Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam Classic > Serious Sam Classic Workshop > Serious Editor

Serious Editor Discuss mapping ideas & problems or show tutorials and maps.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-19-2017, 04:00 AM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

Question End a level in Serious Editor 1?

I am currently working on a level for SS:TSE, but I'm not very familiar with the editor, and I don't know everything. So, I'm asking: how to make the level end when the player walks into a certain spot?
Old 08-19-2017, 04:25 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Default Re: End a level in Serious Editor 1?

Typically you trigger a WorldLink to make the player go to a different level.

You could take a look at how it works at the of any TSE level, too.

Nimble Writer - now available on Steam, Itch.io.
CodeCat, my blog that I need to update - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution or Bogus Detour. Please use the appropriate community hubs for that.)
Old 08-19-2017, 06:26 AM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

You need to chain several player entities in order to put a level end. Also the setting of those entities depend on that is this a single level, or is a part of two or more levels campaign. Best way is, as Angelo said, to open a level from SE and see the entities used, and also their settings.
Old 08-19-2017, 06:34 AM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

To end the game (show NETRICSA, high score screen, main menu) you have to trigger a PlayerActionMarker with "Action" set to RecordStats with "Wait" being the amount of seconds for par time (setting 3600 gives a par time of an hour). That marker targets another PlayerActionMarker with action set to EndOfGame.

To show NETRICSA and then load the next level trigger a PlayerActionMarker with "Action" set to RecordStats (again with "Wait" for par time). That marker targets another PlayerActionMarker with "Action" set to ShowStats (this one shows NETRICSA). This marker needs its "Trigger" set to a WorldLink, with World set to the .wld file of the next level. Set "Type" to fixed so it goes to a player marker (relative puts you on the same coordinates as you exited the previous level).
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty

Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)
Old 08-19-2017, 09:01 AM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discy View Post
To end the game (show NETRICSA, high score screen, main menu) you have to trigger a PlayerActionMarker with "Action" set to RecordStats with "Wait" being the amount of seconds for par time (setting 3600 gives a par time of an hour). That marker targets another PlayerActionMarker with action set to EndOfGame.

To show NETRICSA and then load the next level trigger a PlayerActionMarker with "Action" set to RecordStats (again with "Wait" for par time). That marker targets another PlayerActionMarker with "Action" set to ShowStats (this one shows NETRICSA). This marker needs its "Trigger" set to a WorldLink, with World set to the .wld file of the next level. Set "Type" to fixed so it goes to a player marker (relative puts you on the same coordinates as you exited the previous level).
I used the first method you suggested and it works. Thank you