Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam 2

Serious Sam 2 Discuss anything and everything about Serious Sam 2, the official sequel to SS:FE and SS:SE.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 03:50 AM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Lurker

Default Some Serious Sam 2 Scrapped Stuff

Looks like Serious Sam 2 was in the same case as Serious Sam: TFE scrapped stuff, in this thread I will post every Scrapped stuff I can find, all for You

1) Serious Sam 2 Cut Items:

A)Serious Disco: This item was supposed to, when the player picked it up, made ALL enemies dance, also some music and lights were activated when the power-up was active, making them vulnerable and easier to kill, which Sam would enjoyed Sadly this baby was completely scrapped and there are no traces left about it in the Final Game´s files

B)Serious Strength: This item was supposed to increase the distance the player throws some stuff, for example, it would double the distance Sam throws a Wooden Crate, the duration was 30 seconds, also Serious Strength managed to get into the game's manual, suggesting that it managed to get pretty far in development before it got scrapped, LOOKS LIKE INVULNERABILITY ITEM FROM SERIOUS SAM HD, this was scrapped since this was really needed in the game so for unknown reason this was scrapped.
Name:  Seriousstrength_2.png
Views: 1870
Size:  8.3 KB

C)Invisibility: LOOKS LIKE THE INVULNERABILITY FROM SERIOUS SAM HD, I thiink it´s really obvious what was supposed to do. A fun fact is that has a model and code for Invisibility, but it never appears in the game. Since it was scrapped the only game with this Powerup is Serious Sam: The Second Encounter
Name:  97px-Invis_2.png
Views: 1862
Size:  14.3 KB

D) Invulnerability: I think the Invulnerability was the same model as Serious Strength, this would make the player undamaged for 30 seconds, Coding for Invulnerability has been found in the game files, but it is not found in the game.

2) Scrapped Levels:

This one even you can find it, the planet was named Pechina, when the player completed Kronor, instead of Sirius, this would be the next planet, it was supposed to be a Giant military base on a Desert planet, This was reconstructed in Kronor´s first 2 levels. You can find this yourself:
Open Serious Editor 2, go to.
Serious Sam 2/Content/SeriousSam2/Models/Levels and there you go 06_Kronor, 07_Pechina and 08_Sirius

3) Scrapped Weapons:
There are 2 scrapped weapons:

Voodoo Gnaar: This one is a completely unknown weapon, since there´s no way to kknow how it worked, there´s no way to know how got scrapped,
This was completely Scrapped and the only traces left it´s is HUD Icon:
Name:  Voodoognaar_2.png
Views: 1871
Size:  8.2 KB

Beamgun: This weapon would be a "remake of the GhostBuster from Serious Sam 1" it was supposed to fire a Beam, a laser beam, such as the GhostBuster, anyways the weapon was removed from the game, but the model, HUD icon and coding are still in the game's files. you can do it in SED2, also, this weapon appears in the InSamnity! 2 Mod like the Red Weapon, and Serious Sam: TSE as one of the weapons from the Builder Mod.
Guess it was scrapped because maybe worked as same as the Plasma gun
Name:  185px-Beamgun_2.png
Views: 1869
Size:  18.4 KB

4)Vehicles:
Motorcycle: This was an Ordinary, but fast motorcycle, the vehicle was a purple motorcycle with a flame design on some parts, also, the Motorcycle appeared in the first Serious Sam 2 Trailer
However, the Motorcycle was removed from the final game for unknown reasons. the vehicle was removed from the game, but the model, HUD icon and coding are still in the game's files.
Name:  250px-Motorcycle_2.png
Views: 1879
Size:  66.3 KB

Missile Launcher: It was supposed to fire a bunch of rockets like a turret, maybe it was too powerful so that´s how got Scrapped, the model is like 2 crates full of rockets and would act like a turret, a fun fact is the Missile Launcher reappeared in Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter, the Survival level "Bear City" when Sam fired at the targets

