Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam 3 > Serious Sam 3: BFE Workshop

Serious Sam 3: BFE Workshop The official forum for Serious Sam 3: BFE projects, be it maps, mods, or something else.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2014, 07:06 AM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Default How to make custom game modes!

Thanks to Ryason55's research and finding a workaround, we are now available to create new game modes!

So what defines a game mode? In the official gro files, the game mode files are located in SeriousSam3/Databases/GameModes/. They are in .xml files, which are special kind of text files; text files the Serious Editor can't create. Due to this, whenever you try to create a new xml file, the game would give you the infamous credential error.

Fortunately, Ryason55 found a workaround:

Step 1: Go New -> Document.Text. With this, you create a new text file.

http://i.imgur.com/e18zXPo.jpg

Step 2: Open one of the official xml files with an external program (not the editor), and copy everything from it, and paste it to the new one in the editor. Make sure the source xml belong to a multiplayer mode, as you can only create multiplayer game mode.

http://i.imgur.com/x6PgxF4.jpg

Step 3: For your game mode to be its own thing, you need a few important strings you need to be looking for. These are:

gamestyle= Can be "Cooperative" or "Versus", depending in what you want.

menusortpriority= This determines where the game mode is located in the menu; there can be problems if they are small, so just give it a large number like 55

username= Name of the game mode. This uses translation strings, so make sure you name them correctly. Example: username="TTRS:GameType.Test=Super-special awesome mode"

tooltip= The tooltip of your game mode, as in, when you hover your mouse on the mode, this is what it displays below. Example: tooltip="TTRS:GameType.Test.ToolTip=TALK TO THE HAND!"

<cvar name="gam_idGameMode" customizelevel="never" default="[name of the file]"/> This is just under the "customizations" part. You have to put the file name as the default Game Mode, otherwise when selecting the custom game mode, the game will instead start the one specified. Example: <cvar name="gam_idGameMode" customizelevel="never" default="Test"/> (as the file was named Test.xml)

From what I understand, under <customizations> are values you could either set to be available for the players to customize, or lock those customizations for the mode to use a predefined value. For example, in Survival mode, the difficulty is always set to Normal, and you can't change that, because that customization is locked by its game mode settings.

Under <gamerules>, you can set the rules of your game mode, like if Singleplayer or Multiplayer is allowed (hint: you can't create SP game modes currently, so the Multiplayer have to be allowed always, otherwise it won't work), if saving is allowed (would be interesting in multiplayer, though doubt it works), FragLimit, TimeLimit, etcetera. Most of the settings imo are self-evident. From what I've seen, you can even change the spread of the machine gun's bullets, so the AR would be more inaccurate, but I haven't tried it yet.

http://i.imgur.com/jKlRaMB.jpg

At the bottom of your text file, you also find these two things:

<thumbnail filename= /> This have to be the file name and path to the little icon of the game mode.
<rules description= /> And these are the rules of the game mode, which is displayed when loading.

Example:

<thumbnail filename="TFNM:Content/SeriousSam3/Textures/Interface/Hud/LicenceToKill.tex" />
<rules description="TTRS:GameType.test.Rules=Test." />

Step 4: After you're done constructing your game mode, you have to save it. However, the editor cannot save xml files.
So first, save the text file as a txt, so you can edit it afterwards (as the editor can't open xml files either).
Then, specify the filename directly to have the .xml format. See the screenshot for the example:

http://i.imgur.com/iuuiWAr.jpg

Make sure that the name of the file is the same you specified in gam_idGameMode !!!

Step 5: After you are done, the game mode should be active in the moddable version of the game. However, you could notice that there are no maps for it. Indeed, you have to specify the game mode in every map's nfo file if you want those maps to be available for your new game mode.

http://i.imgur.com/kIIr0Y6.jpg

And with this, you are done!

http://i.imgur.com/buZDxvAl.jpg

So why new game modes are cool?

Besides from separating your special kind of levels that play different from the other levels (think of those racing maps by Pan for SSHD, or the MGS game mode of Finzy), you can write GlobalScripts for your game mode, that gives you the power to truly, fully customize how the game really plays. With this, you can create new fun game modes for SS3, basically changing how the game plays.

A few important bits:

Currently, you can only create Multiplayer modes. Custom Singleplayer modes will not show up in the game!

Currently, this only works in Serious Sam 3: BFE, as the Text Editor in Serious Sam HD's editor is broken right now.

