Seriously!
Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Creative Corner > Showcases & Portfolios

Showcases & Portfolios The most awesome creations of our members can be seen here. Got some cool stuff? Show it off here and get feedback!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-15-2012, 01:39 AM   #1  
Untitled

StealthToast is offline Youtube: DoomKnightTGS
Default Pally's Corner of Awesomeness

Welcome to my domain, mortal!
I make random crap, trying to make something for everyone. You'll find mostly mods here, from little tweaks to total conversions. Don't expect many maps, tho.
So, grab your cart and see if there's anything you like! Enjoy!

Some of the SendSpace links might be dead, since SendSpace removes them if there are no downloads in a while. Now I'm using Dropbox, so if you want me to reupload anything, let me know.

Click the name of the mod/map to download it. Stuff with their names in Italics are Workshop-only downloads.

Index
My Pride and Joy (sort of):
Seriously DooMed: Total conversion mod that turns Serious Sam 3 into DooM.

Serious Sam HD
Serious Sam 3
Serious Sam 2
  • After The Awesome Encounter– Total conversion mod that changes all weapons and enemies.
  • Classic Speed Mod – Increases the player’s movement speed to match the player speed from SS1.
  • Classic Sniper Zoom – Changes the Sniper Rifle so that it may zoom up to x8.
  • Serious Sam 2 Upgrade – Adds Radar, Dual-Yield Weapon Combo System for Colts and Uzis (can be yielded with any other weapon), changed difficulties, increases FoV and makes corpses last forever (version without permanent corpses) NOTE: If the Radar and lowered weapon list don't work, download this and put it in your Content/SeriousSam2/ folder.

Other

Last edited by StealthToast; 01-02-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:53 PM   #2  
Untitled

Default Re: Pally's Corner of Awesomeness

Released 2 mods for SS2; a Total Convertion mod (After The Awesome Encounter) and a simple movement-enhancing mod (Classic Speed)!
Old 08-19-2012, 06:12 AM   #3  
Furious

Finzy is offline Steam ID: finzy Youtube: FunkyFinzy

Cool stuff. I especially like the Awesome Encounter mods and how you used enemies as weapons for them and all that craziness.

Serious Box Solid - SS3 Stealth Mod, officially released!

Finzy's Frozen Asylum -- Serious Escape: The Simian Encounter SS3 Mod -- SS2 Widescreen Fix Mod

Quote:
Pan: Auron: TIDUS WHAT IS THAT POKING ME IN THE BACK
Pan: Tidus: ITS FROM THE VIBRATIONS ON THE MACHINE I SWEAR
Old 08-20-2012, 11:33 PM   #4  
Untitled

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed them ^^ (Also sorry for the late reply, my attention span is the same as a goldfish's)

Edit: Also got some screenshots from the 5th map of mine and Raka's survival mappack, it has progressed a bit:

Also, excuse the weapon colors, and Rocketeer shirts, they're from another project I'm working on and I forgot to remove them while testing the map

Last edited by StealthToast; 08-20-2012 at 11:51 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:44 AM   #5  
Eagle Eye

Rakanishu is offline Steam ID: rakaFR Youtube: skiordiablo

Dis is awesome.
By the way I would like the fix the lightning, the shadows are too bright.

-------------------------
► .::~'Showcase Thread©'~::.
► .:'][Crippler and Raka's Artillery©][':.
-------------------------

Procyon, alive... and still shining.
Big up : beatbox - astronomy - seriouszone
► Youtube Channel
► Google +
Old 08-21-2012, 07:24 AM   #6  
Streptococcus

Good Stuff.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:15 AM   #7  
Untitled

Thanks guys!

Anyway, updated the main post with a new addition: a color pack for SSHD weapons!
Would've also included Candy Cane color, but Red/White didn't work out so well. :/
Old 08-24-2012, 08:27 AM   #8  
Untitled

Well, I'm working on my first "from-scratch" map (by that I mean with everything made by me, as usually I just put enemies, items and teleporters in a map ), and just felt like sharing some WIP screenies:

The village still needs a lot of work, adding some details and stuff, but I'm pleased with how the Cathedral-Castle-Fortress-thingy turned out in the background, might spice it up a bit more if it feels bland. Also unsure if the map's lighting is too dark.

Anyway, the concept of the level, for now at least, is: Travel through an icy valley, go through an underground cave, reach the Cathedral-Castle-Fortress-whatever's entrance from the underground, and from there find an exit to go outside. I'm also aiming for the level to be non-linear (multiple ways of getting to the objective, etc), except for the first part.

So, any thoughts?
Old 08-24-2012, 02:03 PM   #9  
Furious

Sounds good to me and the concept looks neat. And I assume that's WIP lighting because it rather looks like there is no lighting at all atm (needs shadows badly).

Models seem to be taken from Valley of the Damned and Grand Cathedral so it's not everything by you quite yet as you are still copying Croteam assets.

