Seriously!
Go Back   Seriously! Forums > General > News & Announcements

News & Announcements Comments on the latest news and discussions from Seriously! Post your site questions, requests, and comments in here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 05:34 AM   #1  
ah damnit

Seriously! Secret Agent

Post Two more Serious Sam: Double D: XXL previews

As Serious Sam: Double D: XXL gets closer to being released, more previews are coming out. Here's two more of them to get you pumped up for the game!

Neoseeker

Quote:
Headless, shirtless men with bombs for hands run screaming at you in droves. Flying monkeys throw exploding bananas and jeer from the sky. What the hell is even going on here?

Don't worry, I stopped asking myself that question after about 20 minutes, and I was happier for it. The humor in Serious Sam has always been over-the-top and rather crass, so I did need some time to really warm up to the whole experience. While I'm not expecting Serious Sam Double D XXL to be a particularly long game, the pacing so far works for what it is. Intense, mind-boggling, and hilarious; this is going to be a fun ride.

VentureBeat

Quote:
A little while later, Sam falls into a pit and dies. His prone body reappears on the ground along with five or six red, cross-shaped icons that float around him.

SAM: Hey, come collect all these floaty things. Itíll give me more health when I get back up.

HUFF: I would, but some of those are dangerously close to that pit you just fell into. *Itís like this time that me and my momís ex-boyfriend Leon were dynamite-fishing down at the quarry. Never mind whose fault it was, but the boat tipped over, and Leon was like, ďSave the whiskey, Huff!Ē And thatís the day I learned that once you drop a case of whiskey down a quarry, itís *gone.

SAM: Great, Iím up now. With no health. Maybe you should go into this next room first.

And yes, that is actual dialogue from the game.

So far, it looks like the gaming press likes Double D: XXL. That's great news for both Mommy's Best Games and Devolver Digital!

Don't forget that Serous Sam: Double D: XXL will be coming out on February 20th, 2013[/i]!
Old 02-08-2013, 06:45 AM   #2  
Educated Fairy

Seriously! Dev Master

Solais is offline Steam ID: SolaisYosei
Default Re: Two more Serious Sam: Double D: XXL previews

What is with everyone's mother's ex-boyfriend always being called as Leon?