Seriously!
Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Creative Corner > Serious Engine 3.5 Workshop

Serious Engine 3.5 Workshop The official forum for Serious Sam 3: BFE projects, be it maps, mods, or something else.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-20-2012, 02:27 PM   #1  
Untitled

StealthToast is offline Youtube: DoomKnightTGS
Default Seriously DooMed

Seriously Doomed is a total conversion mod that attempts to change everything to feel like Doom, it changes nearly everything, from weapons and enemies, to music and (some) textures/skins.

Download Link
STEAM WORKSHOP: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/f.../?id=108703968

If any link is down, please notify me so that I'll reupload it.
Main File: http://www.moddb.com/mods/seriously-...main-file-v11b
Main Patch File: http://www.sendspace.com/file/561sr6
Large Patch File A: http://www.sendspace.com/file/d75k6r

Note: Please delete "<E/Z>_MOD_SeriouslyDoomedPatch.gro" if you have it, it's replaced by SeriouslyDoomedPatchMain.gro.

Installation and Compatibility
Copy the Z_MOD_SeriouslyDoomed.gro file to your "<Steam installation folder>/steamapps/common/serious sam 3/Content/SeriousSam3/". To disable the mod, remove it from the mentioned folder.
The mod is compatible with all other mods, but will overwrite any changes to enemies' stats, behavior, skins, etc. If you don't want this to happen, replace "Z_" in the .gro file with an "E_" and instead it will be overwritten by other mods that change that stuff.
For the patch file(s), make sure they also have "Z_" and "E_" before them, whichever your main file is using.

Screenshots and a Video
Gameplay video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfE_m...ature=youtu.be

BFC 9000 in action
Mutilating an Arachnoid Mastermind
Exchanging fireballs and plasma with a Scrapcubus
Getting close and personal
Fighting the Cyberkhnum (somewhere behind the trail of smoke )

VERSION HISTORY
Code:
v1.3
- Cyberkhnums now play a new animation when firing instead of the regular Khnum one, so that it looks more Cyberdemon-like. (thanks to Devostator!)
- Sniper has been replaced by the Soul Devourer, which is a floating orb that eats your enemies' souls. (again, thanks to Devostator!)
- Text has now been changed as well. (Difficulty titles, level names, weapon/ammo names, etc)

v1.2b
 - Nerfed Juvenile Spiders' attacks, but now they will be stunned for every 50 damage.
 - Hatchling Spiders deal 7.5 damage now, from 10.
 - Hatchling Arachnoids' further nerfed.

v1.2
Enemies:
 - Changed Cloned Soldiers' soundset from Zombie Soldiers (SS2) to Zombie Commandos (Doom 3).
 - Reduced direct impact damage dealt by Juvenile Spiders' projectiles, they are also slightly slower and can now be destroyed. He also has a new skin.
 - Ugh-Zan now needs 5 poles in his back to be stunned, and only up to 2 lightnings can strike him under 60 seconds.
 - Hell Knights and Barons of Hell now attack more often, but Barons' projectiles are less damaging.
 - Reptiloids are now Arch-Viles; they shoot a stream of fire (to immitate the wall of fire).
 - Juvenile Arachnoids now carry a laser weapon instead of a chaingun.
 - Rocketeers' firing sound has been changed.

Weapons:
 - C4 Crates now give 15 C4s, up from 10.
 - BFG3000 and BFC9000 projectiles are now green.
 - Mutilator now properly never heats up. 

v1.1c
General:
 - Fixed the previously major bug for real. ...hopefully.

v1.1b
General:
 - Fixed a major bug that prevented the mod from loading and crashed the game.

Enemies:
 - Hatchling Arachnoids now shoot slower and less damaging and speedy projectiles. Their projectiles are also magical now.

v1.1
General:
 - Changed Minor and Major Biomechs' models. (thanks to Batandy for the reskinned Khnums, and Solais for the base Knight/Baron enemy variants!)
 - Added a Rocket Launcher to the Cyberdemon's hand.
 - Reduced enemy speed bonus on Serious difficulty from +75% to +50%.
 - Enemies have less health on Tourist and Easy difficulties now, and are slower on Tourist.

Versus:
 - Sprinting has been removed.
 - Both Shotguns' spread has been widened, and both deal less damage.

Enemies:
 - Rocketeers fire faster between shots.
 - Technopolips now move faster.
 - Harpies are slightly slower and bigger.