Finzy's Frozen Asylum -- Serious Escape: The Simian Encounter SS3 Mod -- SS2 Widescreen Fix Mod

Quote:
Old 08-24-2012, 02:08 PM   #10  
Arachnoid

Warmonger is offline Steam ID: HedgeMaster Send a message via ICQ to Warmonger

Looks nice so far. How many thousands of enemies?
Old 08-24-2012, 07:54 PM   #11  
Lightning Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finzy View Post
Models seem to be taken from Valley of the Damned and Grand Cathedral
Can't see anything from my map lawl , anyways, Happy you decided to work in it (the map)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devious
02:11 a.m. - Devious: 11:00 PM - Skullz: i once woke up with my girlfriend giving me a blowjob and i was like "how in the world did u get it hard while i was a sleep"
Old 08-25-2012, 12:32 AM   #12  
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finzy View Post
Sounds good to me and the concept looks neat. And I assume that's WIP lighting because it rather looks like there is no lighting at all atm (needs shadows badly).

Models seem to be taken from Valley of the Damned and Grand Cathedral so it's not everything by you quite yet as you are still copying Croteam assets.
Yeah, lighting is still WIP. Kind of fixed it now, there's shadows but some of them act weird when you are far.
As for the models, I'm clueless on how to make my own models, so I'm using architecture from Croteam levels for now, but mostly for the icy valley part, and probably some parts of the cave. I'll design the castle areas myself (By Valley of the Damned I guess you mean Land of the Damned, or Danker's map?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmonger View Post
Looks nice so far. How many thousands of enemies?
Thanks! And we'll see, as many as fit in the map, but not an overkill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danker View Post
Can't see anything from my map lawl , anyways, Happy you decided to work in it (the map)
Thanks!

Edit: I have an odd problem, if I tick off the Normal or Single Player Spawn Flag from an enemy, it will bug the script that spawns it. I can't add any bonus enemies for Hard, Serious and Coop. :|

Last edited by StealthToast; 08-25-2012 at 04:17 AM.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:37 AM   #13  
Furious

I meant Land of the Damned since they both sound similar anyways.

Quote:
Edit: I have an odd problem, if I tick off the Normal or Single Player Spawn Flag from an enemy, it will bug the script that spawns it. I can't add any bonus enemies for Hard, Serious and Coop. :|
You need to use a seperate script for it.

The reason it bugs out is because if the difficulty is normal and the enemy is not ticked to spawn on that difficulty, the game will think the entity does not exist at all and the script can't find the variable.

So if you wanted a detector area to spawn extra enemies on Serious for instance you'd need the main script used for gameplay that has no changes, and the extra enemies (that are set to only spawn on Serious), and a seperate script (that is only set to spawn in Serious). Both scripts check for the detector area with the difference that the extra enemies script only spawns extra enemies and nothing else. Hope that cleared it out for you.

Quote:

Last edited by Finzy; 08-25-2012 at 07:45 AM.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:44 AM   #14  
Educated Fairy

Seriously! Dev Master

Solais is offline Steam ID: SolaisYosei

Or since you're doing an SSHD map, you could use SS1 Triggers as well and that has no such problem with the spawners, however it is a little more static and not that useful. But perfect for enemy spawns and non-complex events, and you can perfectly use them to do a bunch of things. I barely even use Scripts in SSHD maps.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:01 AM   #15  
B☆RS

Devostator is offline Gamertag: Florian324 PSN ID: Devostator501 Steam ID: devostator Facebook: florian.schneider.81 Youtube: Devostatorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
Or since you're doing an SSHD map, you could use SS1 Triggers as well and that has no such problem with the spawners, however it is a little more static and not that useful. But perfect for enemy spawns and non-complex events, and you can perfectly use them to do a bunch of things. I barely even use Scripts in SSHD maps.
Sometimes you will need to use them both.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:17 AM   #16  
Untitled

Well, I'm not very familiar with using triggers for spawning enemies or items, cause I've been using scripts for that all the time. For the meantime, I will use Scripts to spawn stuff, but if it increases the map's size too much, then I will switch to triggers (will have to learn a bit more about them though).

Also, I made 2 custom enemies for the map: a Red Reptiloid (will replace Common Reptiloids as the level progresses), and a Cyan Beheaded that shoots homing plasma orbs. Note that the Cyan Beheaded will always spawn with at least one Solais' Medics around, they will be replacing Rocketeers and Firecrackers mostly.

Will have to fix their NETRICSA messages though, they show a Common Aludran and a Rocketeer instead of...well, what they should be. Anyway, here's how they look if anyone's curious:
Old 08-27-2012, 01:17 PM   #17  
Werebull

Artificia1 is offline Steam ID: artarrwen Send a message via Skype™ to Artificia1 Facebook: artarrwen.corr

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackknighttgs View Post
I will use Scripts to spawn stuff, but if it increases the map's size too much, then I will switch to triggers
How big can a bunch of text be?
Old 08-27-2012, 01:40 PM   #18  
Educated Fairy

Seriously! Dev Master

Solais is offline Steam ID: SolaisYosei

Hah, yeah, that is nonsense. Actually I heard that using SS1 Triggers can cause that, if the level really uses like 10000 of them, which is insane in many levels. But not scripts.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:47 AM   #19  
Untitled

So both scripts and triggers barely take any filesize? Great! Feeling kinda silly for thinking otherwise now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
Actually I heard that using SS1 Triggers can cause that, if the level really uses like 10000 of them, which is insane in many levels.
10,000 triggers? I don't think the level will have more than 5,000 entities in total to begin with

Anyway, part 1 out of 5 of the map is almost complete. Any tips for making my own architecture? Will have to make a lot of it very soon. Hope it doesn't require me to make completely new models though, I can only make shapes using the Mesh Editor and then mix 'em together.

