Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam HD

Serious Sam HD Discuss anything and everything about Serious Sam HD, the official remake of SS:FE on Serious Engine 3.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-30-2011, 04:33 AM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
有毒物質
 
librin.so.1's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Kaunas, Lithuania
 
librin.so.1 is offline
Default Water issues [getting in/out]

Decided to ask about these things 'bout water that sometimes become really annoying.

1st: Sometimes when getting into water [walking/jumping in] or floating on the surface and starting to dive, I take some damage for no apparent reason. Is this a known issue? Not that it's a severe issue, but it can get annoying, especially when coupled with the issue #2.

2nd: In multiplayer, I usually can't jump out of water - if I try to jump out, I get dunked right back into water before even finishing the jump. This makes getting out of water in several places nearly impossible [I sometimes do succeed by spam-pressing the jump key for a while, though]. Is this known/common? Or this just happens to a few [e.g. me] for some reason? This is a serious issue, and can get to a game-breaker level in certain situations, not to mention when coupled with issue #1 as it can lead into effectively killing oneself while trying to get out of water. =[
__________________
it just werx, fam.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:40 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Albino Cyclops
 
Pablo--'s Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Kleer Planet
 
Pablo-- is offline
Default Re: Water issues [getting in/out]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinska View Post
Decided to ask about these things 'bout water that sometimes become really annoying.

1st: Sometimes when getting into water [walking/jumping in] or floating on the surface and starting to dive, I take some damage for no apparent reason. Is this a known issue? Not that it's a severe issue, but it can get annoying, especially when coupled with the issue #2.

2nd: In multiplayer, I usually can't jump out of water - if I try to jump out, I get dunked right back into water before even finishing the jump. This makes getting out of water in several places nearly impossible [I sometimes do succeed by spam-pressing the jump key for a while, though]. Is this known/common? Or this just happens to a few [e.g. me] for some reason? This is a serious issue, and can get to a game-breaker level in certain situations, not to mention when coupled with issue #1 as it can lead into effectively killing oneself while trying to get out of water. =[
I'm no expert in SED3 but when I have putted two fluid entities in the same place, the same happened to me. (In SED2) Are you sure that you only have one fluid entity?
__________________
A not-so friendly kleer...

-"WAAAAAAAAAR! (music starts)"-
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:04 AM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
有毒物質
 
librin.so.1's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Kaunas, Lithuania
 
librin.so.1 is offline
Default Re: Water issues [getting in/out]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo-- View Post
I'm no expert in SED3 but when I have putted two fluid entities in the same place, the same happened to me. (In SED2) Are you sure that you only have one fluid entity?
...it happens on the "official" maps, i.e. the vanilla non-moddable version.
(I do not know if the official maps have two water entities in the same place everywhere though, never did/checked any maps on the editor, so technically - I'm not sure)
__________________
it just werx, fam.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:47 PM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Albino Cyclops
 
Pablo--'s Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Kleer Planet
 
Pablo-- is offline
Default Re: Water issues [getting in/out]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinska View Post
...it happens on the "official" maps, i.e. the vanilla non-moddable version.
(I do not know if the official maps have two water entities in the same place everywhere though, never did/checked any maps on the editor, so technically - I'm not sure)
Well, it was on my map. (Custom Map) And no, the official maps don't have two water entities in the same place.
__________________
A not-so friendly kleer...

-"WAAAAAAAAAR! (music starts)"-
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:52 PM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy
 
Solais's Avatar
 
Croteam Representative
Joined: Nov 2009
 
Solais is offline
Default Re: Water issues [getting in/out]

The Fluid entities do have some strange values to them in the HD games.
__________________
Since Old Lost Age I Shine

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop


While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:05 PM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
有毒物質
 
librin.so.1's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Kaunas, Lithuania
 
librin.so.1 is offline
Default Re: Water issues [getting in/out]

Then: does this happen to everyone, or am I alone unlucky to have this?
P.S. I sort of suspect auto-jump to have something to do with this. Will test it with auto-jump off tomorrow.
__________________
it just werx, fam.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:50 PM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy
 
Solais's Avatar
 
Croteam Representative
Joined: Nov 2009
 
Solais is offline
Default Re: Water issues [getting in/out]

Yeah, I think it happens to everyone, and yes, I believe it is because of the auto-jump.
__________________
Since Old Lost Age I Shine

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop


While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:51 PM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
Loner Wiener
 
Joined: Apr 2007
 
Da Doom Man is offline
Default Re: Water issues [getting in/out]

i dont know about #2 but #1 can be avoided sometimes by jumping off into the water rather than simply falling into it.
__________________
I often forget to go to this site. :P
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:14 AM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
Albino Cyclops
 
Pablo--'s Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Kleer Planet
 
Pablo-- is offline
Default Re: Water issues [getting in/out]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
Yeah, I think it happens to everyone, and yes, I believe it is because of the auto-jump.
Hmmm, I already had auto-jump off when in SS2 and it happened to me...
__________________
A not-so friendly kleer...

-"WAAAAAAAAAR! (music starts)"-
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:07 AM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
有毒物質
 
librin.so.1's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Kaunas, Lithuania
 
librin.so.1 is offline
Default Re: Water issues [getting in/out]

Just tested, both are the same no matter if autojump is off or on.
__________________
it just werx, fam.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:06 PM.