Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam HD

Serious Sam HD Discuss anything and everything about Serious Sam HD, the official remake of SS:FE on Serious Engine 3.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2011, 11:41 PM   #31   Add To Ignore List  
#AltFurry

Valerie Valens is offline Send a message via AIM to Valerie Valens
Default Re: [OFFICIAL RFC] What to fix in the next patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeb89 View Post
I agree with having a slider from 80 to 110, but the 3rd person view is very zoomed out as it is! Making it even wider would be absolutely ridiculous, and drawing it closer would also br pointless since you are giving yourslef a disadvantage. Keep 3rd locked as it is.
Tell that to the seasoned Quake 3 players who use 3rd person views with the Quake Pro FOV.

Quote:
Valerie, you may be better than me in many many things, but I can assure you serious sam deathmatch is not one of them. I have been playing VS for years (you already know) and I hearby assure Croteam that 80/160 is the perfect balance (160 being the double of 80).
I don't really like giving DM lessons on forums but in this case i feel it is my solemn duty to do so for the sake of this game not getting broken from suggestions forwarded from unexperienced players.
First off, I'd like to point out that any aggressive attacks in DM are generally started once a player has a 100/100 stack. 180 scope leaves you only with 20hp left, as opposed to the 40hp if the scope was set to 160 damage. Now 20hp means you are nearly dead already, 40hp forces the player to follow up the sniper hit with something "decent" not just a little joke of a 20hp hit. You need to have the option to retreat if hit by a camper (or any sniper). 40hp gives you a chance, 20hp doesn't.
60 noscope damage on the other hand is so weak that there would be absolutely no point to ever use it, because:
1. it's harder to hit someone using noscope
2. 60 damage is worthless when a mere shotgun can inflict up to 140 at medium range with little effort. 80 is justifiable.
You may have a point, but in Serious Sam DM, having 40 HP and 20 HP left doesn't make much of a difference, given how fast-paced and damaging the weapons are supposed to be. You also have to remember that the Sniper is a rare weapon and lining up a shot while scoped and in motion is especially difficult. You will want to keep the damage output at roughly around 150 damage for most weapons. Since the sniper takes a bit of skill to use effectively, giving a +20% damage to the par of 150 will reward skilled players. Taking unscoped potshots is a pretty unskilled way of using the sniper. That is why it should be 1/3 of the damage output of the scoped sniper, not 1/2. Because that would put the skill ceiling for sniper useage too low.

Quote:
I agree rockets are fine and should be left untouched, but seriously HOW CAN YOU suggest grenades be kept unbalanced as they are?!
The grenade launcher should be an ASSISTANCE weapon to FOLLOW up your gaming style and to cover key areas where you do not want your opponent to go, and certainly not an overpowered noob tool that you grab to use all the time to get cheap kills by spamming everywhere at random. Or even hypothetically, if you aim directly at players , it's still shameful that it takes only 1 freaking hit to kill somebody on spawn. Settig GL to 100 damage instead of 175 implies that you should not abuse the weapon. 100 is still a LOT for something that should be used as a deterrant to cover key zones. Take Q3 for example. Who goes around with the GL in their hand ready to fire? Nobody. It's used as a TACTICAL weapon, not for direct assault dealing tons of damage with a super fast lamer hitscan speed.
>tactical
>grenade launcher

LOL no way! Actually, grenades do 120 damage as opposed to 100 damage for the rockets in quake 3. 175 over the rocket launcher's 150 is roughly the same ratio. The -5 damage is a balance to prevent unskilled players from tap-spamming grenades and getting rewarded for it. Honestly, it's not that bad because, it is meant to be a carpet-bombing area-denial weapon with a very low chance of actually scoring a hit. Giving it a nerfed damage value would make it completely useless.

Quote:
Random? You've got to be kidding me. This game is not Team Fortress 2 where we need to give kills to the unworthy. This is an Arena, serious, FPS game. Weapons need to be RELIABLE and we need to calculate every action we make. It would be really fun if the shotguns started behaving randomly, wouldn't it? Not...
Keep shotguns untouched.
I don't think you understand chaos theory that well. Making the shotgun spread pattern more random and less quantized in terms of damage dealt per pellet would lend itself to giving more consistent results of damage dealt as a function of distance to target. Which is what shotguns are meant to be.

