Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Gaming > Game Talk

Game Talk Talk about your favorite games! Arrange play times! And more!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-25-2012, 04:46 AM   #361   Add To Ignore List  
Praise the Sun!

Default Re: Random game talk

Guess who's got a brand new Razer Onza and another 2 year warranty renewal!

Funny... In a way, I got 3 Razer Onzas for just 30$. It's like I have a perpetually renewing gamepad!
Old 07-25-2012, 11:50 AM   #362   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

So I read an article on IGN this morning about further details on Dead Space 3 (Link) and this quote stood out to me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGN Article
John Carver is not just an Isaac Clarke clone. We’ve gone over a bit of what makes Carver a cool Dead Space co-op character before, but he’s such an integral part of the story that you can’t access certain missions without him. Various objectives unlock only if you have a second player controlling Carver, as they pertain to who he is. This keeps Carver from becoming a nondescript, Halo-like second player -- he shows up in cinematics, he has stuff to say, and he has his own story.
So if I understand this correctly... You won't be able to play the entire game unless you play co-op... Ummm... no thanks, this just convinced me not to get this game.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:34 PM   #363   Add To Ignore List  
Praise the Sun!

I think they have the same problem as F.E.A.R. 3 had - adding co-op to an atmospheric horror-ish game - it's really hard to find someone to play with without breaking the fourth wall with a huge truck.

Most people that play games like Dead Space want to get immersed into the game and enjoy the story; well, it's kinda hard to do that when your buddy is running around bunny hopping all over the place and bragging about how he shot something in the nether regions.

Most people playing Co-op want to mess around and have fun, not pay attention to whatever deep story the characters are involved in...

...Unless they're playing Dungeons and Dragons I guess?...

Edit: Heh, I was reading the comment section and found this:
Quote:
I hope Issac's co-op partner is like Tyler Durden in Fight Club. I hope he really doesn't exist and actually tries to kill him at the end or stop him from achieving his mission.
Hah, if only!...

Last edited by evil_Vasile; 07-25-2012 at 02:18 PM.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:05 PM   #364   Add To Ignore List  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMercy Rider View Post
So I read an article on IGN this morning about further details on Dead Space 3 (Link) and this quote stood out to me:

So if I understand this correctly... You won't be able to play the entire game unless you play co-op... Ummm... no thanks, this just convinced me not to get this game.
Annnd this quote applies perfectly to the situation:

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper45 View Post
Normally I want to keep SP and MP totally separate because oftentimes one of them suffers in favor of the other (see Lost Planet 2 and how it was designed for co-op and completely fails as a solo experience)
Old 07-25-2012, 01:12 PM   #365   Add To Ignore List  
Hey ladies

Glowing Red Stove Top

Fiendian is offline Send a message via ICQ to Fiendian Send a message via MSN to Fiendian

So a giant like EA doesn't have the funds to pay programmers to write decent AI for Carver for those of us who don't play in co-op? Okay then.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:32 PM   #366   Add To Ignore List  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiendian View Post
So a giant like EA doesn't have the funds to pay programmers to write decent AI for Carver for those of us who don't play in co-op? Okay then.
Oh they have enough funds alright. Chances are they're trying to add "value" to the multiplayer so they can get even more money. I don't know if you knew, but EA and some other companies have been including a one-time use Online Pass code in the console versions of their games. You can't play multiplayer without that code. What that means is anyone who buys the game used won't have access to multiplayer until they pay EA $10 for an Online Pass.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:44 AM   #367   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

The Worms Facebook game has opened up Beta testing. Totally getting in on that action. I love that series.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:15 AM   #368   Add To Ignore List  
Praise the Sun!

