Seriously!
Go Back   Seriously! Forums > General > Game Talk

Game Talk Talk about your favorite games! Arrange play times! And more!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-20-2011, 12:27 PM   #61  
Mental

Default Re: Skyrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper45 View Post
It's Skyrim's logo, if you can't tell.
Lots of people have said this but it isn't.
It's used for Morrowind too.
Old 11-20-2011, 01:00 PM   #62  
PETN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finzy View Post
"Hey, these giants look friendly! I wonder if I can trade with them or something! Hey, excuse me Mr. Giant, but do you - "

*SMASH*

(For some reason this reminds me of Asterix & Obelix. )
And the best timing for a shot.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:47 PM   #63  
Furious

Finzy is offline Steam ID: finzy Youtube: FunkyFinzy

When preparing to play Skyrim...

YouTube Video: REGULAR ORDINARY SKYRIM MEAL TIME

DOVAHKIIINNN

YouTube Video: Dovahkiin

Top comments on Youtube:
this game is so ****ing manly i can feel the hair from my chest growing (78 likes)

Serious Box Solid - SS3 Stealth Mod, officially released!

Finzy's Frozen Asylum -- Serious Escape: The Simian Encounter SS3 Mod -- SS2 Widescreen Fix Mod

Quote:
Pan: Auron: TIDUS WHAT IS THAT POKING ME IN THE BACK
Pan: Tidus: ITS FROM THE VIBRATIONS ON THE MACHINE I SWEAR

Last edited by Finzy; 11-20-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:40 PM   #64  
The Wwwyzzerdd

Divx is offline Send a message via AIM to Divx

pick pocketing + any skill trainer + any skill you can perform and level up while doing the following (illusion magic, sneak, etc) = lots of easy leveling.

Method is a bit of an cheat/exploit in mechanics. Things I needed/wanted to level up, but weren't able to easily, I would find a trainer for it ... say playing a thief who usually shoots a bow vs back stabbing. Then I would:

- pay for one skill up
- (using illusion magic) blow all my mana on the spell muffled
- pick pocket the trainer to get my gold back

Rinse and repeat. Generally leveled up the three skills enough to keep me ready to level for another 5 trainings.

This probably is the most massive game I've played to date. Other than a few things at the very beginning, I have yet to run into anything I've done on three separate characters. Granted this looks to be changing now that the thieves guild chain appears to be pushing me towards the mage college.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:28 PM   #65  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepblue View Post
Lots of people have said this but it isn't.
It's used for Morrowind too.
Interesting, I never noticed that. Apparently it's the symbol of the empire. Regardless, it's still the flagship logo for Skyrim and is almost completely absent from Oblivion, so my point still stands.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:46 PM   #66  
Ugh Zan III

Hey should I play Morrowind > Obblivion > Skyrim ?
Old 11-21-2011, 12:15 AM   #67  
"Poke me."

Brute is offline Send a message via MSN to Brute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboy View Post
Hey should I play Morrowind > Obblivion > Skyrim ?
I played Oblivion without ever even of hearing of Morrowind.
I doubt you need to play them in order.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:34 AM   #68  
Arachnoid

None of the Elder Scrolls games are direct sequels.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:52 AM   #69  
Highlander

Morrowind might be a bit of a reality shock. The graphics are very dated. Granted there are tons of mods you can install to get it looking almost like oblivion. Installing them all and getting it all to work right is a bit of an ordeal. Die hard fans insist it is much better than oblivion. Having had oblivion I could not get into morrowind. Anyway some people had gathered a lot of the mods into a working mod pack.... until the mod community complained. You can still "find" it though. There also appears to be a morroblivion mod, which imports all the quests into oblivion. That actually might be interesting to try....
Old 11-21-2011, 01:52 AM   #70  

They all take place in the same world and revolve around the same lore, but their stories are independent. With that said, though, Morrowind and Oblivion are great games, so they're definitely worth playing if you have the time.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:24 AM   #71  
Mental

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminator01
There also appears to be a morroblivion mod, which imports all the quests into oblivion. That actually might be interesting to try....
It is illegal though.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:17 AM   #72  
Praise the Sun!

