Seriously!
Get Your Official Serious Sam T-Shirts! (Women's Shirts)
Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam 2

Serious Sam 2 Discuss anything and everything about Serious Sam 2, the official sequel to SS:FE and SS:SE.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-26-2005, 05:08 PM   #1  
Simba

Default Serious Sam II update from 2k!

Hey Everyone,

To start, I'd like to apologize for not posting more. As you can probably imagine things have been pretty hectic here in preparation for Sam's release.

We are going into pre-cert soon for the Xbox and so it's been crazy, but fun!

So I'll start off with - the demo. YES there will be a demo! That should be available a month before release. That's the PC demo. The Xbox demo will be available after that.

I'd also like everyone to know about a really cool pre-order program we are doing. If you pre-orde Serious Sam II for either the PC or Xbox at a Gamestop or Electronics Boutique you will get an original, LIMITED EDITION piece of artwork, signed, numbered and illustrated by famed comic book artist Greg Horn. Check out his work at GregHornjudge.com. Since this is Limited Edition there are only so many that can go around so it's first come, first serve.

So, I need everyone's support on this. I need all you Sam Fans to go out and pre-order. We really got to pull together to make this title a hit. I do what I can on my end, but it's totally meaningless without you guys. This game is for you!

Croteam really cares about you guys and by upping the preorders we can show how we really care about them!

Also, if anyone out there has some really cool ideas on how to get the word out about Serious Sam II and help make it a success I'm all ears.

Remember, this isn't my title, 2K's title, or even Croteam's title. It's OUR title and I want nothing more than for Serious Sam II to blow Doom3, Quake4 and Half-Life 2 out of the water!

Lemme know what you guys (and gals) think!

Thanks!

-R-
Old 07-26-2005, 05:39 PM   #2  
still alive

Philer is offline Send a message via ICQ to Philer Send a message via AIM to Philer Send a message via MSN to Philer Send a message via Yahoo to Philer

Well I dont think that im preordering sam. I'm out of money right now... but i would like to .. and well i live in germany so i want to buy a german version of serious sam 2
But I'm sure that I'll support you by buying sam2 (when it releases) and playing it all the tiiime

my maps, my page
Old 07-26-2005, 06:04 PM   #3  
ZEN
roll'n ana stroll'n

Oh Ill pre order, been chomp'n at the bit for quite some time now

dont supose you could post the button assignments ahead of release couldya?
I dont mind pre odering so how about some pre prep..
Old 07-26-2005, 08:14 PM   #4  
don't send help...

Is this just the US?

I must have bought a dozen copies of TFE/TSE for friends over the years. I'll pre-order regardless if it ships with a native linux client. Can you confirm that it does?

I'll buy it anyay as the editor runs native-linux according to the dev-log posted here recently.

I'll fly out to Croatia and lubricate the whole team with quality beer and hookers if they give me a sneak peak... Just kidding. I'd do that anyway if the buggers would put me up / put up with me for a week.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:43 PM   #5  
0wner

Seriously! Reaper

I pre-ordered the first day...what'd you expect?
Old 07-26-2005, 08:48 PM   #6  

Way ahead of you man, I noticed the special limited edition art a while ago (you can actually find the original thread I started about it )and have already pre ordered it from EB games.

The demo about a month before release? Is the release set to be October 10th or is that just EB games making an estimate?
Old 07-26-2005, 10:45 PM   #7  
Simba

I've got a good idea about how to get some publicity for serious sam 2!

Release the previous PC versions of serious sam for free!

I tried to find my copy of serious sam for the PC but I must have lost it
during the various moves over the years. So I started ringing around to
buy a copy and low-and-behold its not even sold anymore in Australia!!?!??
WTF!?!?!? Serious sam is an awesome game and I love to run around
playing co-op with friends and blowing away those suicide bombers!