Worms Facebook game?! Hmm... I might for once actually have a good reason to make a (fake) facebook account some day... (Well other than that fake account I used to get the Tribes Beta key and for Steam Badges...)
Old 08-12-2012, 03:42 PM   #369   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

Deponia is a gmae that was just released on steam. It reminds me SO MUCH of Monkey Island 3 that I just want want want want want want want it. I loved that games style so god damn much and have never found another one like it. BAM! THIS GAME COMES OUT OF NOWHERE! I want it... but i have no money. *sigh*

I mean come on, it takes ****ing inspiration from The Hitchikers Guide, Simpsons/Futurama and Discworld. I LOVE ALL 3 OF THOSE THINGS!
Old 08-12-2012, 09:37 PM   #370   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Facebooh ugh creepy enough. I HATE FB !!!!!
Old 08-13-2012, 04:09 PM   #371   Add To Ignore List  
Praise the Sun!

@Pan, Wow! That sounds really really fun! Gotta look into this Deponia thing, hehe!
Old 08-16-2012, 12:41 AM   #372   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

EA apparently cancelled Command and Conquer Generals 2. I can't find any articles but alot of people are reporting this. (Although I didn't look very hard) If it is true, EA just ****ed up badly. I don't want to play their shitty P2W C&C replacement instead, nooooo. C&CG2 or bust.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:40 AM   #373   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Thumbs up Re: Random game talk

Aliens: Colonial Marines

http://store.steampowered.com/app/49...r=1_4_4__105_2
Old 08-28-2012, 12:35 PM   #374   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

I'm currently playing a game called Toy Soldiers. If you like turret defense games then this is one I would recommend to everyone. I normally hate these types of games. They're bland as **** and deserve to die. I mean christ they're all so bland. I mean most of 'em are top down shooters but then you get some really great one's like Sanctum and Toy Soldiers.

Buuuuttt this one is special, but not in the dur my mom loves me kind of way! This one is cool! You can control the units that you construct. They're very well detailed and they are perfectly balanced and everything has it's uses. Unlike some where you just upgrade to the best tower you can get - if you don't have a certain type you're gonna get rolled. The thing that sets it apart though is the fact that when you play - you gain access to actual fighting units.

Just now I was in a battlefield and I was attacked by biplanes, but I then gained access to my own. So whilst my turrets fought the infantry and tanks below, the AA and myself flew in the sky and blew the enemy out of it! It was great!

There's plenty of stuff to play with one long campaign and 2 free campaigns that come included on the pc package. Also little challenges and stuff. For $10 it's not bad but it is lacking in a lot of areas. There's not much for re playability but if you do enjoy just sitting back and blasting stuff away then it is pretty good. No multi player or anything or skirmish so that sucks but it does have level select so you can just go back to the one you enjoy most.

I give it a 6/10. I do recommend it for fans of the genre or those that are interested in the early war kind of settings where things are still being developed.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:23 AM   #375   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

Bumparoo, double post.
Sims 3:
I was on an epic playthrough of my Young Adult sim named "John". He was about to age up to an adult (Hilariously enough in 2 days). He was doing a "You are special" sing-a-gram and he caught on fire whilst in Vale Park or whatever it's called. He died. That's fine - the thing that angered me was that NO ONE noticed despite there being so many people around there and me as well as there being TWO FIRE FIGHTERS JUST STANDING AROUND WHO DID NOTHING.

I was on a no-reload save run so if he died - he died. But this kind of death is unacceptable! What the hell happened? Not a single Sim even noticed, SOME TRIED TO "Chat" with me. I WAS ON FIRE. I haven't seen many bugs apart from invisible Sims but this one takes the cake as most infuriating.
Old 09-01-2012, 01:02 PM   #376   Add To Ignore List  
Ugh-Zan III

Maybe they noticed and just didn't care?
Old 09-01-2012, 01:03 PM   #377   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

Wow. My best friends left me to die.... *eyes S! curiously* Mistrust grows within me.
Old 09-01-2012, 01:37 PM   #378   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

Quantum Conundrum is only $3 with coupon code 1GFT82012 from gamefly.
Old 09-01-2012, 01:37 PM   #379   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

Bah, to think I've gone as far as not wanting to spend $3 on something at this point. BRUTE BEING FRUGAL IS HARD MAN.