AI:
 - Kamikazes, Kleers, Gnaars, Hatchling Spiders, Juvenile Spiders and Cloned Shotgunners get speed bonuses when they approach you closely ("close" is a relative term for each enemy).
 - Rocketeers will now sprint away if you get too close. They also shoot more often, and do so even more at longer distances.
 - Gnaars will now flank you when they get close, and attempt to surround you.
 - Kamikazes now zig-zag while moving (go left and right continously).
 - Kleers also zig-zag while approaching the player and shoot two fireballs at long distances.
 - Hatchling Spiders will create a small circle around the player and attempt to "lock" him/her inside now, and continously bite.
 - Juvenile Spiders will circle in a large radius around the player, trying to get far away so they can barrage him/her with rockets.
 - Cloned Shotgunners now will get close and try to flank the player.
 - Cloned Riflemen will try to stay away from the player and keep their distance.
 - Technopolips manuever around the player in a wider area now.
 - Juvenile Arachnoids will try to circle around players before firing, if they are too close.

v1.0
Released
CHANGELOG
Generic:
  • Changes music to DOOM remixed music (credits go to CoTeCiO from YouTube)
  • Changes the pre-menu, menu and loading screens' effects.
  • Changes the main menu to a Doom-themed one.
  • Difficulty has been increased; you don't regenerate health on Tourist, enemies deal full damage on almost every difficulty (except Tourist and Serious) and enemies are faster on Hard, Serious and Mental. +50% to max ammo has also been added to all of them, but +100% to Tourist and Serious.
  • Attempts to aim with the Pistol or Assault Rifle will make the player see the world through a hellish vision.
  • Weapon positioning is now similar to Doom’s. (thanks to Danker!)
  • HUD has been changed, and item pickup messages have been moved to the top left of the screen. (thanks to Danker, again!)

Weapons:
  • Hands: Trophies now deal more damage and are launched much farther.
  • Mutilator: Shorter range, but deals more damage over time.
  • Sledgehammer: Deals 200 damage per hit, kinda like Fists under a Berserk Powerup.
  • Pistol: Fires slower, but deals more damage and doesn't need to reload.
  • Single Shotgun: Pellet spread is now vertical only. Also deals more damage, fires slower and doesn't need to reload.
  • Double (Super) Shotgun: Fires 20 pellets and deals more damage.
  • Assault Rifle: Deals more damage and is perfectly accurate. (kinda to match Doom 3's Machine Gun)
  • Minigun: Doesn't need to spin up anymore and is rather innacurate at long ranges.
  • Rocket Launcher: Launches more damaging missiles that travel faster, but can kill you easily too if you're uncareful.
  • C4: Can be thrown much faster, and deals more splash and direct damage. (kinda like Grenades from Doom 3, if they were remote controlled)
  • Laser Gun: Shoots plasma bolts that deal 5-40 damage at a fast rate.
  • Devastator: A "minor" BFG. Shoots faster than a regular BFG, but deals less damage and has a smaller splash range, but still powerful enough. (Note: The scope has been removed so the player has more visibility, but you can still zoom in if you want.)
  • Sniper: Has been repalced by the Soul Devourer, the second most damaging weapon in the game, each shot deals 1000 damage, but fires slower. (like the Soul Cube)
  • Cannon: A mighty BFG. And...yeah, pretty much that. You shoot, almost everything dies. Can be charged so that the BFG shot travels faster. (note that it doesn't detonate on surfaces, only on enemies.)

