Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam Classic

Serious Sam Classic Discuss anything and everything relating to Serious Sam Classic and its 2 parts; The First Encounter and The Second Encounter.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-29-2003, 08:46 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

Question Do not have mod " on Serious Deathmatch 3.0 join

I upgraded to v1.07 to see if it would help. I checked the FAQs, but didn't see anything like this. I hope I haven't repeated anything.

In Seriously Warped Deathmatch, version 3.0:
Every site/game I've tried to join, I keep getting a message that I don't have mod " - literally, mod ", as if maybe I should know which mod I don't have, and the quotation mark is enough. The message says, "Do you want to connect to the web site?", and the web link is to www.croteam/mods/Old, which is a bad link.

I looked around for a mod named ", but didn't find one. Of course, I assume there is something else wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.

(I tried, after starting SWD 3.0, to load the mod for SWD since I thought maybe I was just ignorant and maybe I have to load the mod despite loading the program, but I got strange results and no fix.)

Thanks in advance for anyone who knows what I'm talking about and is willing to shed some light.

outofbox454
Fresh out of the box, and into your forum.
Old 01-29-2003, 09:16 PM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Raindrops and roses

Well, there's a couple things I can see.

I'm only aware of SWD being up to release version 2.01 at this point. And I only know of it being set right now for First Encounter. http://files.seriouszone.com/catdisplay.php?catid=5 At it's current setting, I think it's only set to work with the 1.04 patch, due to this topic here: http://forums.seriouszone.com/s...437#post352437

That you saw a v. 3.0 is possibly because they are working on an updated version, or an SE version (I don't know if the 1.07 patch you speak of is for SE or the Linux of FE). Anyway, your best place to look through would be in the Seriously Warped Deathmatch forums under the mod topics.

I hope that helps you out somewhat. If I'm speaking out of my arse, don't mind me: I tend to do that from time to time...

And welcome to the community!
"To do evil is like sport to a fool, But a man of understanding has wisdom." - Proverbs 10:23
Old 01-29-2003, 10:24 PM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

seriously deathmatch is included in se.
Old 01-29-2003, 10:27 PM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Spy Killah

Seriously! Reaper

They said they were going to release a patch in JULY of last year. Obviously that hasn't happened.

http://www.seriouszone.com/cms/news....iew&newsid=953

Edit: I just noticed I posted that on my birthday. heh...
Old 01-29-2003, 10:31 PM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Raindrops and roses

Quote:
Originally posted by Louva-Deus
seriously deathmatch is included in se.
Yeah, I keep being told that, forgetting, posting irrelevant material, being reminded again... Ugh, it seems to be a never ending circle.

I just don't ever play DM.
"To do evil is like sport to a fool, But a man of understanding has wisdom." - Proverbs 10:23
Old 02-04-2003, 08:28 AM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

Smile Thanks for the information.

Thanks for the info, all.

Actually, I eventually figured out that I was only receiving this problem when I directly opened the program "Seriously Warped Deathmatch 3.0" from the shortcut that the "Serious Sam: SE" installer set up. When I choose "Network" within the "Serious Sam: SE", and then join a game, that part works fine. I did not, however, try to launch a server, but that's sort of irrelevant for me.

Yes, sorry, I had gotten lost in the list of discussion groups, and ended up placing this in general before I realized there is a specific SWD set of threads. Ooops. (I still don't remember reading anything on the specific no mod " message, though.)

Alas, my 85th-90th percentile deathmatch skills back when I used to play UT did not avail me in the pummeling I received from my fellow Sam-ites... Samsonites... er, whatever (you can tell from my posts I'm not so great with nomenclature).

Gracias.

PS - Of course, I now have to reinstall my OS because of some bad video codecs I unknowingly installed. But that's Bill's fault, not Sam's. Come to think of it, I'm not too fond of any of the other BeeGees, either. But I digress.
Old 02-04-2003, 11:44 AM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Exotech Larva

"Samers"

That's how we're called.
Happy to see that the problem's solved!
I am the postmonkey!

I AM THE ÜBER-MONKEY!!!
Old 02-09-2003, 07:07 PM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
Outside the Wall

SWDM 3.0 comes with newer versions of SS:SE (I should know, I have the newer version)