Seriously!
Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam HD

Serious Sam HD Discuss anything and everything about Serious Sam HD, the official remake of SS:FE on Serious Engine 3.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2012, 11:47 AM   #1  
Highlander

Default Mesh modifier list problem

For example I don't like sand rock texture on mesh and I want it to change to other. I use mesh modifier to change whole surface texture its works great then i save model and when there are two instance of same model visible its switch back to sand texture. Is that a bug or i doing something wrong.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:40 AM   #2  
Afursome

Default Re: Mesh modifier list problem

I had that trouble too, but with my own models.
One thing that caused it were LODs, and the other, the actual shader settings of my model. But both I needed edit data to fix.
Though you just may have not set the surface name right. Try "Default" and if that doesn't work, Solais found that you can get the surface names, if you open the mesh file (not the actual mdl one) with a hex editor.
If all fails, I'd suggest that you try the Material Editor , But remember to save the mesh of the model too since that isn't local too sometimes. Simply select the model, and open the material editor from the bottom left option. Where it'll say "World Editor".
Old 01-06-2012, 11:53 AM   #3  
Educated Fairy

Seriously! Dev Master

Solais is offline Steam ID: SolaisYosei

Hey Misch, I certainly remember something like this. Remember that Autumn Tree model? That has to be created, because when I changed a tree's texture, then made a copy of that tree, the texture changed back. So we had to make a completely new model. Dunno what causes this though... maybe it has something to do with that thing you did once, again with your tree model, that the model looked different from far than how it looked from close.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:16 AM   #4  
Afursome

Aka. LODs , and yes. Though modifiers can work with LODs too, It's a wild guess, but having transparent shaders in them seems to be a cause of this.