Quote:
*Facepalm*
Keep unchanged!
Of all of the weapons in Serious Sam DM, the Minigun is the only one that could legitimately be considered overpowered, and that is because of its pinpoint accuracy. This is made even worse int he HD version of the game, since the ammo consumption is lowered while keeping the same DPS. If you bring back how the minigun functions in classic SS DM in hard mode, and widening its spread cone, it would be more balanced since it would encourage players to use the tommygun more to engage in long distance firefights if they don't have the sniper.

Quote:
Well, since you never have more than 400HP at any given time, I don't see how that is of any revelance.
Radius damage.

Quote:
Ok ... are you intentionally trolling or are you really trying to be serious? Can you imagine how annoying that would be? You'd get people annoyed at losing, continuosly blowing themselves up for the sake of trolling and ruining the game for decent players.
If you make it a very rare item that spawns after a long period of time, then it will be balanced, since very few people will have them at a time. Plus it kills the user, setting their score back by one point. I have tested this concept out with Finzy's SS2 DM pro mod, and I have to say that the idea works out really well. None of what you said that will happen had actually happened.

Quote:
I'd like to point out that I have nothing against people suggesting new features, but please do not talk about what you don't know.
I am pretty sure that I know what I am talking about, and I am sure that you, as an experienced UT player, would concede there is a solid basis for my suggestions, since that game runs on a similar logic for weapon balance.

Quote:
It's vital that deathmatch gets properly balanced so that Serious Sam HD may finally make it's way onto the competitive gaming scene. This however will only happen if the job is done properly.
It can be done, but not by you alone, and not all of your ideas are sound.

Last edited by Valerie Valens; 12-08-2011 at 11:44 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:33 PM   #32   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

sup this is my suggestion list
-----------------------------------------------
-----------------Versus changes------------
knife -reduce dmg from 100 to 75, remove or fix backstab because when u hit a player in a back it couts as normal CUT (it just happens sometimes....... k like 35% of the time)

colts- just like zeb said no point to have reload on this weapon

tommygun- make it 75% more accurate, so we can use this weapon for something

minigun- reduce the dmg from 20 to 10 make it 900 shoots/min (600 is now)

rockets- speed them up OR make splash dmg 75 from 50 (classic had 75)

grenades- reduce the dmg from 175 to 100, splash dmg max 100 , increse the fire angle to 15-25 degree ,right now u need to aim very high so that nade will go where u want maybe its cos of games gravity i dono ; / but its not the same as it was in classic

sniper-reduce dmg from 300 to 140 zoomed and without
-------------------------------------------------------------
----------non Versus (single/coop)-------------------

shotty single and double- 2x faster fire speed

tommygun- just like for versus more accurate 75%

rockets- speed them up

grenades- higher shooting angle just like in versus suggested

so there u go simple changes that in my opinion should balance things.
------------other changes------------
in custom options when creating a server add
allow third person on/off when off u wont be able to turn on 3rd person, (default will be on )
allow powerups on/off same here default is on
--when infinate ammo is On make sure that ammo boxes are removed from map , only boxes that trigger the events should stay
-- allow armor items and health items- this does not work properly when off items are still on the mp (versus)
--serious damage should be x2 damage not x3
--- at configure keys i want to pick knife first then chainsaw example... when u use rockets and u swich to 1 and u have both chainsaw and knife it wil first go to chainsaw and then to knife but u want to use a knife so make some simple thing that will allow us to edit wich weapons we want first to pick ( i hope u all get what i mean )

k thats it for now

i agree with most of stuff that was posted here that netcode needs a fix and dlc maps have to work and other stuff BUT my weapon changes are better

Last edited by totalenigma; 12-10-2011 at 12:13 AM.
Old 12-10-2011, 04:02 AM   #33   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Zeb89 is offline Send a message via MSN to Zeb89

Ok, I understand the theories behind some of your suggestions, but I will go ahead and reccomend Croteam to follow up my indications, which I obviously regard the most accurate and balanced.

I can assure you that this will result in the best balanced versus gameplay possible, just wait and see. You will thank me afterwards
Old 12-12-2011, 04:23 AM   #34   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Why not extra Sprinting in the new patch ?
Old 12-12-2011, 06:33 AM   #35   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

:O HD is not Serious Sam 3. Sprinting would complicate many things even for SP or Coop, let alone deathmatch.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:28 AM   #36   Add To Ignore List  
Albino Cyclops

Well, let's not also forget that even if sam 3 has just an updated version of the engine,
Sprinting would require a totally new code, new animations, and would probably make new bugs.
There's also no point on having it since Sam is faster in HD.