EDIT: Also updated the main post with a quickie mod for BFE. Basically, it extends the player's field of view when in 3rd person mode, by either x2 or x3.

Last edited by StealthToast; 08-28-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:59 PM   #20  
Kleer

TSAndrey is offline Twitter: TSCAndrey Youtube: TScorporations

Boobs brought me here

Nice mods
JUST SKILL
Old 08-29-2012, 11:15 AM   #21  
Werebull

dragon99919 is offline Steam ID: dragon99919 Send a message via Skype™ to dragon99919 Facebook: dragon99919 Youtube: dragon99919

Boobs?!

But, Seriously! (TM) This is some gut stuff here. ^^
Keep it like that.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:10 AM   #22  
Untitled

Thanks guys! (I see my signature lure/trap worked too. ;P)

Anyways, been working on something non-SS related lately (Warcraft 3 to be specific), wonder if I can post it here once it's done, if anyone still plays WC3.
Meantime, *back to experimenting with SE3.5 with hopes of it not crashing*
Old 09-04-2012, 01:57 PM   #23  
Untitled

Alright, after playing through BFE again, I remembered how annoying Cave Demons are. So here you go, my revenge!
The Anti-Cave Demon Pack! Comes with 3 parts; one that changes its skin to a more obvious one (1 - 2), one that makes it bigger and reduces its health and one that makes it forget how to climb up pillars after jumping off them.
Note: The 3 parts are separated, in case someone would like just one of the above.

And also some bonus quickies, if anyone's interested:
The Samminator (for BFE), which basically turns Sam into a giant with overpowered weapons. (Download only if you want to mess around, having cheats on is recommended, as he may get stuck sometimes. Oh yeah, this is obviously a for-the-laughs one btw.)
And Classic Sniper Zoom, for SS2/HD/BFE, which increases the sniper's max zoom to x8, like in SSC.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:13 PM   #24  
Pan
Bropan

Pan is offline Gamertag: SeriousPan PSN ID: YueStrife Steam ID: Yuethetmerchant

Heeeheee, that's pretty good. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper45
I was thinking the other day how weird it was that we have a mod, where Snakes from MGS can stab snakes that were animated by... Viper. :P
SSHD & SS3 Multiplayer Models --- Serious Box Solid VS Mod --- Serious Fantasy: Legends
Complete Video Tutorial for SED3/3.5 Player Model Creation --- Serious Marine 3: Battle for Terra
Old 09-04-2012, 02:14 PM   #25  
B☆RS

Devostator is offline Gamertag: Florian324 PSN ID: Devostator501 Steam ID: devostator Facebook: florian.schneider.81 Youtube: Devostatorable

He looks even more slimy now
Old 09-04-2012, 08:51 PM   #26  
Lightning Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackknighttgs View Post
And also some bonus quickies, if anyone's interested:
The Samminator (for BFE), which basically turns Sam into a giant with overpowered weapons. (Download only if you want to mess around, having cheats on is recommended, as he may get stuck sometimes. Oh yeah, this is obviously a for-the-laughs one btw.)
And Classic Sniper Zoom, for SS2/HD/BFE, which increases the sniper's max zoom to x8, like in SSC.
Yay! Samminator's here and New Sniper Zoom (DAT ZOOM!)

That's some good stuff, after all Awesome stuff needs to be in the Corner of Awesomeness

Keep it like that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devious
02:11 a.m. - Devious: 11:00 PM - Skullz: i once woke up with my girlfriend giving me a blowjob and i was like "how in the world did u get it hard while i was a sleep"
Old 09-06-2012, 03:56 AM   #27  
Untitled

Glad to see people might enjoy killing Cave Demons more now.

Anyways, thought I might as well drop two more successful experiments with SE3.5, a Khnum menu screen (click this download) and brighter textures (or to be more specific, it changes the colors from their dark tone to a lighter one, so the Pistol looks silver-ish than gray, for example) for all the player's weapons (download this click).
Note that any other mod will overwrite the brighter textures'...well, textures. (i.e. Viper's Golden Pistol, Batandy's White DBS, Danker's color packs, etc)

I was also thinking of uploading a SS1 Soundtrack Replacement for BFE mod, but I think that's been done before, so...yeah.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:58 PM   #28  
Bio
MLG

How did you get a custom menu background screen working?
Old 09-06-2012, 11:47 PM   #29  
Untitled

You mean like the Khnum? You need to replace the Background.tex file in the Textures/Menu/ folder with your own texture, and...well, it should work and your menu background will be replaced.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:00 AM   #30  
Bio
MLG

Well, i used a jpeg file. I opened the jpeg file on SE3.5 and saved it as background.tex. Then when i start SS3, all it shows is a blank black background when im in the menu.