Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam 3 > Serious Sam 3: BFE Workshop

Serious Sam 3: BFE Workshop The official forum for Serious Sam 3: BFE projects, be it maps, mods, or something else.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-06-2012, 08:23 AM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Night Sparrow

Default Additional Destruction Settings and Decapitation Points for Croteam Models

Now what the heck are Destruction Settings, you may be asking. Well, simply put, they set what can damage models in the levels. For the models seen early in the game, Croteam didn't set destruction settings for weapons and things that appear later in the game. For example, you cannot blow up an explosive barrel with the Sniper Rifle. While I guess it makes sense since they're never expected them to interact at all during the course of the main game, this could very easily be seen as an issue in user-made levels. So yeah, this little modification fixes things like that.

This also adds decapitation points to a number of early-game models for pretty much the same reasons as stated above.

Download
Alternate Download

If I missed anything that feels it should be destructable by any particular thing, or something needs a decapitation point, feel free to point it out and I'll take note of it for a later update.
(Note that models have to be able to be hit by the beam in order to be able to be decapitated; most trees are not solid to the beam)

Last edited by Ryason55; 07-06-2012 at 10:04 AM.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:54 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Default Re: [RESOURCE] Additional Destruction Settings and Decapitation Points for Croteam Mo

Huh. This might prove useful.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:41 AM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Warmonger is offline Send a message via ICQ to Warmonger
Default Re: [RESOURCE] Additional Destruction Settings and Decapitation Points for Croteam Mo

Can this help with non-meelable enemies?
Old 07-06-2012, 06:21 PM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Night Sparrow

No, but I make mention of that here.