Edit: But it is a good to see that I retain self control.

Last edited by Pan; 09-01-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:15 PM   #380   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

You are a stronger man than me Pan.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:26 PM   #381   Add To Ignore List  
Ugh-Zan III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan View Post
Bah, to think I've gone as far as not wanting to spend $3 on something at this point. BRUTE BEING FRUGAL IS HARD MAN.

Edit: But it is a good to see that I retain self control.
I know, Nero. I know.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:44 PM   #382   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Primal Carnage

http://store.steampowered.com/app/215470/
Old 09-05-2012, 03:41 PM   #383   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

So whenever I think FPS, I think of this one game. I could never remember what it was. It had this epic pearl harbour level with lots of action and death with incredibly sad music. Then you go to the jungles against the japanese and the part that I ALWAYS remembered was the medic vomiting if you get injured really badly.

Turns out it was Medal of Honour: Pacific Assault. Playing it right now, my god I'm having fun with this too. It was like FPS's before they became casual. =P The squad is interesting, music top notch and the action is pretty damn well varied!

Edit:

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/09/pho...5-screenshots/

WORKS. CANNOT DESCRIBE. HOW HAPPY. THIS MAKES ME. *cries tears of joy*

Last edited by Pan; 09-06-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:47 AM   #384   Add To Ignore List  
有毒物質

Decided to install Dragon Age: Origins which I got during Steam summer sale.
Read the EULA... Not know if want =S
Some parts of the EULA are complete BS with less than nice implications to the user. Now, wondering if I should agree with that EULA. As I feel reluctant to do so.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:02 AM   #385   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

Wait, what? You actually read EULAs? You should have your mother accept it. That way you are not liable in any way.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty

Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)
Old 09-18-2012, 12:49 PM   #386   Add To Ignore List  
有毒物質

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discy View Post
Wait, what? You actually read EULAs? You should have your mother accept it. That way you are not liable in any way.
But then, according to the EULA, I could not play. My mother could only do that if she accepted the EULA 'stead of me.
(Yes, the EULA says so. And that is only a small piece of BS in the EULA compared to the Mountains le Bullcrepé I found there.)

P.S. I already accepted it
Old 09-18-2012, 12:57 PM   #387   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

For the most part EULA's are pointless walls of text that only serves to protect the publisher's own ass. Very rarely do publishers pursure EULA violations, and it is almost never your average user (trying to avoid making a blanket statement). In fact, there have been a few instances where more stringent EULA's have not held up in court.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:15 PM   #388   Add To Ignore List  
Ugh-Zan III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute View Post
I know, Nero. I know.
WTF was I talking about?
Old 09-18-2012, 11:06 PM   #389   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute View Post
WTF was I talking about?
I have no freaking idea, I just let it slide. Funnily enough I read this post whilst looking through this thread yesterday and asked myself the same question.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:06 AM   #390   Add To Ignore List  
有毒物質

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMercy Rider View Post
For the most part EULA's are pointless walls of text that only serves to protect the publisher's own ass. Very rarely do publishers pursure EULA violations, and it is almost never your average user (trying to avoid making a blanket statement). In fact, there have been a few instances where more stringent EULA's have not held up in court.
If I understand that EULA correctly, one part of it says:

Some talaneted dude: "Oh boy! I reelly liek 'dis gaim! I am alsho an arrtist so imma going *fanart* *fanart* *fanart*"
EA: "Mmm... This art is really good. It is vaguely based on this game of ours. And since you played this game, it means you accepted the EULA. And EULA's paragraph *don't remember the number* states if you make anything, whatever it is, even indirectly based on our game in any way, you automatically forfeit all the rights to your creation and transfer those to us. *Yoink* we'll take that. BTW, thanks for 'da free promotional art, man! These things usually cost lotsa muneis to us."