NOW I CAN´T UPLOAD ANOTHER PHOTO SINCE I AM IN THE MAX POSSIBLE PHOTOS

ATV: This vehicle looks like a Patrol 4-wheeled motorcycle, no code or model is in the files, so it´s impossible to know how it worked or how much fast it goes, why was scrapped is unknown

Laser Turret:
This turret was like a giant XL2 Lasergun mounted on a turret, maybe it´s behavior was the same as the original Lasergun.
Everything was scrapped except a texture

That´s every thing I could found but i´ll keep looking! Hope you find this useful
Old 04-12-2012, 05:28 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
ah damnit

Seriously! Secret Agent

Default Re: Some Serious Sam 2 Scrapped Stuff

You should start looking for content on your own instead of copy and pasting stuff from the Serious Sam Wiki and calling it a day. It's not that hard; for Serious Sam 2 beta stuff, all you need is Serious Editor 2 and a .zip-making program to open .gro files. Within a few minutes you should be able to find some cool unused stuff, like unused NETRICSA voice clips (which do exist btw).

I know you're trying to post interesting stuff, but copy and pasting from a source anyone can visit without adding anything new to it is boring. Spice it it with some new stuff and add links to the wiki instead of just slapping info from the wiki here. If you just want to post stuff from other sites, just link to them and let people explore it on their own instead of posting big walls of text that don't seem very interesting.

Last edited by Squadala; 04-12-2012 at 05:43 AM.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:41 PM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squadala View Post

I know you're trying to post interesting stuff, but copy and pasting from a source anyone can visit without adding anything new to it is boring. Spice it it with some new stuff and add links to the wiki instead of just slapping info from the wiki here. If you just want to post stuff from other sites, just link to them and let people explore it on their own instead of posting big walls of text that don't seem very interesting.
You know, I didn´t copied all the stuff, The Pechina´s info I found it myself (since I am creating my own Serious Sam 2 map ), but how the planet lokked like, I DID copied that from the wiki, also the Missile Launcher Fun Fact I Discovered it Myself, is like a 50% me & 50% that wiki
Old 09-14-2012, 04:56 PM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

found out all about the weapons in ss 2, there were 3 cut weapons from ss 2, the "KUBURA" the "Voodoo Gnaar" and the "Beam Gun"

1.KUBURA - is an old croatian/turckish pistol, here the first ss 2 screenshot ever, which shows sam with a kubura, the screen was actually a artwork, because the game didn't had such graphicks:

http://www.serioussite.ru/_ph/20/777885569.jpg

now the first actual screen of the "kubura"

http://www.serioussite.ru/_ph/20/73812787.png

now the weapon which flying kleer had in ss 2

http://www.serioussam.wikia.com/wiki...undebuss_2.png

after that they had cut the big barrel and put a iron sign, but left the hud icon unchanged, after that they had cut the iron sign and did a complete new weapon, the 2x shotgun:

http://www.serioussam.wikia.com/wiki/Double_Shotgun

The KUBURA basicly was an very, very early version of the 2x shotgun from ss 2 as i have a prove, whach ss 2 E3's and you will see that the hud on the 2x shotgun, shows the KUBURA

2. Voodoo Gnaar- the Voodoo Gnaar was an joke weapon, it's unknown what exactly was it purpose, maybe instant killing enemies (gnaars) or something like that, the Voodoo Gnaars model can be found in SS 2 files by another name, it looks like a naar doll withouth an eye with a wooden stick placed in the Gnaar's...khhmmm, private place also it's hud icon exists

3.Beam Gun - all of it's files are in the game, the sounds were,

1.beam starting sound

2.beam sound

3.beam impact

the beam gun fired a blue continious beam, it used plasma as weapon
Old 02-20-2013, 12:26 PM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
bad avatar edition

I personally think that Voodoo gnaar is a weapon you get by killing gnaars and then you throw it like a spear and hit the enemy on impact But i just tought of this and simply wanted to share

The hand has five fingers, capable and powerful,
with the ability to destroy as well as create.
Open your eyes, open your mouths,
Close your hands and make a fist.