You can find tutorials about making GlobalScripts and WorldScripts here: http://www.serioussam.com/wiki/index.php?title=Lua

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:14 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Praise the Sun!

Default Re: [Tutorial]How to make custom game modes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
Currently, this only works in Serious Sam 3: BFE, as the Text Editor in Serious Sam HD's editor is broken right now.
I know virtually nothing about the SS editors, but wouldn't editing the file in an external text editor and importing it in the HD editor work just as well?
Old 02-05-2014, 07:22 AM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO

By the Gods sire, thou hath created most excellent information! I shall make use of this!
Old 02-05-2014, 07:23 AM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_Vasile View Post
I know virtually nothing about the SS editors, but wouldn't editing the file in an external text editor and importing it in the HD editor work just as well?
No, because you have to save it with the SSHD editor, and the saving is what's broken with it.

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:51 AM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Night Sparrow

To note, I've put in a feature request for being able to make gamemode associations, where you could essentially have a custom gamemode work on maps that support a different gamemode (so, for example, a "Deathmatch2" gamemode could work on all maps that support "Deathmatch"). This will be important, as currently there is no remotely decent way to have official maps support these custom gamemodes. This is Bug #29179 on the tracker.

I've also put in requests for custom Single Player gamemode support (Bug #29180), and being able to save xml files through the editor (Bug #29178).
Old 02-05-2014, 08:20 AM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO

Not being able to save the xml files in editor isn't a huge deal, it's not like the editor interface is very suited for editing large text files anyway. I'd recommend just unzipping one of the official gamemode .xmls from the game gros (All_01) and editing it in something like Notepad++ outside of the editor.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:57 AM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Night Sparrow

The Editor is very capable of dealing with large text files; that's what the text editor is for (which is what you have to use at some point for this workaround). If the Editor could save/load xml files (at the very least as simple, renamed text files), this workaround wouldn't be a necessity, and you wouldn't have to switch the file extention everytime you wanted to tweak your gamemode. It is a lower priority request, but still something that should come around.

Also, note that there have been updates to some of the gamemodes in certain patches, so you'd have to search the update gros if you wanted the most recent version. (You know, just in case they added/removed cvars and game rules)
Old 02-05-2014, 09:09 AM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finzy View Post
Not being able to save the xml files in editor isn't a huge deal, it's not like the editor interface is very suited for editing large text files anyway. I'd recommend just unzipping one of the official gamemode .xmls from the game gros (All_01) and editing it in something like Notepad++ outside of the editor.
You'll get credential errors if you do that. You need to edit and save the xml files in the editor (as txt).

Old 02-06-2014, 06:50 AM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO

I meant as in SED3 isn't very user friendly for editing large text files since you can't see where a grouped statement in an xml ends for instance, and it lacks the features of advanced text editors.

But anyhoo yeah I found out about that credentials error the hard way. After resaving in SED3 I got the custom gamemode working alright though. Not a whole lot you can do with just these gamemode configs apparently, changing sledgehammer speed modifier works, not sure about shotgun and AR (seemed quite the same even after changing), and I was able to create custom gamemode descriptions but that's about it, the rest seems to require scripting.

Would anyone have knowledge of how to, say, automatically change players' player models via a script depending on which team they are on? Via those global params? Because the wiki doesn't really explain anything about that other than getting the puppet of players born, I need to know the functions I need.

That being said, it would be cool if we could recruit someone as a dedicated scripter for Serious Box Solid. (might be willing to give a slight tip for working scripts even)
Old 02-06-2014, 08:08 AM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
</3

King of the Cathedral

This is for SS Classic methode too?
Old 02-06-2014, 09:30 AM   #11   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO

It's quite obviously for SS3 only...
Old 03-09-2014, 12:43 AM   #12   Add To Ignore List  
G-Type Crazy

AverageJoe is offline Send a message via AIM to AverageJoe

I would like to know more information regarding the following identifiers:

<gamerule name="gar_iScoreSortIndex" value="3"/>
<gamerule name="gar_iGoalsSortIndex" value="-1"/>
<gamerule name="gar_iFragsSortIndex" value="-1"/>
<gamerule name="gar_iTimeSortIndex" value="-1"/>

How does SortIndex function?
Why is it Integers and not Boolean?

<gamerule name="gar_bCoopStyleItems" value="true"/>
<gamerule name="gar_bUseDMEntityParms" value="false"/>

How do these work?
What do I do in the editor for this to be used?