Enemies:
  • Rocketeer: Now carries around a pistol, like Zombiemen (not a rifle like they do, but they only shot once anyway)
  • Gnaar: Stronger, bigger and more dangerous, like Pinkies. You can still melee it easily though.
  • Kamikaze: Ever wondered what it would be like if an Imp conjured two explosive fireballs, carried them around in its hands and ran to explode on you? Probably not, but this is it.
  • Kleer: Abilities of an Imp + Strength and Speed of a Kleer = Kleemp.
  • Hatchling Spider: Bigger, faster and with a more powerful attack, but still weak health. Kinda like Trites from Doom 3, minus the huge screenshaking that occurs when you get hit by them. (Note: they have a melee attack only now)
  • Juvenile Spider: Shoots high-velocity missiles at its enemies, which deal more direct damage than splash damage. Think of them as Revenants, if they were spiders, and had no homing projectile capabilities.
  • Cloned Shotgunner: Sergeant Zombieman. Not sure if he's weaker or stronger now, since he has more health but deals less overall damage per shot, but nevertheless he's still annoying.
  • Cloned Rifleman: Tall, beefy and with a minigun, the Heavy Weapons Dude reborn. Now with extra annoynace!
  • Adult Arachnoid: The Spider Mastermind's weaker brother(/sister). Although its attacks are no longer hitscan.
  • Werebull: They behave pretty much like Werebulls, only they are based on Doom 3 Pinkies. So, they launch you farther, are faster, deal more damage and have a cybernetic rear.
  • Major Biomechanoid: A Baron of Hell that shoots multiple projectiles, mixed wtih an angry Biomechanoid.
  • Technopolip: It's smaller and shoots reddish projectiles now. It's a Cacodemon and a Technopolip in one, a Cacocopter or Technodemon, if you will.
  • Harpy: The equivelant of Lost Souls, smaller, but much, much faster,
  • Juvenile Arachnoid: Remember Arachantrons? Those annoying bastards that would never stop shooting until you were out of sight? Well, they're back, only this time they never stop shooting. (unless you damage them a bit)
  • Minor Biomechanoid: If the Major is athe Baron, who else is more fitting to be the Hell Knight than the Minor? Well, except the Khnum.
  • Scrapjack: Now shoots fireballs at a random vertical direction for every shot, just like what it was inspired from. (Hint: Mancubus.)
  • Cave Demon: It's an imp that learned to jump and hide on columns and likes to annoy people! Although it's two times the size of regular cave demon, and has no fireballs.
  • Khnum: Cyberdemon reincarnated. Has around to 5000~ health and very dangerous rockets, but will still die to 4 BFG shots.
  • Witch-Bride: No longer deals damage, but the effect that plays when she chokes you is now more...uhm...hellish/reddish/annoying. She also has more health.
  • Reptiloid: Another Baron of Hell, but more of the boss version. (I ran out of Doom enemies at this point, so, had to recycle.)
  • Ugh-Zan: Shoots only missiles now, and (is supposed to do so) at a rapid rate. Also has more health and regenerates much faster. One BFG shot should be enough to kill him after all 5 poles are on his back.[
  • Scrapjack Boss/Monster/"Rahloom"/Whatever: Think of it as a mix between a Giant Scrapjack, a Cyberdemon and a Super Mancubus.

Hope you enjoy it!

---
To-Do List:
- Knee Deep in the Dead, and maybe Shores of Hell, Inferno, Thy Flesh Consumed and/or Hell on Earth. (not 1:1 remakes though, more Serious Sam-ified and larger)

Last edited by StealthToast; 11-27-2012 at 08:16 AM.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:54 PM   #2  
Educated Fairy

Seriously! Dev Master

Solais is offline Steam ID: SolaisYosei
Default Re: Seriously DooMed

Huh, it is bigger than I thought it was going to be. Sounds quite awesome really.

For your information, I actually have Hell Knight and Baron of Hell reskins of Khnums in my enemy pack, if you're interested in them (I tried to recreate them faithfully).
Old 10-20-2012, 03:01 PM   #3  
Just-a chillin'....

Mongo is offline Steam ID: Serious_Gnaars Send a message via Skype™ to Mongo

Wow. Awesome mod! I love it so far just by the trailer. I'll download later. Keep up the good work!

My name is Mongo, and I like Gnaars. And Cookies. Mmmm... Cookies!
Old 10-20-2012, 05:18 PM   #4  
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
Huh, it is bigger than I thought it was going to be. Sounds quite awesome really.

For your information, I actually have Hell Knight and Baron of Hell reskins of Khnums in my enemy pack, if you're interested in them (I tried to recreate them faithfully).
Thanks! And sure, I originally intended to use them, but then I remembered I had no permission. So, it's okay to pack those models in the patch file and use them for the Knights/Barons then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
Wow. Awesome mod! I love it so far just by the trailer. I'll download later. Keep up the good work!
Thanks, hope you enjoy it!
Old 10-20-2012, 05:42 PM   #5  
Educated Fairy

Seriously! Dev Master

Yes, as of a few days ago when I released the final version of my pack (I suggest downloading it, I made the Hell Knights/Baron's to bleed green, though I removed their Doom sounds due to Workshop, but you could re-add them.) and gave the permission to just take whatever you want from it and you can pack it into your mods or maps as well, if you give credit that it is from that pack.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:52 PM   #6  
Rocketeer

gfxmichaeldial is offline Steam ID: michaeldial Raptr ID: Ultimate_Extreme Send a message via MSN to gfxmichaeldial Send a message via Yahoo to gfxmichaeldial Facebook: 655220790 Twitter: michael_dial_GX Youtube: Extremeabc