That's just bullshit. Sure, in theory it's illegal, but if you own both games, morally there's nothing wrong with doing that.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:22 PM   #73  
Highlander

Quote:
IMPORTANT:

You must own and install Oblivion, including the Shivering Isles expansion.
You must own and install Morrowind, including the Tribunal and Bloodmoon expansions.
You can buy Oblivion Game of the Year Edition and Morrowind Game of the Year Edition for about $10-20 each on Amazon.com or by direct download from STEAM.
I don't see the issue. Their project is an ESP converter, not modified ESPs

Quote:
» Wasn't Morroblivion shut down by Bethesda?
Several years ago, at the beginning of the Morroblivion project, the project thread was shut down on the official Bethesda forums, and hosting of it on TES Nexus was taken down at Bethesda's request, due to some apparent licensing issues with using textures from Morrowind in Oblivion.

Please respect Bethesda's legal concerns and do not post or discuss Morroblivion on the Bethesda official forums, TES Nexus, Planet Elder Scrolls, other similar sites, social networking sites etc.

These legal issues have now been circumvented with mesh and texture replacers, and community development of the project is still going on here at Morroblivion.com.

Last edited by jiminator01; 11-21-2011 at 12:27 PM.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:43 PM   #74  
Just-a chillin'....

Mongo is offline Steam ID: Serious_Gnaars Send a message via Skype™ to Mongo

How is it illegal? It should be no problem to transfer content from different games in the series. It isn't a complete remake, it is just a few remakes of some of the cities in the game.

My name is Mongo, and I like Gnaars. And Cookies. Mmmm... Cookies!
Old 11-21-2011, 03:50 PM   #75  
Mental

I'm not entirely sure on the whole thing, I just know that a lot of file hosting sites for the elder scrolls games won't allow it to be uploaded.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:31 AM   #76  
Khnumilicious!

Discy is offline Steam ID: joey42

This is the same thing as the Xbox mod for classic Second Encounter. You must own the original game to be able to install the assets in the new game. It is certainly a grey area, but that shouldn't be illegal. They're not distributing original game content (the reason it was taken down before) anymore.

On-topic, I'm level 23 now, yay! My dragon kill count is 4 or 5 now. I know it's low, but that's because I barely do main story quests. I've spent 20+ hours doing mainly anything else.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.

Last edited by Discy; 11-22-2011 at 08:35 AM.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:30 PM   #77  
Mental

Discy, dragons are also random so it shouldn't matter if you do the main quest or not. You should be able to find the odd one fly over while going somewhere, especially at level 23 (at this level you should be able to find blood dragons too)

I decided to start again with a mage (Dark Elf) this time for something different because a strict warrior character charging at everything was getting boring.
Dual wielding destruction spells is awesome. You can just alternate between each hand and end up with near rapid fire or get the skill perk to fire a stronger blast with both hands.
I have each elemental spell so it's easy to find an enemy's weakness and exploit it. Trolls and Draugr (specifically the overlords and wights) are now a bit easier.

oddly enough though, dragons seem to be scared of me because I see lots of them flying over me but none will land and fight, even when one flew nearby the area you first encounter a dragon during the main quest.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:46 PM   #78  
Khnumilicious!

I know dragons are random, but they rarely land without Dragonrend, which I don't have yet because I don't do main quest missions. I've encountered a dozen dragons, most of which just flew over me for a while before leaving again because I was too boring. Or fighting with a dragon after which it gets distracted by a common bandit 200 meters up the mountain and leaves me.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:47 AM   #79  
Mental

It's just really odd because I was able to fight lots of random dragons on my first character but now they won't go near me.
Old 11-24-2011, 07:50 AM   #80  
The Wwwyzzerdd

Divx is offline Send a message via AIM to Divx

I started out as a mage and ended up making a thief who I got up to level 35 now. I have yet to run into / see any dragons. Ice trolls run like hell from me though ... if they ever spot me prior to taking an arrow to the head.
Old 11-25-2011, 03:54 AM   #81  
Pan
Bropan

Pan is online now Gamertag: SeriousPan PSN ID: YueStrife Steam ID: Yuethetmerchant

Started playing Skyrim. So far Im very impressed, a humongous improvement over Oblivion, it got rid of everything I disliked about the game.