<gamerule name="gar_strPlayersTableColumns" value="Ordinal 0.05 | VoiceStatus 0.05 | AvatarImage 0.05 | PlayerName -1 | Deaths 0.1| Health 0.1 | Armor 0.1 | Location 0.12 | Ping 0.1 |"/>
<gamerule name="gar_strServerListColumns" value="Server -1 L | Level 0.5 L | Players 0.1 C | Ping 0.1 C |"/>

How does TableColumns and ServerColumns function?
Why are they Floats and not Integers or Booleans?
What does L do?
What does C to?
Do L and C work on TableColumns or only ServerColumns?
Are there other chars besides L and C?
How do these Floats work?
Why are there negative numbers?
Why are there no numbers above one?
Why are the numbers unevenly distributed?

-1, 0.05, 0.1, 0.12, 0.2, 0.3, 0.5 <--What do these mean??

<gamerule name="gar_iLTKMinDuration" value="-1"/>
<gamerule name="gar_iLTKMaxDuration" value="-1"/>
<gamerule name="gar_iLTKMinPause" value="-1"/>
<gamerule name="gar_iLTKMaxPause" value="-1"/>
<gamerule name="gar_iNewLTKScore" value="-1"/>
<gamerule name="gar_iInitialLTKCount" value="-1"/>

What does Time have to do with a Timeless Score System?
Are these Obsolete or do they function?
Why aren't these used in the game itself?
What is an LTK Min/Max Duration?
What is an LTK Min/Max Pause?

These have no inherent information and require explanation to be useful.

Thanks.

Last edited by AverageJoe; 03-11-2014 at 01:33 AM.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:26 AM   #13   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageJoe View Post
I would like to know more information regarding the following identifiers:

<gamerule name="gar_iScoreSortIndex" value="3"/> How do these numbers work?
My guess is that they just change the indexing of frags, goals, time and whatnot in the scoreboard player list. I think Score having a value of 3 means that players are indexed by score. If you wanted them to be indexed by frags you could put Frags to 3 and Score back to -3 and see what happens.

Quote:
<gamerule name="gar_iKilledByPlayerScore" value="0"/> I'm guessing this is score added when killed by player.
<gamerule name="gar_iKilledByMonsterScore" value="-5000"/> Death by monster penalty.
<gamerule name="gar_iRespawnTimePenalty" value="8"/> 10 second respawn.
<gamerule name="gar_iIKilledPlayerScore" value="1000"/> Player Fragging Score Added
Exactly what you thought probably. Except I think respawn time penalty might be reduced from score somehow, I think the actual respawn time was controlled by a different option.

Quote:
<gamerule name="gar_bCoopStyleItems" value="true"/> I don't know.
<gamerule name="gar_bUseDMEntityParms" value="false"/> Faster Double Barrel Shotgun, etc.
First one affects whether items respawn as far as I know.

The second one affects which version of the entity params weapons and items use. As you know weapons have two params, one for Co-op and one for DM. This just changes which one is loaded.

Quote:
<gamerule name="gar_strPlayersTableColumns" value="Ordinal 0.05 | VoiceStatus 0.05 | AvatarImage 0.05 | PlayerName -1 | Deaths 0.1| Health 0.1 | Armor 0.1 | Location 0.12 | Ping 0.1 |"/>
<gamerule name="gar_strServerListColumns" value="Server -1 L | Level 0.5 L | Players 0.1 C | Ping 0.1 C |"/>
This stuff seems kinda obvious but I don't understand how the numbers and letters change things.
I think this affects the scaling and position of player names, icons and other info in the scoreboard.

Quote:
<gamerule name="gar_iLTKMinDuration" value="-1"/> I have no idea what LTK is.
<gamerule name="gar_iLTKMaxDuration" value="-1"/>
<gamerule name="gar_iLTKMinPause" value="-1"/>
<gamerule name="gar_iLTKMaxPause" value="-1"/>
<gamerule name="gar_iNewLTKScore" value="-1"/>
<gamerule name="gar_iInitialLTKCount" value="-1"/>
Dunno what LTK is either, might be last team standing gamemode related settings. Although I'm pretty sure I saw a mention of them elsewhere.

