Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam HD > Serious Sam HD Workshop

Serious Sam HD Workshop The official forum for Serious Sam: HD projects, be it maps, mods, or something else.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-26-2014, 10:48 AM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

Default Detector-triggered Boss

I'm trying to spawn a boss from a detector but my script doesn't appear to be working.

http://i.imgur.com/aTS7c3r.jpg

Titan is a massive spider with 25k HP and 5k armor with increased damage.

Any ideas to get him to spawn via a detector?

FYI : Spawns normally without Boss code but I want him to be a mini-boss of the map
Old 01-26-2014, 11:15 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Default Re: Detector-triggered Boss

Put the first three lines under the "spawnmaintaingroup" one. Also, it's okay to just SpawnSimple it, since it's a single boss, I presume.

Also, put those () after function, to be "function()". That's not a bug, but it looks better.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 01-26-2014, 11:33 AM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
Put the first three lines under the "spawnmaintaingroup" one. Also, it's okay to just SpawnSimple it, since it's a single boss, I presume.

Also, put those () after function, to be "function()". That's not a bug, but it looks better.

Thanks. It doesn't show the health bar, though.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:51 PM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Try replacing "BossSpawner" with "Titan". They are the same thing, after all.

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:41 AM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

Quote:
Try replacing "BossSpawner" with "Titan". They are the same thing, after all.
Tried. Doesn't show up. Now i'm trying to make Titan a separate entity but cannot, due to the regular spider's shaders clashing with Titan's. In short, either both of them look dark blue or both look normal.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:31 PM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

That's because you're either modifying the mesh of the spider or its material. Making the mesh or the material local would fix your problem with that. You could try posting screenshots of what you're trying to do and I could help you better.

As for the boss script, you could do that with two scripts. Like, the first script only has the part about scripting (with the RunHandled part), while a second script only has the three lines about the boss being registered (without the RunHandled part).

Old 01-27-2014, 01:25 PM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

Quote:
That's because you're either modifying the mesh of the spider or its material. Making the mesh or the material local would fix your problem with that. You could try posting screenshots of what you're trying to do and I could help you better.

As for the boss script, you could do that with two scripts. Like, the first script only has the part about scripting (with the RunHandled part), while a second script only has the three lines about the boss being registered (without the RunHandled part).
I'm trying to make the boss spider (Titan) have a completely different set of materials in meshes. I have created two files (Titan and TitanBlood) that are used as defaultMat and Meat, respectively.

My problem is that why I try to make a normal spider spawn while trying keeping the differently-coloured one's colour via editing meshes, both of them end up looking the same.

The boss spider is also using it's own puppet parameters and behavior files, called "Titan" and it's own character class.

Pics :

http://i.imgur.com/nZCeb8K.jpg

The boss health meter also shows up now :

http://i.imgur.com/SKU3Xf3.jpg

Thanks a lot for all the help so far. I really appreciate it.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:27 PM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Okay, go to the Titan puppet setting -> Body -> Model -> Meshes. Click on "SpiderBig.bmf" and then select "Unshare". This will make the mesh local and you can change the textures to whatever you want. Or you can go Save As, and save the mesh as something else (for example "SpiderTitan.bmf"), but this part is not that important.

And yes, change the textures on all four layers, otherwise the new texture will only show up from close.

Old 01-28-2014, 09:02 AM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

Quote:
Okay, go to the Titan puppet setting -> Body -> Model -> Meshes. Click on "SpiderBig.bmf" and then select "Unshare". This will make the mesh local and you can change the textures to whatever you want. Or you can go Save As, and save the mesh as something else (for example "SpiderTitan.bmf"), but this part is not that important.

And yes, change the textures on all four layers, otherwise the new texture will only show up from close.
Nope. Doesn't work. Unsharing unshares meshes of both puppets (normal and Titan) and subsequently trying to give them a different one makes both of them look the same, just like before.

Mesh editor does pretty much the same. I can't get them to act as separate entities.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:46 AM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Don't change the original's bmf, leave it as it is.

Also, when you change the textures, unshare those SpiderBig.mtr files and the other one as well.

Old 01-28-2014, 01:07 PM   #11   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

Thumbs up Re: Detector-triggered Boss

Quote:
Don't change the original's bmf, leave it as it is.

Also, when you change the textures, unshare those SpiderBig.mtr files and the other one as well.
I don't know what I did, but I kinda made it work without seeing this reply. Yay for creating a new enemy!

You're the best!
Old 01-28-2014, 01:21 PM   #12   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Yeah, I was really wondering what you were doing wrong, because if you followed everything, the mesh and its textures would have been made -completely- independent from the original.

Anywho, glad that you figured it out in the end. Good luck with your project!

Old 01-28-2014, 01:53 PM   #13   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

Quote:
Yeah, I was really wondering what you were doing wrong, because if you followed everything, the mesh and its textures would have been made -completely- independent from the original.

Anywho, glad that you figured it out in the end. Good luck with your project!
Guess who will get to test the beta