Eventually I did manage to find a copy in a second hand store for only
$9.95 but it doesnt come with any of the addons
So now at least I get to play some serious sam in preperation for the
new release It runs at over 100fps at 1600x1200 too

If you guys release PC sam 1 for free I'm sure you'll get many thousands
of people like myself, rediscover how fun sam is to play and we'll be pre-ordering
sam 2 faster than your servers can handle
Old 07-26-2005, 11:38 PM   #8  
0wner

Seriously! Reaper

If you want add-ons for Sam, try here:

http://files.seriouszone.com

The PlanetMirror download links are located in Australia, so you might want to try those first
Old 07-27-2005, 12:22 AM   #9  
Run Coward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K Sam
...you will get an original, LIMITED EDITION piece of artwork, signed, numbered and illustrated by famed comic book artist Greg Horn...
Be carefull mixing 'original' and 'artwork' together in the same sentence, unless it is the original of course.

__________________ I'm so leet, even my sigs got a sig.
Worlds Best Forum!

Last edited by Prezadent; 07-27-2005 at 12:24 AM.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:33 AM   #10  
Kamikaze

Wooooooh

If it were availabe in India within a week, i would pay twice the price
2kSam, please see that it comes to India fast

I have already applied for leave to play SS2. Told my manager and all my friends "Once Sam Stone is back, i wont be back until i finsih it " Moreover many people will come to my place to see it.
I will put up a preview right away on my personal page here in the company Intranet... anything for SAM

I wish i cud pre-order it, but guess they dont ship to india
Old 07-27-2005, 12:54 AM   #11  
大君主

Seriously! Overlord

Louva-Deus is offline Steam ID: LouvaDeus Facebook: LouvaDeusS Twitter: JonathanTanzer Youtube: TheSeriousZone

We have a very diverse crowd in this community. It would be nice if there were pre-order options outside of the US.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:02 AM   #12  
Kleer

How to get more people to buy Sam: Say that the netcode for DM is perfect

Great news and let me know when the public beta starts because I'm good with finding bugs.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:14 AM   #13  
Kleer

I already pre-ordered the PC game, 2K Sam! You can thank me by adding "gmontem" into the Special Thanks portion of SS2's rolling credit list.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:48 AM   #14  
Kleer

rather than the ideas to rerelease SS:FE and SS:SE for free (that sort of idea didn't work in the Unreal forums either), perhaps some ongoing promotion and support could be gained from PC magazines by providing free bonus packs like Epic does and like was done with Sacred+plus+ - apart from the regular patches maybe Croteam and a couple of highly skilled fans could make official bonus packs every couple of months that include things like new powerups and weapons and level sets - more add-on rather than just bug-fix content could keep the 'Serious Sam' name on cover discs a while longer (something you don't get so much with third-party mods)
Old 07-27-2005, 04:08 AM   #15  
Seriously Sinistar

Sinistar is offline Send a message via ICQ to Sinistar Send a message via AIM to Sinistar

On EB site it says "The first 2500 consumers who pre-order Serious Sam II will get a limited edition piece of Serious Sam II art illustrated and personally signed by famed comic book cover artist, Greg Horn. Bonus item will ship with purchased product, and is only available while supplies last!".

So does this mean I have to pre-order it online, or can I also pre-order from the store and get the free item? When they say "ship" I'm thinking they need to ship me the game, not in-store pickup.
Old 07-27-2005, 05:25 AM   #16  
Marsh Hopper

Default I have an idea for you!

As a hardcore gamer, big Serious Sam fan, and games musician I would like to suggest you have a Serios Sam pop video competition and host it on a 'massive' music site like www.mp3unsigned.com

You supply video content of in-game footage from Serious Sam 2 and allow the musicians at this site to make a 'Serious Sam Pop Video' by peicing togther the desired clips with their original music. The video would get featured/mentioned in numerous games news and music sites, and you could offer the winning band the chance to have their track and video featured in Serious Sam 2 as a bonus feature etc.

Failing that, contact Nasa about their scientist playing the game in Space to see how well deathmatch is played in Zero-G

SSQ: "Go graze in your own field"
Old 07-27-2005, 05:35 AM   #17  
Marsh Hopper

Default Flame Me!