Last edited by Finzy; 03-09-2014 at 07:29 AM.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:11 PM   #14   Add To Ignore List  
#AltFurry

Valerie Valens is offline Send a message via AIM to Valerie Valens

I am pretty sure LTK stands for License To Kill.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:20 PM   #15   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

This thread exists to teach people how to actually create new game modes, as it is explained in the first post, as this was not possible to do till now. It was posted on the day it was made possible. You have to figure out what those settings do yourself - or really, anyone willing to do that research - and post your research.

Last edited by Solais; 03-10-2014 at 06:24 PM.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:31 PM   #16   Add To Ignore List  
G-Type Crazy

I fixed my post to make more sense.

This is the listing of every Column Type entry.
http://i.imgur.com/OXlOR9g.png
http://i.imgur.com/YBfoE6R.png

Last edited by AverageJoe; 03-11-2014 at 01:31 AM.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:24 PM   #17   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO

Ok, heads up for everyone, the new public beta breaks existing gamemodes made using the "workaround" technique mentioned in the first post, so if you're working on custom gamemodes it's probably recommended not to update just yet (UNLESS your gamemode only uses specific levels like our Serious Box Solid mod, in which case it can be fixed).

To get them working again (aka. update them to the new version), do the following:

- Create a blank text file in SED3
- Copy over the current gamemode's contents (without the signature data)
- In the beginning, where it says <gamemode gamestyle="Versus", add a space and then gamelevels="LastTeamStanding" (where it says LastTeamStanding, add whatever levels you want your gamemode to support. E.g I want our mod to work with Infiltration levels only, so I just need to add Infiltration. However this feature is currently broken and only seems to work with one specific level type, it will be fixed in the next update though so you can choose which levels can be used in the gamemode without having to even edit level nfo files).
- Save it normally as an xml file

I'm not sure if it's required to start over from a blank file but it can't hurt, the signature data might be different from what it was before.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:31 AM   #18   Add To Ignore List  
Night Sparrow

So yeah, the current Public Beta (properly) implements gamemode associations, so new universal gamemodes are now possible. Basically, there's a new "leveltype" setting that lets you define the levels the gamemode will be able to load up. So, for instance, if you wanted to make a gamemode load up Survival levels, you'd set it to "TeamSurvival" (or if your gamemode is intended for Single Player, "Survival").

Oh, and custom Single Player gamemodes don't work yet. This has been reported and should be fixed in a future version. As well, this update will break gamemodes made in previous versions again. To update from the previous version, change "gamelevels" to "leveltype", and remove the line that defines the "Gamemode" cvar (that's done automatically now).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageJoe
<gamerule name="gar_iScoreSortIndex" value="3"/>
These determine how the players will be ranked when the match ends, and are essentially the winning conditions in Versus-based gamemodes. 3 will always be the primary goal, while any numbers below it (down to 0) will be taken into account if any draws occur. Of course, any conditions set to -1 are not taken into account.

However, note that in Team-Based Versus, the game is unable to use "Time" (used for Survival) as a victory condition. This is because the game isn't programmed to add up the times for each team. Non-team-based Time rankings will work correctly, however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageJoe
The Float numbers are essentially the width of each element in the Player list relative to the width of the player list. A value of 1 would essentially be the entire width of the player list. -1 is only used once, and gives all the unused space to that element, while aligning all elements beyond it to the right side. Remember that team-based gamemodes have smaller player lists (since they're displayed side-by-side).

I'd imagine the same would apply to the ServerLists. Not sure about the letters though. Probably best to leave it as is, since Moddable doesn't even have server lists.
Old 06-14-2014, 12:53 AM   #19   Add To Ignore List  
G-Type Crazy

Wait a minute. This is in the SSHD Editor section. I was under the impression that this game mode ability was only for SS3. Am I correct? Is this thread in the wrong place?
Old 06-14-2014, 02:33 AM   #20   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Thread at wrong place. Originally, SSHD and SS3 editor stuff was at the same place. Probably still is. And LD just added the 3.5 place a week ago.

Old 02-14-2016, 04:50 AM   #21   Add To Ignore List  
Night Sparrow

Default Re: How to make custom game modes!

