Seriously!
Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam 3

Serious Sam 3 Everything you want to know or say about Serious Sam 3!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-13-2012, 06:48 PM   #1  
Untitled

StealthToast is offline Youtube: DoomKnightTGS
Default Enemies scoring Insta-kills on Serious?

So, I was playing on Serious, and eventually, at The Dark Bride, after clearing out an area, there was only one Kleer left. I had 100HP and 30-or-so Armor. It leaped on me, and it instantly killed me. I quickloaded, and intentionally left it to leap on me again. This time, it just damaged me. Same thing happened with a Scrapjack in The Guardian of Time, he 1-hit-KO'd me with his Rocket, while I had 90~HP and 20-40 (I think?) Armor. I quickloaded, again, and I got suspicious and let him hit me with his rocket again. Only got damaged, didn't get insta-killed.

So, this made me wonder...do (some, if not all) enemies on Serious have a chance to insta-kill you and/or score a critical hit/deal even more damage?
Old 01-13-2012, 08:54 PM   #2  
Werebull

HaloFighter92 is offline Gamertag: HaioFighter92 Steam ID: HaloFighter92
Default Re: Enemies scoring Insta-kills on Serious?

That's really weird. Maybe in SS3 if the enemy registers a hit on your head it instantly kills you.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:46 PM   #3  
Lightning Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackknighttgs View Post

So, this made me wonder...do (some, if not all) enemies on Serious have a chance to insta-kill you and/or score a critical hit/deal even more damage?
Now That bug is weird, (i name it as a bug), even on normal difficulty, i was playing "The Silent Riddler" in the part you blow up the sphinx, and just 1 werebull was alive ihad around 50HP and 30 Armor, and i just had Double Shotgun and C4´s, but i didn´t wanted to try killing that werebull with the C4, so the thing is, i stepped aside, so it couldn´t hit me. but then some kind of bug happened my mouse didn´t move, and the werebull just crashed me once and... GAME OVER for me, i think it´s a bug

"If the life gives you a Minigun and a Single Shotgun and there´s a Witch-Bride of Achriman, just try to blow her ass, if you do not so, then why they give you the weapons if you are only going to carry ´em?"
Old 01-14-2012, 04:17 AM   #4  
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaloFighter92 View Post
That's really weird. Maybe in SS3 if the enemy registers a hit on your head it instantly kills you.
Well, that's what I'm sayin'. Sometimes it instantly kills you, sometimes it doesn't :S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danker View Post
Now That bug is weird, (i name it as a bug), even on normal difficulty, i was playing "The Silent Riddler" in the part you blow up the sphinx, and just 1 werebull was alive ihad around 50HP and 30 Armor, and i just had Double Shotgun and C4´s, but i didn´t wanted to try killing that werebull with the C4, so the thing is, i stepped aside, so it couldn´t hit me. but then some kind of bug happened my mouse didn´t move, and the werebull just crashed me once and... GAME OVER for me, i think it´s a bug
Odd, a Werebull shouldn't be able to 1-hit-KO you with those stats...so, this "bug" isn't only on Serious? It's on other difficulties too? Last thing I need to see is a Rocketeer instakilling me on Tourist. ._.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:11 AM   #5  
Kleer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackknighttgs View Post
Last thing I need to see is a Rocketeer instakilling me on Tourist. ._.
Lol !

Thanks a LOT Valerie Valens !
Old 01-14-2012, 10:05 AM   #6  
Khnumilicious!

Discy is offline Steam ID: joey42

Kleers do a whopping 60 damage on Serious mode, same as Scrapjack rockets, but I never had any insta-deaths.

I did notice something else, namely when you get close to an enemy and it starts the melee attack and you step out of attack range you STILL get damage at random times. I was playing Unearthing the Sun, and I ran to a Scrapjack and immediately backpedaled. I was way out of attack range but his melee still killed me.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:17 AM   #7  
Hey ladies

Fiendian is online now Steam ID: BjossiAlfreds Send a message via ICQ to Fiendian Send a message via MSN to Fiendian

So far I haven't experienced these instant kill bugs on Hard, but I do think the Kleer is ridiculously overpowered given its size and abundance in the game. 40 damage was more than enough for a jump attack in SS1, why was it bumped up by 50%?
Old 01-14-2012, 02:26 PM   #8  
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discy View Post
Kleers do a whopping 60 damage on Serious mode, same as Scrapjack rockets, but I never had any insta-deaths.

I did notice something else, namely when you get close to an enemy and it starts the melee attack and you step out of attack range you STILL get damage at random times. I was playing Unearthing the Sun, and I ran to a Scrapjack and immediately backpedaled. I was way out of attack range but his melee still killed me.
Just gave this a quick try, I went close up to a Scrappie, then when he was about to melee me, I ran backwards, but even though I was out of his melee range, he always got me when I was 1-2m away. Looking at the editor, It's probably his huge melee damage radius I guess, it's 6 (while most other enemies have...1-2?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiendian View Post
So far I haven't experienced these instant kill bugs on Hard, but I do think the Kleer is ridiculously overpowered given its size and abundance in the game. 40 damage was more than enough for a jump attack in SS1, why was it bumped up by 50%?
Agreed. My guess is enemy damage was beefed up to make up for the lack of more and replaced enemies on Serious?