If you want major publicity (I'll probably get flamed for this) then why don't you do something thats never been done before on a computer game.

I want to walk into a game store and see this title on the shelves:

'Serious Sam V's Painkiller'

Both games merged into a whole new experiance, and both characters helping each other, in both scenario's....

Forget the feasibility of getting this to work for now and imagine the publicity.
It would be a first in computer gaming! One of which will have all the other developers wanting to jump in on the bandwagon.

(puts on his flame resistant jumpsuit)
Old 07-27-2005, 10:54 AM   #18  
Raindrops and roses

Please remember to use the edit function if you are posting following a post you have already made, and there are no others who have posted.
"To do evil is like sport to a fool, But a man of understanding has wisdom." - Proverbs 10:23
Old 07-27-2005, 12:18 PM   #19  
Simba

Default no problemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEN
Oh Ill pre order, been chomp'n at the bit for quite some time now

dont supose you could post the button assignments ahead of release couldya?
I dont mind pre odering so how about some pre prep..
Sure, no problem. Just remember to be eligible for the Greg Horn art you have to pre-order at Gamestop or EB since they are the ones doing the promotion.

What do you want the button assignments for? Xbox, PC or both?(!) (It'd be nice if you pre-ordered both.. ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper45
Way ahead of you man, I noticed the special limited edition art a while ago (you can actually find the original thread I started about it )and have already pre ordered it from EB games.

The demo about a month before release? Is the release set to be October 10th or is that just EB games making an estimate?
I don't really like putting out specific dates for release because you never know what's gonna happen that can hold a game up. And I mean it could be something like we have to wait for another game to be ready so we can manufacture them all at once to save money and trees. And yes, it does save trees by minimizing wasted paper.

I will say that we want to get this game out as soon as we can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samger
I've got a good idea about how to get some publicity for serious sam 2!

Release the previous PC versions of serious sam for free!

I tried to find my copy of serious sam for the PC but I must have lost it
during the various moves over the years. So I started ringing around to
buy a copy and low-and-behold its not even sold anymore in Australia!!?!??
WTF!?!?!? Serious sam is an awesome game and I love to run around
playing co-op with friends and blowing away those suicide bombers!

Eventually I did manage to find a copy in a second hand store for only
$9.95 but it doesnt come with any of the addons
So now at least I get to play some serious sam in preperation for the
new release It runs at over 100fps at 1600x1200 too

If you guys release PC sam 1 for free I'm sure you'll get many thousands
of people like myself, rediscover how fun sam is to play and we'll be pre-ordering
sam 2 faster than your servers can handle
Hmmm... while giving a game away for free is unlikely, let me get back to you on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the lone crouton
Is this just the US?

I must have bought a dozen copies of TFE/TSE for friends over the years. I'll pre-order regardless if it ships with a native linux client. Can you confirm that it does?

I'll buy it anyay as the editor runs native-linux according to the dev-log posted here recently.

I'll fly out to Croatia and lubricate the whole team with quality beer and hookers if they give me a sneak peak... Just kidding. I'd do that anyway if the buggers would put me up / put up with me for a week.
The Limited Edition art is currently just for the US for those that pre-order at EB and Gamestop. Though my European counterpart is working on something for that side of the Atlantic. I'll know more about that soon. I'll also find out about the Linux thing for ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louva-Deus
We have a very diverse crowd in this community. It would be nice if there were pre-order options outside of the US.
I'm beginning to realize that. VERY diverse. It's great though!

I'm working with my European counterpart to see what we can come up with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinistar
On EB site it says "The first 2500 consumers who pre-order Serious Sam II will get a limited edition piece of Serious Sam II art illustrated and personally signed by famed comic book cover artist, Greg Horn. Bonus item will ship with purchased product, and is only available while supplies last!".