Figured I'd go and list out all of the Gamemode Rules. There are a number of them that I'm still not sure about and/or haven't explored fully, but I'll edit the post if/when any new info arises:

gar_bAllowsSP [true/false]

Determines whether or not the gamemode is usable in Single Player. Also enables the functionality of the "Classic Outfit" item.

gar_bAllowsMP [true/false]

Determines whether or not the gamemode is usable in Multiplayer. Also allows the player's selected player model to show up ingame.

gar_bAllowSaving [true/false]

Determines whether or not saving is enabled. Note that saving will not function properly for any gamemode other than SinglePlayer. Also, custom single-player gamemodes still don't work.

gar_ctMaxPlayersTop [Integer]

Maximum number of players in a game. Can be set above 16, but it doesn't seem to work properly for players 17 and up.

gar_ctMinPlayersBottom [Integer]

Minimum number of players in a game.

gar_strSpawnFlags [String]

(?) Determines what spawn flag to take into account when spawning entities into the world. This coincides with the "Spawn flags" entry in the properties of each entity. If the entity doesn't have the defined spawn flag, it's not spawned on world start. Known valid entries are "SinglePlayer", "Cooperative", and "Deathmatch". Inputting anything else will likely cause *nothing* to spawn... but this hasn't been tested.

gar_bShowMPInterface [true/false]

(?) Determines whether or not to show the player list on the right side of the screen in multiplayer. If gar_bVersusMode is true, this setting is ignored, and the player list is disabled regardless.

gar_bCoopStyleItems [true/false]

Determines whether or not individual items can be picked up by all players. As well, if set to false, items will automatically respawn as determined by the respawn time set in the item's parameters.

gar_bItemsAddToScore [true/false]

Determines whether or not items can award score to the players who pick them up.

gar_iSecreetScoreOverride [Integer]

Overrides the amount of score awarded to the player for finding a secret. If set to -1, it'll use the score amount set on the individual secrets.

gar_bApplyImpactFromDamage [true/false]

(?) In theory, this would determine whether or not attacks can knock you back... But this always happens, regardless of this setting. More research is required.

gar_bApplyFallingDamage [true/false]

Determine whether or not falling damage is applied when falling from great heights.

gar_bDMStyleRespawning [true/false]

Determines whether or not players respawn at Spawn Markers. If false, players will spawn at ChapterInfos.

gar_bUsesFragLimit [true/false]
gar_bUsesGoalLimit [true/false]
gar_bUsesTimeLimit [true/false]

Determines which conditions are able to end the game.

gar_bLivesCounted [true/false]

Determines whether or not the lives system is used.

gar_bAllowTreasureItems [true/false]

Determines whether or not Treasure items will appear on the maps. If false, they'll be deleted on spawn.

gar_iScoreSortIndex [Integer]
gar_iGoalsSortIndex [Integer]
gar_iFragsSortIndex [Integer]
gar_iTimeSortIndex [Integer]

Determines how players will be ranked in the player list. -1 will have the condition completely ignored. 3 will be ranked the highest, and 0 will be ranked the lowest. Additionally, "gar_iTimeSortIndex" will enable Survival rules (No respawning; Round ends when everyone has died).

gar_bNetricsaEnabled [true/false]

Determines whether or not Netricsa is usable.

gar_bVersusMode [true/false]

Determines whether the gamemode will be listed under Versus (true), or Cooperative (false).

gar_iSeriousDamageScore [Integer]

???

gar_fPlayerVsPlayerDamageMultiplier [Float]

Determines the damage multiplier applied in PvP scenarios.

gar_bApplyDifficultyPlayerDamageMultiplier [true/false]

(?) Determines whether or not PvP damage is affected by the Difficulty's damage multiplier.

gar_fSeriousDamageMultiplier [Float]

Determines the damage multiplier applied while using Serious Damage. Due to a lack of Serious Damage item, this setting does nothing.

gar_bDropItemsWhenKilled [true/false]

Determines whether or not players will drop their current weapon as an item on death.

gar_fMeleeWeaponSpeedMultiplier [Float]

Determines the speed multiplier applied to the player while using the Sledgehammer. This is similar to how the speed multiplier for players using the Knife in FE/SE was applied.

gar_fSelfHitRangeDamageMultiplier [Float]

???

gar_fShotgunBulletRadius [Float]

???

gar_fMachineGunBulletRadius [Float]

???

gar_iChainsawDamagePerSec [Integer]

Due to a lack of Chainsaw, this value is likely unused.

gar_bPowerupDurationAsInDM [true/false]

Due to a lack of Powerups, this setting is unused.

gar_bIncludesEnemies [true/false]

Determines whether the player spawns with the Hands (true), or the Sledgehammer (false). Additionally, if this is set to false while gar_bVersusMode is set to true, the Sledgehammer will be ready at all times (no wind-up). It's set up this way so that the hammer acts normally in Beast Hunt, which is a Versus gamemode that "includes enemies".

