yeah, I dealt with it when it happened a few times, but now it happens every game session, sometimes multiple times. I don't like getting ready for a big fight only to leave my partner stranded, and me waddling around like a bird looking for crackers. Suiciding isn't always wise because depending on the game mode options, you spawn in place leaving you quite vulnerable.
Would be interesting if any other people experienced this and had tips on getting Sam's hands out of his pockets.
I can still select weapons via the hotkeys, but unfortunately it doesn't bring the weapon back on-screen.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:56 PM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan View Post
Happens a shit load to me, it seems to be lag related. Can't find any cause. Drives me nuts.
Interesting you say that because last night it happened twice in a row, and then shortly after I was disconnected, which made me also think lag. But like I said, game was playing great otherwise. So only indication that our connection was getting bad was Sam's sudden lack of interest in fighting his enemies.