So does this mean I have to pre-order it online, or can I also pre-order from the store and get the free item? When they say "ship" I'm thinking they need to ship me the game, not in-store pickup.
You can order in-store OR online. If you order online the art will ship with the title. If you preorder at the store you get the art when you pick up the game.

-R-

Last edited by Rodzilla; 07-27-2005 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Major post consolidation
Old 07-27-2005, 12:37 PM   #20  
ZEN
roll'n ana stroll'n

Quote:
Sure, no problem. Just remember to be eligible for the Greg Horn art you have to pre-order at Gamestop or EB since they are the ones doing the promotion.

What do you want the button assignments for? Xbox, PC or both?(!) (It'd be nice if you pre-ordered both.. ;-)

-R-
I use PC only and wanted to get the assignments for my n52.

As far as other puchases go the gamers of duluth await my review with ludifisk breath.
Ill wait for the price to drop a bit they do make great stocking stuffers at xmass ya know.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:13 PM   #21  
Man from 2525

Shuriken is offline Send a message via AIM to Shuriken

Which store would all of you preorder from? Any experience with online ordering from either?

And 2k, they don't happen to need beta testers for the demo, do they?

Though it seems there will be no (new) faces on the bigheads in this game. I was hoping for a chance. *tears*

Ah well.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:50 PM   #22  
大君主

Seriously! Overlord

Louva-Deus is offline Steam ID: LouvaDeus Facebook: LouvaDeusS Twitter: JonathanTanzer Youtube: TheSeriousZone

That bonus pack idea sounds nice but I'm not sure how it would fit with this game. Depends on what multiplayer modes there are
Old 07-27-2005, 02:57 PM   #23  
pee pee

toastar is offline Send a message via ICQ to toastar

Quote:
The Limited Edition art is currently just for the US for those that pre-order at EB and Gamestop. Though my European counterpart is working on something for that side of the Atlantic. I'll know more about that soon. I'll also find out about the Linux thing for ya.
does that mean us canucks are excluded from the preorder? or is that simply the in-store preorder?
Old 07-27-2005, 04:16 PM   #24  
Kleer

Quote:
Hmmm... while giving a game away for free is unlikely, let me get back to you on this one.

-R-
I wouldn't mind rebuying a SS2 mod of the First and Second Encounter, with an option to use the SS2 weapons so I can send parrots to Ugh-zhan.
Old 07-27-2005, 05:19 PM   #25  
Run Coward!

2K Sam just pwned Murtle.

I find that amusing.

__________________ I'm so leet, even my sigs got a sig.
Worlds Best Forum!
Old 07-27-2005, 05:51 PM   #26  
Highlander

As a Canadian, i always feel that i get short changed by these pre-order deals. I live not 2 hours away from Washington State, but yet EB's promotional preorders are no good where i live. Is there any chance us Canadian fans could see anythign of the sort? or will we be ignored, yet again.

the only exception to this rule I've experienced was a this Viewtiful Joe T-shirt and limited edition hologram EB gave me a few years ago, but that was a suprise to say the least.

oh, and 2k games promotional dude, do you mind staying around a while after the games launch? it'd be interesting to get some dialogue between the community and the reps when all the dust has settled come the fall - it's always nice to know even the big publishers (rather than just the developers) care about their fanbase as well...

Last edited by Dangerous Dan; 07-27-2005 at 05:59 PM.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:31 PM   #27  
Highlander

here here dan! I would say that croteam's support after launch was sketchy at best as well though... though they were "busy" with serious sam xbox.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:33 PM   #28  
0wner

Seriously! Reaper

M-M-M-M-MEGA MERGE....URGE....URGE.....urge....urge... ....
Old 07-27-2005, 09:27 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodzilla
M-M-M-M-MEGA MERGE....URGE....URGE.....urge....urge... ....
lol!

although I don't even know what threads were merged
Old 07-27-2005, 09:35 PM   #30  
ZEN
roll'n ana stroll'n

hmmm..I thought he refering to canada as a state...naw, then they would start talking like texans and bragging, it would never work.