Serious Madness
AHAHHAHAHHAHA
I Enjoying this one tonight at the current moment, For experiment lol I did a Doom Style Weapon Mod placing those weapons in the middle. (I taught myself using one of Danker's Mod) and it turns out great,
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...s/?id=84139131

Solais's Work is Amazing whether it;s just a Project for the game or just Creating / Re-creating stuff like mappings and enemies. For my personal use I replaces some monsters in the game using his pack. The Green Biomechnoid with the Cannons are my Fav.

Keep up the Good work everyone
Old 10-21-2012, 06:04 AM   #7  
Untitled

@Solais, Luckily enough I kept your old pack, so I didn't need to go around searching for their sounds. Will include them in the next patch file, along with a Doomguy player model (hopefully) and probably some other stuff.

@Michael, Glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for the compliments!
Old 10-21-2012, 02:30 PM   #8  
Untitled

Made a quick update; changed Biomechs' models (thanks to Solais for the Khnum reskins), tweaked most enemies' AI to be more maneuverable and did some other minor changes. No Doomguy model though, I know nothing at modeling and reskinned Canned Cain doesn't look good. Anyways, enjoy!
Old 10-21-2012, 02:49 PM   #9  
Eagle Eye

Rakanishu is offline Steam ID: rakaFR Youtube: skiordiablo

Pretty cool mod but, my small review: I think the mod Seriously Doomed doesn't need sprint, without sprint, it would look mroe old school and you should upgrade the player's speed in my opinion, anyways good mod. I give a nein out of ten.

-------------------------
► .::~'Showcase Thread©'~::.
► .:'][Crippler and Raka's Artillery©][':.
-------------------------

Procyon, alive... and still shining.
Big up : beatbox - astronomy - seriouszone
► Youtube Channel
► Google +
Old 10-21-2012, 03:41 PM   #10  
Untitled

Hmm...sure, might remove sprinting from SP/Coop too I guess, and increase normal movespeed a bit. Although original Doom also had sprinting too.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:03 PM   #11  
Pan
Bropan

Pan is offline Gamertag: SeriousPan PSN ID: YueStrife Steam ID: Yuethetmerchant

I think it's fine. Sprinting was in the original doom and it still works here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper45
I was thinking the other day how weird it was that we have a mod, where Snakes from MGS can stab snakes that were animated by... Viper. :P
SSHD & SS3 Multiplayer Models --- Serious Box Solid VS Mod --- Serious Fantasy: Legends
Complete Video Tutorial for SED3/3.5 Player Model Creation --- Serious Marine 3: Battle for Terra
Old 10-23-2012, 06:41 PM   #12  
Kleer

I like this, but it's kinda getting harder than it suppose to be the juvenile spiders are a pain in the ass because they can kill you in 1 hit if your injured could it atleast be 20 damage? Cyberdemons are good at doing fastballs because they just anihilate you if your not quick enough and you should make it survival friendly also ever try making a Reptiloid Archvile?
Old 10-24-2012, 08:28 AM   #13  
Untitled

Alright, I'll reduce their damage (it wasn't even supposed to be that high, I typo'd, I guess ). Though, a tip vs Spiders: shoot them with anything and they will be stunned, even with one pistol shot. Also, I'm not sure what you want me to do with Cyberdemons, make their projectiles weaker or keep them as they are?
And...why didn't I think of that in the first place? Silly me. Oh well, thanks for the idea. Reptiloids will become Archviles in the next patch, so beware. =P

EDIT: Updated!

Last edited by StealthToast; 10-24-2012 at 04:15 PM.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:56 PM   #14  
Kleer

Just make the cyberdemons damage weaker like 15 for each rocket or so
Old 10-26-2012, 01:11 PM   #15  
Rocketeer

Oh man! This is awesome! I'm a huge fan of DOOM and Serious Sam and this is awesome! However if you run out of enemy ideas.... you could always do DOOM RPG enemies if you wanted too.... like a Blue DOOM 1 Pinky for the Werebull.. etc.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:20 AM   #16  
Untitled

@Klastnic, Nah, I'll keep the high damage, as Cyberdemons could kill you in 2 hits max if I remember correctly in the original Dooms.

