Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam Classic > Serious Sam Classic Workshop > Serious Editor

Serious Editor Discuss mapping ideas & problems or show tutorials and maps.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-11-2002, 05:43 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

Default Moving brush only moving when jumping...

Well, I have a problem with a moving brush (big elevator):

If the player steps onto the MB, it starts moving upwards, then stops and an enemy is spawned. The player kills the enemy, some items are spawned and the moving brush continues.

Single player: no problem

Multiplayer: enemy dies, item spawns and the moving brush is NOT moving... only if all players jump it moves a little bit every jump...

Where is the cause for this? Is there some kind of workaround?
Old 08-11-2002, 05:53 PM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Grand Master Shinobi is offline Send a message via ICQ to Grand Master Shinobi Send a message via AIM to Grand Master Shinobi Send a message via MSN to Grand Master Shinobi Send a message via Yahoo to Grand Master Shinobi

it sounds like a lag issue more than anything. Have you tried it by yourself in a multiplayer game alone?
Old 08-11-2002, 06:21 PM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

Yes, I tried it alone multiplayer, there was no problem... hmm, if lag is causing this I cannot fix it... then you'll have to jump to reach the MB-destination-marker...
Old 08-12-2002, 04:48 AM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Mapper

How is ur moving brush triggered? if it is triggered by move on touch, hence the need to jump to retrigger it the problem is either that the other players are blocking the brush (in which case check the block action and block damage properties. perhaps causing some damage might get it moving) or failing that it is a problem in triggering the brush, in which case u may want to make the spawned item once colected trigger the brush rather than have it set on move on touch.

or maybe it something else entirely!

hope this helps
Old 08-12-2002, 08:49 AM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

I have a doorcontroller which triggers a trigger-entity which deactivates the doorcontroller and triggers the MB. Could 'block action = bounce' help?
Old 08-12-2002, 12:02 PM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
λ

Shrinker is offline Send a message via ICQ to Shrinker Send a message via AIM to Shrinker Send a message via MSN to Shrinker

Did you do that with activating the Door Controller?
The items or a trigger triggered by items should trigger the MB.
Old 08-12-2002, 12:19 PM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

I trigger the MB only by the trigger-entity.
Old 08-13-2002, 10:36 AM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
G-Type Crazy

AverageJoe is offline Send a message via AIM to AverageJoe

ick, door controllers for a vertivle mb? ick. I'de have it so when you pick up the weapons it starts to move again...just targetthe weapon to the elevator...
Old 08-13-2002, 11:55 AM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

ok, the trigger chain is as follows:

doorcontroller->start MB (doorcontroller is then deactivated)

MB moves to marker and stops->players enter touchfield

touchfield starts enemy spawn (child of MB)

players kill enemies->when all enemies are killed (trigger count) items will be spawned and the moving brush will be triggered again to continue
Old 08-13-2002, 01:49 PM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

Ick, don't use touchfields on elevators, because for some reason, touchfields only work if you "move" into it, if it lowers onto you, and you don't move around, or you rise (like an elevator) into it, and you don't move around, it will not trigger.

This is how I would approach the elevator, though it may not be the best way. Put a touchfield at the bottom of the elevator to start it up, but have the touchfield both trigger the elevator AND the enemy spawner (using a trigger) then, set the spawner for a long delay so it activates once you get to the first stop point. then have the death count trigger, both trigger the elevator and the items, only touchfield needed would be at the bottom of the elevator. But like I said, this may not be the best approach.
Old 08-13-2002, 01:59 PM   #11   Add To Ignore List  
G-Type Crazy

AverageJoe is offline Send a message via AIM to AverageJoe

why use a toch field at all? use the marker event when the MB stops to trigger the enemys, the enemys then trigger the weapons, the weapons then trigger the MB. simple.
Old 08-13-2002, 03:18 PM   #12   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

Will the marker event be triggered when the moving brush reaches the marker? What if the MB is blocked? I have the problem, that in multiplayer the MB suddenly moves only when all players jump. I used a touch field to make sure that the enemies will be triggered when the players reach the MB-marker.
Old 08-13-2002, 04:23 PM   #13   Add To Ignore List  
λ

Shrinker is offline Send a message via ICQ to Shrinker Send a message via AIM to Shrinker Send a message via MSN to Shrinker

When all players jump?
That sounds weird.