22:06 - ♠T-ReXx: it's bain's amazing trap
22:06 - ♠Jetroid: Is it amazing?
22:06 - ♠T-ReXx: no
Old 07-03-2013, 12:00 AM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

When you pick up the first ammo pack at the beginning of Mental Institution on the Xbox version the game, a HUD icon of a scrapped weapon (or weapons) appear in the weapons list. It seems to be a Double Shotgun combined with a UZI. The gun is unusable and the icon appear only on the Xbox version.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:30 PM   #7   Add To Ignore List  

That's a combo weapon item or whatever, which was removed later. Though holding a uzi and a double shotgun (or any other weapon) still works, with help of a bug.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:34 PM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Smile Re: Some Serious Sam 2 Scrapped Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Target-UPnP View Post
That's a combo weapon item or whatever, which was removed later. Though holding a uzi and a double shotgun (or any other weapon) still works, with help of a bug.
Yes, I know.

**By the way, I forgot how to do that bug. Can you tell me how to do it?
Old 07-03-2013, 05:54 PM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
Zumbul

I'm pretty sure that Invisibility was in one of Deathmatch maps.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:18 PM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Quote:
Originally Posted by majan_pl View Post
I'm pretty sure that Invisibility was in one of Deathmatch maps.

It is in one of the SS1's (Xbox version) deathmatch map, but I don't remember seeing it in SS2.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:35 AM   #11   Add To Ignore List  
Zumbul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clonejac View Post
It is in one of the SS1's (Xbox version) deathmatch map, but I don't remember seeing it in SS2.
SS2:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=157592152
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=157592183
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=157592214

PC TSE:
http://imgur.com/a/ssSwN
Old 07-04-2013, 08:40 AM   #12   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

I've got the scrapped beam gun from this game on Serious sam: TSE HD as a minigun replacement! I got it from this site from a thread somewhere...
Old 07-04-2013, 09:25 AM   #13   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Devastator made that one. He should finish it (since it was incomplete) and release it on the workshop.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:58 PM   #14   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

It needs a beam and it's done
It currently fires invisible bullets.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:07 AM   #15   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Actually it shoots a beam, but it's not visible from first person (it does in third person). He made a fake "beam" and you can see that appearing and blinking from time to time and apparently the finished version has that fixed, so the beam is not blinking anymore.

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:50 AM   #16   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

Why third person not first? Is there like a fix on the workshop?
Also, the ammo counter on the gun is frozen. I don't think it can be coded in.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:56 AM   #17   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

It is frozen because it's just a texture.

And no, there's no fix on the workshop. This is how hitscan weapons work in SSHD/SS3, they are not visible in FP but visible in TP. Just like how you can see if someone is shooting with the minigun from far but you can't see the bullets you're shooting if from your first person view. The electricity beam is also the same kind of hitscan weapon.

Old 07-06-2013, 07:06 AM   #18   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

Also with Serious sam 1 - I can combine hitscan weapon with the ghost buster beam and it shows in first person mode, because the beam itself doesn't do any damage.

The beam gun goes a bit strange when violently looking left or right it goes right out of place!
Old 07-09-2013, 05:35 PM   #19   Add To Ignore List  
bad avatar edition

Hate to tell you guys, this is a SS2 thread.

The hand has five fingers, capable and powerful,
with the ability to destroy as well as create.
Open your eyes, open your mouths,
Close your hands and make a fist.

22:06 - ♠T-ReXx: it's bain's amazing trap
22:06 - ♠Jetroid: Is it amazing?
22:06 - ♠T-ReXx: no
Old 07-09-2013, 08:45 PM   #20   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

The Beam gun is a scrapped weapon on SS2 so I just have it on SS:HD...