Like total enigma said, rockets should be a bit faster,i mean, if while falling you shoot a rocket right down you, you'll get hit by it since your gravity is stronger than the rocket's speed
Old 12-12-2011, 11:05 AM   #37   Add To Ignore List  
#AltFurry

I think a better idea would be to have the player's movement added to the rocket's starting velocity, which decays into the rocket's usual speed and angle.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:47 PM   #38   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie Valens View Post
I think a better idea would be to have the player's movement added to the rocket's starting velocity, which decays into the rocket's usual speed and angle.
if i unerstand this correcly it will work like this example..rocket speed 150 , player run speed 100 so the rocket that he will fire while running will have 250 speed?

player standing 0 speed and shooting that will just make 150 speed

if falling 300+ and more and+ 150 from rocket that will give 450++

if u mean something like that then i like it a lot, basicly it wont be possible to shoot yourselfe while u fall this would look amazing on jump over map with the bouncers that give u super jump so the rocket would have 700++ speed xD
i would like to see this happening if possible
Old 12-13-2011, 10:02 AM   #39   Add To Ignore List  
Albino Cyclops

If something like that has to be done, then the damage must be inversely proportional to the speed, i mean, i'd rage to see myself getting killed by a rocket faster than a blue hedgehog
because someone fired it while using a jump pad.
Well, to avoid the damage being null, there could be a limit of the reduction, let's say a rocket
can't give less than 50 damage
Old 12-13-2011, 11:09 AM   #40   Add To Ignore List  
有毒物質

what if the player is running backwards?
Hello, painfully slow projectiles!
Old 12-13-2011, 01:27 PM   #41   Add To Ignore List  
#AltFurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalenigma View Post
if i unerstand this correcly it will work like this example..rocket speed 150 , player run speed 100 so the rocket that he will fire while running will have 250 speed?

player standing 0 speed and shooting that will just make 150 speed

if falling 300+ and more and+ 150 from rocket that will give 450++

if u mean something like that then i like it a lot, basicly it wont be possible to shoot yourselfe while u fall this would look amazing on jump over map with the bouncers that give u super jump so the rocket would have 700++ speed xD
i would like to see this happening if possible
If the player is not moving, the rocket will fire at speed 150 and stay at that speed.

If the player is moving forward at a speed of 150 at the direction of the rocket when they fire, then the rocket will start at a speed of 300, and eventually decay to 150 speed.

if the player is running backwards at a speed of 150 when they fire, the rocket will start stationary in mid air, but will eventually accelerate to 150 speed.

If the player is strafing sideways at a speed of 150 when they fire, the rocket will start travelling at 212 speed 45 degrees to the side, and will eventually curve towards the direction of fire at a speed of 150.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:53 PM   #42   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

hmmm making rocket o 100 dmg as hit and 50 splash would balance it i think, there are just few maps with bouncers that could make rocket go rly fast so i dont see this as something overpowered, u got the minigun that IS overpowered 20dmg per bullet instant hit, givin rockets that speed only in some places will work quite well imo.
backpedal or strafe or fall as long as player model is in move then rockets should gain that extra speed.
but is it eaven possible to do it we can write pages about it and will turn out.... sry guys not possible
Old 12-21-2011, 08:10 PM   #43   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Remaning issues to fix, as of now:

- Serious Damage spawn modification has caused a new bug which prevents it from ever being dropped by fragged players.

- Kleer Kenny character still has no gibbing sound.

- You can still fall through surfaces while falling from a 4-5m distance, and crouching apon hitting the ground.

- Remove realoding for dual colts in versus.

- Trouble setting up dedserver to run maps from BOTH TFE and TSE folders in succession. Apparently only 1 map list can be run at a time.
Old 12-22-2011, 05:20 AM   #44   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

nerf that minigun .....
or buff rocket speed and laser dmg

ehh i rly wonder who they listen to...
Old 12-22-2011, 05:32 AM   #45   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

http://i.imgur.com/d3Usb.jpg

Old 12-22-2011, 05:49 AM   #46   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
After The Great Pyramid Sierra the Chiapas should come.
y

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:10 AM   #47   Add To Ignore List  
ah damnit

