Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam Classic > Serious Sam Classic Workshop > Serious Sam Classic SDK

Serious Sam Classic SDK Discuss coding ideas & problems or show tutorials and code snippets.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-26-2001, 04:09 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

I posted a message in general about how to do a "look strafe" like in Q3 (mouse Y axis does f/b when strafe button is held. Caid told me I could probably write a script to do it, but I am unclear how.

It looks like I would have to have a conditional statement that would depend on the state of the strafe variable.

Can someone show me how to bind an axis change to a variable or keypress?

Thanks!
Old 04-27-2001, 02:41 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Unfortunately, this is not possible to do from the script. You'd need to change the entities.dll. Namely the part where it does ComposeActionPacket.

Alen
Old 04-28-2001, 12:18 AM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

Thanks. Any chance that you'll fix this soon? It really kind of makes it impossible for me to play. I'm very uncoordinated and it took me a long time to get used to the style I use for FPS's.

I've tried just about every configuration of this game, but I can't find one that allows me to enjoy it.

For example, just now I dragged out my Sidewinder that I haven't used since Jedi Knight. I thought I was in heaven because SS supported the axis that allows me to twist to turn (I love that!) but now I can't figure out how to invert the Y axis for looking. I have the Y axis bound to Look U/D and I tried setting invert there and also on the main screen. No matter what I do, pulling back looks down and pushing forward looks up (blecch!)

Once more, there's just one little thing standing in my way of enjoying this game. Is there a tutorial for configuring or something? The manual doesn't really help much.

Thanks.

Old 05-08-2001, 04:29 AM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Inverting only look u/d should work. Just invert that axis, not in the global menu, and it should work.

Alen
Old 05-08-2001, 01:14 PM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

One would think so, but unfortunately it doesn't.

Old 05-09-2001, 09:33 AM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Ok, I just do this:

While in game, press F4. Toggle the 'invert' trigger'. Or go to 'advanced joystick options' select 'look u/d'. Then toggle the 'invert' trigger.

It works for me.

Alen
Old 05-09-2001, 10:42 AM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

Maybe it has something to do with the joystick? The one I am using is a Microsoft Sidewinder that is about 3 years old (I don't get out much :&gt )