gar_bDisplayKillScores [true/false]

Determines whether or not killing a monster will display a score above its' head. This is primarily used in Beast Hunt.

gar_iKilledByPlayerScore [Integer]

Determines the score given/taken when the player is killed by another player.

gar_iKilledByMonsterScore [Integer]

Determines the score given/taken when the player is killed by a monster.

gar_iRespawnTimePenalty [Integer]

Determines how long it takes before the player is able to respawn after dying.

gar_iIKilledPlayerScore [Integer]

Determines the score given/taken when the player kills another player.

gar_iSavedGameScore [Integer]

(?) Determines how much score is taken away at the end of the level for each save the player has made.

gar_bUseDMEntityParms [true/false]

Determines whether or not to use the Deathmatch-specific parameters. This includes Weapon parameters, and player puppet parameters.

gar_bTeams [true/false]

Determines whether or not the gamemode uses teams.

gar_bSmallPlayerList [true/false]

???

gar_strPlayersTableColumns [String]

Determines the stats that are shown about each player in the player list. The value is a string that is formatted in a very specific way, for example:
"Ordinal 0.05 | VoiceStatus 0.05 | AvatarImage 0.05 | PlayerName -1 | Health 0.1 | Armor 0.1 | Location 0.12 | Ping 0.1 |"

The value following each entry defines how much space the element will take up in the player list, with 1 being the full length. Setting an element as -1 will give it all of the unused space, and it'll push all elements beyond it to the right side. Refer to this post to see the different elements and where they're normally used.

gar_bAutoRespawn [true/false]

Determines whether or not the player is forced to respawn after their respawn penalty has expired.

gar_bForceRespawnInPlaceWhenKilledByEnemy [true/false]

(?) Potentially self-explanitory.

gar_bLastStandingMode [true/false]

Determines whether the gamemode uses Last Man Standing rules. This includes disabling respawning, enabling the Round limit, and ending a round when only one player/team remains. Due to a bug, if "gar_bInMenuWarmup" is set to true, all players will be forced into spectator mode, and the mode becomes unplayable (this happens innately with splitscreen).

gar_bUsesLeaderboards [true/false]
gar_bLeaderboardPerLevel [true/false]

(?) Leaderboard stuff. I haven't looked into the specifics.

gar_iLTKMinDuration [Integer]
gar_iLTKMaxDuration [Integer]
gar_iLTKMinPause [Integer]
gar_iLTKMaxPause [Integer]

An unused License to Kill mechanic. All 4 of these must be set in order for it to work. Basically, this makes it so that you're only able to kill other players during random periods of time. The min/max durations determine how long these LTK periods are, and the min/max pause sets how long between LTK periods. So, if you set the rules to 10/20/5/15, there will be a 5-15 second delay, LTK will activate for 10-20 seconds, and the cycle will repeat.

These rules are intended to run on their own, but they're... somewhat compatable with the other LTK rules. It's bugged though, as you will not lose any LTKs when you kill other players... but you still require at least 1 LTK in order to kill anyone. Also, the "You have License to Kill!" voiceover will play both when you obtain a new LTK, and when the LTK period begins.

gar_iNewLTKScore [Integer]

The amount of score required to be awarded with an additional License to Kill.

gar_iInitialLTKCount [Integer]

The number of License to Kills that the player/team starts out with.

gar_strServerListColumns [String]

(?) In theory, this should determine the stats that are shown when the server is viewed in the Server list... however, entries in the server list are all uniform and display Server/Gamemode/Level/Players/Ping, so this is likely unused.

gar_bInMenuWarmup [true/false]

Determines whether players sit in the menu until everyone is ready, or if players can run around the map until enough players ready up.

As well, there are a number of features that are hard-coded to specific gamemodes. For reference, they are:
-CaptureTheFlag: The status of the flags is shown on the HUD, and dropped flags are automatically returned after an amount of time.
-InstantKill: All items are removed from the map, and players spawn with the Sniper Rifle. Players aren't actually one-hit-kills, it's just that the Sniper is OP.
-MyBurden: The Score-Feeding Item is allowed to spawn. In all other gamemodes it's deleted on world start.
Old 02-14-2016, 04:51 PM   #22   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

Default Re: How to make custom game modes!

Thanks dude! Knowledge++;