Seriously! Secret Agent

Would it be possible so that the Harpy doesn't always gib when she is killed? Kinda takes the fun out of Rocket sniping them when a frikkin' Revolver shot can gib one. Her normal death animations are already stored in her anim file; getting them to work again sounds like it wouldn't be hard.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:10 AM   #48   Add To Ignore List  
Albino Cyclops

That serious damage bug would be cool if turned into a game setting, like
when you set the server, you have the choice of making it drop from killed players or not drop at all
Old 12-24-2011, 09:56 AM   #49   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Without the drop it's a little lame. Goes without saying that you should be rewarded for killing someone who has a threefold firepower advantage.
But whatever, it's the only flaw left in the game, more or less. That and the fact the servers still haven't updated yet.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:44 AM   #50   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeb89 View Post
- Remove realoding for dual colts in versus.
You were doing good at pointing out bugs/fixes but this is just stupid. XD

Some of the stuff suggested in this thread is just down right retarded. This is about "Fixes & Bug Repair" not "I dont like this, make it different"
Old 12-24-2011, 10:53 AM   #51   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Well, I deem it my duty to make sure versus gameplay is at it's finest.

Having a completely close-to-useless primay weapon is debatable. I know it's super accurate at long range, but the long reloading really devalues the risk taken to ever use it in the first place.

"but zeb, you have the shotgun at spawn"
I'm not arguing that a player is too weak at spawn. I'm arguing that the colt, as it is, is really quite useless.

And anyway, you'd still have to reload in coop/SP so I don't see the issue here.
You don't appear to play VS at all, so why are you interested? XD
Old 12-26-2011, 08:27 AM   #52   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

remove ammo packs when unlimited ammo is set ON they dont need to be there

+1 to batandy idea
as well make them allow or not allow in the game, some players want to play without them.

there is a bug with sniper if no1 posted it i will, when u do fast zoom and out and fire the dmg swiches, so with zoom u will do less and without u will do the full dmg
thats why i posted for sniper to do 140 dmg at all times, eighter u will fix this BUG or do 140 or just ignore
instant hit weapons should never 1shoot in games like that, ruins the balance (only with pups)
Old 12-28-2011, 06:22 AM   #53   Add To Ignore List  
-RT
Werebull

There is a bug in non-English versions of TSE when some of texts in NETRICSA are in English. If you switch to English, than back to the language you were playing in, then it comes back to normal.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:28 PM   #54   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

There was some sort of update done on HD: TFE (I'm guessing) approx 2 weeks ago. Ever since on my server myself and the SamIAM players are having problems with invisble path blocking. Blue BioMech dies, fades out, but 1/2 the time still occupies that space (happens alot now). I don't recall this was an issue before that Dec update.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:05 AM   #55   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

first of all, bring the tse intro cutscene back, i miss the funny intro
every sam has found the hall of fame secret, so dont need to hide the intro

Last edited by Peakvision; 01-03-2012 at 09:29 AM.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:32 PM   #56   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

Here are all of my gameplay changes that need to be made because I didn't properly read the thread title/first post and think that suggesting fixes means I can tell Croteam to change whatever I want them to!

*Ahem* </late>

Anyways, I have mentioned this elsewhere, but as of right now in TSE:HD (didn't test TFE:HD) demo recordings stop as soon as a cutscene is triggered. Is it possible to easily have recordings ignore cutscenes, or have an option to disable cutscenes entirely that I can use while recording?

Since I am doing a YouTube upload for each demo I make, it's not of the most importance, but it is nice to give people the option of watching the in-game demos.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:51 PM   #57   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

SO....no more updates/patch? huh?
Old 02-05-2012, 05:39 AM   #58   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

Fix controls in SSHDTFE,when i press forward he goes backwards and when i press backwards he goes backwards,when i press right he goes right,when i press left he goes right the controls need to be fixed
Old 05-10-2012, 02:57 PM   #59   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

So I heard on Steam and saw in a video about the Fusion DLC TFE levels still having some bugs especially in MP. Can you list them for me, I'll send it to CT, maybe they will listen now that we know that they are still caring about the game with a DLC.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:28 AM   #60   Add To Ignore List  
Banned

When playing survival and spectating another player, the time in the corner jump between two values and if you view the scores, the highlighted player line will jump between you and who you are spectating.

FOV keeps resetting to default 75.

Make weapon selection HUD client-side, because it's very difficult to change weapons in multiplayer.

Increase maximum mouse sensitivity by two times at least.

Last edited by FaTony; 05-15-2012 at 09:03 AM.