@XXSeriousofSamXX, Glad you like it! And well, I was thinking of using Doom RPG enemies, but I decided to go for original enemies first, then Doom 3 enemies if I ran out of Doom 1&2 ones. I'll keep Doom RPG in mind for the future though, thanks for the suggestion
Old 10-28-2012, 02:16 PM   #17  
Untitled

Updated with new patch. Also, please delete the SeriouslyDoomedPatch.gro after downloading the new one, there were some problems with it being overwritten by the big patch file.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:18 PM   #18  
Pan
Bropan

Pan is offline Gamertag: SeriousPan PSN ID: YueStrife Steam ID: Yuethetmerchant

Yeah we're getting that problem with Serious Fatnasy, Black Knight. We have no idea what the craps going on but that normally doesn't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper45
I was thinking the other day how weird it was that we have a mod, where Snakes from MGS can stab snakes that were animated by... Viper. :P
SSHD & SS3 Multiplayer Models --- Serious Box Solid VS Mod --- Serious Fantasy: Legends
Complete Video Tutorial for SED3/3.5 Player Model Creation --- Serious Marine 3: Battle for Terra
Old 10-28-2012, 02:26 PM   #19  
Untitled

I think it has something to do with the .gro's names, seems to work kinda like a reverse alphabetical order, the last one overwriting the ones before it.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:10 AM   #20  
Rocketeer

Dude... I think I might get Serious Sam 3 because of this! Though uh... at the moment I'm busy playing DOOM.... :3
Old 11-01-2012, 04:09 PM   #21  
Untitled

Messed the links up, I put the patch file in the main file's spot. Updated both, now the new patch file link properly directs to the patch and the main file to the main file download on ModDB. Please redownload the patch file, if you want it (should be named SeriouslyDoomedPatchMain, not SeriouslyDoomedPatch).
Sorry for the inconvenience. :/
Old 11-01-2012, 04:17 PM   #22  
Banned

Thekazuya005 is offline Gamertag: Thekazuya005 PSN ID: Thekazuya005 Steam ID: Thekazuya005 Send a message via Skype™ to Thekazuya005 Youtube: thekazuya005

huh before some time i made the plasmagun and e1l1 map for ss cllassic
Old 11-02-2012, 04:26 AM   #23  
Kleer

I can't wait to try this out, it looks excellent, great job!
Old 11-02-2012, 01:32 PM   #24  
Untitled

Hope you enjoy it ^^

By the way, updated the patch file, now Cyberkhnums play a new animation when they fire (so that they'll look more like Cyberdemons), and the Sniper has been replaced by the Soul Devourer! (many thanks to Devostator for both! )
Old 11-02-2012, 03:00 PM   #25  
Educated Fairy

Seriously! Dev Master

Huh this Soul Devourer sounds interesting, you should replace the ammo icon as well.

Actually, maybe without the sounds or music, this could easily go unto the Workshop as well.

Also:
"To-Do List: - Find a way to change difficulty/weapon pickup/ammo pickup/death/difficulty messages and level names. (it bugged out after the patch)"

The translation.tbl since the patch is called as translation_ALL.tbl, use that from the latest ALL.gro.

Last edited by Solais; 11-02-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:01 PM   #26  
Untitled

I'll probably work into a no-copyrighted-stuff version for the Workshop soon, just to finish some minor details with the current one.

Also, tried that @ changing the translations_ALL.tbl file from the latest .gro file, doesn't seem to work (level names, difficulty titles, weapon/ammo names, etc, remain the same).
Old 11-02-2012, 05:21 PM   #27  
Educated Fairy

Seriously! Dev Master

Maybe you have to change both?
Old 11-02-2012, 05:41 PM   #28  
Untitled

Hey, that worked. Thanks.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:30 AM   #29  
Kleer

It worked fine yesterday but now i'm getting 21:16:52 ERR: Cannot open file Content/Solais/Models/Enemies/DeeDee/Baron.mch
Old 11-03-2012, 10:40 AM   #30  
Untitled

Weird, thought I fixed that. Reuploaded patch file. Oh yeah, also included the Translations.tbl files in too.

Edit: Still gives me an error message when I try to upload it to the Workshop, even in 2 parts. Although the second part is stuck in a permanent loop of "Publishing", the first one just gets "Workshop error 10".

Last edited by StealthToast; 11-03-2012 at 11:53 AM.