Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > General > Off Topic Forum

Off Topic Forum Discuss anything and everything in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-30-2001, 11:28 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

rico is offline Send a message via AIM to rico
Hey, we need a parade and everything else. I'm tired of these better-than-thou apes who think if you can't waltz thru mental mode with only yer knife and 10 health then you should leave the planet and make room for yer betters. HELL MAN the Bill of Rights and all that. I can be a f#$%*! newbie if I want to, thank you very much! And I don't have to put up with this crap silently.:angry::shocked:

(Edited by rico at 3:34 am on Mar. 31, 2001)
Old 03-30-2001, 11:33 PM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

whew. That felt good. Now seriously, I would appreciate it if you guys who are frag gods (I'm not, and I know it. I'll probably never be) would ease up a little on us who are no so great. I bought Sam because I wanted a fun game. I got it. I didn't buy it for the bragging rights or to say I can beat it better than you, but for the sake of entertainment. That's what this is all about, right? Isn't it?
     I just wish these forums could be a safe place to come and ask questions or make comments without being forsaken for my limitations. I got em, I know. That's not news to me. But how'm I gonna fix these problems or increase my ability or skill w/o saying a dammm word? Just let's have fun, and leave the one-up-manship to the politicians. K? :wink::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Old 03-31-2001, 03:23 AM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Dude, the SS community rocks.
I say this based on messageboards I've been to for other games, where the word "newbie" is an actual insult.

And don't worry about the skillz part, you'll get there.  Most of the frag gods have been playing since the first test.  
If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning; just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark.  DARK would be without meaning.
Peace, Love, and Random Stuff,
Htown
Old 03-31-2001, 02:25 PM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Anime Freak

Bwian is offline Send a message via AIM to Bwian
This board and community have probably been the nicest i've ever seen... I hope you haven't gotten the wrong impression by any of us long-time posters.
Old 03-31-2001, 07:17 PM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

yeah, you're right. this is one of the best boarsd I've ever seen, also. i just get tired of the pecking order crap that seems to permeate everywhere, not just here. I don't mean all this against anyone personally, it's just frustration against a system (NOT the SS forums) that promotes the diss-you-to-make-me-look-better garbage. to quote a famous actor, Jack Nicholson, "Why can't we all get along?":wink: :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Old 03-31-2001, 11:07 PM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Recursively Defined

Walt is offline Send a message via ICQ to Walt Send a message via AIM to Walt Send a message via MSN to Walt Send a message via Yahoo to Walt
I see where you're coming from. Luckily I never got any of this heat to begin with because I've always been the guy with the most posts anyway. Of course, I came to this board after the second one started, so I'm not a real board master (or else my name would be in the credits, non?).
This whole thing is exactly why I think ranks should either be customizable or done away with entirely. Of course, we can still see people who are new, but hey...I tried.
Old 04-01-2001, 02:45 AM   #7   Add To Ignore List  

Yeah, my first 10 posts were asking questions.  Everyone just answered them and didnt really say anything else or call me newbie or anything.  But Im not really a newbie because I was playing SS back in the testing days
Old 04-01-2001, 07:15 AM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

SplishSplash is offline Send a message via ICQ to SplishSplash
This forum has been up for two weeks now, the game hasn't been out any longer. Most of us have played the test before. How can there be newbies? We all are newbies...
Old 04-01-2001, 02:22 PM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
designer

Smithboy is offline Send a message via ICQ to Smithboy Send a message via AIM to Smithboy Send a message via MSN to Smithboy
Since the time span of this game is very short, newbies are those that are very new and the others are just semi-new.