Ran into 2 Dragons so far and Im not even level 6. Both have been epic battles. I spent FOUR hours trying to climb that Snowy Mountain new Riverdale. I spent two hours trying to figure out that damn door puzzle with the 3 circles as well. It had clues around me but they were vague. XD (My net was otu so I couldnt check online! D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper45
I was thinking the other day how weird it was that we have a mod, where Snakes from MGS can stab snakes that were animated by... Viper. :P
SSHD & SS3 Multiplayer Models --- Serious Box Solid VS Mod --- Serious Fantasy: Legends
Complete Video Tutorial for SED3/3.5 Player Model Creation --- Serious Marine 3: Battle for Terra
Old 11-25-2011, 09:19 AM   #82  
Khnumilicious!

Next time you have to to one of those circle puzzles (or a puzzle with rotating pillars), try to check out everything around. There's either hints in the environment around you or check out the Dragon Claw item for a hint.

I've clocked almost 50 hours in Skyrim now, and I haven't even fully explored the world yet, this is crazy. I've just started to do Dark Brotherhood missions.
Old 11-25-2011, 09:21 AM   #83  
Mental

Here's a clue for the door locks.
Press C while highlighting an item name to view and rotate said item.
Old 11-25-2011, 02:00 PM   #84  
Pan
Bropan

Pan is online now Gamertag: SeriousPan PSN ID: YueStrife Steam ID: Yuethetmerchant

Damn it, so THAT'S how you do it? It said "The answer is in the palm of your hand" and Im like, okay. The answers on the Golden Claw. So I look at the Claw when I put it in the door and I can't see %#^&! I wish the game had told me you can view/rotate items sooner.

Well I figured it out last night anyway but now it's good to know. I mean I knew there were wall hints at that particular puzzle, but damn it. Now I just feel silly. The game told me "Palm of your hand" and I instantly knew Golden Claw. And I knew to look at it! But I just... looked the wrong way. XD

Quote:
I was thinking the other day how weird it was that we have a mod, where Snakes from MGS can stab snakes that were animated by... Viper. :P
SSHD & SS3 Multiplayer Models --- Serious Box Solid VS Mod --- Serious Fantasy: Legends
Complete Video Tutorial for SED3/3.5 Player Model Creation --- Serious Marine 3: Battle for Terra
Old 11-25-2011, 03:19 PM   #85  
Mental

Damn right it's good to know because there will be more barrows, more claws and more combination lock doors for you to solve.

I have no idea how many but I now have at least 5 claws and I'm going to keep them in my house
Old 11-25-2011, 03:26 PM   #86  
Khnumilicious!

My face when I realized the claw and rotating pillar puzzles are used frequently:

Old 11-25-2011, 05:25 PM   #87  
Highlander

4 hours to climb a mountain? I find I can just run/jump on the edges, going higher, going around, until eventually you hit the path and can go all the way up. skyrim has the same wonky incline physics that oblivion did. basically you can't fall. You can even do this on a horse.
Old 11-25-2011, 05:29 PM   #88  
Mental

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discy View Post
My face when I realized the claw and rotating pillar puzzles are used frequently:
The rotating pillar puzzles are used frequently but not the exact same way.
I found one where you had to read a poem in a book that was on a corpse to figure out which pillars should show what.

I like them, better than simply rushing through every dungeon/cave/ruin/etc and hitting everything.
Old 11-26-2011, 09:58 AM   #89  
Khnumilicious!

Wait... what?
Old 11-26-2011, 10:17 AM   #90  
Pan
Bropan

Quote: